“Best honeymoon” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Punta Cana

Save Saved
You added Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Punta Cana to your Saves list
Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Punta Cana
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Blvd. Turistico del Este, km 28, Punta Cana 74, Dominican Republic   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
No work ALL PLAY. 35% OFF
Ranked #24 of 101 hotels in Punta Cana
“Best honeymoon”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012 via mobile

Great rooms with hot tubs
Fun casino
Great entertainment at night and at the pool
Food was awesome
Fabulous party like atmosphere
Great beach. Loved the beach service
Great variety if pools
Made our honeymoon the best ever!!!!

• Stayed August 2012
Shannon_Bowerman, Customer Care at Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Punta Cana, responded to this review, December 15, 2012
Hello chazzy8, Thank you for the short and sweet review of your honeymoon. We are glad that you chose to celebrate such a special event with us. It is great that you enjoyed the room, food and atmosphere. We hope you will come back and rock with us again soon. LOVE ALL SERVE ALL.

8,578 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,272)
  • Korean first
Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

My husband and I returned for another trip here in the beginning of Dec. It was nice to see familiar faces and even better when they remember you. There are certain places in the resort that you can tell are wearing with time/use, whatever you want to call it, but they try to keep it nice and clean.
Restaurants: We really liked the food and service at Toro (steakhouse) and Zen (chinese). Ipanema was closed for maintenance, but when we went there last year we enjoyed that as well. Los Gallos was pretty average for mexican cuisine (nothing to write home about), but good nonetheless. The Market is typical for a buffet. The pizzeria has yummy pizza and salads! So for us, we recommend Zen and Toro!
Service: Everyone we encountered was super friendly and helpful. We went to Eden Pool everyday and Juan and Emilio are awesome!! Solanye is a great server as well. You need to go see Lenny and Ingrid at Must. The drinks and pastries are great and nice to see friendly faces!
Spa: AMAZING!! (enough said)

I could only give 4 stars this time as there was an incident that left me a little unsettled. Eden Pool is an adult-only pool (European-style) so I get that. Even though rarely do you see topless people, that would not bother me. My complaint is when a male guest paraded around for several hours completely nude! Ok, funny haha for a few minutes, but once he started his antics of rubbing up on a woman standing at the bar or continuously bothering an elderly lady in the pool, people started leaving. Approximately 20 folks left and it wasn't until we started to leave that any wait staff asked him to wrap a towel around himself. He went and passed out for an hour or so, which was a nice reprieve for us all, but then once he woke up it all started again. Nobody could enjoy the pool and it made many people quite uncomfortable! It would have been nice if the staff (that knew many people were upset by this) would have told him either to keep his clothes on or to leave. Shame on them!

Other than that....we had a good time!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Shannon_Bowerman, Customer Care at Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Punta Cana, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Hello Beachseekers_WA, We are happy that you had a good time with us, and were able to see some familiar faces. We are glad that you enjoyed our many restaurants, and the service provided by our staff at Eden pool and Must.

We would like to apologize for any inconveniences you may have experienced. You can be sure that this is a very important matter for us, and our Management Team and Quality Department are already working on the necessary retraining of our staff in order to ensure that the correct action is immediately taken, should a similar event occur in the future.

We hope that you will come back and visit us again on your next trip to Punta Cana. LOVE ALL SERVE ALL.
Blackpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

Weeks coming up to the holiday i read reviews everyday and was abit worried as there was a lot of negative reviews which i noticed was from mostly Americans - DO NOT LISTEN !!!

When we arrived i new we had to pay $10 to enter the country which was no problem we then got send to another desk where he gave us another form and said please fill this in but then quietly said if youy give me $5 pp you wont have to, but after a 10 hour flight journey i just wanted to get to my hotel so we paid and he let us straight through ( most other people was getting charged different amounts so make sure they dont con you)

When waiting for our luggage there was alot of staff waiting to help which i knew from reading the reviews, soon as our bags came we just told them we were fine its ok and took are own luggage. We then realised if you do go with one of the staff you wont have to que up for the secuirty bag check so its best to go with them and tip even $1 !!

