Traveled July 23-30 with a group of friends. We had the junior suite with the Royal Golden Package. The Package definitely was worth the extra money and I would recommend any person considering this resort to get the package!
HOTEL: This resort is shared with 4 other resorts (bavaro, esmerelda, luxury ambar, and turqesa). The grounds are amazing and very well maintained. The only downside in my opinion was the walking as the resort itself is HUGE!. It's so huge they offer "transportation" in the form of traincarts to get to one end of the resort to the other. Other than that, amazing
ROOM: we were in villa 6 which is right next to the beach, but far away from the reception/party square. Room was cleaned daily (make sure to tip!), safe was working (THIS IS A MUST!), bathroom was clean, and most importantly, AC was amazing.. It was so amazing that some nights we had to turn it down and/or the use ceiling fan lol.
EXCURSION; We did the dune buggying (awesome), something called the bavaro splash which is basically speedboating, snorkling, and snuba diving (not to be confused with suba diving).
FOOD: the buffet was amazing,and so was room service. In terms of the restaurants, the BBQ one was the best.. The Italian and Mediterranean were ok. In terms of those late-night munchers, I would recommend going to the snack bar (which is also a great after-party spot for those looking to party till the sun comes up) which services a handful of items such as nachos, burgers, and hotdogs, and of course, BEER!!
PARTYING: NOW THIS WAS THE HIGHLIGHT OF MY TRIP.. Because the resort is so huge, it was hard to find out where the parties were during the day. However, we found that the best place to party during the day was the swimming pool next to the snack bar. Great crowd, atmosphere, and lots of drinking games! Night time was the best for partying as everyone went to the "Square" aka the Pueblo Principe... You didn't have to worry about about where people would be partying at night since The Square offered the best place to party at night! This place is basically main party area shared by all 5 resorts as it features a karaoke/sports bar and the main club...Music was mostly spanish stuff such as salsa, with the occasional "mainstream radio hits" and EDM (whenever they played EDM the crowned went nuts). Overall, the Square was so good that me friends and I never had to worry about going outside the resort to club, so in the end we saved a lot of money!
COCO BONGO: NOW people, If i could recommend any club to go to outside the resort, It would have to be the Coco Bongo. I have been to many clubs/bars in my life and this is BY FAR THE BEST THE PLACE. $70 got you transportation there and back, and open bar, and it is worth every cent!. VERDICT; GO TO THIS PLACE!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 2 lake-style pools Jacuzzi Sun terraces Lounger, sun umbrella and towel service BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Sports facilities: gym, tennis court, multi-sports court Water activity centre Motorised sports (additional charge) WiFi access in the lobby (1h per day free of charge) and in rooms (additional charge) Meeting and convention room 1 buffet restaurant and 5 speciality restaurants Japanese restaurant 16 bars Wedding gazebo Punta Blanca Golf Club: 18 hole Punta Blanca Golf Club (additional charge) Pueblo Principe: Shopping and Leisure Mall with local craft stores, live music, shows, stores, bars, disco and casino Rooms 756 rooms including two types: Superior Junior Suite and Club Golden Junior Suite Room facilities: King size bed or two full size beds Fully-equipped bathroom with Jacuzzi, hair dryer and a full range of amenities Balcony or terrace Air conditioning Ceiling fan Telephone Satellite TV Coffee-making facilities Mini-bar Safe (additional charge) WiFi (additional charge) Club Golden Junior Suite (See page 18 Club Golden, Club Hacienda). Children Bahia Scouts The hotel is perfect for families, offering a range of facilities tailored especially for children, including the following: Children's pool Mini Club for children aged 4 to 12 Baby Station Bahia Scouts Water Park Fun Area and Adventure Park (additional charge) Teen's club Other Services 24 hour medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) WiFi in the lobby (1h per day free of charge) and in rooms (additional charge) Specialised service for organising weddings, incentive trips, events and anniversaries Personalised menus (for celiacs, diabetics, etc.) Available on request and subject to circumstances ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Booking.com, Odigeo, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Principe Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Gran Bahia Principe