“Thank you Iberostar Grand!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Iberostar Grand Bavaro Hotel

Save Saved
You added Iberostar Grand Bavaro Hotel to your Saves list
Iberostar Grand Bavaro Hotel
5.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Carretera Arena Gorda | Playa Bavaro, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #1 of 100 hotels in Punta Cana
New York, New York, United States
“Thank you Iberostar Grand!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

The best hotel my wife and I ever stayed. I'm an Expedia elite member, I travel quiet a lot. I have been and see many different all inclusive resorts, many hotel venues with different style of services provided. I tell you, this hotel is just pure amazing! Thank you Iberostar Grand. Thank you Expedia for relocating me and sending me to this hotel per my wishes. I was checked in to a completely different hotel, within few hours we literally ran away from it. Thank god for Iberostar Grand. I don't need to name the hotel where we were relocated from because the negativity by end isn't important. What matters is that words simply cant describe how amazing this hotel is. The staff, the service, the grounds, the management, everything about this hotel is absolutely the best. I recommend this hotel to anyone who plans on going to punta cana. There is nothing else like it! I run a Global entertainment music/DJ company, and deal alot with destination weddings, and mostly young wedding couples. I have a huge following, and I can assure personally, that all my clientele, friends, family, colleges, will be notified of my experience. This is an ideal spot for a destination wedding, or a great romantic getaway with that special someone. You will be treated like royalty! Thank you Edward (Supervisor/Manager at Iberostar Grand). I have spoken to you on the phone, and gotten my wish. The entire team at IBEROSTAR Grand deserves nothing but high praises. Your main focus on customer satisfaction, especially with that personal exclusive touch can be felt the minute we stepped in the lobby. If anyone wants a resort, that will treat you on a personal exclusive level, this is it. I have stayed and worked in over 30 all inclusive resorts in the last couple of years, I know the difference, and I know whats expected. Simply put, anyone who sees this post, don't believe me, just go and experience it for yourself. I say this to everyone, this is the only way you will ever know the true difference, and what real excellence is all about!

P.S I hope this review, reaches out to all the staff members at the hotel. They all deserve a pat on the back. They should all be proud of the hard work, effort, heart, and dedication they put in their job.

From #7259 September 16 - 21, 2013 :)

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
IberostarHotelsRD, Quality Manager Iberostar República Dominicana at Iberostar Grand Bavaro Hotel, responded to this review, September 28, 2013
Dear guest,
In the name of the Hotel Manager, Mr. Stefano Baratelli, we thank you for choosing Iberostar Grand Hotel Bavaro as your holiday’s destination and for taking time to write some comments about your experience at our hotel.
We would like to express how happy we are to acknowledge your motivating review in which you highlighted out the excellent service provided by our friendly staff even before arriving to our lobby. In Iberostar our teams are committed to make feel our guests as “Stars” on vacation as Edward did.
We are looking forward to welcome you back soon. Please feel free to contact us before your next visit.

3,719 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (982)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Davenport, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

We stayed 5 days at the Grand and it was amazing. The staff were very helpful and the nicest anyone could ask for. There was not a moment when we needed a drink or something to eat that we couldn't be accommodated with. The food was pretty good for the lunch period. The best food was in the evenings. The surf & Turf was exceptional as was the Japanese restaurant. The grounds, the hotel, our room and even the beach is groomed to an immaculate condition. The sand on this beach is white and the softest we've ever experienced. We could not find our Latte or iced coffee drinks as we were accustomed to here at home but we managed just fine. I would recommend this resort highly to anyone looking for a place to relax and enjoy the best ocean, palm trees and service one could imagine.

