“Nice vacation” 4 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Grand Bahia Principe Punta Cana to your Saves list
CheapCaribbean BookIt.com
Grand Bahia Principe Punta Cana
5.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Areana Gorda-Macao, Seccion Baigua, Higuey-Provincia La Altagracia, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic   |
Hotel virtual tour
Ranked #40 of 101 hotels in Punta Cana
Hancock, Michigan
“Nice vacation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

We stayed at this resort from Sept 16 to the 25th.Overall I was pleased with the resort.Stayed at the Punta Cana golden section.Was close to the beach. I've been to a lot of beaches in different coutries and this beach was the best.Also , were able to get under shade whenever we went.I don't know how anyone could complain about the buffets at the resort.There was a wide variety of food-something for everyone.Went to one ala carte but actually enjoyed the buffets more.All the staff was very friendly and helpful despite the language differences.Took 2 tours Outback Safari and the one where we interacted with the sting ray and went snorkeling.-both tours were excellent.Enjoyed the shows at the Tropicana Theater every night..The only reason I am not giving this a 5 is because of the smoking.There should be more smoking restrictions--people can smoke everywhere.People smoked in the beach restaurant and also at the nightly shows in the theater.Overall I would recommend this resort and would stay there again.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Customer Servic... B, Customer Service at Grand Bahia Principe Punta Cana, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Dear Ben,

We greatly appreciate that you have chosen one of our Resorts as your holiday destination in Punta Cana. Thank you for highlighting the good aspects, such as hardworking staff,beautiful rooms, delicious food, and interesting night shows.

We hope you will be willing to give us the opportunity to cater you once again at Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts, a 5 star experience in Punta Cana.

Kind regards,

2,897 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (625)
  • Polish first
toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

I stayed in Grand Bahia Principe Punta Cana (green bracelets) Sept 15-Sept 23. Paid $700 all in with Air Canada from Toronto. Double occupancy.
This hotel complex has 7 different hotels. However unlike most large resorts where you "stay at 1, play at all" this resort is not like that. You can only use the accommodations of the hotel you are staying in.
The resort is huge and has trains running around every 5 minutes to take you where you want to go. Around dinner time almost all the trains are full and they won't stop for you.
The room
The room was nice. Clean and tidy. The washroom was all marble and clean and nice. The bed was so comfortable I loved it, just like my bed at home. My room was 10309. Had small TV with lots of English channels. Mini bar stocked everyday with beer and pop.
The beach
Nicest beach in the entire Caribbean. They have butlers going around to get you drinks. Some animation in the morning with music. A lifeguard on duty all day. 10/10 for the beach
The food
I never tried any restaurants because I don't like waiting in line to make the reservations, and I'd rather eat immediately because restaurants take forever. You only have access to the 1 buffet located in the lobby. The food was good. Not great, but good. Best omlettes in the morning with bacon sausages cereal etc. lunch I always had at the beach restaurant. They have rice roasted chicken pasta salads etc. and delicious nachos & guacamole. Dinner was always at the Lobby buffet. Good food, you won't be hungry, but not great. It was probably because it is low season. I never even saw 1 shrimp my entire week.

The drinks were great. I loved the cocoloco, piña colada and the pretty colorful mixed drinks they make. Best drinks at lobby bar.

They have an amazing beautiful watermark for kids. It's new and it is gorgeous. Any kids will love to be there.

They also have mini golf, trampoline, tennis, bicycles, kids club, mini club, karaoke bar, disco, scuba diving, catamarans, kayaks. I hope I'm not missing anything. Great variety of things to do.

I work in customer service, so customer service is a big thing for me wherever I go. I had a few problems with things during my stay, but once I called the manager, they always took care of everything. So if you have a problem just call a manager it will help a lot.

Great hotel. Good food. Good service, and the nicest beach in the Caribbean.

• Stayed September 2013
Dear Guest,

Posts such as yours delight us and gives us confidence to keep working hard to satisfy our customers and improve our service. We would like to thank you for recommending us and for mentioning our good food, good service, and the nicest beach in the Caribbean.

Regards from Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts, all-inclusive hotels for your holidays in the Dominican Republic.

