The beach – Very beautiful but water is way too rough to for kids under 13.
Food - The restaurants had a 30 - 60 min dinner wait and the food was a C+ at best. The Toro Steak House had the longest wait and the worst food service. Our kid's dinners where brought out 15 minutes before the adults. I returned my skirt steak because of the extra salt they used in cooking it.
The buffets were ok but it was a shame that for all that money you spend, the restaurants were average at best. The décor was nice but that is the only positive thing I can say.
Tours- I can only say beware!! Using the hotel services we booked an excursion to off-roading but when we came the next day we were required to do a 90 min tour of condos for sale.
If you decide to do the "swim with the dolphins" I recommend you
DO NOT USE DOLPHIN EXPLORER.
When you book the tour, the smile and tell you that it four hours but in reality it is close to 7hrs - a whole day. Dolphin time is about 20 mins and the rest of the time is stupid bird shows and waiting around in the heat. Kids hadn't eaten since breakfast and it was almost 7pm when we returned
Pool - The pools were nice but ran out of towels towards the end of the day. The towel guy wouldn’t give me a new set of towels and told me to dry them in the sun.
- Also Known As:
- Hard Rock Hotel And Casino Punta Cana
- Moon Palace Hotel
- Moon Palace Resort All Inclusive
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 1,787 room Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Punta Cana is situated on pristine sugar white sands stretching 121-acres along Macao Beach in the Dominican Republic. Hard Rock’s first all inclusive hotel and casino exudes lavish five-star amenities and personal service to create the ultimate rock star getaway. Among the resort’s many offerings are luxe accommodations, the signature Rock Spa®, 18-hole Nicklaus designed golf course, iconic music memorabilia and a larger-than-life Vegas-style casino – the largest in the Dominican Republic, featuring Oro nightclub. Guests also enjoy 15 expansive pools, four swim-up bars, a kids pool and lazy river. A variety of gourmet dining options are available through the resort’s nine restaurants, with Mansion by Simon by the famed Rock n Roll Chef Kerry Simon, set to open in 2013. The property also features more than 65,000 square-feet of flexible event and meeting space. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Booking.com, Hotels.com, Amex, Priceline, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Prestigia, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Tingo, Fareportal , Otel and Jetsetter so you can book your Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.