Room Tip: our room was on the first floor overlooking the garden, it was perfect. I wouldn't spend the mo...
Dear guest,
Thank you for choosing Iberostar Grand Hotel Bavaro and for posting a review about your experience among us.
On behalf of Mr. Stefano Baratelli, hotel Manager, we would like to express you our satisfaction to acknowledge that the friendliness and excellent service of our staff and our exquisite cuisine made you enjoy from a relaxing holiday. In Iberostar one of our guiding principles is to provide the best service to our valuable costumers.
We will be glad to welcome you back and remain at your disposition for any assistance prior your return.
Indian Trail, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

After months of research and reading other reviews on TripAdvisor, I felt fairly confident in choosing the Iberostar Grand Bavaro for our first grown-ups only trip with my sister in law and her husband. We'd spent hours reading other traveler reviews and watching slideshows of pictures from other reviewers...we managed to get so excited we were worried that we would set our expectations too high and be disappointed. We should not have worried! The resort is everything it appears to be in pictures, and even better than the reviews prepared us to expect- from the moment we stepped off the shuttle van to the moment we had to leave, we were in paradise.

The property: the design of the property is imposing and regal, and the decor impressive. Low, comfortable couches scattered between tall columns; beautifully landscaped gardens with winding paths; gorgeous hallways with mirrors, artwork, sculpture and private conversation spaces....somehow, the resort manages to feel huge and intimate at the same time. The layout, with the rooms, restaurants and shops framing the central garden and pool area, makes the space feel cozy and private; yet at no time did we feel cramped or crowded. And it is all so very, very clean. Every morning the staff of the Iberostar is out mopping, sweeping, dusting - it felt immaculately clean and well-maintained. The bathrooms are all so beautifully appointed (each area has different themed bathrooms - it's worth it to try to see them all!) and clean....The pool area was large and laid out in such a way that all of the chairs and cabanas felt close to the water. The beach was pristine and the water as blue as the pictures make it appear. The beach staff keep the area clean and the palapas were spaced well apart for privacy. Everything about the look and feel of the resort was perfect....

The rooms: we were on the 4th floor in the center section, so we had incredible views of the garden, pool and ocean. We'd get up early each morning to sit on our balcony and feel the breeze roll in from the water and marvel at how beautiful everything looked! The bed was comfortable and large, the air conditioning was AMAZING, the bathroom was spacious and we had all of the amenities we needed. We didn't spend much time in the room, but we were very comfortable in it!

The food: better than most all-inclusives. The breakfast and lunch buffets were not exciting, but the food always appeared to be very fresh. The restaurants were VERY fun and very good. We ate at the hibachi on our first night and had a wonderful, silly time with our chef and tablemates. The food is standard for the chain Japanese steakhouses we have at home, tasty and in large quantities. We also ate at the Italian restaurant, which gets some less-than-stellar reviews here, but which we enjoyed immensely. The food was presented beautifully and was very good, in portions that were entirely more than we could eat. We really loved the surf and turf, which had an excellent variety of dishes and all cooked very well. We were a little disappointed that crab legs seemed to be still frozen instead of served hot, but as they were only an appetizer, we just skipped over them. The wine served with the meals is pretty middle of the road, but absolutely drinkable. The non-wine lovers in our party had cocktails instead. The bars serve snacks as well as drinks, and all of the drinks are poured pretty strong!! Room service was a little disappointing as all of the food was cold by the time it reached our rooms - if you choose to order room service, consider ordering already-cold items, like the fruit trays.

The people, the people, the people: The very best part about this resort is its staff, every single one of whom work hard to make our vacations wonderful. I never walked past anyone in Iberostar uniform who didn't make it a point to greet me and ask me how my trip was going. The lovely women who were cleaning (they are ALWAYS cleaning and keeping things beautiful) would pause to say hello, the gentlemen cleaning the flamingo pond would smile and wave- everyone at the resort makes it a point to be welcoming and friendly. We met some incredible people here. Lely, who was our favorite beach & pool bar server, had an amazing sense of humor; Leticia found us every single day to check in and make sure we were having as much fun as possible; Boom-Boom was an ever-present entertainment - his entire job seemed to be walking around checking in to see that you were doing something enjoyable....Maria helped us play silly games on her birthday...our wonderful butler, Kelvin, seemed to materialize every time we had questions or needed anything. Abdul, who worked in the bell service area, kept us entertained as he drove us around the adjoining resorts. Everyone in the resort worked HARD to keep us happy yet it never felt like an effort. It's hard to imagine people being that naturally happy all the time, but they really seemed to be happy to help. We were grateful for their presence.

