“Paradise in Punta Cana” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Punta Cana

Save Saved
You added Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Punta Cana to your Saves list
Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Punta Cana
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Blvd. Turistico del Este, km 28, Punta Cana 74, Dominican Republic   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
35% OFF + $1,800 CREDIT
Ranked #24 of 100 Hotels in Punta Cana
New York
“Paradise in Punta Cana”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

My husband and I went to the Hard Rock Punta Cana in January for 6 nights. We were having such an amazing time that we extended our trip for 2 additional nights. Our room was the Caribbean Suite, which is the least expensive room and it was terrific. Fully stocked mini bar, two person jacuzzi, king size bed and a view of the gardens. We loved every restaurant except for the Italian. Being Italian ourselves, we are very picky with that type of food but the Japanese, Mexican, Steakhouse, Brazilian Steakhouse, buffet restaurants, coffee bar and dessert shop, along with the deli were all wonderful. Service was more than expected for an all inclusive especially during the day at the pool. I especially loved the pool area that had the slides and lazy river. Most of the time this was filled with children but when that happened, there were over 10 other pools, some with swim up bars to go to, so we never lacked for a pool or the sun. The waitresses work really hard serving cocktails all day and most have a genuine smile to greet you with. The beach was equally beautiful but sometimes was a little rough due to the weather. They had plenty of chairs and huts on the beach. Their nightly entertainment was the best I have ever been to in the caribbean including their amazing casino and club "oro". My husband's favorite was the kareoke bar where he sang nightly before leaving to play Texas Holdem.
We loved this resort, would recommend it to anyone, from singles, couples, families, golfers and gamblers.

Room Tip: If you want a room close to the beach, the Caribbean Sand Suite is good. If you want a room closer t...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
HRHCPuntaCana, Manager at Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Punta Cana, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Hey doglady04 thanks for the comments, we are so glad you had a great time with us!! We’re happy that you enjoyed your stay so much that you extended your stay to two additional days!!! It’s awesome to know that you loved your room and all the amenities such as the mini bar and the Jacuzzi. We’re delighted to know you were able to give your taste buds something different every time you went to one of our restaurants. Thanks for the awesome shout out to our Hard Rockers! It makes us happy that you’re taking the time to acknowledge them; they put in lots of hard work to ensure our guests leave with Rockin’ memories. It looks like you’re a kid at heart if you enjoyed our Kid’s Pool and our Lazy River the most out of all of our 14 pools which is cool!! We’re delighted you got to roll the dice in our Casino and went to bust a move in our Oro nightclub. Feel free to come and stay with us anytime in our paradisiacal Punta Cana!! TAKE TIME TO BE KIND.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,319)
  • Korean first
Hanover, Pennsylvania

Spotless, friendly, beautiful.
Really enjoyed ourselves here.
Beach was great, not crowded with kids (ideal to go in March)
ocean was warm swimmable and calm, yet last 2 days the waves were too rough to go in deeper then your waste.
Like usual if you need a hut or umbrella to be under on the beach, from the sun, it is almost impossible to be found unless you put a towel on a chair around 6am, which apparently means you own it for life or until you remove your towel.

Rooms were great and spotless, bathroom/showers were very large and roomy,
Doors are seriously heavey and thick, only heard people outside our room in the halls ways, when they wanted to be heard (drunks screaming).
BUT whrillpool did not work (room 4322), which was very dissappointing after the tub was filled and ready for use.

Gifts of a small bottle of wine and a bigger bottle of champange were on the table when we arrived, along with small treats every day after cleaning.

My wife loved the room service, and each person that delivered it were exceptionally nice and friendly.

Resort is large, gotten bikes to ride around one morning. Bikes were in need of serious TLC. Rideable and I didnt complain, but I've thrown away nicer bikes then the resort had to use.

Pools are every where, they were crystal clean and very clean and well taken care of.
You could get out of one pool walk 25 yards and get in another.

I cant remember the names of any of the restaturants, but we ate eveywhere and I had no complaints. Most didnt taste like home, but I didnt expect it too, or I would have stayed home and eaten.

I would recommend this place to anyone and I would go back in a minute.