Lisbon, Portugal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

We stayed from Sep 8 to Sep 22, and these were 2 awesome weeks. The hotel is absolutely delightful, with thousands of activities to choose from, not only inland but on the ocean too. Stayed on two different villas, on in the middle near "The Manglar", and the second right on the beach. The cleanliness is outstanding: rooms, the complex, the restaurants and the beach. Will absolutely recommend the hotel. To the management of this hotel, I will have to thumbs up for the excellent visitor-experience you provide. Just one tip: why no add a mosquito repellent in each room? Most likely to come back in a near future. Don't miss the Michael Jackson show, and don't forget to book the 3 free "a la carte" restaurants.

Room Tip: I will adivse to ask a villa far from the "El Manglar". Otherwise, you will have to deal w...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Customer Servic... B, Customer Service at Grand Bahia Principe Punta Cana, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay at our hotel. We sincerely appreciate all feedback.We are glad to find out that there were some aspects from our services you find worth to mention our absolutely delightful Grand Bahia Principe Punta Cana, and our awesome staff.

We would like to cater you once again in any of our Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts in Dominican Republic to experience the hospitality of our people, the quality of our services and facilities.

Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts, a 5 star experience in Punta Cana

Regards from Dominican Republic!

Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

Stayed in the Royal Golden Villas, when you walked into our room, there was a strong mildew smell, our mini bar was broken and we had called approximately 4 times about it,never got fixed. Did not receive our free bottle of rum in our room upon arrival, and did not receive turn down service 3 nights. Our bed was very uncomfortable and and the sheets did not fit the bed. Restaurants, buffets were excellent, grounds of resort, pool areas and beach kept very clean. Unfortuntately our legs were covered in some sort of bug bites and unfortunately never warn about using any kind of bug spray during orientation with travel company rep (transitat holidays) and was not very informative regarding activities during the day. Day outting was disappointing, as what we were told and what took place was very different. Hotel staff was very friendly and very professional even when there was a language barrier. Considering how large the resort is, it is very clean and well kept but unfortunately very easy to get lost.

Room Tip: The rooms by the beach and pool is a perfect spot. The bus stop was at the Santa Fa just a quick wa...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Customer Servic... B, Customer Service at Grand Bahia Principe Punta Cana, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Dear Guest,

We thank you for taking the time of sharing your opinion with others on TripAdvisor which we will take in the highest consideration. It is through communications of this nature that our customers give us an opportunity to assess and evaluate our performance. We regret not having been able to achieve our main objective with you, which is our guests´ entire satisfaction.

We hope you will be willing to give us the opportunity to welcome you once again and be able to change any negative perception our sincere hope is to cater to you in any of our Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts in Dominican Republic.

Kindest regards,

Kilmarnock, Scotland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

Were just back from our stay at this hotel and I have to say it was fantastic. The hotel is very clean and rooms spotless, the cleaning staff do a great job.
The hotel is massive so does take a day or two getting used to where your room is and how far it is from beach & pools, the good thing is with it being a large hotel you do get a little cart/bus that you can jump on to go to all the facilities.
Our room was big too with a huge bed and most importantly a free mini bar that gets topped up with a couple cans of beer , water and fizzy drinks every day (if you tip the maid you will get 4 beers!) Oh and theres also free room service! offering burgers , hot dogs , nachos
Now something I wasnt sure about when I booked up, my thought was should I have went for Bavaro hotel.. well to clear the air their both actually in the same complex sharing facilities, they really just have different but identical receptions on each side. Not sure about rooms though they may be a little different but really cant imagine there would be any bad rooms in this hotel.
I would suggest booking your "a la carte" meals the day you get there as you get 4 per week but we only got 2 the 11 nights we were there due to them being booked out. I would suggest the mexican as they have some really nice things you cant get at the buffet.
There is 3 pools all with a pool bar which is great, the staff at the bar are a good laugh and are always happy to get you a drink! The larger pool by the beach is always busy so you need to get down early but theirs always a bed available at the others which are just as good.
Entertainment was good , sometimes a little repetitive though. If you like Michael Jackson then there is a great tribute act worth watching. If you cant be bothered with entertainment or just want something different theres a little Sports Bar that does Karaoke then a night club next door to carry the night on until 2am.
Now that i'm on the subject of entertainment i'm going to go onto some bad points -
They have a "Caribbean Party" on a Friday, but this is not included its $15 each and to be honest this was not my kind of party, it was the same all-inclusive drinks , and just another show! with pretty much the same dancers. No party involving us at all, I felt it wasn't worth paying for after what I had already spent to go my holiday!
Also a word of warning when you do go to "Pueblo Principe" where the sports bar and club are, you are hassled by guys trying to sell you things from their stalls. In my opinion this brings down the high standards of this hotel as people pay this money to relax and not be bothered by sales patter!
Also occasionally at the pool you will be offered to buy a ticket for "Manati Park", they are quite pushy too as they get comission for selling. Do not buy these tickets! Honestly I really don't think this hotel should be involved with the park! Just check the reviews on here and you will see for yourself.
Going back to the good points , I would go back , the staff are friendly and do a fantastic job. The waiters/ waitresses can't do enough for you and although they don't all look for it, you should maybe give them a little tip like $2 or $3. Unfortunately we didnt always have the change so couldn't do it much but next time i'm going to try and get a load of $1 bills before we go.
Oh and word of warning when you get there the "bellboys" will carry your luggage in and both of them will be looking for a tip - we didnt have change and ended up giving them $10 each which was a bit much to carry your case in!
Anyway we did leave happy and sad of course because we were leaving, so thanks to all the staff at Grand Bahia Principe.