When we pulled up to the hotel it was AMAZING and so big!!! We waited to check in which did take a few minutes waiting but we was sorted in no time. The staff are very helpful and can speak good English. When we got to our room we had 3604 which was perfect. Jacuzzi in the room, big balcony, fridge stocked up with Champaigne, Beers, Coke, Water, double headed shower, his and hers sings and a big king size bed which was sooo comfortable.

We ate at all the restaurants there and our favourite was Ipeanaemia and Zen. The food quality was very high and tasted so good. It feels like your eating out at different restaurants each night which is very good.

Each night we got an itinary posed through the door, our beds turned down with chocolates on the bed. This hotel is one of the cleanist hotels ive stayed in everyday the staff would clean the pools and the hotel even our room got cleaned 3 times a day and we was never in there.

We liked going to The Sun bar after we had enough sun and have a few drinks - Kir Royal you have to try. The Moon bar was also good at night with the live band which also played by the pool on a Saturday. Then we would head into the casino and stay there til close which is about 3:30/4am !!!
We went to all the pools whilst we was there and our favourite was Bongo Pool and 1 on the beach front with the pool bar and music.
We did a few excursions the Buggie Excursion - where you go through the junle go to a little hut where they show you how they make coffee and cigars and carv orniments out of stone, then take you to a cave where you can jump in then onto the beach and go in the sea - I really enjoyed this experience as you got too see abit of culture also it was SO much fun but prepare to get dirty.
Samona Island Excurision - This was one of the best days ive ever had. It started off with a 2hour coach journey but it went so quick as they was talking about the culture and Dominican. We got to the beach where we got on a catermaran, they had music and free alcohol and had people dancing. We was on there for about 2 hours before we stopped off at the a beach. The sea was gorgous and warm and we had a BBQ and more free drinks. After we had been on that island we got on a speedboat and stopped off in the middle of the sea and swam with the star fish – This was amazing!! .. it was shallow water so don’t worry. We then stopped off at another island where little shops and more drink, then back on the speedboat to the coach.

I would DEFINATLY recommend this hotel, and will DEFINATLY be back !!!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Hello Louise C, Thank you for the outstanding review. We are thrilled that you had an amazing experience in our restaurants and pools, and that you enjoyed your room and the excursions. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Keep on rockin’. ALL IS ONE.
Philadelphia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

I was here for my destination wedding at the end of November. Considering the amount of money we paid to this resort and the number of people we had attending the wedding (70), I didn't expect to receive such a poor level of customer service.

There are a lot of weddings held here which makes them not care that it is your wedding. It feels like a wedding mill where they grind out ceremonies every day and don't pay attention to any details. I probably would have had a better experience in a Vegas chapel.

