You added Luxury Bahia Principe Ambar Don Pablo Collection to your Saves list
Luxury Bahia Principe Ambar Don Pablo Collection
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Crta. Arena Gorda - Macao, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic   |
Hotel virtual tour
Special Offer
Special Summer Sales
Ranked #14 of 99 Hotels in Punta Cana
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Ottawa
“Nice place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

We were there Nov 8-15. Buffet food good. A LA carte's not so good other than Don Pablo's which was excellent. We stayed in room 65108. Room was clean and up to standards. Only thing wrong the maid wouldn't leave facecloths for some reason. We had to keep requesting them. Lol. Beach and pool were great. The pool bartenders could learn something from the hardworking beach servers. The pool boys like to ignore you even when u show a tip is coming. I would return to this resort. The positives dar outweigh the negatives at this resort. Oh BTW I hate the towel game ppl play so if u found your chair was gone because u were not there for four hours blame me.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Customer Servic... B, Customer Service at Luxury Bahia Principe Ambar Don Pablo Collection, responded to this review, November 16, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay at our hotel. We sincerely appreciate all feedback.

Please be assured that we have analyzed each point you have mentioned on your recent review.

Looking forward to seeing you soon in this tropical paradise!

Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts, your best hotel in Punta Cana!

Best Regards,

Bahia Principe Bavaro Resort

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,637)
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Vancouver Island, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

If this review is helpful to you, please vote it as such. Many of us tripadvisor regulars spend a lot of time writing reviews to help others get the best out of their vacations !
First I have to vent my gripe .... just got back from 2 weeks at the Ambar. This was an important Anniversary celebration so I contacted the Ambar in advance. Being this is not my first booking at Bahia resorts I know they usually are VERY good at accommodating room requests and for returning guests celebrating a special event they often give us an upgrade ... sad to say not this resort !
I requested a top floor with an ocean view, preferable a corner unit in building 60. When I got there I queried the front desk about the room, she stated and I quote " in this complex we do not have any ocean view rooms" this was totally not true ! and I hate being lied too ! So we did not get a 3rd floor corner, did not get a 3rd floor, nor a second, nor a view but in all honesty the worst location considering our request that I have ever received. We got a 1st floor, which I have never had before ! no view and in building 64. A good building for location close to the pool but everyone coming or going to the pool uses this as a walkway as the pool exit comes to the start of the hall so everyone going to the 2 buildings behind it use it as a walkway. The room walls are quiet but the doors are not and you constantly and through the late hours here people taking etc. I am a very light sleeper and this was a disaster .... NOT HAPPY AT ALL WITH THIS CUSTOMER SERVICE AND LACK OF APPRECIATION, this was the second vacation I have purchased this year at a Bahia resort, expected much better service and got it last time.
So vent over .. sorry :-) so it seems most flights get to this resort early ... your room will not be ready until 3:30 so a tip ... prepare ! put some shorts or better yet bathers in your carry on and take advantage of this. People complain but this is day one of your vacation so make the best of it ... you can walk to the pool, get towels, go to the beach, relax and enjoy, don't wait in the lobby or go eat .... this is day one so be prepared .. better then getting in at 11 PM and that is day and night one, because they all count !
Oh before you do that .. go to customer service and make your dinner reservations ! this is a good resort in that you get 1 for every day there if you want it. We were very pleased with the buffet at this hotel, much much better then the Bavaro up the way, and the Ala carts are also good. No complaints here ! hey and how do you complain about a buffet where you are greeted by Yuan # one at the mimosa station and given Champagne and orange juice every morning :-) We have traveled all over and there is nothing wrong with this food ! some complain after 2 weeks it gets boring at a buffet but OMG what do you eat at home every day in 2 weeks, probably the same thing then you complain ? no complaints with any of the food here ! all restaurants were good, some very very good ! none bad in our books except Bavaro buffet but you don't need to go there ! it wasn't bad just not near as good as the one you will have.
Speaking of the Bavaro, Ambar is the smaller resort, adults only, be happy :-) Most of the activities are at the Bavaro so familiarize yourself with its location. Some complain it is far, oh my, with the food you need the exercise, out the lobby, turn right, walk 3 - 5 minutes and you are there, if you don't want to walk they will give you a ride on a cart but I suggest the walk. At the Bavaro there are all the shops and the area with the large out door entertainment, the area is surrounded by shops, there are vendors with booths inside, there is a piano or more like a sports bar, yes all included, and the casino if that is your thing. There also have more venders on Wed. and Friday nights .. but speaking of vendors !
Our favorite are always the beach vendors, these guys here are the lease infringing we have ever seen, in fact my wife got upset they would walk by you sometimes and all but ignore you, we like to shop and love to speak some Spanish to and get to know the vendors ... they also have the best prices but you have to bargain with them ... example, we bought several paintings on canvas, they started at over $100 and we paid about $25- $35. We also bought several wood carvings, very very nice, one large one the guy wanted $120.00 for, I traded him my Coleman watch,. $25 value and about 25 cash. We were lucky it just fit in our luggage .. phew
So speaking of vendors, the ones at the Bavaro are a bit more aggressive but nice, and you can also walk down the beach to the markets but they again are a bit more aggressive, but nice, they just all want to get you into their shops to look but are always pleasant, sometimes you just have to say, no gracious and walk on as many have the same product. We did get a great deal on coffee here but for the most I would totally recommend the beach vendors.
Room service ... our lady was GREAT ! wish I had her name ! we tipped her and bright gifts which we gave to her and other staff we appreciated ! the room was very nice, modern clean, large bathroom with jet tub and walk in shower, king bed which was very comfortable, the mini fridge was stocked well ! not only with beer and several types of soft drinks but also with 2 - 3 small bottles of liquor, usually vodka, scotch and rum, a pleasant treat !
Yes this place has bar service on the beach, and our favorite for the beach and pool was our friend "Confessor" I know an interesting name but this guy was friendly, great ! always happy and pleasant, loved to joke around, one day he walked past us on the beach with our mugs of drinks, smiling and waving back saying hi ... being a jokester which we appreciated, when he came we all laughed, I got him back, I got my drink and looked at my wife and said, Gracious and handed her his tip, he laughed his head off ... just a great and fantastic person as the Dominican people are !!! we love them !!! Most of the hotel staff were also great .. going beyond what one would expect to be nice, friendly and appreciate you coming to their country.
One last mention, we travel twice a year so have done most excursions, if you are not into swinging through trees etc. and want to find out more about the Dominican people, country, origin, villages and schools, check out the “Outback Safari” we had Angel for a guide, he was GREAT ! yes drinks are included, a VERY good lunch and BBQ was provided, he gave us some incredible facts about the country and people and we visited village schools that they help to sponsor kids to attend. To us a very informative and GREAT tour to take ! check it out.
So the resort at least did put an Anniversary banner on our door and give us a bowl of fruit and a very small bottle of local rum, tip to the resort, a bottle of bubble or wine is much more conducive to a Wedding, Honeymoon or Anniversary. The other major problem here is people putting towels on beach and pool chairs and cabana's to save them. They do not control the towels here even though they say you can only have 2, the towel guys will give you more. We went to the beach at daybreak and often just got a cabana on the beach. We would put all out stuff out and then go for a jog or long swim which should be okay ... but ... We saw some that left towels on the chairs all night and then came at 9 AM after a sleep in and breakfast to get their chairs, they had 7 towels. Now don't worry you will always get a cabana on the sand because the beach is about 150 ft deep although you may not be able to see the water. Some actually prefer this as it is more spaced out and quiet but management needs to control this ! OH last one ... our Air Canada Vacations lady ... she was the BEST ! dedicated, honest, lovely. We had our credit card suspended cause charges showed up out of country. Deborah let us use her cell phone to call the international number as I couldn’t do it from the hotel without paying big bucks. She wasn’t there ot make a buck off you, genuine about the tours and being there for you ! undoubtedly the best airlines rep I have ever had and we travel at least twice per year. Thanks Deborah.. you rock !!! So ..... despite my being very upset about the room I do and have already recommended this resort and if I received a better room may even stay here again ! Best of fortune and happy holidays to all ! make the best of every vacation and instead of looking for the worst, look for the best and guess what ... you will see what you are looking for. Look at this as a third world country, not yours and look at their houses and then appreciate yours.

