“best vacation ever” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Iberostar Grand Bavaro Hotel

Save Saved
You added Iberostar Grand Bavaro Hotel to your Saves list
Iberostar Grand Bavaro Hotel
5.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Carretera Arena Gorda | Playa Bavaro, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #1 of 100 hotels in Punta Cana
Pillar Point, New York, United States
“best vacation ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

My wife and i just returned from a week long vacation at the Grand and it was the best vacation ever..From the butler service to to the food it was 5 star. Our bulters Jason and Mandy make us feel right at home from the first day to the last. Anything we ordered we got and it was done in a timely manner. Thanks guys for taking such great care of us it made all the difference from having a so so vacation a great one. The star friend were great Maria you were the best and BOM BOM in the house your a blast. Maria our drink server you are a sweet heart every day at the pool was great. The hole week was a blast. I can't say a bad word about anything and can't wait to return next year....Thanks for everything Iberostar. Michael and Jean Prevost

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
IberostarHotelsRD, Quality Manager Iberostar República Dominicana at Iberostar Grand Bavaro Hotel, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Dear guest,
In the name of the Hotel Manager, we want to thank you for taking time to write a review about your stay at the Iberostar Grand Hotel Bavaro and for choosing our hotel as your holiday destination.
We want to express you how satisfied we are to read that you had experienced “the best vacation ever” according to the title of the review. We thank you for highlighting out the friendliness of our staff members. In Iberostar we aim to ensure to our guests to “enjoy being a Star” during their vacations. Both Marias, Ayendi (Boom Boom ), Arismendy and Jason are motivated for your lines refreing their extraordinary work.
We look forward to welcoming you once again and feel free to contact us to help you enjoy your next stay with us.
Yours Sincerely,

3,724 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (985)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

My wife and I recently stayed at this resort with 2 other couples. We had a great time and would recommend this location to others. The location is very beautiful and we were treated great by the staff (all very friendly). I will try to break this down to give a better idea of the resort:

Room - We had upgraded to an Ocean View Room. It was very nice, although I believe all of the room at the resort would be nice. The service staff was very nice. Each night the cleaning staff left a very nice art design made up out of the towels and flowers. The butler service was nice (quickly went to get ice for my wife when she was spotted walking down the hallway with the ice bucket). We did not get to take advantage of the jacuzzi service but was told by a guest that it was very nice and romantic (the butler service would prepare a private jacuzzi bath including the use of flower petals along with a bottle of Champagne). The bed was comfortable and over-all the room was nice.

Food - If an area for improvement for the resort, it would be in this area. The food was good but would not classify it as great. It was also somewhat frustrating the process for making reservations at the restraunts. We were always told they were no (or very limited) reservations available, but each night the restaurants were normally empty. A few times we might have had a language barrier when ordering but that is just as much our fault since we did not speak Spanish. Overall, the servers\waiters were very nice. I just don't want to imply that the food was 5-star gourmet but it was okay (I would not let this stop me from visiting the resort again).

Pools\Beach: Very beautiful and clean. The grounds workers kept the area very clean and looking very nice. We were told they were close to capacity during our stay but we never felt crowded (maybe difficult to get a covered cabanna at the pool but not impossible). Beach was very nice with great sand (no need for beach shoes).

Nightly entertainment: The resort is an adult only resort but is more geared this way for peace and quiet (no kids running or causing additional noise). The nights were mostly quiet. We made two of the shows at night and they were nice but I was normally very tired and so not a good judge of their entertainment value.

Drinks\Bars: All very nice and again the servers were great (friendly). A possible downside was that they were out of Crown Royal and Jack Daniels - my choice of liquors.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Iberostar