I wish I would have had a Fender guitar delivered to the room, but didnt really have time to play it. But maybe next time.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
HRHCPuntaCana, Manager at Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Punta Cana, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Hi Jewildasin, we're so grateful you chose to come and stay here and want to come back again!! That's what our hard work is for! We’re delighted to know you loved our stunning beach and found it to be very spacious. It truly is important for us to know you liked the room you stayed at. We’re delighted that you enjoyed eating in all of our different a-la carte restaurants and found the food to be wonderful. We love how much you love us and we love you right back!!! Be sure to come back to our hotel. Thank you for your awesome comments and we look forward to see you again around here. Our hotel and casino really does ROCK!
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Property: beautiful vegetation, landscaping is gorgeous. This resort is VERY big, so be ready to do A LOT of walking. They do have shuttles that will come around and pick you up all the time, but if you don’t want to wait on them be ready to make a hike to wherever you’re going!
Pools: There are several pools at this property with several swim up bars. I really enjoyed the fact that they usually had one pool that had music and loud entertainment and then other pools were a little quieter. Great for people that want some flexibility. Never had any problems getting a chair or towels!
Beach: AMAZING, the waves and current were a little strong, but it didn’t bother me as I spent most of my time laying out! I did have a few friends that got in and they actually thought the big waves were a lot of fun!
Rooms: Probably the best thing about this property. The rooms were just stunning! Nice 2 person hot tub in the middle of the room. The beds were like lying on a cloud and the mini bar was stocked daily. The shower was a two person one with double shower heads!
Food: Every place we ate here was delicious….even 2 am quesadillas and nachos. We tried to eat at every place but hands down my favorite was Toro steakhouse. I ordered the Ribeye steak medium and it was better than some of the nice steak houses I have been to. I have read a few reviews of people complaining the food was bad, honestly these people must be crazy as I never had one bad meal!
Casino: Spent a lot of time in here. Had a great time and won a little money. My friend won $1300 on a penny slot the 2nd night we were there. We were all a little jealous!
Shopping: I have never been to a destination that the shopping was as high as in Punta Cana. I wish we would’ve had more time to go into the market and pick up a few things, but there wasn’t much that I really wanted to buy except the coffee (YUM)

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
It delights us to learn that you enjoyed your time with us jayhaw0510, visiting our pools, our nine restaurants and our awesome casino! You truly are a Rock Star! We’re pleased to know that you enjoyed our beautiful grounds and our many pools. They all have a different mood to it so that is pretty wicked!! We’re delighted to hear you were able to enjoy our breathtaking beach and got to lie in the sun for a while. It’s great to know you enjoyed the room you were appointed with all the amenities that comes along with it. We're so glad you enjoyed visiting all of our different restaurants and trying them all. You’re not the only Rock Star that thinks Toro is awesome many think the same way as you, so we guess we’re doing a pretty good job there!!! Our Casino is the biggest one around, certainly we wish everyone could win, and hope they do. But yes, the casino is for entertainment purposes, all guests are encouraged to have fun first! :) We hope you win big next time! Be sure to visit us again so we can Rock your socks off again!!! SAVE THE PLANET.
Houston, TX
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Today is our last day at the Hard Rock, Punta Cana, and we are very ready to get back home. We have been here for a week for Spring Break with our 12 and 15 year old (girl and boy). There are a few pros and lots of cons. The resort appears online and upon first impressions to be really nice. However, once you are here, it is quite different. The beach is really beautiful. Most of the staff on the grounds and in the restaurants are very nice and work very hard.

HOWEVER...the food is terrible. I have never wanted to do all-inclusive, but thought we should give it a try, since that seems to be what the majority of hotels offer here. Every night the wait is 1 1/2 hour and the food is really bad. Fish is not fresh. Buffets that are like cafeteria food. It is Hard Rock ordering mass food for mass crowds instead of taking advantage of the fresh ingredients I'm sure this country has to offer. The only restaurant we have found to be decent is Zen. It is Japanese and they cook the food at your table, so you at least know it is fresh. Drinks are weak and limited as to what you can order. No fresh fruit in drinks, just flavoring.

