“Good bad and ugly” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Punta Cana

Save Saved
You added Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Punta Cana to your Saves list
Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Punta Cana
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Blvd. Turistico del Este, km 28, Punta Cana 74, Dominican Republic   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
30% OFF + KIDS STAY FREE
Ranked #24 of 100 hotels in Punta Cana
Toronto, Canada
“Good bad and ugly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

Good: People, rooms, cleanliness
Bad: "almost" too big!
Ugly: Lots and lots and lots of complaints about rooms. Don't go with children at Christmas if you want connected rooms. You and your wife may be sleeping in different rooms, in different buildings far far from each other!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
HRHCPuntaCana, Manager at Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Punta Cana, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Hello Frank OP, thanks for sharing your comments about your vacay. It’s nice to read that you enjoyed our rooms, the cleanliness of our hotel and our Hard Rockers! We know our hotel is on the bigger scale that’s why we’ve designed 3 tram routes to take our Rock Stars around. We hope to welcome you back soon so we can Rock your stay. SAVE THE PLANET.

8,077 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,140)
  • Korean first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

We were a group of 24 and always difficult to accommodate so many wishes, tastes and difficult people. However, it went so well even though it didn't start that way. We were last to arrive and heard of some problems family members had had but we nicely asked the lobby front desk and Mariele and Miguel took care of every detail with the most professional and efficient way. We were changed to rooms all on the same floor and wing, extra beds put in rooms, absolutely great service. The spa is the best I've seen of any resort. It is out of this world, absolutely a must. Truly impressive people that work there, great hard working staff just every step of the way. Food was best in the Market Place for lunch and loved the breakfasts with all the tropical fresh fruit. We were happily pleased. Will return.

Room Tip: The A buildings are closer to the ocean but all the rooms are excellent!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Thanks so much for your Rockin’ review Marta1108! While we’re dismayed that you had a bumpy start we’re glad everything got smoothed out and that you all had a good time! Thanks for the shout out to Mariel and Miguel who made sure you had what you needed. We’re happy you got to relax in the Rock Spa and enjoy your stay! We can’t wait to welcome you guys back to our hotel!! LOVE ALL, SERVE ALL.
Roslyn, NY
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

Awful! Hard rock markets itself as a first class resort but it is nothing but. First off the resort is massive and there are bridges over several water ways that look like toxic swampland. Not at all the look of paradise that I was hoping for. At times, an odor that smells like sewage wafts from these waterways. My husband jokes that this is where the waste goes that is used to power the casino. See the picture that I uploaded. After a long walk, you get to some OK pools and the beach. The towel stand is often empty and the "keeper of the towels" argues with me each time I want to take more than one towel (I have 4 kids and a hubby) insisting that each person even my baby must come and claim their own. Like I said, true luxury! The beach has few shaded areas. Yes it's the beach, but most resorts offer umbrellas. No such luck here. You have to hope you get to the beach early enough to claim one of the few beach seats and then that there is space to plop your chair under the few trees. So of course, you are not located close to the ocean at this point. It sucked! My four little kids had no shade and we shared the one towel I was allotted as we built sand castles. The beach has lifeguards but they wear clothes, even windbreakers in scorching heat and sneakers! They do not look ready to jump in and save anyone. Not to mention they were always on their phones. No drink service at the beach either. Did I mention I hate this place? The food sucks! I never expect from an all-inclusive resort but this was beyond imagination! I could not find a single fruit or veggie that tasted normal. Occasionally I found good papaya. Even the hard boiled eggs at breakfast were overcooked and burnt. The alcohol selection is OK, thank G-d!!! The rooms look nice upon arrival but within moments I noticed layers of dust in corners of the room and on shelves. Despite being a relatively new resort, the bathrooms already had mildew and smelled. The toilet seat was too small for the toilet commode - yes gross. Despite being 6 people in 2 connecting rooms, we were only given 2 towels total each day. I had to fight for extras and was told that the resort didn't have any more to give me. Seriously?!?! I resorted to stealing towels from any maid cart I could find around the resort and hoarding them in my closet. I SO hate this place!!! So only one day to go and I am actually looking forward to leaving. I tried complaining several times but I could never find a manager, in person or by phone. Couple of other annoyances - the $1800 resort credit is a scam. Despite being an all inclusive everything costs from mini-golf to water sports. Yes you are given $1800 to spend upon arrival but there is a 20% fee on everything plus gratuity. So mini golf for instance was $50/pp x 6 people = $300. Use your credit but then you still have to pay $60 at an all inclusive to mini golf for 15 minutes with the kids. It was just obnoxious! I tried to grab a coffee at the casino and was charged $4 for an instant decaf coffee. None of the restaurants accept reservations and often times there was up to a 2 hour wait! We were forced to arrive for dinner at 6pm and fight with the other early birds for dinner. There is no luxury here! Stay away! I hate it. No customer service, nothing. Should have known when we arrived and tried to check in at 2:50 and were told that it is not 3pm yet so we have to come back later. Seriously?!?! Will never go back!!! And I will tell all my friends to stay clear. If you must go, bring your own towels and no what you are getting yourself into!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dear Debi Y, we would like to express you how sorry we are to acknowledge that you didn’t have an enjoyable stay this past December. We’re terribly sorry to read that you had some inconveniences with the lack of towels and chairs, this has been addressed with our management and we’re doing all we can to get this rectified. Similarly, we’ve talked to our Food & Beverage Director about the comments you’ve made about the food and fruits. We hope you’ll give us another chance so we can show you what we’re all about. ALL IS ONE.
North Canton, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

