We travelled to BP Punta Cana in the start of August13.
1.The facilities are awesome, with a real waterpark for the kids, minigolf course, tennis, football... everything you can imagine and the gardens are stunning: Beautiful and very well maintained.
2. The pool areas are very good. The 2 pools in the middle of the complex are very quiet but the pool next to the beach is very noisy with some US style animation... But the pools are huge, very well decorated, perfect for the children and always very clean.
3. Beach is really nice, very clean, with lifeguards included and always secure. No problem with non-authorized sales or circulation of strange people. We felt always very secure. The beach animation is very amusing.
4. The transport system along the complex is efficient, with short waiting times. Very funny also... The complex is very big, but you can walk easily inside from your room to the beach.
5. The waterpark is really nice for children. My kid could live there for the entire week, i guess...
6. The rooms are big and confortable, but some of them seemed a bit older. Our first room had a water flood in the first night we arrived. The maintainance staff came quick and solved the problem, but there was water all over the floor. I demanded a new room and the hotel supervisor came to our room, asked for eventual damages, gave us another room and a upgrade to a silver bracelet, wich was very valuable in all the stay (we could have lunch and breakfast in a much more quiet Mexican restaurant near by the beach). He was very nice and efficient.
7. The night shows are very good and the entertainment lasts for more than 2 hours.
1. The hotel was fully booked. This means you will get lines for almost everything, but the worst scenario is the dinner time. Long-time waiting lines guaranteed. As we had silver bracelets, we could lunch and take the breakfast in Mexican Restaurant near the beach. This restaurant is much more quiet.
2. The a-la-carte restaurants we tried were worst than the normal buffet. Don't worth the time lost on booking them and the service is very slow.
3. The food quality and variety is not bad, but the desserts are really low-cost type. The fruit is bad and the ice cream was probably the worst i tasted in my entire life...
4. The "towel booking" tradition is really annoying. If you don't get on the beach at 7.am you won't get a shade and a sunbed. And believe me, there are plenty of them...
4. The reception staff (except the supervisor we met) is the opposite they should be. No simpathy, no smile... nothing! Robot-type staff. When i check-out, not even a thank you was given from the guy... I'm not even asking for the basic "have a nice flight home and we hope to see you soon in the future" normal behaviour. A complete desaster and a mass-turism effect. This is probably the worst issue on the entire experience. You just fell like one more sheep in the process and that´s not pleasant...
So, in resume if you can avoid the high-season overbooked dates, you will get a wonderful experience. The weather is fantastic, the beach is stunning and the hotel is very beautiful and with excellent entertainment areas for all the ages.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 2 lake-style pools Jacuzzi Sun terraces Lounger, sun umbrella and towel service BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Sports facilities: gym, tennis court, multi-sports court Water activity centre Motorised sports (additional charge) WiFi access in the lobby (1h per day free of charge) and in rooms (additional charge) Meeting and convention room 1 buffet restaurant and 5 speciality restaurants Japanese restaurant 16 bars Wedding gazebo Punta Blanca Golf Club: 18 hole Punta Blanca Golf Club (additional charge) Pueblo Principe: Shopping and Leisure Mall with local craft stores, live music, shows, stores, bars, disco and casino Rooms 756 rooms including two types: Superior Junior Suite and Club Golden Junior Suite Room facilities: King size bed or two full size beds Fully-equipped bathroom with Jacuzzi, hair dryer and a full range of amenities Balcony or terrace Air conditioning Ceiling fan Telephone Satellite TV Coffee-making facilities Mini-bar Safe (additional charge) WiFi (additional charge) Club Golden Junior Suite (See page 18 Club Golden, Club Hacienda). Children Bahia Scouts The hotel is perfect for families, offering a range of facilities tailored especially for children, including the following: Children's pool Mini Club for children aged 4 to 12 Baby Station Bahia Scouts Water Park Fun Area and Adventure Park (additional charge) Teen's club Other Services 24 hour medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) WiFi in the lobby (1h per day free of charge) and in rooms (additional charge) Specialised service for organising weddings, incentive trips, events and anniversaries Personalised menus (for celiacs, diabetics, etc.) Available on request and subject to circumstances ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, HotelTravel.com, Low Cost Holidays and Odigeo so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Principe Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Gran Bahia Principe