Room Tip: Golden club rooms are nice and close to pools, but to be honest any room is not far from the bus sto...
Dear Guest,

We are proud to hear that we have provided you a fantastic vacations, thank you for taking the time of sharing your opinion with us which we will take in the highest consideration.

We wish to continue providing the best of our personnel hospitality, the quality of our services and facilities, Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts, all-inclusive hotels in Dominican Republic.

Always at your disposal,

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

We are going there in a week - first time to Dominican Republic...
Coming with 2 kids 2.5 & 4 year old.... Can't Wait after reading all the wonderful reviews ...
Any suggestions for room location? Ground floor or upstairs??

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Customer Servic... B, Customer Service at Grand Bahia Principe Punta Cana, responded to this review, September 21, 2013
Dear Client,

We greatly appreciate that you have chosen Grand Bahia Principe Bavaro as your holidays destination.

Pleases Contact us at info.bavaro@bahia-principe.com in order to assist you.

Warm regards,

Worcester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

We stayed here August 13 and had a wonderful time. There are some strange negative reports on here about this hotel and I wonder if we even stayed at the same hotel. The grounds and beach are beautiful. The rooms are large, spacious with good air conditioning. The buffet restaurant is fantastic, how people complain about this I don't understand. They have a different style of evening each night ie: International night, Mexican etc and we always found the food to be great. We ate at a couple of the A la carte restaurants, we can highly recommend the Garden Grill for lovely steak and ribs and Mikado the japanese restaurant. People have commented how long you have to queue to book these restaurants, I emailed my requests before we flew out, and went to reservations to collect the slips to find all the bookings had been made on the days and times I requested them.

The staff are extremely friendly and helpful in all the restaurants and bars.

Yes this is a large resort, but it is easy to get around. If you really don't want to walk there is a shuttle bus to take you to and from the beach. At the most it is only a 15 min stroll from the lobby to the beach.

The only negative thing I have to say about our holiday has nothing to do with the hotel or staff it is the other tourists. I cannot believe the amount of food that gets wasted, its as though they have this attitude "Well i've paid for it so I can have whatever I want and leave it as well". I'm sure people don't behave this way at home so why would you at a hotel?? Also if a waiter comes to your table in the morning and asks it you would like coffee, please just don't ignore him, he this there to greet you and serve you I cannot believe how rude some people are would it really hurt you to say no thankyou??

I would take some strong mosi spray with you, we sprayed ourselves but still got a few bites.

If you are thinking of going here then go, its lovely I would recommend it to anybody and I would love to go back sometime.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Customer Servic... B, Customer Service at Grand Bahia Principe Punta Cana, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Dear guest,

It is wonderful to know that you and your family enjoyed an absolutely delightful week with exceptional and outstanding treatment in Grand Bahia Principe Punta Cana.

Family holidays with Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts.

Kind regards,

Bahia Principe Bavaro Resort

Been to Grand Bahia Principe Punta Cana? Share your experiences!