“A job well done” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Luxury Bahia Principe Ambar Don Pablo Collection

Save Saved
You added Luxury Bahia Principe Ambar Don Pablo Collection to your Saves list
Luxury Bahia Principe Ambar Don Pablo Collection
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Crta. Arena Gorda - Macao, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #12 of 100 Hotels in Punta Cana
New York City, New York
“A job well done”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

You certainly get your monies worth at the Ambar. We were there from August 7th to August 14th. A wonderful variety of food in the buffet, and the Don Pablo Restaurant was excellent. Large pool and excellent pool service. The beach is great. Warm water but strong waves. Friendly staff in the dining room and kudos to Anyela at the front desk ( I hope I spelled her name correctly). She and the young lady in Guest services made sure our room was decorated for my husband's birthday and we received special recognition in honor of our 30th anniversary at the Don Pablo specialty restaurant. We had great fun at the beach party, and the musician playing the sax in the evenings in the lobby was fantastic. We would/will return to the Ambar.

Dianne and Hollis from New York City

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Customer Servic... B, Customer Service at Luxury Bahia Principe Ambar Don Pablo Collection, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Dear Dianne,

We are happy to read that our team provided you a fantastic stay and created you memorable experiences.

It will be an honor to host you once again in Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts, a 5 star experience in the Dominican Republic.

Best regards,

Bahia Principe Bavaro Resort

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,208)
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Thank the magnificent treatment of their staff, they make it feel like King, consent and serve with pleasure. Encourage them to continue. Congratulations...!
I am sure that soon again to enjoy the atmosphere, the good food and its good selection of drinks.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Customer Servic... B, Customer Service at Luxury Bahia Principe Ambar Don Pablo Collection, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Dear Client,

Your comments are an inspiration to continue striving towards excellence. Furthermore, your experience is a real testament of the commitment of our staff in providing memorable stays to our guest. They will be motivated with your acknowledgments.

Thank you for sharing your photos of our Luxury Bahia Principe Ambar Don Pablo Collection.

All-inclusive luxury hotels in Punta Cana with Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts.

Always at your disposal,

4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

My best friend and I, just got back from this resort in Punta Cana. We had an excellent time! The staff was so friendly and helpful. The resort was beautiful and very clean. Our room was gorgeous and much nicer than the pictures we saw online. I have to admit that I was worried about that. Everyone that we met was really friendly and all about having a good time. We participated in karaoke at the Ambar which was kinda dead compared to karaoke at the Bavaro. Being an adults only resort definitely had its perks. If you really want to have fun and party, you'd have to go to one of the sister resorts. The only thing I would have changed about this resort was the food. The best food was at Mikado the Japanese restaurant. Breakfast was also good, but the other dining options were not good at all. I've stayed at other all inclusives and the food is never great, but some of the food we had here was simply gross. The drinks were plentiful and delicious. We drank all day and never were we drunk. They tasted great, but were definitely weak. Once we figured it out, we stuck to champagne.

Dear Guest,

It is a pleasure for all of us to hear that we could fulfill your expectations during your stay and we are glad to see how you mentioned the friendliness of our staff. We appreciate that you have taken the time to send us your comments which are very important for us.

Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts, all-inclusive hotels for your holidays in the Dominican Republic.

Best regards,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

This had to be the BEST VACATION I ever had! The Ambar portion of Bahia Principe was beautiful. The resort was impeccable. The bar was great and even included Johnny Walker black and red to my surprise. The pools at Ambar were great, especially the swim up bar. The buffet was good as well, as well as smack bars. Had a lot of variety and always had fresh hot food. BBQ ribs, paella, and almost anything you would want on a summer day to much on. The beach was gorgeous and the advantage of staying at Ambar was that the adult side was directly on the beach. People who stayed at the other parts of Bahia principe had to use the shuttle (which is always available and super quick) to get to the beach with their families. So that's a plus to staying on the adult side. The bars on the beach and pool were great and the staff was super friendly and bilingual. The rooms are huge and clean and gorgeous. I have absolutely NO complaints!

As a solo and single traveller, I had the time of my life! I met so many fun people of varying ages, single and married who made this trip even better. The disco/club is good too but it's at the main part of the resort (not at Ambar) but like I said the shuttle is quick and always available. It's a 2 min drive. I loved it and I will be back!! I don't think I would have had as much fun if I brought my friends lol. I had more fun solo! If its just you by yourself or with your significant other and your looking for a fun resort close to everything with lots to do, with a mixed crowd of young and mature, this is the PERFECT all inclusive!

I WILL DEFINITELY BE BACK!

Dear Alexandria,

We feel so proud to read that in Luxury Bahia Principe Ambar Don Pablo Collection you had the best vacation in a perfect all-inclusive. Thank you for your praise and nice comments.