IberostarHotelsRD, Quality Manager Iberostar República Dominicana at Iberostar Grand Bavaro Hotel, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Dear guest,
We would like to thank you for having chosen Iberostar Grand Hotel Bavaro as the destination for your holidays and for taking the time to share your impressions with us and with the online community.
On the behalf of the hotel staff, we would like to express you how pleased we are to acknowledge that you, your wife and your friends enjoyed an unforgettable experience due to the friendliness of our staff members. Our main goal in Iberostar is turning your vacations into a memorable holiday, so you can “enjoy being a Star”.
On the other hand, we apologize for the inconveniences regarding our a la carte restaurant reservation system. We aim to deliver the best gastronomical experience with no rush or hurry through four different sittings. Booking every table in the 4 sittings leads guests to wait for completion of previous guests enjoy their evening, as a result it will cause a whole delay and affect many guests. We appreciate your comprehension since the most popular sitting time among our guests are 19 and 20 hours and it is impossible for everyone to dine at this time interval. We do our best to please all reservation request and we work hard to offer the best dining experience to our beloved “stars” on vacation.
We are looking forward to welcome you back. Please feel free to contact us before your next vacations among us.
With regards,
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Judging by the comments from other travelers we talked to in the airport and on the plane ride back to the states, Iberostar Grand Hotel is definitely the best all inclusive resort in the Dominican. Overall we did not leave disappointed, However there were several things that had my wife and I questioning whether or not we would return. In this review I will highlight some of the things that made our stay a little less enjoyable than it could have been.

1. (BUTLERS) When we arrived we were greeted by our butler "Enrique," who showed us our room and then proceeded to tell us not to hesitate to ask him for anything we need and that it was his job to help us and make our stay as enjoyable as possible. As it turned out he was not our Butler and was never to been seen again even at our request. Word of advice, DO NOT TIP THE FIRST BUTLER!!! Wait and find out who your butler really is and tip him well. Everyone in the Dominican is very aggressive and will push you to give them tips even if it means cannibalizing services.

2. (ROOM SERVICE) On the first night we ordered room service and requested a bottle of champagne and a chocolate tart desert (pre-made). After 1 hour and 3 phone calls we finally received room service. The next day we complained and they said that it was because of the time we ordered it. ( 9 pm lol and room service is 24hrs). On the second day we requested bottles of water and got it 8 hours later. On the third day after our room safe broke twice we asked for management and a butler put in an email request about all of the troubles we were having and the remaining 3 days our service was impeccable.

3. (Casino) There is no casino on site at the Grand Hotel but they do have a small one on the property that is available to you as an Iberostar customer. DO NOT GAMBLE HERE!!!! We had been told by an Apple vacations rep that the roulette wheel is rigged and that they will take you for every dime that you have. We decided to see for ourselves and it was like something from Vegas Vacation. The best thing i can say about the Casino is that it was extremely dirty and shady. No one spoke a word of English and at no time did we feel safe.

4. (Language Barriers) We were very surprised to find that no one at Iberostar Grand spoke fluent English as this the top Resort in the Dominican. We both speak very little Spanish as did most of the other guests we encountered. At first it was kind of neat to immerse yourself in another culture and to practice speaking another language but by the time our trip was over we found it to be very frustrating and I think that communication problems caused a lot of our problems at Iberostar.

Even with all of the negative things I listed we still had a fantastic time. The grounds were beautifully maintained and the pools and beaches were better than another others that we saw.
These are just a few things that I thought I would share to help future Iberostar guests to be better prepared and have a great time.

Dear guests,
We would like to thank you for having chosen Iberostar Grand Hotel Bavaro as your destination for your holidays and for writing a review about your experience among us at Tripadvisor.
We appreciate your positive valuation about the beauty, maintenance and cleanness of our premises. In Iberostar one of our guiding principles is to upkeep our grounds.
In Iberostar we want our beloved guests to “enjoy being a Star”. For this reason in our Grand Hotel Collection we offer this especial and personalized Butler service so we can be sure that all requests and needs from our customers are pleased. We are sorry to hear that you experience the opposite with your personal Butler. We extend our apologies for the impression you might have gotten regarding tipping. We remind you though that tipping is always optional and completely your choice. We will be addressing this situation to ensure that our guests at no time feel pressured to tip.
Likewise, we apologize for the breakdown of the 24 hours Room Service. I have forwarded your concerns to all those concerning departments to take measures to avoid future incidences and ensure the best experience to our beloved guests during their vacations.
We will be honored to welcome you back again and show you our improvements; please contact us as soon as you book your next visit.
With kindest regards,
Frisco, Texas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

This was my first stay at an AI. Well it was my first trip outside the US. I have no other properties to compare it to. So, this is my take on what I experienced.
On arrival at the property we were greeted with smile and a cold towel. At the check in desk we were greeted with glasses of champaign and other beverages. We were taken to our room where we met our butler who showed us around our room and gave us instructions on how everything worked. We talked about reservations and activities around the resort. Very helpful!!!.