As far as the room...we have a "hot tub" in our room. Basically, it is the bath tub for the room. It is a jacuzzi style, and both times we have tried to use it, there are bugs in it. At first we thought it was rust coming from the jets, but upon closer inspection the black specks have legs and are swimming. So, I have no idea where it is coming from. Our a/c rattles like plates on a train every night. We never have enough towels. My son is on a rollaway. One night we called to ask for a comforter, which they had left at turn down service on previous nights. First they brought some itchy brown blanket. When I showed him what we were asking for, he never came back. I called 3 times. Then, they brought sheets. Finally, after the 4th call and it was midnight, they brought a comforter. We have been ordering coffee from room service each morning. Half the time it is cold and they don't bring anything to stir it with.

I made a reservation at the salon for my daughter to get her hair braided. We decided to cancel because a local lady on the beach did it for half the price. When I called to cancel, they said I had to cancel in person. It is a 15 minute walk to the salon. You have to cancel within 24 hours, or you will be charged. I tried to cancel that evening, but they were closed. I had to get up the next morning and practically run to make it on time, then I had to fill out a bunch of paperwork in order to be "refunded" as they had charged it when I made the reservation.

There is a little store where you can get souvenirs and toiletries. I tried to buy toothpaste one night. They told me they could not do a room charge. They were "closed" for room charges but could take cash or credit card. That didn't make much sense, so after my husband asked to speak to the manager, they reluctantly did the room charge - with no problem. The next night they did the same thing when I tried to buy aloe vera for my daughter's sunburn. I think it takes a little more effort maybe to do the room charge?? I have no idea.

We are supposed to play putt putt golf today. I guess we will see if they are open. It is a long hike over there and no one seems to know if they are open. They "think" they may be replacing the carpet. I'm not sure how it is Spring Break and no one knows if it is open. I'm sure there will be more things to comment on before we leave, but I decided to go ahead and submit the review now, so when I get home we can forget about it and move on.

This is probably a good place for college kids. They can get all the can eat and drink, and hang out on the beach/pools with their friends. I think I would have probably liked this when I was 20, but for $4000 I expect more now.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear CKTM, we apologize if you feel we did not meet your expectations this time around and certainly welcome your comments as tools for continued improvement in our hotel. We’re very sorry to hear that you didn’t enjoy the food that was provided in our hotel. All of our ingredients are indeed fresh and we don’t order food since we make everything here in the hotel and everything is freshly made, we apologize if it felt otherwise. Similarly, we want you to accept our most sincere apologies on regards of you filling up so much paperwork when canceling an appointment; we want you to keep in mind that since it was done with the resort credit for them to refund the credits back to you they needed confirmation of you canceling the appointment. We hope that you were able to enjoy playin’ like a Rock Star in our Mini Golf and that you enjoyed that experience. We hope that you’ll continue to give us opportunities to serve you and show you the true level of service we insist upon at our hotel. LOVE ALL, SERVE ALL.
Cancun
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I stayed in this hotel in a business trip and I can say rooms are just great, spacious, comfortable, they have their own Jacuzzi, the bathroom is huge, it counts with two showers, lovely.
Since it's all inclusive you can go anywhere and eat anything you want anytime, there are 6 or 7 restaurants in there to choose from, I recomend you to go to the specialty restaurant like the Italian restaurant and the pizzeto.
They provide Dominican beer, Dominican rum and many other drinks at the lobby, at the pool and at the casino.
It's a quit big hotel so there are some golf cars to bring you back and forth.
At night there is a bar with a rock band which is very good, they have karaoke too.
I don't know exactly the prices of staying there but I think that if your plan is satying in the hotel most of vacation and not go out much, this is a good option, if you or your party likes to eat and drink, this will be a good option too.
I read about some activities like theater little golf but I never tried anything.
I guess the casino is very relaxed you don't have to dress up or anything.
The beach is very nice, the waves are huge though so if you are not a good swimmer don't even try to go far, stay in the shallow area.
This hotel is about 45min from Punta Cana airport.
Service is ALWAYS nice and friendly.

