“Great time, great value :)” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only

You added Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only to your Saves list
Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Carretera Bavaro Km. 1 | PO Box 3177, Punta Cana 23301, Dominican Republic   |
Special Offer
Up to 25% discount
Ranked #20 of 99 Hotels in Punta Cana
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
“Great time, great value :)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012

We stayed at this resort for 1 week at the beginning of december. The weather was gorgeous, so warm every day, not one shower of rain. The highlight of the resort was the staff they were amazing!! So friendly and helpful, and very sociable. The resort was huge, with plenty of chairs and lots of snack bars. The buffet was ok, a bit limited with choice. The room was always clean and well kept, would certainly recommend it!

• Stayed December 2011
Bavaro_Beach_Resort, Quality Department at Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only, responded to this review, June 5, 2012
Dear Guest,

We really appreciate your kind review about your experience with us and for sharing it with many other travelers around the world who do not know us yet. Thank you so much for your trust and confidence in our Barceló Bávaro Beach. Please, in your upcoming visit do not hesitate to contact us. We will be more than happy to welcome you once again.

Barceló Bávaro Beach

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (792)
  • Polish first
Hamilton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012

My husband and I travelled to Punta Cana during March Break 2012. The resort was spotless! The room was a superior which was just fine for us. I was so impressed. Bathrobes and slippers too. We had a walk out to the beach which I loved. I can sit and watch the ocean. Superb spot at the end unit. The beds were very comfortable and pillows too.
The food was good. Some ala cartes were Ok but generally the food was fine. I always stay away from the mayo and food that has been sitting for a while. One thing I noticed was the fact that at the buffet the food was enclosed behind a glass door to keep it cool. Very impressive. Never seen this even at a Riu hotel. The food was good. The desserts could have been better, but who cares. Overall I would give it very good rating.

The beach was simply gorgeous. The hotel was quiet and there was music by the pool. The chairs near the bars were sooo comfortable, and the pool was incredible. Loved it! They had those fountains that were so soothing when you stood under them.

The nightlife was OK at both the Barcelo Palace and the Barcelo caribe. The buffet was beautiful right by the beach.

We went with another couple and really enjoyed our week. The drinks could have been better. The bartender by the lobby was really good during the day. The beach bar wasn't that great, but who cares. Everywhere you went there were staff cleaning all the time. The security in the resort was excellent too.

For the price we were very impressed. It is a quiet hotel. No noise at all while sleeping through the night.

Thank you to all of the Barcelo staff. The service was excellent.

Room Tip: If you travel with Airtransat your rooms are closer to the beach.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

Very friendly staff at this new Adults Only section of the Barcelo Resort. Our first interaction with the staff upon arrival was exceptional. Pools and rooms were clean and comfortable. The beach is beautiful and the overall experience was relaxing. The buffet food was "ok" and the restaurant staff was sometimes slow. The "a la carte" options were better. Would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

Excellent resort beach and pool area awesome!!!!!!!!!!! Staff always friendly and pleasant I had a great time practicing my spanish with them especially with Wander.First time to Punta Cana would definetly go back. Enjoyed staying at this adults only resort .The resort is perfect in size not too crowded. always able to find lounge chairs beach side or pool side..Food not bad enjoyed eating at the Mexican restaurant at the Palace and drinks always avaible great beer enjoyed PRESIDENTE.. Waiters always made sure you had a drink and would almost give you a funny look if you turned them down.. Can't wait to go back

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Bavaro_Beach_Resort, Quality Department at Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only, responded to this review, May 22, 2012
Dear Guest,

We really appreciate your kind review about your experience with us and for sharing it with many other travelers around the world who do not know us yet. Thank you so much for your trust and confidence in our Barceló Bávaro Palace Deluxe Hotel. Please, in your upcoming visit do not hesitate to contact us. We will be more than happy to welcome you once again.

Bellevue, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012

My husband and I took our delayed honeymoon to the Barcelo Bavaro Beach and while we had never heard of it before and were hesitant based on some of the reviews, we would have to say our experience was incredible.

Understand that everyone there speaks Spanish, so there are occasions where language is a barrier, but if you're pretty easy going and don't let it bother you (and have a good sense of humor), you can usually work out what you need. Thankfully, I have some Spanish skills, so those came in very handy.