Butlers..... I don't feel that people give them enough praise in these reviews. My wife and I found that you are only limited to what you can get by not asking. On arrival we were introduced to Oscar. Oscar was very helpfull in getting out reservations taken care of. On day two we were introduced to Justo. He was our butler for the rest of our stay. Checked in with us mid morning and mid evening. Call for something and he was there very promptly with a smile. Gave us tips on making free phone calls home, using the wi-fi system there at the resort.
Just a side note. I made my wife an anklet, out of hemp string, the first week we were together. Each time it breaks I make a new one. We had to break it off to swim with the dolphins as it has a diamond that could scratch there skin. I told Justo about this and ask if he knew where I could get some string/line to make her a new one. He went in to the city and found some string so that I could make a new one. Thanks Justo for making my stay one to remember. If you go to the Iberostar Grand request Justo to be your butler, you won't be disappointed.

Food..... We had reservations to all four of the restaurants but only made it to two of them due to getting back late from excursions. The surf-n-turf was pretty good. A hotter grill or flame grill would have made a difference to the over all flavor of the meat and lobster. The Gourmet restaurant was really good. I had the lamb chops and I actually chewed on the bones because they were so good. The buffet was pretty good. I didn't eat anything that was not cooked as this was my first time out of the US and didn't want to get sick. I did some research and the consensus was don't eat the produce unless it was cooked. I enjoyed everything that was prepared for me. Yes I said prepared for me on the buffet. As I said earlier....you are only limited to what you can get by not asking!! Oh one dish that was really memorable was grilled perch with a passion fruit reduction sauce at lunch one day. WOW!!! Some of the offerings didn't look appetizing and some didn't please my pallet. When you are feeding that many people, getting it right every time is right near impossible. Again ask one of the chefs and they will cook it for you.

Room..... WOW is a good word to start with. Not big, not small, but cozy enough for two. The bed was comfortable. Linens were soft and inviting. We had a swim out room which was great. We didn't have to get up at the crack of dawn to reserve a pool side chair or cabana. Sleep in as late as we wanted. Go get breakfast and take a stroll on the beach then relax next to OUR own little pool and soak up some sun.

The staff...... They were all nice and helpful. The bar staff were all really good. They would make you anything you wanted. Their list of drinks may have been small but will make you anything you wanted. Tell them what is in it and wow you have what you ask for. Thanks to Bruno, Leidy, and Aldeberto for taking care of our libation needs!!! If I could remember all the names of the staff members that took care of us I would mention them also.

Just to let you know.. if you read the negative reviews, someone mentions that only the pool bar is open all day.....Its BS..... Bruno will make you a really good Bloody Marry at 0900 if you want and will take care of you all day.

Thanks to all the Star members for entertaining us on the beach and in the theater. Especially Ricardo, who was there every evening to make you feel welcomed. When the room got a little dull he started people dancing.

I really had a great trip at the Iberostar Grand. There were more positives than negatives so I would recommend it to other people. Remember you are only limited by not asking. Treat the staff like people and not like servants and you will have the time of your life.

Room Tip: Getting a swim out room allows you to sleep in and have your own pool and you don't have to rese...
Dear guests,
In the name of the Hotel team, we thank you for choosing Iberostar Grand Hotel Bavaro as your first all-inclusive experience and for taking the time to post a review about your stay among us.
We would like to express how honored we are to read that you had an excellent experience in our hotel premises and facilities especially when it was your first experience in an all-inclusive resort. You motivating words referring the service provided by our friendly staff and our varied gastronomy motivate us to keep doing an excellent work as we are committed in Iberostar through our guiding principles. We have shared them with the whole team, especially with those whose names you pointed out, e.g. Ricardo, Bruno, Leidy, and Adalberto, and your butlers Justo and Oscar.
We are looking forward to welcome you back, please contact us before your arrival.
Best regards,
Collingwood, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

If a beautiful room, exceptional customer service and attention to details are important to you then this is your vacation spot. This resort is simply fantastic! At every turn there is friendly staff willing to help you out. The food, including the presentation, is incredible. From the turn down service to the pool bartenders it all makes for an unbelievable vacation getaway. The evening shows are just ok and booking of a tee off time at the golf course was a challenge. That said, I would still go back to this place and I feel that if anyone who does not find this place a little piece of paradise is likely insane! and will never be happy. Go book your vacation….thank me later!