We visited the neighboring Iberostar properties and a few of the others on the island, and I can tell you that the biggest difference was the people. It's amazing how much the atmosphere of a resort changes when the staff is happy. We saw a lot of unhappy travelers at the other resorts, and a lot of unhappy staff in them....we were SO eager to return to our haven at the Iberostar Grand!! We laughed so much on this trip, and smiled so much, because of the people around us. The staff is truly, truly the best part of the resort.

A word of advice: join in on the games and activities. Yes, they will make you look silly. And yes, chances are you'll be really bad at them. But you will have SO much fun! We took dancing lessons, "rode" the magic carpet and played the egg game and had a wonderful time doing it all.

Have an AMAZING trip! You will be so very glad you chose this resort!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dear guests,
On behalf of Mr. Stefano Baratelli, hotel Manager, we thank you for choosing Iberostar Grand Hotel Bavaro for your holidays and for publishing a review about your experience.
We are very pleased to acknowledge that you high expectations regarding our hotel premises, exquisite gastronomy and excellent service based on the reviews posted by other “Stars” were not only met but also ensured you a memorable experience. In Iberostar we want our guests to “enjoy being a Star” with the excellent service of our staff like Abdul, Kelvin, Lely and the Star Friends you mentioned in your publication. We extend our apologies for the breakdown in the Room Service food temperature. Your feedback has been sent to our Executive Chef.
We will be honored to welcome you back. Please feel free to contact us for further assistance prior your next visit.
With best regards,
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

I stayed here with my family in October 2012. The resort is mainly full of couples and honeymooners but I still managed to have a fantastic time with my family as there is plenty to do!

This resort is one of the best I have stayed in, they have every detail down to a t! The food is spectacular, the cocktails at the pool bar are delicious and the beach is absolutely stunning. I would absolutely 100% recommend this hotel as my memories from the Dominican Republic will never leave me.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear guest,
In the name of Mr. Stefano Baratelli, Hotel Manager, we want to thank you for taking time to write a review about your experience at Iberostar Grand Hotel Bavaro and for choosing our hotel for your holidays last year.
We want to express you how satisfied we are to read that your holidays one year ago was unforgettable due to the excellent service of our friendly staff. In Iberostar we aim to ensure memorable holidays to our valuable costumers.
We are waiting for your return. please feel free to contact us before your arrival.
Bella Vista, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

We spent several months trying to decide where we wanted to spend out 25th anniversary. Friends of ours were celebrating their 30th anniversary and we decided to go together. The cost was somewhat of a concern we were worried it would not be worth the extra amount. Spend the extra amount it was worth every penny! Customer service was over the top. We up graded to the ocean view, worth the money. They in the process of some upgrade in one wing, but it is totally blocked off. not an eye sore or a distraction. We never had a problem finding loungers at the pool or beach. Nothing ever seemed crowded. Food was good. Spend some time finding what you really like. Huge selection. We booked our dinning outside the buffet when we arrived. No problems. There were times we requested drinks to our room and it took too long. We began just running down to the closest bar. The rooms were made-up beautifully every day, with rose peddles. On our last evening we requested a romantic bath. The anticipation built all day and was not a disappointment. All couple should request this service. The casino at the other Iberostar property was a disappointment. We took a cab to the Hard Rock which had a nice casino, free drinks while you play. The Cab driver told us that the Iberostar Grand was recognized locally as the best resort in Punta Cana. This is the place to stay!