The facilities are lovely. The pool was immaculate and the lounge area near the lobby was always clean. Our room was beautiful and was on the second floor, facing the ocean. It couldn't have been any better. Maid service was also very on top of things, so we never lacked for a clean room!

There were plenty of chairs around the pool and on the beach, so there was never an issue finding a spot to relax. The only complaint of these areas were the drunk people who didn't know how to not be obnoxious--but that wasn't something that the hotel could control. Also realize there are lots of Europeans, so you might see more speedos than you might like--and the occasional bare-chested female.

The bars were great. The indoor one near the lobby was our favorite, and by the third day of our trip, they had our coffee ready even before I got to the bar to order it. Rossy and Juana were fabulous bartenders and even helped me with my Spanish. Definately try to have them make your drinks.

On the subject of drinks: they are VERY strong. Too strong for my liking, actually, but there is one that was very good--Chi Chi Kapapuka (it tastes like an Orange Creamscicle)

There is plenty to do around. We had access to the Bavaro Palace also, where we had several of our meals and attended some nightly entertainment. Both places are great, but the Palace does have lots of children. We liked that the Beach resort was much quieter.

Overall, no complaints. The food could have been a bit better, but was definately palatable. We would travel here again. We also highly recommend the Romantic Beach Dinner--it was the highlight of our trip!

Room Tip: Try to get a building farther from the lobby, it's pretty loud at night with entertainment. Als...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

We really appreciate your kind review about your experience with us and for sharing it with many other travelers around the world who do not know us yet. Thank you so much for your trust and confidence in our Barceló Bávaro Palace Deluxe Hotel. We will be more than happy to welcome you once again, so please in an upcoming visit do not hesitate to contact us.

Beloeil, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012

Overall I thought this hotel was great.

Positive points: The beach is FANTASTIC, the food is good, the rooms are super. Then entire hotel is REALLY clean and the people are friendly

Negative points: The entertainment is lacking, the steakhouse is the worst place to eat, the disco doens't play Latino music (or anywhere else for that matter)

The Service: Well you do have to keep in mind that you are on VACATION. Not everything is a rush. I have to say that in the Guests services dept, Mr. Mendez went above our expectation in serving us and always with a smile:)

I would recommend for everyone EXCEPT if you are travelling solo

Hope it helped

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

We really appreciate your kind review about your experience with us and for sharing it with many other travelers around the world who do not know us yet. Thank you so much for your trust and confidence in our Barceló Bávaro Palace Deluxe Hotel. Please, in your upcoming visit do not hesitate to contact us. We will be more than happy to welcome you once again to our Caribbean paradise, always your second home.

Pittsburgh
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012

I want to prefice this review by stating what I was looking for when I chose this place:

- I wanted a post card worthy beach/ocean
- I wanted all-inclusive so I could grab a drink of whatever, whenever
- I wanted to relax and be relatively lazy
- I did not want to spend a fortune

ROOMS

Our room was spacious and clean, we were in building 2 w/ partial ocean view from our little balcony. Mini bar stocked daily, the maids were very accomodating and appreciate of tips. If we asked for an extra coke zero and a beer, they provided it. If we asked for an extra bath towel, not a problem.

OCEAN/BEACH

The beach was great, pleanty of palm trees lining the lounge areas, the sand was soft, the beach was not narrow and it was very clean. There was a crew that would come along 2 x a day and clean up the seaweed that would wash a shore. The amount of seaweed was the only negative and it wasn't a big deal at all.

The ocean temp was comfortable and you could just sit in 2-3 feet deep water all day if you chose to.

POOL AREAS

The pool was quite big and there were pleanty of spaces in the shade or sun to lounge in the pool or around it. No swim up pool bar (although at the Palace Deluxe they have one) but they have people that come around and take drink orders or you could walk the 20 steps to the bar right there! They have beds, lounge chairs and hammocks aroudn the pool area.

We went and hung out at the Palace Deluxe pool area one day and while it was louder and more late teens hanging out, it was enjoyable and a good change of pace from the pool area in the Adults only section. Also, theres a kiddie pool area so there weren't a bunch of todlers over by the pool bar area.

ACTIVITES
Ping pong, pool, bocce, shuffle board and chess are available.