Room Tip: Higher room, better view.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
It was GREAT having you in our hotel Raul L!! Thank you for taking the time to review us on your recent stay. We’re excited to know that you liked the band Revolver that jams out in our Sun Bar. We do have many activities and we encourage you to try them on your next visit. It makes us happy to learn that you liked the restaurants you went to especially our Ciao and Pizzeto restaurants and our Dominican rum and beer. We’re happy you liked the service provided by our Hard Rockers they go above and beyond to ensure that you leave with an unforgettable experience. We appreciate and value your feedback and hope to have you back soon!!! ALL IS ONE.
Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

This is my first review on Trip Advisor although I've been on many vacations over the years and rely heavily on the reviews I read here. I felt compelled to write this one upon returning from HR on March 13th.

The rooms were lovely. We stayed in 4A - 4115 & 4117 - two rooms that adjoined - which worked out well for us. Upon check-in - there seemed to be a lot of confusion about whether they could accommodate adjoining rooms. Initially we were down the hall from each other, then one room separating us, then tried to upgrade us for $300 MORE per night (after having already paid for two rooms) - having young kids - all of these options were unacceptable to us. Finally one hour later, they magically found us adjoining rooms but one wasn't cleaned yet. Fine, we'll take it...no problem! We were very pleased.

My husband and i were travelling with our 3 kids ages 3-9 and my sisters family (2 kids age 3-15). Unfortunately, the kids club was only eligible for kids aged 4+. It wasn't until after we booked that we realized that our young kids could not go to the club...the website offered no info on this and neither did our travel agent. This was our fault for not inquiring specifically. It was not a huge deal but it would have been nice. Even our 9 yr old didn't feel like there were many organized activities going on for her age group. She still had fun.

We found the resort very big - maybe too big for families with little kids. Now that I know, I would ask to be in the building closest to the kiddie pool which is building 8. I figure its quieter too because only families would request to be there. Sadly, they don't seem to consider this even though they see you checking in with kids. Luckily we brought strollers. which helped with all the lugging back and forth. I personally didn't mind walking but when the kids are hungry or tired, its a bit much.

Bring BUG SPRAY. I was terribly bitten as were my kids. Mosquitos and 'noseeums' were in our rooms at night waiting to feast. I reacted and had to purchase calamine and bug spray $36US. They do not sell BENADRYL so bring it if you react to bug bites.

Service at the restaurants was great. Food was pretty good. What you would expect. Zen and Toro for dinner and Isla for breakfast. The coffee is good, the wine was decent - just specify your preferences.

Towels at the pool were ridiculous. We are a family of 5 and could rarely get a towel for each of us. Lucky to get 2. Often they ran out. There are no washcloths - we received one for the whole week.

Watch out for the photo shoots with the Kodak people. its not always clear what you pay when using those "resort credits" (which is a bit of a sham). The spa was incredible.

One of the best spas I've been to. Rosario was awesome masseuse.

You hear a lot of noise in the hallways, people talking and partying so bring your ear plugs. Housekeeping is great, bar restocking happens only when they catch you in the room.

The outdoor grill was nice - your standard hot dogs, burgers, nachos and squeeze cheese sauce but could have been so much more. The bar in the kiddie pool area was alcohol-free which we had to work around by bringing a few cold beers from our room to enjoy.

Water pressure in the showers and toilets were not good although the rooms and bathrooms were lovely and spacious.

To "activate" your resort credits, you go to the main building where they give you some information about the resort and then try to send you to a timeshare presentation for a few extra credits. We passed. It all felt very sneaky. Mini golf cost $35 per round per person. All-inclusive? Not. Also had to pay $10 for the 'hamster balls'.

The beach is beautiful but the ocean is very rough. Many red flag warning days and you couldn't let little ones go out alone but playing in the beautiful sand was fun.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Hey there Ellejay204, we’re glad to know that you chose to visit our hotel for your next family vacation! We’re very sorry for the inconvenience you had with your room assigning even though everything worked out well at the end. we are delighted to know that you enjoyed eating at our different restaurants during your stay especially our Zen, Toro and Isla restaurants. Our spa is indeed a perfect escape if you’re looking for a place to relax a blow off some steam away with getting a massage. We’ll be sure to let Rosario from the Rock Spa know that she took great care of you during your massage. It’s great to hear that you enjoyed the outdoor grill with hot dog, hamburgers and more. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you all back to our hotel since sun, sand and surf is what awaits you here!!!! TAKE TIME TO BE KIND.
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I was SO excited to be going to the Hard Rock and I will give you my pros and cons of my vacation - I was traveling with 2 families - we had 3 rooms - the 4 teenage girls had there own room -
ROOMS - Absolutely beautiful - very large with a king size bed and we had a big balcony and a hot tub in our room -- but the best part was the shower - it was HUGE

