“I love this hotel and I come back already after 2 weeks” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Bahia Principe Punta Cana

and 1 more site!
You added Grand Bahia Principe Punta Cana to your Saves list
Grand Bahia Principe Punta Cana
5.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Crta. Arena Gorda-Macao, Punta Cana 9999, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #40 of 102 Hotels in Punta Cana
Kristianstad, Sweden
“I love this hotel and I come back already after 2 weeks”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

I came home 23 of February 2014 from this beautiful, clean and nice hotel. I was travelling with my grandchild 17 years girl. She was also extremly pleased with EVERYTHING.
All staff was nice and helpful.

Room Tip: We stayed very near beach and it was very nice. Our room was very clean and we had not any problem b...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Customer Servic... B, Customer service at Grand Bahia Principe Punta Cana, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
Dear Jana,

Thank you very much for your comment. We are extremely delighted to read that you love this hotel and that you were extremely pleased with everything.

Looking forward to welcoming you once again in our Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts, your best hotel in Punta Cana.

Bahia Principe Bavaro Resort

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (838)
  • Polish first
Embrun, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

This was our first time at an all inclusive resort and it was awesome! The quick check-in and the welcome center's attention was very appreciated. The room was very comfortable, in the 400 room area. a two minute walk to the pools and beach. The food was too good,lol. There is going to be a lot of exercise bike riding. We had terrific weather with just one day that had on and off rain.
This was almost like a recon for us, to get our bearings on vacations like this and the wonderful staff at the resort made it a truly entertaining experience. We will definitely be going back!

Room Tip: Rooms in the 400 area are perfect to get to the beach and located close enough to the lobby you coul...
Dear Rick,

We are more glad than you to read that you enjoyed the first all- inclusive experience, thanks to our comfortable rooms, good food and the nice weather. At Bahia Principe our goal is to make your vacation become an unforgettable experience.

Thank you for your comments and it is great to know that you definitely would back soon to Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts, your best hotel in Punta Cana.

Warm greetings,

Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

This was our 3rd time to this resort the two times were fantastic that we decided to go again the 2nd time we went we were given two bottles of rum in our room plus two t-shirts with the Bahia principe logo on it and an upgrade from gold to platinum ( we felt special ) so we wanted to go back my husband reserved our trip 6 months in advance and asked for the same room when we arrived we were given another room ( which was lovely ) but we were not made to feel like returning guests at all
We felt like we might as well as gone to any other resort I brought down a suitcase filled with gifts for the maid everyday we leave an American dollar and a gift bags with assorted gifts and a card thanking the maid in Spanish our maid went into the suitcase and helped herself to her own gifts when she was leaving for a three day holiday back to her home she thought we were leaving and wouldent be there when she got back
she also helped her self to my nailpolish and was in such a rush she dident close the bottles
I found the staff there was always running to please and serve a certain look of people thinking they would get tips and I would watch this while I was being ignored or ordering a drink never getting it and having to get it myself yet my husband and myself tipped all the time and the people they were running for would get up without a thank you or tip and walk out
as much as we both love love love Punta Cana and in the past have loved this resort we both walked away with the feeling that we could of very well gone to another resort
the only reason we chose this resort for the third time was for how special we were made to feel the first two times.
So I guess next year we will be trying another place
We also payed extra for a turn down service that we got once in 12 days we came back from the beach one day and our room was not done we had to wait while they got another maild to come clean our room and she did a better job then the maid who was normally NOT cleaning our room
our maid half the time dident even make out bed she just rolled the blanket and comforted up and threw it on the couch. we dident say anything because we actually dident know what she would do to our room or things but in the past two time we have gone there nothing like this has happened we also felt that the staff was not happy and it showed
However the food was great the a la cartes were very good the bathrooms well kept and clean the resort is lovely and kept well.
the grounds are kept beautiful.

Room Tip: don't take a ground floor a lot of people were having problems with water and bugs
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Cheryl,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay. We regret for the impression you could perceive from some of the staff members.

We sincerely appreciate all feedback and I apologize if you felt you did not received the service you deserve by some staffs, that is not the impression we want to show to our repeat clients.

I invite you to give us another opportunity to stay in Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts, all-inclusive hotels for your holidays in the Dominican Republic and change this negative perception from us.

Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

Starting Feb. 7 for two weeks 4 Western Canadians spent a wonderful time in Punta Cana staying at the Grand Bahia Principe Royal Golden (4 others, our kids and their significant others joined us for the second week)! Our trip booked through Air Transat was flawless from the start and after a quick passage through the airport we were on the bus for a short transfer to the hotel. Our check in was quick and Melissa orientated us to the resort, restaurants, a la carte reservation and all the scheduled activities. We along with our luggage were driven to our rooms very quickly and we were able to enjoy a leisurely meal in the Orquidea buffet restaurant (plenty of choices and a theme every day, if you couldn't find something to eat you are too picky!) As promised we were able to book 8 a la carte restaurants over the 14 days, book early as they fill up, and we had excellent service and good food at each one! The El Pescador was made enjoyable by the "Fantastic" Luis, and Angelo and Caroline, superb service was order of the night! Don't miss the Dominicano, local flavor with wonderful attention by Braulio, Migel and Jerry ( we will not forget the sharing of Mamajuana with you! It was so special we cancelled another reservation so that we could come back and enjoy your friendship a second time!) The Mikado and Santa Fe restaurants also supplied us with enjoyable evenings and good food! The atmosphere of the resort, the quality of the site and facility and all of the workers was second to none (the staff work so hard and we rarely did not see a smile when greeted with hola)! The pool bar was extremely busy from 10 in the morning to 5:30 at night but the service was fast and any drink you wanted they fixed (if they had the ingredients). Felix, Santos, Enrique and Miguel were unbelievable and we always enjoyed their singing, smiles and all round fantastic service (you all are awesome)! Cannot forget Mildred who walked around taking orders and we cannot figure out how she could remember all the orders and who they were to go to (Bravo Mildred great job)! Be at the pool for happy hour and all the antics that go with it! You can expect Bingo Bongo, sexiest man or woman contest, water polo, arm wrestling or what ever the challenge was. They also had water aerobics and tried to teach us how to dance, always a lot of fun, the activity crew were fun and energetic! And our room was excellent and Edaina who looked after it went beyond normal service. We had flower petals, swans and hearts made out of towels and a quickly cleaned room. Edaina you were fantastic, Thank you so much for the special attention you gave (or maybe it was normal)! I highly recommend the Grand Bahia Principe Punta Cana for a stay in the Dominican Republic! Thanks to everyone there for a fantastic stay, we will be back!

Room Tip: If you choose Royal Golden see if you can get into building 1, it is right by the main pool and beac...
Dear Rod W,

Posts such as yours delight us and gives us confidence to keep working hard to satisfy our customers and improve our service. We are glad to know that we were able to exceed your expectations providing you a wonderful time.

Looking forward to see you again to share another great Mamajuana!

Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts, all-inclusive hotels for your holidays in the Dominican Republic.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

This was the best trip of my life!! we stayed from feb 17-24th! i didnt want to come home at all! everything was AMAZING there! the people are soo nice the room was nice. The Bartender Hugo was such an amazing guy! the animation people were AMAZING, William, Junior, Francisco, jacksen, and frank! this is my second time staying at this resort and i will go back there forsure! the weather was amazing! i like to thank all the animation people for making it such a good vacation!

Dear Nicole,

First of all thank you for choosing for second time Bahia Principe Hotels for your holiday destination in Punta Cana. We feel proud to read that this was the best trip of your life and you never forgrt it.

Thank you for acknowledge the animation team, they will be happy to know you recognize their job.

Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts, your best hotel in Punta Cana.