We would be absolutely delighted to cater you back again in Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts, a 5 star experience in the Dominican Republic.

Yours sincerely,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

This paradise is for adults ONLY! Spiritual regeneration,body enjoyment,mental complete relax.Worldly stylish,amazingly relaxing and friendly environment,spotless everywhere,like in the hospital,literally!Food is multicultural,best quality for everybody's expectations.European sense of style in rooms,landscaping of tropical forest,the service,the beach and a pool.The hardworking Management and the team of hundreds professionals are just for your pleasure 24/7.Excitement and fun to be at this magical Haven on Earth.I was with my mother 76 years old and we were absolutely surprised,that this place is providing full care for people with disabilities and old people,like she has in Toronto,Canada.The service people are very friendly,caring and making You feeling completely Home.I believe this resort brings all ingredients together to make your vacation unforgettably great.The ocean,the beach are perfect and very safe. Bahia Principe Ambar in Punta Cana is simply - amazing 5 stars resort,but I can adding another 2 stars for the spiritual atmosphere,full of service discipline,care,perfect manners and deep relax.Keep up a good job!I am strongly recommending to spend more then 1 week in this resort - the pleasure will be all yours!

• Stayed August 2013
Customer Servic... B, Customer Service at Luxury Bahia Principe Ambar Don Pablo Collection, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Dear Client,

Please be assured that it is an honor and a great compliment for us to learn that you enjoyed an unforgettable vacation thanks to our caring people. We will ensure to pass on you kind words to all our staff members.

We are already looking forward to have you with us again for more than one week.

Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts, a 5 star experience in Punta Cana.

Kind greetings,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

We went here in July and were very impressed.

Our room was fantastic, lovely comfy bed, clean bathroom, everything you could want. Cleaned nicely every day with new towels at night, great.

Location was brilliant, 2 minutes from the beachwhich was beautiful with a plentiful supply of beach loungers and umbrellas.

Food was great, buffet offered a great selection for all tastes, service here was usually good but there were a couple of times we felt a bit ignored if we were sitting towards the edge. Neither off us were drinking wine so sometimes our drink orders were forgotten about.

A couple of negatives, we responded to a 'you have won a prize' lraflet posted by the hotel through our door. Because it was an official hotel thing we felt out was safe to reply to. Anyway, it involved a sales pitch for a holiday club which you had to sit through to get your prize. The sales pitch was far too high pressured however and we were mocked for not having enough savings to put down a deposit, this left a bit of a sour taste in the mouth after such a good time.

Another little negative was the 15 dollar entrance fee to the ' dominican show', it's pretty unacceptable to have to pay for entertainment on an all-inclusive holiday.

The staff at the casino are very unfriendly too, we didn't really know what to do and were offered no help whatsoever and made to feel silly, we left after one spin of a roulette wheel.

Having said that though, this is a fantastic place, very luxurious with an overwhelming majority of great staff. Would love to return one day, just avoid the casino, dont respond to the 'you have won a prize leaflet' and dont pay the 15 dollars for the entertainment!

• Stayed July 2013
Dear Stuart,

It is through communications of this nature that our customers give us an opportunity to assess and evaluate our performance, as well as to ensure that we maintain and deliver the level of service expected from us.

Thank you for sharing your experience with other on TripAdvisor and we are looking forward to welcoming you once again!

All-inclusive luxury hotels in the Dominican Republic with Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts.

Kindest regards,

Mason City IA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

We stayed at the Gran Bahia Principe Ambar for 10 days on our honeymoon. The resort is gorgeous! Our room was beautiful. The room was very clean, as well as the resort. The entire staff was so amazing. They are all incredibly hard working, and I felt they really did give great service, even though I noticed many people did not tip them, they did not treat any of those people with any disrespect. I will say the only thing I did not love was the food. I know that it is hard to please everyone and they cater to a very diverse group of people, I just felt the buffet was lacking. I could always find something I could eat, but there was nothing I would rave about. The Mediterranean restaurant was horrible, not even edible. I would definitely stay away from that place. All in all it was a great place to spend our honeymoon. They always had something going on at the lobby bar at night. If you wanted to do something else they always have shows going on at the main hotel. Do not miss the Michael Jackson show, it's great. I would recommend this resort to anyone!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

It is a real pleasure to learn that you enjoyed a great time together during your honeymoon in our Luxury Bahia Principe Ambar Don Pablo Collection.

We are glad to read that you mentioned our incredible hardworking team and the great service they provide.

Hope to welcome you once again!

Your honeymoon in Punta Cana with Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts.

Yours sincerely,

Bahia Principe Bavaro Resort

Been to Luxury Bahia Principe Ambar Don Pablo Collection? Share your experiences!