This was my first trip to an all inclusive resort; my first trip outside of the US and I am so glad we chose Punta Cana. My cousin and I (both single gals) decided to take a girls trip and landed on the Grand Bahia just by researching. At first, I was scared by the reviews. Too big, crowded etc, but after our visit, I would definitly stay here again.
The resort yes is huge but it gives you a variety of things to do. There are multiple pools, many bars, and really great restaurants. Everyone is super friendly and always willing to help. If you are looking for a relazxing trip, however, this resort may not be your cup of tea. The men that run the activities during the day at the pool are constantly trying to get you involved. At first I was annoyed when I was just trying to read my book, but then I also appreciated the fact that they truly wanted you to get involved and enjoy every moment of your Grand Bahia experience. As a single girl, I was a little creeped out by their approach towards woman. Always winking, or flirting. It was kind of a turn off and I did find myself avoiding them as much as possible. If you like flattery, then you'll love the pool.
The pools are beautiful with swim up bars. During the day, I didnt have anyone come serve me drinks which was fine because I saved my money with not tipping as much. I would recommend going down to the pool in the AM and claiming your chairs with your towels. No one will bother them. We actually left our towels down there one day for 6 hours while we went on an excursion and they were still there when we came back. There is a buffet right next to the pools so you dont have to go far to grab lunch. The drinks were so so. Prepare mixes and they threw some rum at the bottom making the frozen beverages real watery. My cousin and I chose their beer, with LIME!! It tasted just like a corona! Bring your own cup too. Makes a world of difference. The beach on the otherhand, while absolutely beautiful, was sooo crowded. We put our towels down one AM and when I came back someone moved them so we didnt have seats. Again, no one served you on the beach but you save on tips. Same beverages served their. Everyone is trying to sell you something but just shake your head No and they will go away.
I absolutely loved the shows. The MIchael Jackson show was great and so was the circus. The theatre is beautiful. This was one of my favorite parts. The lobby always had entertainment and signature drinks served differently each night. The lobby was absolutely gorgeous and we spent most of our nights on the beautifully lit patio lined with palm trees.
Bleh. For me at least. The buffet was always crowded and people push - alot! They have alot of everything. For lunch we often made ourselves a sandwich. It is very very hard to get a reservation for dinner so I would email them ahead of time. We were able to get 2. The japanese restaurant which was the best food I ate the entire trip. Sushi and habachi. Then Mexican. That was so so but they served you margaritas!
Who cared about the rooms! We spent our time at the pool or in the ocean! The bathroom tub didnt train really well but I didnt care so much. We tipped the maid $5.00 and she brought us extra water and beer, as well as towels. The beds were so comfy and our balcony overlooked the grounds. I loved them personally.
All in all it was a perfect vacation despite some of the food and the creepy male employees. I would absolutely go back to the Grand Bahia and hope to do so in the near future!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 2 lake-style pools Jacuzzi Sun terraces Lounger, sun umbrella and towel service BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Sports facilities: gym, tennis court, multi-sports court Water activity centre Motorised sports (additional charge) WiFi access in the lobby (1h per day free of charge) and in rooms (additional charge) Meeting and convention room 1 buffet restaurant and 5 speciality restaurants Japanese restaurant 16 bars Wedding gazebo Punta Blanca Golf Club: 18 hole Punta Blanca Golf Club (additional charge) Pueblo Principe: Shopping and Leisure Mall with local craft stores, live music, shows, stores, bars, disco and casino Rooms 756 rooms including two types: Superior Junior Suite and Club Golden Junior Suite Room facilities: King size bed or two full size beds Fully-equipped bathroom with Jacuzzi, hair dryer and a full range of amenities Balcony or terrace Air conditioning Ceiling fan Telephone Satellite TV Coffee-making facilities Mini-bar Safe (additional charge) WiFi (additional charge) Club Golden Junior Suite (See page 18 Club Golden, Club Hacienda). Children Bahia Scouts The hotel is perfect for families, offering a range of facilities tailored especially for children, including the following: Children's pool Mini Club for children aged 4 to 12 Baby Station Bahia Scouts Water Park Fun Area and Adventure Park (additional charge) Teen's club Other Services 24 hour medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) WiFi in the lobby (1h per day free of charge) and in rooms (additional charge) Specialised service for organising weddings, incentive trips, events and anniversaries Personalised menus (for celiacs, diabetics, etc.) Available on request and subject to circumstances ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Booking.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Principe Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Gran Bahia Principe