Down at Palace Deluxe they have water activities
Lots of paddle boats, hobbie cats, kayaks, snorkelling gear for free fun in the water.

FOOD/DRINKS

I am not a picky eater and I have been to numerous places in my travels, so I may be easier to please then a lot of people, but I thought the food overall was above average.

*Drinks - some of the drinks were a little sweet/sugary for my taste, but I didn't think they skimped on the alcohol as some places tend to do. Try a Miami vice if you want a nice 'boat drink'

Breakfast - they had am omelet station which was good and I enjoyed the hashbrowns and bacon too. There were pleanty of different fruits, yogurt, cereal and bread options, along with french toast, pancakes and crepes. I had no complaints with breakfast and I think no matter what you like you could find something you liked.

Lunch- they had 2 "hibachi" like stations cooking/grilling various seafood and meats that were available or you could order something specific. They also had a pasta bar which my girlfriend, mother and I took advantage of a lot. Another favorite of ours was the home made potatoe chips which we would top with the readily available blue cheese! (So unhealthy...but its vacation!)

There were other options including salad (not the best selction of toppings) and various hot foods including chicken, beef, different types of beans, rice, etc.

Again, I ate mainly from the grilled seafood, the shrimp, the homemade potatoe chips, and the pasta bar and that satisfied me for my lunches.

Dinner- The dinner buffet wasn't much different from lunch, so after 1 night of the dinenr buffet we ate at the following a la carte restaurants:

- La Biza (or La briza?) - you get a salad bar which isnt anything special, and we all ordered soup which was average at best. However, my mother and I both liked the shrimp meal we got and my girlfriend and I both really enjoyed the oreo bomb dessert. She was not a big fan of the lobster ravioli she got. Overall, id say our meals at this place were average.

- The Seafood Restaurant (forget the name) - Same deal as the first place, you get a salad bar to start, nothing extraordinary but it wasn't bad either. The clam chowder soup was also just average, but we all really enjoyed our main course. I got the yellow fin tuna, ordered it rare, just seared on each side. I am a big tuna fan and I enjoyed this piece of fish. My mother and girlfriend got the mixed seafood that came with half a lobster, a few pieces of shrimp, a piece of fish and they both enjoyed their dish. Dessert was pretty good too. Overall, I would describe this place as above average.

- Chez Gourmet - no salad bar to start and the appetizers were quite small. They have escargot but none of us ordered them. I got a seafood sampler, lobster tail (ok) crab claws (pretty decent) and shrimp (pretty decent). My girlfriend got a T Bone, which was a nice sized portion and surprisingly good. My mother said the lamb chops she got were decent. We had crepes for dessert, which weren't bad. Overall, I would describe this place as above average.

- Strikers Sports Bar - good atmosphere, lots of flat screens, open late if not 24 hours, we got nachos and calimari there, nothing special but oh well, we wanted to catch some of the playoff games and this worked out well.

Food overall, I liked breakfast and lunch, the dinners weren't anything spectacular but we weren't at a 5 star resort or paying $50 per person to eat at 5 star restaurant, so we went in knowing this. If you aren't an overly picky eater and you go in with the right mindset, I don't think you'll be dissapointed.

One thing that we all felt would have been nice, and we've seen it done at other places we've been to, is some type of beach grill set up for lunch as opposed to having to go to La Briza or go to one of the buffets. But again, not the end of the world to have to walk 2 mins to go eat.

The Resort and our Experience Overall- Very good!
We lounged around all day, soaking up the sun on a beautiful beach or by a lovely relaxing pool.
We ate pleanty of food that we enjoyed and had pleanty of drinks throughout the day. It didn't rain once while we were there and only got overcast 2 afternoons right after lunch time.
The place is kept very clean

Staff was accomodating and friendly (Consuela and Wander especially). Ac in the rooms kept it comfortable. Food was good, not great but I beleive you can find things you like. Maybe just try a little of everything the first day, so that you don't find something too late in the week to enjoy it as much as you would have liked!

If you're looking for a relaxing vacation on a beautiful beach, this is the place.

Room Tip: Palace Deluxe Suites have a tub on all the balconies, not sure the price difference from where we st...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only? Share your experiences!