We recetly stayed at this resort for 10 days. There is a lot to comment so here I go.
This is a huge resort and the poeple, as are most Dominicans, are wonderfull and very attentive. This is the resorts greatest assest and I hopr thier management knows that !
This is a huge resortt, which depending on your preferrance could be a negative or a positive.
I was told that there were nearly 3000 rooms and since we went at the peak of the season, at times it felt a bit crowded. Compare it to a giant cruise ship on land in regards to the layout. Huge lobby, pools strategicly spread out across the entire complex as well as resturants galore and several large buffet areas, starting with the lobby and one ending up right by the beach !
Now to the specifics:
Room was adequate resort style room. We didn't get one with an ocean view but we were rarely in the room anyway and preferred to be at the pool near the pool bar.
Food was average or a little better on most occasions with pleanty of variety, but this does not mean that all of the food, all of the time was great. But you didn't go hungry, that for sure !
Staff was exceptional, as I stated before. Candid conversations with them highlighted the fact that thier management stressed this attitude to them OFTEN. There were of course a few(very few) lapses but that was due more to the high number of people and the fact the the staff was sometimes a little streched.
Value: We got an excellent deal for our group(consisting of 42 individuals). We paid, all inclusive, about $75 a day. This included all meals, snacks and all drinks(with or without alchohol). I got my money's worth on drinks alone.
Entertainment: Live entertainment was generaly pretty good with a variety of shows starting at around 7 PM and going in until 2 AM with again, food and drinks a plenty in every venue.
Active entertainment was not as good with Kyaking , some snorkeling equipment and a tank scuba diving lesson in the pool(the kids liked this the best !).
There was free WI-Fi on the property but we purposely didn't bring any of the ushual devices so we could focus on family and fun interactive time ! Look at my reviews for thos activities on this in Punta Cana as well. It was liberating to be disconected for 10 days.. I strongly suggest that you try it !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 2 lake-style pools Jacuzzi Sun terraces Lounger, sun umbrella and towel service BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Sports facilities: gym, tennis court, multi-sports court Water activity centre Motorised sports (additional charge) WiFi access in the lobby (1h per day free of charge) and in rooms (additional charge) Meeting and convention room 1 buffet restaurant and 5 speciality restaurants Japanese restaurant 16 bars Wedding gazebo Punta Blanca Golf Club: 18 hole Punta Blanca Golf Club (additional charge) Pueblo Principe: Shopping and Leisure Mall with local craft stores, live music, shows, stores, bars, disco and casino Rooms 756 rooms including two types: Superior Junior Suite and Club Golden Junior Suite Room facilities: King size bed or two full size beds Fully-equipped bathroom with Jacuzzi, hair dryer and a full range of amenities Balcony or terrace Air conditioning Ceiling fan Telephone Satellite TV Coffee-making facilities Mini-bar Safe (additional charge) WiFi (additional charge) Club Golden Junior Suite (See page 18 Club Golden, Club Hacienda). Children Bahia Scouts The hotel is perfect for families, offering a range of facilities tailored especially for children, including the following: Children's pool Mini Club for children aged 4 to 12 Baby Station Bahia Scouts Water Park Fun Area and Adventure Park (additional charge) Teen's club Other Services 24 hour medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) WiFi in the lobby (1h per day free of charge) and in rooms (additional charge) Specialised service for organising weddings, incentive trips, events and anniversaries Personalised menus (for celiacs, diabetics, etc.) Available on request and subject to circumstances ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, BookIt.com and Caribbean Online Mgt Corp. so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Principe Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Gran Bahia Principe