“Amazing stay at the Grand” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Iberostar Grand Bavaro Hotel

Save Saved
You added Iberostar Grand Bavaro Hotel to your Saves list
Iberostar Grand Bavaro Hotel
5.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Carretera Arena Gorda | Playa Bavaro, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #1 of 100 hotels in Punta Cana
Plattsburgh, New York
“Amazing stay at the Grand”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I spent Christmas week at the Grand and it lived up to all of our expectations. We had a gorgeous room overlooking the boat and Calvin our butler attended to our every need. We had no problems making reservations at the restaurants for the nights we requested.

The food at Surf and Turf and the Italian restaurant was very good. I had a harder time at the buffet only because I am a picky eater. The food was plentiful and my husband had no complaints. A standout for us at the buffet was Ortiz our waiter. He was wonderful and he needs to be recognized for his service.

The beaches were gorgeous and the ocean was great to swim in. I loved that you could walk for miles with no issues on the beach. We would like to recognize Samuel our waiter at the beach. He was fun to talk to and worked so hard. All the waiters on the beach were outstanding. It was very warm and they all worked so hard pleasing everyone and keeping drinks in our hands.

The entertainment staff was a lot of fun. Happy Feet, Boom Boom, Roberto and Maria. They always had fun beach games and it was always a good laugh.

This was my first time to the Dominican and what impressed me the most was the spirit of the people who worked at this resort. They take great pride in their job and go above and beyond in pleasing you and making sure you have the best vacation possible. Always with a smile, a song and a dance.

The only thing I would like to see changed is their late checkout policy. Our ride was not picking us up until 1pm for the airport and checkout was at noon. We asked for a late checkout of 1pm and was told they charge $20 an hour for every hour after checkout time. For the amount of money I spent to stay here I thought that was a bit cheesey to do.

Other than that one issue, it was a wonderful stay and I would definitely come back!

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

3,719 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (982)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
MANCHESTER
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

We are today 31st December just packing to travel home arrived 17th December and have enjoyed 14 nights of extreme bliss !!!
I could write a long and detailed report but its all been said before just how good the Iberostar Grand is and it is Very Very Good.
We are extensive travellers having traveled the world on business and pleasure and can report that you get a great deal for what you pay to come here.
Checking in no problem and very fast we were met with cold towel and chilled Cava.
We had booked a swim up room which was very nice but they do have no real view and overlook the next hotel which can be noisy with hotel staff shouting to each other as they perform their duties.
The Iberostar Grand as its name implies is a Grand Property and thanks must go out to the Gardners for the Very hard work they do in maintaining the gardens to such a very high level your work and efforts do not go unnoticed Thank You !!
The Cleaning Staff do a fantastic Job and the hotel is again Spotless thanks to their efforts again a big thank you to all cleaning Staff ,
The pools are spotless and your never short of a cold drink as waiters are on constant patrol to keep your glass topped up if you require.
The Beach is just fantastic clean with great warm water just great to cool down.
So all in if your looking to book this Hotel for your vacation I would say just Do it You will not be Disapointed and if you have already booked then your in for a treat.
Again thanks to all the Iberostars WONDERFUL STAFF you do a great job and are what makes this hotel Special many thanks to Victor our butler who dose a great job and many thanks to Boom Boom what a Guy you should be paid double as you would be Very hard to be replaced and our last but not least thank you to Magarita what a lady always willing to go the extra mile to make your vacation !!!
Thank you all for making our holiday so good.
WILL WE BE BACK ? YOU BET !! See you soon Guy,s

Room Tip: Book a high floor Sea View Room
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Brussels, Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

The hotel is really good. Adults only. Contrary to expectations, the animation programme is full, fun, the team is great. For this class of hotel there are some improvements on service, which can be done, but there is no limit to improvement, right?
Food in restaurants is very good. We had lobsters for lunch, tea, dinner and desert ;). Staff is very attentive and ready to fulfill your craziest wishes.
However the 24-hour room service is limited in selection. So if you are hungry at night, you might need to wait till morning if you are not ready to eat anything available: we were told that they can't find a hamburger while normally there are tons of frozen hamburgers in the hotel...
Spa and fitness are very good. I'd suggest to have wider opening hours, 7am-8pm too limiting, though would accommodate the majority.
If you are interested in diving, this is not the hotel to choose: diving station is 2 hotels away and customer care is not good there - but this is a topic for a different review.
Well, you'd surely enjoy your stay if you can afford the price. It's a bit overrated - but probably it's because we booked from Europe. Might be better deals from US.

