“Dressel Divers Punta Cana Elena is awesome” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Quality Scuba Diving Centers WITH 20% Online Discount! DRESSEL DIVERS is the company chosen by the prestigious Iberostar Hotel chain for the last twenty years to run diving activities on the premise of its luxury hotels in the Caribbean, to ensure that this service has the same quality as the hotels.We are dedicated to teaching diving and offer all levels of PADI courses: From beginner all the way to PADI instructor. Other federations are also welcome. We offer boats especially made for diving by a lifelong diver, the owner, who contributed his strong experience to construct outstanding boats for this activity. Our main priority is to guarantee your safety!We organize diving excursions every day for certified divers to the marvelous reefs, that are closest to our hotel, as well as full day excursions for both divers and snorkelers to more remote sites such as Bayahibe and Saona Island.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Hamilton, Canada
“Dressel Divers Punta Cana Elena is awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

I just recently returned from a week long trip to Riu Bambu in Punta Cana. I researched the different dive centers in the area and found that most people had a great experience with Dressel Divers. I echo those sentiments.

I am was open water certified but still a novice diver. Elena was my instructor on the dive and I think she could tell I was a little nervous, having only previously done lake dives. She was fantastic. She was very clear in her explanations and that she was in charge of the dive (which I think is very important for safety reasons). She went over the different hand signals, checked my equipment and during the safety stop enjoys playing paper rock scissors......

Thank-you so much for a very enjoyable experience and I would not hesitate to go with Dressel Divers again....They are cheaper than the other dive centers too!

Edgar, Nebraska
9 attraction reviews
“Recent diving at Punta Cana”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

Very nice dive shop! Staff was willing to work with us when one of our divers took ill. Very helpful in arranging transportation to and from our resort. Guides were friendly and considerate. All in all a very good time!

3 attraction reviews
“Excellent Service!! I would dive with them again!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

-I just returned from a week long vacation at IBEROSTAR PUNTA CANA and I wanted to take a moment to write about my experiences with DRESSEL DIVERS BAVARO. I am a PADI OW Certified Diver and at the time of my vacation, I only had 4 dives under my belt. I have ALL POSITIVE THINGS TO SAY ABOUT DRESSEL DIVERS BAVARO!!!! I would dive with them again in a heart beat!
-When I arrived at the hotel, I checked in my room and went straight to the dive shop. It was easy to locate and right on the beach. I met with two of their representatives and they were very friendly and informative. They told me everything about the local conditions and the dive sites. I signed up to take the PADI ADVANCED OPEN WATER and was scheduled to dive the next day with Xavier, Charlie and Erika. I’ll admit I was a little nervous but Xavier made sure that I was prepared before we went down. We practiced making straight lines and squares on the beach and he assured me he would be right by my side. That was one thing I can not stop mentioning; there were always multiple instructors by my side. I always felt safe and secure.
We grabbed our gear and headed to the boat. The conditions were rougher than I was used to and it was an adventure getting to the dive site. The conditions were much better under the water than at the surface. It took a little adjusting but once you were able to figure out when to kick and when to let the current take you, it was a lot of fun. I completed the navigation dives with the instructors by my side and enjoyed the rest of the dive. We saw a lot of coral and a few species of fish. The water temperature was an awesome 79 degrees F.
-The rest of my dives were similar in that multiple instructors and dive masters were with me the entire time. We had one diver vomit under the water and the team was right there to make sure he was safe. They stayed with him the entire time to make sure he didn’t spit out his regulator and drown. It was comforting to see that they did not buckle under pressure and knew exactly what to do.
-The highlight of my trip was the excursion to Saona Island. Raffaele explained that the conditions were beautiful and the water would be super smooth. We met at the commercial center and our instructor David escorted us in an air conditioned bus to the IBEROSTAR HACIENDA DOMINICUS. We were in awe at how calm the water was on that side of the island. You can easily see 20-30ft to the sandy bottom and visibility was 100ft +. All of the dive sites were incredible. It was “divers day” so we did three dives and ate lunch on the boat. We saw all types of fish and the coral fields were beautiful. I saw my first puffer fish, trigger fish, spotted eels, Queen Angelfish, Barracudas, Giant Crab. Butterfly fish, Rock Beauty, trunk fish, Blue Tangs, wrasses, star fish and the list goes on and on. We stayed as a group and there was always someone both in front and behind us to make sure we were ok.
-I want to mention something important. At the end of one of the dives, I was trying to meet up with the rest of the group on the sandy bottom. I had some air in my BCD that I did not know about and had trouble staying down. My instructor David recognized my issue immediately and grabbed on to my arm. More divers came to my aid and put extra weigh in my pockets to keep me down. David and his crew reacted flawlessly under pressure and I can not thank them enough.
-I would recommend DRESSEL DIVERS to anyone who is interested in diving with a reputable company. I always felt safe and secure and that is important when you are 40 feet under the sea! Thank you to all who made my trip a memorable and hope to dive with you in the future! I passed my PADI ADVANCED OPEN WATER and am thankful to you for it!

~Mike P.

Saint Louis, Missouri
“Horrible People and Service!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

Gave my wife 10 minutes of instruction in a pool. She became very frightened and decided she did not want to scuba dive. They had already charged my CC for $500 for the training, certicfication, and open water dive. They refused to give us any of it back. They are currently fighting my credit card company to retain the money. I only disputed $400 because I figured the $100 would more than cover the 10 minutes of instruction and equipment usage. Apparently not. These are immoral, crooked, unscrupulous people. Not to mention our friend she was going with is already certified but somehow was charged the same amount as my wife!?!?!?!?! He didn't want to go by himself so he too tried to get his money back. Of course they gave him nothing as well. If you are going to Punta Cana and are thinking about getting scuba certified, DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT USE THE DIVE COMPANY AT IBEROSTAR BAVARO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Visited October 2012
Hoboken, New Jersey
“Excellent Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

Dressel Divers Bavaro is an excellent dive center. It was extremely easy to get everything prepaid before arriving and even easier to get all of our dives planned once we arrived. We made the Saona Island excursion twice, since the ocean was not cooperating in Bavaro. The Saona Island Excusion was the most fun we had, absolutely amazing. The dives were perfect and Saona Island is stunning. The staff at the Dive Center were very knowledgeable in helping us pick out our dives and the Divemasters were very professional. Utmost care was taken to ensure everyone's safety and all the staff on the dive boat were great to be around. I would highly recommend Dressel divers to anyone looking for some great dives and a fun time.

Visited November 2012