Spend the extra money and make a top 5 decision. Upon our arrival, check in was great - but sent us to the wrong room - after 3 hours of discussions we arrived to our correct room which was not yet cleaned - took another 2 hrs. to get cleaned.
Food was terrible and bland - same food every night - fruit was bad. Long lines for the omelet station and pasta station. No fresh pancakes and ran out of food and fresh juices.
I am not a big drinker but when I wanted a baileys and coffee the bartender asked me my room # and I was charged - go figure, this was not included but they did carry premium alcohol for a extra fee.
Staff said yes to everything and always had a hand out. Plan on spending an additional $300.00 for good service. Take lots of 5's. We were told this was a family resort and its not - drunken young adults with no cut offs. I actually saw 2 young ladies vomit pool side at noon and the staff never said a word - they just rinsed it away with a bucket of water and pretended like it never happened. Pools look great just don't look in the water with goggles on, it is the grosses thing you will ever see. Bathrooms by the pools were always out of order - you figure out the rest.
The beach was awesome besides the 20,000 or more people everyday - I mean packed everyday! Pool chairs and cabannas were pretty good - the only problem was I had to get up every morning @ 5 a.m. (I am on vacation remember) in order to get me and my family chairs with a small table, sometimes I felt bad for the people who were walking around looking for a chair in disbelief that out of (my guess) 5,000 chairs, not 1 was available.
Room service consisted of the worst food ever - we ordered first evening and that was it - even my kids complained about the wierd tasting watermelon. Our room smelled like a cigar bar - even our air freshners didn't mask the smell.
The rooms had paper thin walls which we could hear everthing that went on from 2 rooms away and the worst was every night when the drunken people came back our family was awakened by yelling and slamming doors.
Grounds are lush and beautiful but plan on walking alot because this place is huge. The trolly system left you standing and waiting because they were always full of people.
In closing, we have been to many different resorts and are just average people who work hard to have the finer things on our vacations and if I help 1 family make the right decision I have accomplished my mission in writing my truth to you! Good Luck and God Bless - The Family of 4 from Michigan!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 2 lake-style pools Jacuzzi Sun terraces Lounger, sun umbrella and towel service BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Sports facilities: gym, tennis court, multi-sports court Water activity centre Motorised sports (additional charge) WiFi access in the lobby (1h per day free of charge) and in rooms (additional charge) Meeting and convention room 1 buffet restaurant and 5 speciality restaurants Japanese restaurant 16 bars Wedding gazebo Punta Blanca Golf Club: 18 hole Punta Blanca Golf Club (additional charge) Pueblo Principe: Shopping and Leisure Mall with local craft stores, live music, shows, stores, bars, disco and casino Rooms 756 rooms including two types: Superior Junior Suite and Club Golden Junior Suite Room facilities: King size bed or two full size beds Fully-equipped bathroom with Jacuzzi, hair dryer and a full range of amenities Balcony or terrace Air conditioning Ceiling fan Telephone Satellite TV Coffee-making facilities Mini-bar Safe (additional charge) WiFi (additional charge) Club Golden Junior Suite (See page 18 Club Golden, Club Hacienda). Children Bahia Scouts The hotel is perfect for families, offering a range of facilities tailored especially for children, including the following: Children's pool Mini Club for children aged 4 to 12 Baby Station Bahia Scouts Water Park Fun Area and Adventure Park (additional charge) Teen's club Other Services 24 hour medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) WiFi in the lobby (1h per day free of charge) and in rooms (additional charge) Specialised service for organising weddings, incentive trips, events and anniversaries Personalised menus (for celiacs, diabetics, etc.) Available on request and subject to circumstances ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, BookIt.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp. and TripOnline SA so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Principe Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Gran Bahia Principe