This was only my second all inclusive, so I don't have much to compare to. I went with two friends and staid in a Conjoined family suite. That's two standard beds, a king and a living area between each bedroom.

This place is huge. It's the biggest hotel i've ever been in. You need to take golf cart trams to get to the far buildings by the beach. It proves bothersome when you're coming back from the casino or club intoxicated. Walking is an option, but come on, it's vacation!

The room service was always available, but it was the same seemingly reheated food each time. We did eat at the restaurants, and we had no problem getting into them without reservations. The restaurant food was delicious.

This was a vacation trip, so our main goal was partying. We went to ORO a few times, and the other two bars in the main building. These are the only things going on after 10pm, and 60% of the time, they were really lame. There were no young (mid 20s) people around.

The beach was clean, but they were building a break wall while we were there. The long stretch of beach here is plenty for the huge resort. It was never packed.

The casino here is average. There are table games, but the dealers weren't the best. I saw a few things happen that would have gotten some one kicked out of a Vegas casino. Tons of slot machines.

Overall, the trip here was fun. The rooms were nice, but it took forever to get across the resort to it. The food is great. There aren't many nighttime activities for younger people. The beach is clean and not busy, and the casino does its job.

I would love to go back here.

Room Tip: Ocean view was great, but they're the farthest billings to get to from the main building. It'...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
HRHCPuntaCana, Manager at Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Punta Cana, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Hey there Sidney K, thanks soo much for the wonderful review you’ve given us!! We were pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay this past March! We were pleased to read that you enjoyed the food in our different restaurants and our lovely beach! We would love to welcome you and your friends back where the fun doesn’t stop!! TAKE TIME TO BE KIND.
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

