It's a brief review but to the point we honeymooned here in October 2012! A long while ago but it was a good hotel if a little impersonal but that's down to the size of the place. That said they have shops and a casino in the resort and the fact that it's music based (loosely) sold it to us being rockers and all! We travelled with our 1 and half year old and she enjoyed herself even managing to sleep on our lap when watching the house band in the Moon Lounge of an evening! They play a variety of covers AC/DC, etc not any hair metal much to my disappointment.....well only if you count Bon Jovi. Staff always nice and always pick up a few favourites along the way especially Dario in the buffet restaurant, always sorted us out with cartons of milk for our daughter and always a friendly smiling face (for the English he looks like Rob Earnshaw the Welsh footballer!) Anyway the room was fantastic with a large Jacuzzi bath in the bedroom and double showers so we could all shower together!!! The beach was great but our daughter didn't like the sand on her feet back then so we stayed around the pools of which there were 15 so enough choice for anyone. The a la carte restaurants were ok a bit hit and miss and maybe we enjoyed the Italian the most but that varied in quality and we tried it 3 times. I prefer buffets as with small children you can normally find something they will eat and it's always fun to try a few different things. This was our 2nd time in Punta Cana, the first was at the Riu Palace Punta Cana and we are due to fly out there again in October 2013 to go to the Gran Bahia Luxury Esmeralda.....can't wait! WE would most definitely stay at the Hard Rock again not least as it was our honeymoon and the memories are great. All places could be better or need improvements in some areas but it's what you make it in the main. So 4/5 is fair, although it may have changed since we were there it's still a great place to go!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 1,787 room Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Punta Cana is situated on pristine sugar white sands stretching 121-acres along Macao Beach in the Dominican Republic. Hard Rock’s first all inclusive hotel and casino exudes lavish five-star amenities and personal service to create the ultimate rock star getaway. Among the resort’s many offerings are luxe accommodations, the signature Rock Spa®, 18-hole Nicklaus designed golf course, iconic music memorabilia and a larger-than-life Vegas-style casino – the largest in the Dominican Republic, featuring Oro nightclub. Guests also enjoy 15 expansive pools, four swim-up bars, a kids pool and lazy river. A variety of gourmet dining options are available through the resort’s nine restaurants, with Mansion by Simon by the famed Rock n Roll Chef Kerry Simon, set to open in 2013. The property also features more than 65,000 square-feet of flexible event and meeting space. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Amex, Expedia, Sabre Hospitality Solutions , Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., BookIt.com, Tingo, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hard Rock Hotel And Casino Punta Cana
- Moon Palace Hotel
- Moon Palace Resort All Inclusive