The general lack of concern and the overall attitude is atrocious. I would not recommend this resort for a wedding or a vacation. Below are just a few of the issues we dealt with or dealt with on behalf of all of our friends and family that travelled with us to attend our wedding.
1) At check in the first day there weren't any bellman available to assist with luggage. As a result we had to carry their bags through the resort. Also, the next day there was a three hour wait for luggage to be sent to the room.
2) A lot of the rooms had issues (i.e. my room's front door was able to be pushed open and I didn't realize it initially so the door was never truly locked, the air conditioning in over three rooms didn't work). When my front door wouldn't close it took over an hour for someone to fix it. Therefore I had to stay in the room for that time.
3) There is construction at the hotel so many of the views are of the construction site. There is an apparent "what's the problem with that" and it's not my problem attitude about this
4) There is a serious communication barrier and a lack of detail orientation. We had a few folks who speak remedial Spanish and were able to communicate, yet there was still an indifference to minding food allergies and food preferences. The only effort to accommodate food restriction's was at the hibachi restaurant were a chef took great care to make the meal enjoyable for everyone.
5) Many of the details are "not in the system" so we needed to provide email proof. Examples of this including that I arranged two day passes for my hair and makeup vendor. Neither day pass was arranged and in the system resulting in 1 hour plus waits for her to get in. After the first day pass issue I confirmed the second one and then was told the morning of my wedding that she couldn't get a pass until 8am even though she was there at 6:30 and needed to start at 7am. We were down there for 90 minutes trying to get her access. At checkout they charged me for three day passes. Given that we were under a tight deadline on the wedding day, you would think there would be an effort to help expedite the day pass process rather than "it is fine to wait over an hour for it" attitude.
6) We brought wedding bags to be delivered. The wedding bags were supposed to be delivered on Friday and Saturday. Neither was delivered on the day of check in. The Friday bags were delivered on Saturday afternoon after we spent 2 hours talking to the supervisor of the front desk. Our guests that checked in on Saturday didn't receive their wedding bags (which have the itinerary) until late Sunday or Monday. The bags that were considered "undeliverable" were given to me Monday at the farewell brunch. I was told that they couldn't identify the guests based on the last names. An example of what I was told is that "There are 4 Smith reservations at the hotel". Given that only one is under my group rate, I would think the other three could be eliminated.
7) We were told we were upgraded to concierge level. After over 90 minutes trying to understand why we didn't have any of the amenities of the concierge level a supervisor explained to us that the concierge level is only available for the Caribbean suite not the Islander Suite so we wouldn't receive any of the extra amenities. She was able to bring some to our room but this occurred after a two hour conversation with her. Simple questions require supervisor attention and/or the re-routing of the question to 3, 4 or 5 different people.
8) There is a general lack of helpfulness. The groom was really sick the morning of the wedding day (see later bullet). We asked if they had a room available from 7am until 2pm so he can sleep in peace while I was getting ready for the wedding. They wouldn't even allow us to purchase a room for 1/2 a day. There was no offer of help. I was told the resort isn't at full capacity, but I can't get a vacant room because I don't have a reservation.
9) We were told our ceremony location was changed when we met with our coordinator. We needed to confirm with the supervisor yet again to ensure we had Isla beach.
10) No one picked me up on my wedding day so I had to find my own ride to the ceremony location. I was told by the coordinator when I got to the ceremony she didn't know why my ride didn't show and he was suppose to be there by 4:00. Given that I waited until 4:10 when my ceremony started at 4:00, it was safe to assume that ride was not coming. My groom also had to find his own ride. When I was en route to the ceremony I drove past some of my guests and ran into people that are only suppose to see me when I am walking down the aisle.
11) The wedding coordinator only called once the day of the wedding to confirm if that the wedding was still going to be outside and to tell my sister that if it is moved indoors later there is a charge of $20/person.
12) The violinist was supposed to play Ava Maria for folks walking down the aisle (groomsmen, parents etc.). Instead, they played "Here Comes the Bride" for everyone... Not just the bride.
13) We arranged to have two readings down at the ceremony. This was scheduled to occur prior to the vows. The ceremony officiate went right to the vows and I had to interrupt him to let him know we had two readings planned before the vows are suppose to take place.
13) We brought a sign in that was to be displayed at the reception and it was not displayed. We had to go to the wedding coordinators office at checkout to retrieve the sign.
14) We requested, and it was part of our wedding contract, that a specialty drink be served which was not offered.
15) The groom and our friend got Salmonella poisoning that kicked in the morning of the wedding (confirmed by urgent care when we arrived home). The groom was violently ill for several days and is still not better. He missed almost all of the wedding because of his illness. Unprompted, we were asked to go to guest relations and sign a "release waiver" in exchange for the Hard Rock removing a $140 medical fee charge that was assessed when we took him for medical care. There wasn't a concern for his health or a question as to how he was doing because he missed his wedding.
16) Checkout is a mess. Several of us had to fight over whether their resort credits could be applied to the bill even though they had receipts showing that the resort credit should be applied. This took a minimum of 30 minutes each to resolve. There were also incorrect charges applied that took several conversations and plenty of time to resolve. This includes, but is not limited to, an extra day pass on my bill, a charge for an extra chair on my mom's bill (she didn't have an extra chair and was in a room alone), and an excursion on a guest's bill.
17) The golf pro-shop sold a polo shirt with the logo on it to my guest. He paid credit card and purchased and extra large. When he showed his wife the shirt back in the room he realized he was given polo without a logo. He went back to the pro-shop to exchange the shirt and was told that they didn't have it in his size and couldn't issue him a refund. It required several different conversations before the issue was resolved. It is just another example of how they don't try to fix a simple issue that is their fault.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Victoria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