Room Tip: building 60 or 64 close to beach but seriously all buildings are close, only a few minutes to walk g...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Customer Servic... B, Customer Service at Luxury Bahia Principe Ambar Don Pablo Collection, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor and for highlighting our friendly staff and our good gastronomic offer.

We sincerely regret that our overall image may have been tarnished as well as not being able to fulfill your expectations this time but please allow us to inform that room’s petitions are subject to availability on day of arrival and may not adjust to your exact request. We do not confirm request.

Your suggestions have been taken in the highest consideration and have been forwarded to the General Manager of our Resort.

It has been a pleasure serving you and we would love to cater to you once again!

Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts, your best hotel in Punta Cana.

Best Regards,

London, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013 via mobile

Near perfect vacation. Fantastic place to spend a week with my sweetie unwinding and being pampered. Fab beach, lots of loungers, lovely water, great food, great drinks, great staff and comfortable surroundings. Need I say more? Jed

• Stayed November 2013
Dear Guest,

It is fantastic to know that everything was excellent and that we fulfilled your expectations!
We thank you for choosing Luxury Bahia Principe Ambar Don Pablo Collection as your perfect holiday destination.

We look forward to you returning in the near future!

All-inclusive luxury hotels in the Dominican Republic with Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts.

All the best,

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

Went for my honeymoon and birthday combined in one trip and it was great! When you first check in, you are assigned a personal butler and ours name was YEYSON ROSSO and he was awesome!! He made reservations for a different restaurant each night of our stay and on my birthday, he surprised me with a cake, champagne, AND balloons all over my room!!How cool is that!! They also have employees there that their only job is to entertain the guests! Our favourites were Junior and Juckson!! They were a blast!
The only thing I think the hotel should do better is that they need to update their rooms..,the room n shower area had a musky smell ... new tile in bathrooms n ventilation will help... the grounds, nonetheless are beautiful!!