Barrie, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

Travelled Feb 17-23 2014
Some of the reviews for this hotel are a bit worrisome, so before arriving I was nervous of what my experience with the Grand Bahia Principe would be like. This is easily one of the best resorts I have ever been too! I went with a group of 13 people for a 50th birthday celebration and we all thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. It was nice to see that there was diversity in the age groups, many young couples, families with children, older couples, groups, and students! When I went to cuba, it was mostly elderly so this was a huge plus as anyone of any age could enjoy their time. The resort is quite large but this was a plus to me as there was always lots to do, and allowed for the large amount of guests to be dispersed amongst the resort rather than crowded in certain areas. Also, there are mini bus carts to take you around the entire resort. The wait for these never took long and was a huge plus for getting to your room, lobby, and the beach quickly. I never found problems finding chairs at the pool or beach, even when our group of 13 wanted to get 13 chairs! We found that going early helped greatly. The pool always had entertainment (beer drinking contest, bikini contest, underwater swimming contest, etc). There was also an "animal of the day" that you could take pictures with for free and only costed $10 to buy the picture if you liked it! The beach was absolutely stunning, just as good as the renowned beaches of Veradero. The sand was clean, no rocks or shells, and it did not absorb heat so it was pleasant to walk on even under the hot sun.
The buffet had an amazing breakfast with a lot to choose from, I definitely recommend starting your day early just for the breakfast buffet! The buffet at lunch and dinner was great too, a lot of variety and consistency. If you found something you liked, it would be there the next day and would be just as good. My boyfriend and I ordered room service several times and this was a great service. You simply told them what you wanted from what was available and it would was delivered promptly. The nightly entertainment was also a huge plus as it gave you something to do after dinner! The Michael Jackson show was one of the best!
There is also a number of shops, vendors, and a casino in the hotels "marketplace". The casino is fairly small but has a number of slot machines, and game tables like russian roulette. The vendors in the marketplace can be quite pushy but a simple "no gracais" or "just looky looky" usually did the trick. BOOK YOUR DINNER RESERVATIONS when you check in. I cannot stress this enough. They usually book up very fast and a couple of nights our group was left with having dinner at 9:30 pm- a little late for our liking. However, we found that if you showed up early, they would have room for you at that time, so if you end up getting a late time slot, swing by a bit earlier and they may be able to seat you.
The staff was wonderful, there were language barriers at times, but it seemed that they put the most fluent in English and French in the most necessary positions (waiters at a la cartes, check in desk, etc).
Drinks were often too strong, but I found this better than not strong enough like at other hotels I went to where they would water down drinks.
The room was perfect, no bed bugs and if you leave your balcony door shut while you are not using the balcony the mosquitos will not be a problem. CON- sometimes we would come back to our rooms around 6pm and they still were not cleaned, and other days they would be cleaned by noon. This was very inconsistent and frustrating when you want to nap or get ready and cannot because the maid is getting ready to clean in the late afternoon. Please keep in mind that this resort has 4000 rooms and so as you could imagine, room cleaning is quite the task for the staff.
There are a number of people selling excursions on the resort, our group booked with the gentlemen by the pool area and they were able to get us a better deal because of our group size. If you are doing an excursion with 4 or more people, I recommend you try to talk down the price fairly as they were usually accommodating. I HIGHLY recommend doing to dune buggying. This excursion is very fun. You get to drive your own dune buggy through the country side of Punta Cana, to a local beach, and to a cave. On the way to the cave is quite muddy so you will get messy but this was part of the fun! A videographer and a photographer captured many pics and videos of myself and my group which was a nice touch.
I also recommend the ziplining excursion. This one was AMAZING. A lot of walking and stair climbing but was entirely worth it. If you like heights and adventures like this, you will not be disappointed. They had two of the longest lines in the caribbean and the views were spectacular. The drive there is longer than they said (they said 35, actually took about an hour) but the drive was a part of the experience (countryside, and mountain driving).
A couple of the members of my group went to the spa since it is registered and the receipts can be submitted back home to receive your money back through health insurance or work benefits. They got the seaweed wrap massage, and the deep tissue massage. Both were apparently very well done and highly recommended.

Also, our group booked through the VIP package or something like that. This gave us a few small benefits like not having to check in- we showed up, they took our bags, gave us the information we needed, and we were off. This was extremely nice, especially after reading about other groups having to wait for lengthly amounts of time in the check in line. Through this package we also had rooms guaranteed to be closer to the beach.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Customer Servic... B, Customer service at Grand Bahia Principe Punta Cana, responded to this review, March 1, 2014
Dear client,

We are very pleased to read that we were able to exceed your expectations as you were a little nervous with this trip but at the end you were impressed with one of the best resort you have ever been. It is a nice touch to know that all the entire group were satisfied with the service and treatment the received here.

Thank you for your comments and looking forward to welcome all of you once again!!!!

Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts, a 5 star experience in Punta Cana

Chelmsford, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

Bathroom ceiling collapsed, safety grab bar comes away from wall. In other rooms sockets hung from wall and toilet cistern leaked over bathroom floor. Leak continued in one bathroom and had to put towels down. Despite telling both reception and rep no repairs made in the two weeks we were there. Light hung down from bathroom ceiling. Invaded by 500 Canadian students hell bent on taking over the pool, bar and waking our group of eight and other guests any time between 2:00am and 4:00am. Shouting from building balcony to building balcony. One student so wrecked she was pulled out of pool by staff for her own safety. They were allowed to run riot. Guest Services manager as useful as a chocolate fireguard.
Asked for an extension on one room on departure day to allow one member (with Parkinsons) to relax before the long flight home. This was explained to reception who flatly refused the request - this was more than cruel.
Some staff seem to just be seeking tips for little effort, especially as we had to find cutlery, crockery, glasses and serviettes most days. All parties on our transfer to hotel highly critical of hotel.
The claim to be a five star hotel beggars belief.

Absolutely never again!!!!!!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Brian S,

We would like to state that the feedback expressed by our clients is our top priority and our main goal is to offer a service at all times according to your expectations. I am really sorry that the above situations mentioned have tarnished your stay, and all the inconveniences you encountered really do not reflect our commitment with the guests.

Once again, I can only offer you a big apologize for the bad moments.

Always at your disposal,

Bahia Principe Bavaro Resort

Been to Grand Bahia Principe Punta Cana? Share your experiences!