“Absolutely beautiful and great staff !” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Bahia Principe Punta Cana

You added Grand Bahia Principe Punta Cana to your Saves list
Grand Bahia Principe Punta Cana
5.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Crta. Arena Gorda, Punta Cana 9999, Dominican Republic   |
Hotel virtual tour
Special Offer
Winter up to 50% off
Ranked #42 of 99 Hotels in Punta Cana
“Absolutely beautiful and great staff !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW via mobile

Love this place !! Beautiful beach and pool. The staff is amazing. Miguel, German, and Santos at lobby bar were great. They were friendly fun and gave us great service. . Damian was so helpful. And Hugo, Enrique and a Johnny at the pool bar were so fun and great service! This was my second time here and Miguel and Santos were still there, last time they were at beach bar. Remembered them both! They are the best!! I suggest paying the extra and upgrading. Cedric was so helpful and got us everything we needed very quickly ! Great place. Absolutely beautiful, clean and very friendly !

Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (942)
  • Polish first
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW via mobile

The staff is the standout to be honest. Quite helpful and pleasant. The pool bar bartenders were the only ones indifferent and could use some more people training skills to complement the rest of the staff.

Stayed Golden Club, worth the extra since you are closer to the beach and you spend less time commuting.

Rooms adequate, but are showing their age.

Pool entertainment staff just "ok". Montego Bay staff better at it. Nightly shows did shine, these were good.

Grounds are huge, definitely a drawback in our opinion. Grounds well kept.

Food is average, lacks creativity and imagination. 3 at best. A la cart's are just "ok" and nothing special.

Bring mosquito repellent, night shows present a feast for these critter. We got an infection, Dr. Eladio on staff was stellar and an asset to the property.

S-Trip ruined a couple days for us, this overlapped with US college kids vacationing, so it was loud, lots of cussing and disturbances for families. The resort could have done a better job of managing this in advance, although while there, they cut them off from the bar on day 2, but a few tips here and there and lobby shop provided locations for them anyway!

Bring anything you think you will need because anything you buy there will be extremely expensive.

Privaledge club time share they try and get you to visit is a waste of time, there is no deal to be had, trust me on this. But if you do fall victim, do your math and ask what is included, it's a waste!

Still, the value is there if your expectations are not the rated 5 stars...

Property 4
Staff 4
Food 3
Overall 3.5

Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Columbus, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We just got back yesterday from a 7 day stay (March 22-29). The Hotel and grounds were beautiful. The pools were perfect and the beach was amazing. There were always plenty of chairs but make sure you get to the beach early if you want to sit under an umbrella. They are all gone by 9 am. Also they give you towel cards with your room keys and you turn those in to get towels at the pool which we didn't realize at first. It is a very large resort but we found it very manageable with the trolleys. The trolleys ran constantly and were very quick and convenient. The shows we saw were really great! We enjoyed the Disney princess one as well as the newlywed show. The service at the bars throughout the resort was quick even in peak spring break season so that was very nice. They did some competitions at the pool like the ideal man, or arm wrestling most of the days around 430 and those were very funny to watch. It was also nice because you could reserve paddle boards and kayaks for free on the beach. Just make sure you do it in the morning so you get the time you want. They also stock the mini fridge in you room daily and include a large bottle of water, Pepsi products, and a couple beers which was great! We opted to buy the 7 day wifi for $50 which was very worth it. It worked pretty well everywhere and was really nice to have.

This was my first time at an all inclusive resort. I have been on many cruises in the past with multiple cruise lines and I can say I was astounded at the difference in the quality of service. The majority of the hotel employees were not helpful or friendly. Most of the staff did not speak English well. Employees at the front desk were rude when I asked them questions and looked at me like I was crazy for even thinking they'd know that information when I asked them where to make restaurant reservations at. I was even more irritated that coupled with the rudeness of most of the staff that the people selling excursions at the beach and pool as well as the employees at the souvenir stands were incredibly pushy. They hounded you constantly even when you were clearly in a hurry and not looking at them or the merchandise. One day at the pool we were all sitting in chairs reading books and an employee selling excursions came up and suddenly started slapping our shins repeatedly and telling to us to go on the excursions he was selling. I was startled and incredibly uncomfortable. I have never had an experience like this while on a vacation and was very surprised and disappointed.