Room Tip: 4th floor overlooking the ship. No morning sun. Good view of the pool and ocean. Close to the dinnin...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
IberostarHotelsRD, Quality Manager Iberostar República Dominicana at Iberostar Grand Bavaro Hotel, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Dear guest,
In the name of Mr. Stefano Baratelli, hotel Manager, we thank you for choosing Iberostar Grand Hotel Bavaro to celebrate your anniversary and for posting a review about your experience on Tripadvisor.
We would like to express you how pleased we are to acknowledge that you enjoyed your stay during such as especial occasion due to our varied culinary options and the excellent service from our friendly staff. In Iberostar Hotels and Resorts we aim to ensure our valuable guests memorable holidays.
We are looking forward to welcome you back. Please feel free to contact us before your next visit.
Hopewell Junction, New York, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

My wife and I stayed 6 days for our 25th anniversary, have travelled to Punta Cana a total of 6 other times in the past, always staying at a different resort. This is the best in my opinion - excellent, friendly, polite service; very good quality and variety at the buffet; grounds are well-maintained and picturesque, beach is very nice plenty of shaded areas. Although our other trips to Punta Cana were enjoyable at nice resorts, the Iberostar Grand Hotel Bavaro is a notch above all of the others. This is the one we will return to.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Iberostar

Dear Guest,
We would like to thank you for choosing Iberostar Grand Hotel Collection for your anniversary and for the time you took to post a review about your experience at Iberostar Grand Hotel Bavaro.
In the name of Mr. Stefano Baratelli, hotel Manager, we want to express you how satisfied we are to read that our hotel premises, exquisite gastronomy and excellent service surpassed your expectations based on your five previous visits to other hotels in Punta Cana. In an Iberostar Hotel our teams are committed to offer unforgettable experiences to our beloved guests.
We will be honored to welcome you back again; please feel free to contact us before your next visit.
frisco, tx
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

I'm sure you have read how great this resort is and it is true. I'm not going to rewrite what the majority have already written but i am going to give you info on the little things you should know.
In some cases you have read that the resort at times needs some upgrades. This is true but just a little. This is still a beautiful resort, and unless the resort is brand new any resort will need an upgrade. Do not pay any attention to the negatives about the apearance of the resort. It is beautiful.
Beach - The sand is very soft and at times very pact and smooth. Even in the water. There are no rocks at all. The only dissapointment may be the water wasn't as clear as some of the other resorts we have stayed at. (6th time to D.R.)
Rooms- Very clean and comfortable. If the pillows are not to your liking you have a choice ( Down, Ergo, 6 total choices ) Room service 24 hrs and only 45min wait after ordering.
Service- Best we have come across in any resort. Jose our butler went beyond what was expected.
Food- Let's just say I had lobster every day for lunch and dinner. The food was great. Way better then any all inclusive.
TIPS YOU SHOULD KNOW.
If your air goes out, check your patio door. If it is not closed properly the air will not come on.
Shopping- Even though the shop at the resort is farely reasonable you can go on shopping spree that the resort supplies transportation to. San Juan shopping center. We were able to buy liquor and coffee cheaper then the shops on the beach.
Most of All - Please tip the staff. They will make your stay enjoyable even without tipping. Remember you are going to the best resort in Punta Cana and I,m sure it wasn't cheap. If you could afford the trip you could afford to tip for the great service you will receive.

Room Tip: Stay as long as you can - It is so worth it.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
IberostarHotelsRD, Quality Manager Iberostar República Dominicana at Iberostar Grand Bavaro Hotel, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Dear guest,
We thank you for choosing Iberostar Grand Hotel Bavaro and for posting a review about your experience among us on Tripadvisor.
In the name of the hotel Manager, Mr. Stefano Baratelli, we would like to express you how pleased you are to read that our hotel premises, exquisite gastronomy and the excellent service of our friendly staff (among them Jose your butler) met your expectations based on the reviews posted by other “Stars” on Tripadvisor and ensured you a pleasant stay as we aim in Iberostar.
We are looking forward to welcome you back and remain at your entire disposition for any request you might need before your return.
Best regards,

Been to Iberostar Grand Bavaro Hotel? Share your experiences!