We have stayed at many all inclusive resorts before in luxury hotels but this tops them all!
It is perfect for anyone, couples, families and caters well for children too (we are a childless couple and had no problems with it not being adults only as there are 2 separate pools just for children!)
The staff absolutely make your holiday one to remember, they are all so friendly and good fun and we only have positive comments about all of them but we must give a special shout out to our girls (and boy) at the Eden Pool - Solanye, Johanna, Juana, Juan and Maribel who waited on us all day every day as we found Eden (adults only) to be the best pool, however we only tried 5 out of the 15!
We stayed in block 5b - I would say this or 4b are the best for location - right by the lobby.
The rooms are AWESOME - we stayed in the Caribbean Suite and why someone would need to upgrade I have no idea, luxury bathroom, suite with hot tub and huge balcony.
The only small niggle would be the noise at night from the maids walkie talkies (I suggest wear an ear piece to resolve this) and guests in the corridor.
The hotel is so clean, unbelievably clean for such a large resort.
As you will know, the hotel is huge but this is a positive not a negative as some are stating - the carts come around every 2 minutes to take you around the beautiful grounds, dropping you at your room, lobby, beach, pool of your choice and restaurant, so why people moan, I have no idea!
It is so big, it creates heaps to do and see so you don't have to leave the hotel for 2 weeks.
There are outdoor activities (inc horseback riding, segway, mini golf, golf, tennis, football, basketball, water sports and meany more) as well as indoor fun such as pool, arcade, casino, theatre, nightclub, bars, coffee shops, bakeries, spa, delis, shops, ice cream parlours and restaurants to name a few of the main ones.
The hotel would be described as a token Las Vegas hotel but everything being all inclusive - winner, all drinks are brand name including your mini bar with 1l bottles of JD, Tequilla, Bacardi and Vodka restocked daily!
Food is AMAZING - the buffets can sometimes go a little cold if left out, but just go to the fresh section and have your meats/fish cooked in front of you.
All the restaurants are great but Zen wins overall and the Mexican was probably our least fave.
The spa was the best I have ever had (beating any I have had in Vegas) and only cost $40 for facial and massage (2 hours worth) by using the resort credits - do not leave this hotel without using this facility at such a great price.
Beach is beautiful too - could be windy sometimes so we preferred the pool, sea really choppy but everyone had good fun jumping the waves, but you can't really swim.
The whole experience here was amazing and definitely 5* for service and quality, we always say we would never return to the same destination again with so much of the world to see, but we would make an exception for Hard Rock Punta Cana! Book it now, don't even think about it or listen to the negative reviews.

Room Tip: Room 5492 was lovely, situated in block 5b with perfect view and was perfect if you want to be close...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
We loved reading your review, lindaandstitch, you definitely know how to have fun!!! We were happy to read that you enjoyed our many activities and the service of our Hard Rockers. The Eden pool is a great place with great vibe and some awesome Hard Rockers like Juan, Solanye, Johanna, Maribel and Juana who made sure you were wanting for nothing! We feel honored that you’re planning on coming back again, we hope it’s soon! SAVE THE PLANET.
Silver Spring, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

My 3rd stay and 1st for my friends. I had talked it up but was a little disappointed this go around. Staff are friendly and great as usual. The room was also great; nice lux mattress / pillows, and clean. Had a few issues with room temp food and hard bread. The biggest issue was bug in spa (I had to downgrade cleanliness due to this). Hopefully just a fluke and they will get issue fixed. Had a good time overall.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Hard Rock Hotels & Casinos

We were dismayed to read that we didn’t blow you away on your third visit, Carolyn D J. While we’re glad our Hard Rockers were great, we were dismayed to read that you had some issues with the food. Rest assured that our Executive Chef has been made aware of your remarks and so is our Maintenance Manager. We would love to have the chance of rolling out the Red Carpet for you once more. LOVE ALL, SERVE ALL.
Oakville, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

We arrived Dec14-Dec21. This is one of the best all inclusive resorts that we have ever visited. The food quality compares to what you get at a Beaches or Sandals resorts. We hardly had any wait times for the restaurants. The quality of the room was exceptional.

Make sure you are firm with the time share sales people. We opted not to purchase after a 90 minute sales presentation. We were given $200 to use at the spa and two free tickets for the nightclub ORO at Hard Rock and another small gift for attending the presentation. It was worth it for us.

There are only two tennis courts, but the on-site tennis pro Jose was fantastic. For $30 an hour he will give you a great workout and help you with your game.

I started off each morning of my holiday with a great tennis workout.

The staff are very friendly and welcoming and the service was excellent. Great for families. Beautiful resort.

We will definitely be returning.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Hey there Robert B, we think you Rock too!! It was nice to have you and your family in our hotel! We were happy to find out that you enjoyed the food in our restaurants and the quality of your suite, fit for a Rock Star like you! Thanks for the kudos to Jose who made sure you got your game going while you were with us! We can’t wait for your next visit, we hope it’s really soon! ALL IS ONE.

Been to Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Punta Cana? Share your experiences!