We travelled to BP Punta Cana in the start of August13.
1.The facilities are awesome, with a real waterpark for the kids, minigolf course, tennis, football... everything you can imagine and the gardens are stunning: Beautiful and very well maintained.
2. The pool areas are very good. The 2 pools in the middle of the complex are very quiet but the pool next to the beach is very noisy with some US style animation... But the pools are huge, very well decorated, perfect for the children and always very clean.
3. Beach is really nice, very clean, with lifeguards included and always secure. No problem with non-authorized sales or circulation of strange people. We felt always very secure. The beach animation is very amusing.
4. The transport system along the complex is efficient, with short waiting times. Very funny also... The complex is very big, but you can walk easily inside from your room to the beach.
5. The waterpark is really nice for children. My kid could live there for the entire week, i guess...
6. The rooms are big and confortable, but some of them seemed a bit older. Our first room had a water flood in the first night we arrived. The maintainance staff came quick and solved the problem, but there was water all over the floor. I demanded a new room and the hotel supervisor came to our room, asked for eventual damages, gave us another room and a upgrade to a silver bracelet, wich was very valuable in all the stay (we could have lunch and breakfast in a much more quiet Mexican restaurant near by the beach). He was very nice and efficient.
7. The night shows are very good and the entertainment lasts for more than 2 hours.
1. The hotel was fully booked. This means you will get lines for almost everything, but the worst scenario is the dinner time. Long-time waiting lines guaranteed. As we had silver bracelets, we could lunch and take the breakfast in Mexican Restaurant near the beach. This restaurant is much more quiet.
2. The a-la-carte restaurants we tried were worst than the normal buffet. Don't worth the time lost on booking them and the service is very slow.
3. The food quality and variety is not bad, but the desserts are really low-cost type. The fruit is bad and the ice cream was probably the worst i tasted in my entire life...
4. The "towel booking" tradition is really annoying. If you don't get on the beach at 7.am you won't get a shade and a sunbed. And believe me, there are plenty of them...
4. The reception staff (except the supervisor we met) is the opposite they should be. No simpathy, no smile... nothing! Robot-type staff. When i check-out, not even a thank you was given from the guy... I'm not even asking for the basic "have a nice flight home and we hope to see you soon in the future" normal behaviour. A complete desaster and a mass-turism effect. This is probably the worst issue on the entire experience. You just fell like one more sheep in the process and that´s not pleasant...
So, in resume if you can avoid the high-season overbooked dates, you will get a wonderful experience. The weather is fantastic, the beach is stunning and the hotel is very beautiful and with excellent entertainment areas for all the ages.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., BookIt.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Venere and Otel so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Principe Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Gran Bahia Principe