• Stayed December 2012
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

I was doubtful when my parents requested we return to IGB for Christmas 2012 (based on my previous review). However, the resort layout is perfect for them - including the pool being easily accessible for my mother (visually impaired).

We arrived at the hotel just after 1pm and were again greeted with a Pina Colada and a glass of sparkling wine (by Maria - who remembered my mother from last year). Check in went smoothly - at which time we knew to also reserve our seating for the Christmas Gala. We were then taken to our rooms and waiting was our butler Oscar - to greet us. We requested he have the newspaper delivered to the room daily - and it was the entire stay.

Rooms: Again exactly like the pictures. This time we had 2 adjoining rooms - one with a king and the other with 2 doubles. The set up was ideal...Each room had plenty of privacy from one another - yet we were able to help out with my mother (if she needed anything we were easily there for her).  Location was great - courtyard facing, across from the ship, ground floor, with easy access for her to the pool and buffet (breakfast and dinner).

Beach: Beautiful and water was much calmer from the previous year.  Again no real issue with seaweed.  What I like best about the IGB beach - comfortable chairs, never any over crowding and consistent beach service (there were 3 waiters out from 9:30 am each day).

Food: Overall good...They had steak and whole lobsters being grilled at the buffets for both lunch and dinner. Found the dinner buffet was a little repetitive (ex. turkey was the evening "roast" for 2 out of 7 nights vs. the year before where we found there was more variety). However, there are other dining options. Just a reminder to ask for the wine list - even at the buffets.

Service: All staff members are very attentive overall. However, key personal who stood out this trip (we viewed as consistent amongst all guests) were: Altagracia - with her warm welcoming smile, who is dedicated to ensuring every guest is satisfied; Kennedy (breakfast buffet and Japanese) is such a kind man and gracious with all; and my sweet friend at the dessert station - who takes such pride with the creativity of his plating - for each and every guest.

A big thank you to both the outside staff at the breakfast and dinner buffet and the pool staff (Maria, Rosie and Nicole) for your thoughtfulness and understanding (especially with my mother).....Greatly Appreciated!

Improvements I found this visit:
~ Butlers were visible and accessible at all times - breakfast buffet, down by the pool, etc. Even if they were not assigned to your room - I noticed they were willing to help with all guests.
~ The golf cart was made available within the IGB resort for someone with accessibility issues. Something not permitted last visit - when I needed them to make an exception.

This visit to IGB proved to be enjoyable for each of us....Based on the layout of the resort, the great weather for this time of year,  the staff, and the festivities (Santa and his helpers showed up again this year) - there is a good chance we'll return for Xmas 2013.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

Amazing trip, the Star Friends made this trip a blast! We had 2 days of rain and all the activities and games made those days still enjoyable. Christmas Eve festivities in the lobby were also great. Overall vacation was phenomenal.

• Stayed December 2012
Houston, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

I am officially spoiled after spending Christmas week at the GRAND!!! This resort is a true gem---whatever you like, you may have it here! I surely got my money's worth; will return. The property is stellar; however, it's the staff and service that makes it a 5-star. I have been numerous places in/out of the U.S.A. and this resort is now my favorite! "Mendy" was our awesome butler and truly attended to all of our needs....we appreciated him! The food was good; modern gym overlooking the ocean; gorgeous palm trees; quiet property; wondeous, large balcony. *Safe for solo female travelers*. A big thank you to the management....cream always rises to the top!!!!

Room Tip: Get room facing the inner section of the hotel.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Vero Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

The beach was beautiful. The food was delicious and there were many different cuisines/variety to choose from. Courtious and friendly staff. Great service. I would go back and bring morefamily members as it was a wonderful vacation.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Iberostar Grand Bavaro Hotel? Share your experiences!