My husband and I returned for another trip here in the beginning of Dec. It was nice to see familiar faces and even better when they remember you. There are certain places in the resort that you can tell are wearing with time/use, whatever you want to call it, but they try to keep it nice and clean.
Restaurants: We really liked the food and service at Toro (steakhouse) and Zen (chinese). Ipanema was closed for maintenance, but when we went there last year we enjoyed that as well. Los Gallos was pretty average for mexican cuisine (nothing to write home about), but good nonetheless. The Market is typical for a buffet. The pizzeria has yummy pizza and salads! So for us, we recommend Zen and Toro!
Service: Everyone we encountered was super friendly and helpful. We went to Eden Pool everyday and Juan and Emilio are awesome!! Solanye is a great server as well. You need to go see Lenny and Ingrid at Must. The drinks and pastries are great and nice to see friendly faces!
Spa: AMAZING!! (enough said)
I could only give 4 stars this time as there was an incident that left me a little unsettled. Eden Pool is an adult-only pool (European-style) so I get that. Even though rarely do you see topless people, that would not bother me. My complaint is when a male guest paraded around for several hours completely nude! Ok, funny haha for a few minutes, but once he started his antics of rubbing up on a woman standing at the bar or continuously bothering an elderly lady in the pool, people started leaving. Approximately 20 folks left and it wasn't until we started to leave that any wait staff asked him to wrap a towel around himself. He went and passed out for an hour or so, which was a nice reprieve for us all, but then once he woke up it all started again. Nobody could enjoy the pool and it made many people quite uncomfortable! It would have been nice if the staff (that knew many people were upset by this) would have told him either to keep his clothes on or to leave. Shame on them!
Other than that....we had a good time!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 1,787 room Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Punta Cana is situated on pristine sugar white sands stretching 121-acres along Macao Beach in the Dominican Republic. Hard Rock's first all inclusive hotel and casino exudes lavish five-star amenities and personal service to create the ultimate rock star getaway. Among the resort's many offerings are luxe accommodations, the signature Rock Spa(R), 18-hole Nicklaus designed golf course, iconic music memorabilia and a larger-than-life Vegas-style casino - the largest in the Dominican Republic, featuring Oro nightclub. Guests also enjoy 15 expansive pools, four swim-up bars, a kids pool and lazy river. A variety of gourmet dining options are available through the resort's nine restaurants, with Simon Mansion & Supper Club by the famed Rock n Roll Chef Kerry Simon, which opened in 2013. The property also features more than 65,000 square-feet of flexible event and meeting space. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Amex, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, BookIt.com, Expedia, Priceline, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hard Rock Hotel And Casino Punta Cana
- Moon Palace Hotel
- Moon Palace Resort All Inclusive