The Resort was awesome , so many pools to choose from depending if you want to party or relax . The restaurants where all good but the best was Toro,service was great in all of them
the staff at the resort treated as like Rock Stars . The beach was out of this world , have never seen anything like it not even in Jamaika .Would like to go back soon .

Room Tip: Go for A buildings if you want to be close to the Beach , B buildings are closer to restaurnts and c...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Racine, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

After reading all the negative reviews on this site, I was afraid we made a mistake for booking our yearly trip at Hard Rock Hotel in Punta Cana. I am so glad we decided to keep our reservation. We had a wonderful vacation! We were treated like royalty from check in to check out. The property is gorgeous. There are so many pools there was never a problem getting a chair or drink and snack service poolside. Our room was beautiful, and it was very clean. We had maid service twice daily, and plenty of wash cloths! We were upgraded to a one bedroom Presidential Suite along with a Butler, Jonathon. He went above and beyond for us. He made all of our reservation s for the restaurants, and our excursions. Our refrigerator was stocked daily, and if we wanted something special, they went out of their way to get it. The service everywhere was perfect. We did not run in to one unfriendly person. Everyone was super friendly and helpful. The language difference was not a big problem. Everyone knew some English and If they didn’t understand us, they got someone who did. The food at the Ala Carte restaurants was very good. I was not thrilled with the buffet’s breakfasts and lunches. There was not much variety, it was the same daily. The spa was amazing, I highly recommend it. We did not use all of our credits, but we still got a good deal with the ones we did use. Our checkout went smoothly and our charges were correct. We had a wonderful vacation, and we will return.

Room Tip: We stayed in 1A, it was the very end of the resort, but right by the beach.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Hello Klehan, Thank you for the fabulous review. We are thrilled that you had a wonderful vacation with us, and enjoyed your 1 bedroom Presidential Suite with Jonathon as your butler. It is great to hear that you received true Rock Star service throughout your stay. We have shared your comments about the breakfast and lunch buffets with our Food & Beverage Manager, and hope that we can impress you in this area on your next visit. We look forward to rolling out the red carpet for you again soon. TAKE TIME TO BE KIND.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

I stayed at the HRH from November 28 - December 08! I was there for a wedding...the majority of the group left after 5 days but my husband and I stayed a full 10.

The resort is beautiful...huge, but I enjoyed all the walking because it's needed after all the food and drinks!! The rooms are gorgeous, by far the nicest room of any all inclusive I have stayed at.

I just wanted to give a big shout out to the entertainment staff here at the HRH! They did an amazing job and truly made our trip the best experience possible! Mr. Happy, Ramiro, Juan, Grabiel, Franklyn, and Wilkins (i hope I am not forgetting one, but I might be!) gave off a contagious energy and we looked forward to meeting up with them everyday at the pool!!

Thanks again! I can't wait to come back...

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Hello Nikki U, We are glad that you had a great stay with us, and enjoyed the rooms and walking our property. Thank you for the shout out to Mr. Happy, Ramiro, Juan, Gabriel, Franklyn and Wilkins. It is great to hear that they provided you with Rock Star treatment throughout your stay. We can’t wait to have you back. Rock on! LOVE ALL SERVE ALL.

Been to Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Punta Cana? Share your experiences!