The food was very average and I found it difficult to find a variety of things that were decent. I noticed at the buffet that the foods that were supposed to be hot were not kept hot and the foods that were supposed to be cold were not kept cold either. One night at dinner they had sushi sitting out on decorative plates with out ice or anything cooling it under it. This made me very nervous to eat most of the food at the buffet, and my fears were confirmed when 4 of the 5 people on our trip got some kind of stomach bug while we were there. In the rooms I am pretty sure they never changed the sheets once while we were there and would not leave washcloths when they brought new towels. I found this odd since they were there the first day when we arrived. I had to call down and ask for them to be brought up daily which usually took 30-45 minutes. Once they finally came with the wash clothes two hours after I called as we were leaving for dinner.

With the specialty restaurants we were told that there were no reservations available till 9 pm when we made them so we took them reluctantly. We decided to go an hour early the first night and see if they could get us in early and the restaurant was pretty much empty and they took us. We did this same thing the rest of the nights and each time the same thing happened with the restaurant being completely empty so I don't really understand what the issue was. I suggest booking your reservations early if you can.

Overall it was a very nice vacation and we made the best of the experience overall. It is hard to be in a bad mood when you're in the Caribbean but I can say I definitely would not revisit this resort if I went back to the Dominican in the future.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I recently stayed at the Grand Bahia and was very impressed with the resort! The resort is very clean, amazing amenities, beautiful beach and great food. To top it off the beach is one of the best I have ever been to! If your looking to travel to Punta Cana I would highly recommend the Gran Bahia!

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Conception Bay South, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

This is our second trip to the hotel. Its large, you need a trolley to travel to the beach unless you don't mind a long walk in the heat. Rooms are clean, food was just ok for choice, the same as every other resort, no better or worse. Friends we travelled with (their first trip down South) became violently stricken with Diarrhea ; this is not uncommon anywhere, unfortunately. We never noticed entertainment, although I know they had it. We've seen all the shows so often we usually don't bother going, so that's not the resort's fault. Rooms are nicer than some other resorts, and quite tidy.The staff is friendly, although you will feel like a number here. It is a very big resort! One hour of wifi a day, unless you pay exorbitant fees. This is something we had better almost everywhere else.

Room Tip: All rooms are nice!
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

The facilities are beautiful. I was in Ambar 1 the older section of the resort closer to the beach. Room was good. Pool was great. Poor planning with dark metal frames on lounge chairs which became extremely hot with the heat of the sun. The fabric on many chairs was fraying and a concern for the bigger members of my party. Pool at Ambar 2 had much better lounge chairs. resort has apparently gown very quickly and the result is a lot of staff trying hard, but not succeeding in providing good service. I was very sick one evening and needed cold water delivered to my room. A call at 5AM got a response that the "department" wouldn't open until 7AM. I explained that this was a health emergency. That I had consumed all of the bottled water in the room and needed more immediately. After a few follow-up calls, I recognized that nothing would happen until after 7. At 7:20AM someone showed up with two warm bottles of water.

Although my friends have been here for a second time and I spoke to others who were multiple repeat visitors to this resort, I found the food poor and the wine virtually undrinkable. The only decent food I had in the Dominican was on an excursion. One friend noted that the food was not as good as the previous year - attributing this to the rapid growth of the resort.

I will not return to this resort nor would I recommend it to a friend. If your primary driver for your vacation decision is cheap and all-inclusive (with little care for the quality of the food), this may work for you. If food, wine and service are important in the enjoyment of your vacation - look elsewhere.

Room Tip: Bldg 64 - close to pool and beach. Can be a little noisy during the day due to all of the activities...
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Slave Lake, Alberta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

spent two weeks and was sad to have to go home. strongly recommend it to friends and family looking to take a break from the world. exceptional staff and service. tho i would recommend learning a little bit of Spanish before going

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Grand Bahia Principe Punta Cana? Share your experiences!