“Saona Scuba Diving Excursion - A Must Do!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #28 of 118 activities in Punta Cana
Type: Water sports
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: DRESSEL DIVERS is the company chosen by the prestigious Iberostar Hotel chain for the last twenty years to run diving activities on the premise of its luxury hotels in the Caribbean, to ensure that this service has the same quality as the hotels.We are dedicated to teaching diving and offer all levels of PADI courses: From beginner all the way to PADI instructor. Other federations are also welcome. We offer boats especially made for diving by a lifelong diver, the owner, who contributed his strong experience to construct outstanding boats for this activity. Our main priority is to guarantee your safety!We organize diving excursions every day for certified divers to the marvelous reefs, that are closest to our hotel, as well as full day excursions for both divers and snorkelers to more remote sites such as Bayahibe and Saona Island.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Mississauga
“Saona Scuba Diving Excursion - A Must Do!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

My sister and I were in Punta Cana from August 22nd to September 7th and made a bunch of dives through Dressel Bavaro. After completing our open water certification, we went on the Saona excursion.

The excursion leaves around 7:45am and arrives in Bayahibe after about an hour and 15 minutes drive. Once there, you go to the Iberostar Hacienda Dominicus to the dive center to get your gear. The scuba divers head out on one boat and the snorkelers on the other. I think it took about 20-30 minutes to arrive at the first dive site where you make a 50 minute dive around a beautiful reef. Our guide was Matias, who was absolutely wonderful! He ran through a quick briefing of what our dives will be and then headed out for the first dive. The whole time he was very patient and made excellent use of his new toy (a noise maker, hahah) when he saw something cool; it was really good that he pointed out all the different species he saw so everyone got a chance to see them as well. We got to see a tons of fish, eels, sting rays, crabs, etc. The reef is gorgeous and there is sooooo much to see.

After the first dive, the boat heads to the island where there is a BBQ waiting with something for everyone (pork/chicken, salads, fruit, bread) and alcohol for the non-scuba divers. You get about 2 hours to relax on the island before heading out for the second dive. It took about 5 minutes to get from the island to the second dive site. The reef was different from the first but just as beautiful. Matias was also great on the second dive. He continued to point out all the different species underwater. We even got to see a sea turtle which was the one thing I wanted to see really bad!

After the second dive, the group heads to the natural pools where there are lots of other people. You get the chance to have some rum/beers and relax in the warm shallow waters for about 45 minutes before heading back to the hotel and the bus. The ride home is just as fun because you can continue to drink. We had a bus full of German people who were absolutely hilarious and kept us entertained the whole way. You arrive back at your hotel around 6:30.

The excursion was absolutely fantastic - great instructors/guides, beautiful diving and lots of fun! Definitely recommend it to anyone who wants to spend a day away from their hotel seeing some new places.

Sequim, Washington
“A Great Diving Experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

My family and I just spent 2 weeks at the Hard Rock Hotel in Punta Cana. While there I noticed the Dressel Dive Scuba Center and stopped in to chat with Alberto about see if my 16 year old son, Eric, could get certified. Alberto was engaging and friendly and signed us up for certification, a refresher for me and 2 dives off Saona Island. We met with instructor David Barlic the next day and my son and I had a great time, learned much and were ready to get diving (after a little book work for my son!). Alberto informed me I could upgrade my certification with 1 more dive, so I signed up! Did a little reading and learning and had a great time. We dove Cuevetas (sp?) on the Atlantic (lovely coral) and Saona in the Carribean (awesome on all fronts). David guided Eric throughout all of his dives expertly and patiently. Overall, an outstanding effort. My son enjoyed his learning, but better still was his hospitality and cheerful spirit. A friendship made and enjoyed (and thanks to Facebook, continued!. Kudos as well to Armando, Barri and Jesus for their guidance on our dives. It reminded me what fun being underwater is! Check them out! Best to all, Ty

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Nothing short of the best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I planned vacation to Iberostar Bavaro long before I planned to become an "Open Water" Scuba certified. Once I made my decision to dive it was time to choose a dive shop in the area. Having completed the trip, I have to say that ratings do not lie. I have never seen a more courteous, accommodating, professional, safety oriented organization.

Long form review

I signed up for the certification program and required a number of pool dives and 4 open water dives as required by PADI. My first dive was a personal disaster as I was not able to equalize, this has happened to me before...without fail, Dressel accommodated a second dive with a supporting instructor that was able to help me overcome the issues. The rest of 3 dives went without issues and I learned clearly how MY body needs to deal with pressure differences.

Instructors - Chris was amazing in the pool, having to do pool sessions to teach new divers what "to do" and "not to do" i the pool must be mind-numbing day-in-day-out...but Chris made this fun and very educational. Elena, Marcello, and Bari were excellent instructors.... As expected, staff never misses a beat...no matter which level of diver you are they will check EVERYTHING to ensure that you have a great time safely.

Equipment - a lot of the equipment is brand new...the one that is not is in fantastic shape. I was supplied with not just the BCD, mask and air tank, but other items were available such as dive computer, compass, etc...

Boats and Captains - Boats are spacious and even when 15 divers on board did not feel crowded. Captains amazed me as well...(would love to call out some names, but forget as divers do not deal with them directly)...these guys can pinpoint a location out in the ocean without a marker...no float, nothing...and they are able to get the boat precisely over the dive site so that you don't waste your time swimming.

I had the best time diving and would highly recommend this shop if you are in the area.

Rimske Toplice, Brezovica, Slovenia
“a wonderful experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

With my family was on vacation in Punta Cana. Among others, we went to the sink. Our guide was David Barlič. Friendly, funny and entertaining guy with a lot of knowledge about diving, showed us in two dives the wonderful underwater world on the island of Saona. Turquoise sea, beautiful corals, variety of fish, turtles,.. All that we have experienced together in too short a day trip. Thank you David, thank you family.
I hope that will ever return. Bye

Google Prevajalnik za poslovne uporabnike:Zbirka prevajalskih orodijPrevajalnik spletnih mestIskalnik po svetovnih trgih

Izklopi takojšnje prevajanjeO Google PrevajalnikuZa mobilne napraveZasebnostPomočPošljite povratne informacije

Kliknite za urejanje in prikaz drugih prevodov

Visited July 2013
Lancashire
“Dressel Divers ... simply ..."The Best"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

We have recently from our holiday in Punta Cana and would like to say a big thank you to the guys at Dressel Divers for some great diving. Dressel are based at the Iberostar Hotel, although we were staying at the Grand Palladium Bavaro and following a poor experience with the dive centre on the resort (Dolin) when we first arrived, and being a PADI Divemaster myself I decided that I was more likely to get the professional attention and experience from Dressel as they are a Padi 5 Star Instructor Development Centre so the standards would have to be good ... and I was right ... they're brilliant!

I booked a day diving on a trip to Saona Island and the guys were briliant ... everything by the PADI book and interested in making sure we had the best dive experience possible. The instructor leading the dives, David Balic was awesome. I then did another day diving, again led by David, which included 2 wrecks & night dive. Again the same attention to detail and a high level of diving standards no to forget some brilliant diving.

All in all the Dressel set up is extremely professional with first class gear, superb boats and an awesome team. All the staff & instructors were great fun to be with and very attentive. I would dive with Dressel again any time and will certainly try and hook up with them when I'm in another part of the Caribbean, but hope I can dive with this crew again sometime.