After reading other trip advisor posts I requested building 4B or 5B -(we were given 5B, which in my opinion is better than 4B) - you are CLOSE to everything - you can walk to the gym, the spa, the restaurants, the beach etc - loved the location - be sure to CHECK your rooms (if you can) prior to your trip because if you are travelling with teens and you are in gods country in a building near the beach, it is a trek to go and look for them

BEACH - Drop dead gorgeous - we had a butler (Vicente) - LOVED him and every morning he would set up our chairs on the beach - if you do not have a butler, no worries - there really are plenty of chairs on the beach - I loved the tiki huts because I like shade every now and then so if you want a hut you should get up at 8am and reserve them - towels are given out at 9am - every day was sunny and beautiful

FOOD - okay here is where my review gets really BAD - if Hard Rock could find a way to have better food in there restaurants they would have stellar ratings
DO NOT GO TO ISLA - very bad - and what a shame - it is right on the beach - the seafood was not fresh - the lunch buffet was TERRIBLE - they ran out of chicken everyday - keep in mind that 4 out of 8 of us GOT SICK - bring pepto bismol if you can it is very expensive in the gift shop - I NEVER EVER get sick but I ate something that did not agree with me - (it did not ruin my vacation though - definitely go to Isla for breakfast - I loved every morning eating outside and having my coffee looking at the water - also the marketplace was great too for breakfast

TORO - we had dinner there the first night and it was good - not great - then we had dinner there our 4th night there again and the air conditioner broke and we got our meal at 1030pm and we were seated at 8pm -

MEXICAN - surprisingly VERY GOOD - I am not a Mexican fan but the food was fresh and the service was GREAT and the entertainment was fun (they had three guys playing guitars going from table to table singing)

ZEN - Japanese steak house where they cook in front of you - OMG - WAY WAY too much salt - the chef takes a bottle of soy sauce and mixes it with the steak and shrimp - of course its gonna taste good - the teen girls loved it - the meat was VERY TOUGH

We went to the Brazilian steak house also (I forget the name) - again - LOTS of meat and it was okay

We ate at the Italian restaurant twice and that was pretty good also

PLEASE READ - make sure you keep checking your points - we ordered a bottle of wine at dinner that should have been 100 points (Robert Mondavi) - wine is free but you can use your points for a better bottle - when I got my bill when I was checking out of the hotel there was a $120 charge for a bottle of wine - when I asked why, they told me I ran out of points - of course that was not true- I AM NOT KIDDING - it took one hour to resolve this problem and have the $120 removed from my bill on check out - they must have made 40 phone calls - so if you have a plane to catch and there is any mistakes with your bill - allow sufficient time to resolve the problem

Use your points for the spa - me and my husband had a couples massage in the outside tikI huts - it was GREAT -

Someone gave us FREE passes to go into the Disco - it is $30 per person to get in - (it is not part of the all inclusive) - I went in with my husband and danced ALL night - they had a great DJ

CASINO - We spent an hour in the casino every night - I am not a big gambler - I won 100 bucks at the roulette table one night

They are in the process of building a mini golf course which looks nice - my husband and my friend played golf using their points and said the course was beautiful

All and all it was a good trip but I wish the food were better

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
HRHCPuntaCana, Manager at Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Punta Cana, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Glad that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us catrina717 and that you received exceptional service from our Hard Rockers. We are happy to hear that you had such an enjoyable experience with the two families at our hotel and got to do so many things in our different venues. Thanks for the wicked shout out to Vicente, this guy is great always making sure that our Rock Star have a good time. We’re terribly sorry for the inconveniences encountered with the food we’ve gotten in contact with our Food & Beverage Director so we can enhance our food preparations. Be sure to pay us another visit soon so we can Rock your socks!!

Been to Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Punta Cana? Share your experiences!