Room Tip: The shows are only good, Alot of effort goes into the shows and thats clear but, they are mostly the...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
IberostarHotelsRD, Quality Manager Iberostar República Dominicana at Iberostar Grand Bavaro Hotel, responded to this review, November 17, 2012
Dear guest TomB,
We would like to thank you for having chosen Iberostar Grand Hotel Bavaro for your vacations and for taking the time to post a review about your stay
In the name of Hotel Manager and the whole team, we would like to express how pleased we are to read that you enjoyed for a wonderful time at our beautiful hotel premises due to the friendliness of our staff members. In Iberostar we want our beloved guests to “enjoy being a Star”. We are happy to read that you felt so.
We hope to welcome you back again, please contact us before your arrival.
With best regards,
Portland, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

I have never written a review after vacationing, but after choosing the Iberostar Grand Bavaro based on Trip Advisor reviews, I feel obligated. My wife and I visited the resort for our anniversary (we were unable to go on a honeymoon). I cannot say enough good things! We felt that since our lives are so hectic, our priority was to get some much needed relaxation at an all-inclusive resort. Mission accomplished! Due to the fact the resort is adults only, we were able to spend countless hours poolside with next to no commotion; reading, snoozing, socializing, etc. All of the other couples we met were very friendly. The accommodations were excellent. We had a junior suite and it was very good size. We had butler service and they were very helpful. They got to know what we liked and made sure our fridge and mini bar were always stocked with our preferences. They also got us reservations to the restaurants the day we arrived. The food at the restaurants and the buffets exceeded our expectations. We could have spent 3 weeks at the resort and not been able to try all the food options offered. The service provided by Anel at the breakfast and dinner buffets was so personal that we made sure we sat where we could be served by him throughout our stay. At the pool, the service provided by Rosie was excellent. She is so kind and attentive. I could go on and on but will just summarize by saying I would recommend this vacation to anyone! We will always look for the Iberostar Grand resorts when travelling in the future and absolutely stay at the Iberostar Grand Bavaro if we ever return to Punta Cana.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,
On the behalf of the Hotel Manager and his team, we would like to thank you for choosing Iberostar Grand Hotel Bavaro to celebrate your anniversary and for having taken time to post a review about your stay.
We are very pleased to read that your anniversary and holidays were “unforgettable” according to the title of your publication. That is what we aim in Iberostar Hotels and Resorts. Anel and Rossy, as well as the butler team are motivated by your lines about their remarkable service.
We are looking forward to see you again, we stay at your entire disposition for any request you may have before your next visit,
Kindest regards,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

My husband and I had an amazing 6 day vacation. The resort is clean and elegant, and the staff was pleasant. As you walk the beach and see of of the other resorts you will be extremely pleased with your choice to stay here. Reservations for the restaurants are needed and the butlers made reservations for us when we arrived. We ate in the Japanese restaurant on night two, but decided that we did not want to plan our day around a pre made dinner reservation. We ate in the buffet for the next three nights and were more than pleased. We dined on grilled lobster and steak, freshly prepared. There are pool side cabanas and chairs, we learned on our second day that you must go down to the pool early (8:00-8:30) so that you can lay a towel out on a cabana or chair. I was extremely disappointed in the lack of wifi poolside. We really enjoyed the cigar bar (Gerald and Nicole) we great. Gorge our server in the buffet went out of his way for my special request. We had fantastic couples massages that were reasonably priced. We will return to this resort, no questions asked, it was worth every penny.

Room Tip: We did not have a from with a pool or beach view, we were still pleased with our room.
Dear guest,
We would like to thank you for taking time to write some comments about your experience at Iberostar Grand Hotel Bavaro and for choosing our premises for your holidays.
We are very satisfied to read that you enjoyed such as special stay in our hotel premises and facilities due to the friendliness of our team, the wide variety of our gastronomy and our beautiful grounds. Those are aspects of our guiding principles in Iberostar to ensure memorable vacations to our beloved “stars”.
We remain at your disposition for futher assistance before your next visit.
Kind regards,

Been to Iberostar Grand Bavaro Hotel? Share your experiences!