Wow! what should I say. Fantastic Resort!! Fantastic Food!! Grounds Fantastic!! Rooms Fantastic!!Food Fantastic!!Where should I start. Well When you book Grand Bahia Principe you have 4 places with upgrades to make 5. we stayed at the Punta Cana. You have Ambar, Esmeralda. Bavaro. Golden ( which is an upgrade closer to beach with Punta Cana resort) and the resort we stayed at was the Punta Cana. After reading the reviews people love the resort and so did we. I was a little worried about not being on the beach unless you have an upgrade to the golden. No worries it was a 6min stroll and you could wait for the car trolley (which was a truck that pulled trolleys) there was 3 of them they went from Punta cana Lobby to beach straight down with about 6 stops about 150 yards apart, Then the Esmeralda to the beach and Bavaro to the beach) really nothing to worry about. they had 3 pools one right by the beach and 2 up from the beach. The one closer to the beach was the party pool and the 2 other pools were not as much partying going on but all 3 had swim up. the bar shut at 5 and swim up was at 5:30pm a little disappointing but worked out great.
They have stores at the market on the resort and they have stores on the beach to the right about 27 min walk which were about the same items sold maybe a few different sold on the beach.More paintings more necklaces but pretty much the same just more variety on the beach.
Can't see me paying more money for the upgrade to Ambar or Esmeralda. Punta Cana only beach to have a walk up bar. Seen people coming from Esmeralda to get drinks from our beach bar as they didn't have one. Ambar had waiters/waitress's walking around to get drinks but watched them and they took about 45min to an hour to come back around. To pay an extra $400 for this no thank you. Ambar no kids but there were kids on the beach playing.
A la Carte's were great, only one you need dress up pants and shirt was the French so we didn't go as it is to hot for that. We went to the Italian dressy shorts sandels and dressy shirt, was great food and atmosphere. We went to the BBQ which is close to the beach was also the same dress code dressy shorts shirt and sandels which was great food also. We went to the Japanese which the food was wonderful but there was no show, we might have got a new chef or they don't do the show but we seen 4 shows from Cuba mexico and DR before but food was amazing. All kinds of umbrella's on the beach, if you want front row need to wake up between 5 - 6 to get one, but if you're not worried about front row you will get one anytime you go down. I am nosey so I had to wake up at 5 and get front row then back to bed.
If you got an upgrade to Esmerald or Ambar or Golden same A La Carte but you were able to go to more. We were able to go to 3 out of 7 then golden 4 Esmeralda 5 and then Ambar had access to all 7 but the 3 we went to were great and no need to go to any more as the buffet was wonderful lobster one night. so 3 were great for us. Great loddy great entertainment just have to get there at around 8 as it is a big resort and it is filled quick but they have 2 of the same shows at night 9 then 10:15. I have no complaints about this resort people complained about the distance from the beach to rooms on previous reviews. We walked out of room and if trolley was coming we would hope on, if not we would start to walk and if we seen it coming we would just wait at next stop which was close together no worries at all. Everyone we talked to loved it and nobody complained. Beer and pop everyday in your fridge and if you needed more beer at night just call and they brought it. Loved the place 5 star for sure. Can't see me paying an extra $500 a person for Ambar because it is adult only. They were over our resort most of the times for buffet and shows. The only problem I had were people walking on the beach with sandles on. Please take your sandles off when you reach the beach as sand will travel further with sandles on then off. Mostly European's though. Great Resort,beautiful weather what a time no worries no problems just relax and sun, sunny everyday. Never used the spa so I can't comment on that close to airport maybe 25min real close nice drive.
We travelled April 12 - 19 2013 4 of us and we've been to resorts before and so have the other couple and this resort is our favorite!!!! I would not upgrade for more $$$ to Esmealda and Ambar or Golden Beautiful place go back next year for sure.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 2 lake-style pools Jacuzzi Sun terraces Lounger, sun umbrella and towel service BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Sports facilities: gym, tennis court, multi-sports court Water activity centre Motorised sports (additional charge) WiFi access in the lobby (1h per day free of charge) and in rooms (additional charge) Meeting and convention room 1 buffet restaurant and 5 speciality restaurants Japanese restaurant 16 bars Wedding gazebo Punta Blanca Golf Club: 18 hole Punta Blanca Golf Club (additional charge) Pueblo Principe: Shopping and Leisure Mall with local craft stores, live music, shows, stores, bars, disco and casino Rooms 756 rooms including two types: Superior Junior Suite and Club Golden Junior Suite Room facilities: King size bed or two full size beds Fully-equipped bathroom with Jacuzzi, hair dryer and a full range of amenities Balcony or terrace Air conditioning Ceiling fan Telephone Satellite TV Coffee-making facilities Mini-bar Safe (additional charge) WiFi (additional charge) Club Golden Junior Suite (See page 18 Club Golden, Club Hacienda). Children Bahia Scouts The hotel is perfect for families, offering a range of facilities tailored especially for children, including the following: Children's pool Mini Club for children aged 4 to 12 Baby Station Bahia Scouts Water Park Fun Area and Adventure Park (additional charge) Teen's club Other Services 24 hour medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) WiFi in the lobby (1h per day free of charge) and in rooms (additional charge) Specialised service for organising weddings, incentive trips, events and anniversaries Personalised menus (for celiacs, diabetics, etc.) Available on request and subject to circumstances ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, BookIt.com and Caribbean Online Mgt Corp. so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Principe Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Gran Bahia Principe