Sorry for such a long review but here it goes...Prior to arriving at the Hard Rock i was reading other peoples reviews on the hotel and i was a bit nervous. I am happy to say that we enjoyed our stay at the resort. The resort is large, but there are shuttle buses all day long. Once you know your way around it is pretty easy. My husband and I traveled with our 2 children (age 2 and 7). Resort is child friendly (stroller/handicapp accessible). We stayed in building 7B, 3rd floor. Great building to have easy access to the children's pool area, and main lobby. Third floor connects to most buildings. Our room was in excellent condition, we did have to wait for the room to be ready, but that is not uncommon with hotels. Staff was very nice. Breakfast and lunch was not that great, but dinners were excellent. We ate at Toro (steakhouse) twice cause it was so good. Zen was excellent and was Los Gallos. Ipanema was just okay, the salad bar wasn't that great.
We mostly stayed at the kids pool area. Bartender Benito was great. My daughter had an awesome time on the slides. She also went to the kids club one night (her choice) and she had a blast! The staff was very friendly and nice. We took the kids to see the Big Kids Club Live Show and it was very cute. They enjoyed it.
So after all my positive comments, here comes some negative comments and suggestions...
Hotel needs to have a conceirge desk...instead of waiting in the check in/out line to ask questions or directions they need someone standing at a booth to help assist you on were to go. They need to be able to understand and speak English, amongst other languages. Maid service was good, the only comment i have about that is at the night turndown service they need to leave fresh towels for the prior day. Do not waste your time on taking the tour, they are trying to sell you into their timeshare. In my opinion i don't think it is a very good deal. Also the hotel resort credit is a joke!!! Don't book your vacation thinking you are getting something for nothing. It's not true. They charge you 50 resort credits, plus you pay the 16% tax for a magnent which you can buy at the store across the hall for $5.00. Also nothing to do with the resort but when you arrive at the airport each person needs to pay $10 to get into the Country.
Overall we had a great time and would recommend to take your family for an inexpensive all inclusive vacation. We rented a golf cart for the day...the price is $150 plus a $25 key retainer, which you get back when you return the key...defintely worth it...kids and parents had a blast.
- Also Known As:
- Hard Rock Hotel And Casino Punta Cana
- Moon Palace Hotel
- Moon Palace Resort All Inclusive
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 1,787 room Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Punta Cana is situated on pristine sugar white sands stretching 121-acres along Macao Beach in the Dominican Republic. Hard Rock’s first all inclusive hotel and casino exudes lavish five-star amenities and personal service to create the ultimate rock star getaway. Among the resort’s many offerings are luxe accommodations, the signature Rock Spa®, 18-hole Nicklaus designed golf course, iconic music memorabilia and a larger-than-life Vegas-style casino – the largest in the Dominican Republic, featuring Oro nightclub. Guests also enjoy 15 expansive pools, four swim-up bars, a kids pool and lazy river. A variety of gourmet dining options are available through the resort’s nine restaurants, with Mansion by Simon by the famed Rock n Roll Chef Kerry Simon, set to open in 2013. The property also features more than 65,000 square-feet of flexible event and meeting space. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Sabre Hospitality Solutions , Booking.com, Amex, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Expedia, Tingo, Otel, Fareportal , Venere and Agoda so you can book your Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.