• Stayed November 2013
Customer Servic... B, Customer Service at Luxury Bahia Principe Ambar Don Pablo Collection, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Dear Guest,

Please allow us to share our gladness to learn that you had the best butler service with Yeyson, who helped you, he will be pleased with your acknowledgements.

We are already looking forward to have you with us again in Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts, all-inclusive hotels in the Dominican Republic.

Kindest regards,

texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

This is a great vacation spot. There was a large variety of food. I really appreciated how the staff was constantly refreshing the food, instead of just putting out large quantities at one time. It kept the food hot and appealing. The drinks were top notch and I was pleasantly surprised with the variety of mixed drinks that were available.

The beach is beautiful! I really wish there was more control over people setting their towels or other personal belongings to reserve beach chairs. I observed that some chairs were not occupied for hours, but were not available to others. I think the hotel should monitor these type of activities.

One comment on the Spa. I felt rushed from the moment that I entered. The massage felt very "mechanical", and routine. After the massage, I was led to the relaxation room, which really was just a water bed, a few loungers and a whirl pool. I had to ask for a glass of tea. After about ten minutes, the masseuse approached me and asked whether I was ready to leave. I told her no, and she said, OK -- ten more minutes. I thought this was strange, but in about ten minutes she reappeared and asked me to follow her, and led me to the locker room for me to get dressed. There were no other clients in the lounge area so I am not sure why I could not stay and relax longer. If you are accustomed to world class spas, you may want to skip this one.

Overall, it is a great resort. I will not return because I prefer a oceanfront room and this resort does not have any. Otherwise, it is a wonderful vacation spot.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

It is great to know that you had a nice vacation staying at Luxury Bahia Principe Ambar Don Pablo Collection in the Dominican Republic!

Your suggestions about the Spa service have been taken in the highest consideration and have been forwarded to the General Manager of our Resort.

Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts, your best hotel in Punta Cana.

Best regards,

Kiev, Ukraine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

We flight from Ukraine more then 12 hours, spent significant amount of money. BUT we have wonderful vacation here, unforgettable 24 nights!! We do want to return here. This hotel is the real home away from home.
What delicios food we have in PALMYRA:
- thank you RUBEN - todos los platos han muy sabrosos!!
- Gracias RODOLFO para tu tortilla))
- Special thanks to ANDREINA and ANA for your beautiful smiles)

Beach PLAYA AMBAR:
You have magnificent staff on the beach!
- KELVIN, LINO, ALBERT (practicant), CONFESSOR, JERSY (practicant), VICTOR: thank you guys for drinks, songs, jokes and fun))
- MIGUEL and JUAN: thanks for convenient rest and comfort on the beach.

And of course thanks to really professional photograph HENRY - amazing pictures!!

To sum up, this resume is written not so as for guests, as for administration of Ambar. You have nice staff - muy amable, agradable y simpatico. Appreciate all of them, not only that I have mentioned)) because all of them made our vacation magnificent (we have a lot of time to communicate with everybody).

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Oleh,

Posts such as yours without a doubt delight us and gives us confidence to keep working hard to satisfy our customers and improve our service. As well, represents a challenge to maintain the magic that makes our dear customers choose for their holiday destination this paradise called Luxury Bahia Principe Ambar Don Pablo Collection.

Please rest assured that your nice observations will be transmitted to all our staff members who went out of their way to make your vacation magnificent and make you feel home away from home!

Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts, your best hotel in Punta Cana

Always at your disposal,

coshocton ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

For the most part all the positive reviews on this site are spot on and I can not argue with the observations. I therefore, will not bother to repeat what others have said. But I want to provide some thoughts that are not common on this board.
Visited Bahia Ambar in September with 3 other couples. For the price I feel this resort is a quality all inclusive. As a point of reference I have been to 14 different all-inclusives in 6 different countries. This was my 5th visit to Punta Cana all at different resorts. Ambar does things better than most resorts. Food, service, beach, pool all were top notch. Still there was something missing.
The resort did not feel intimate as others I have visited. The whole Bahia complex is huge but the Ambar section is fairly small so I was hopeful it would feel like it's own resort. I just never got that feeling. The other thing missing was comfort. I have never been to a resort that was so hot. The rooms and restaurants never really cooled down enough to make us comfortable. The lobby was a sauna making after dinner or pre dinner drink miserable. Even the pool was hotter than I have ever experienced. The ocean breeze did not reach the pool or resort area as there are so many palm trees blocking the wind and the resort is so much higher than the beach. Nit picking--maybe.
For the price and the quality of every other aspect of the resort I would recommend it. But for those out there looking for better regardless of price I might look elsewhere.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Being you a travel experienced person, your opinion becomes challenging. We thank you for taking the time of sharing your opinion with us which we will take in the highest consideration.
We are glad your mentioning our good aspects and we are glad you find things better than most resorts. Food, service, beach, pool all were top notch.

Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts, all-inclusive hotels in Punta Cana!

Yours sincerely,

Bahia Principe Bavaro Resort

Been to Luxury Bahia Principe Ambar Don Pablo Collection? Share your experiences!