“Hard Rock Resort experience in Punta Cana Nov-Dec 2012” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Punta Cana

You added Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Punta Cana to your Saves list
Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Punta Cana
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Boulevard Turistico del Este Km.28 No.74, Punta Cana 74, Dominican Republic   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
35% OFF + $1,800 CREDIT
Ranked #20 of 102 Hotels in Punta Cana
Toronto, Canada
“Hard Rock Resort experience in Punta Cana Nov-Dec 2012”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

Hi,
Me and my wife traveled to Punta Cana for a 7N/8D vacation at Hard Rock Resorts from 27 Nov - 4 Dec, 2012. The experience was simply wonderful. Being a member, we had some special privileges over other guests. The resort is encompassed in a sprawling area housing about 16 buildings, each 4 story high, 14 swimming pools each with towel stations, bar hut and a snack hut. The rooms are large and comfy with double jacuzzi in front of the king size bed, separate bath room with two large mirrors, two wash basins and a small dressing table, a shower room with two standing showers and a separate toilet with a phone extension and a large wooden door.
The 'All Inclusive' experience was great too. One can eat and drink anything, anytime of the day in any of the 8 restaurants. The best restaurants we liked was the Ipana which served Brazilian type food which served variety of meats and the other good one was the Isla restaurant which catered to Carri bean type sea food. The waiters and the chefs at all restaurants were very courteous and were very eager to serve the food and look after you.
The main lobby was quite impressive too with many shops and restaurants, a casino and Spa. The best was the Spa experience. Every Spa appointment included 1 hour of relaxation prior to the treatment which included steam rooms, ice room, dry sauna, jacuzzi type standing shower with automatically changing hot and cold water jets at different elevations, large jacuzzi es and a relaxation pool. The are many different types of massages for 50 min and 80 min durations and the experience was also very good. After the massage treatment one can relax in the warm pool and have some juice and snacks.
Our membership included $1500 in Resort Credits to be spent (if desired) for tours, spa, or store credit. Only 16% of the amount spent was required to be paid. The only down side to this was the store credit. Prices of all the items in the resort store were very high and the items in the store were not quite impressive and did not make good sense to spend the amount in that store. Apart from this down side, all other experience of the resort was very good.
We also enjoyed additional promotional offer of 2 tours, 2 manicures and 2 pedi cures, and 2 back massages of 25 min each free of cost, over and above the $1500 resort credits. The All Inclusive deal included transfers from airport to hotel and back. The unlimited long distance calls from the room to US and Canada was an added bonus offered to all guests.
We would recommend anyone to visit the resort and if possible go there with your own membership or borrow the week from a member friend. This was like an cruise ship experience but on shore. The large clear water pools located near the beaches were great too. Each pool had plenty of rest chairs and plenty of staff to take care of your needs. The private beach was lovely. The sand was white and powdery and the beaches were kept very clean.
Our best excursion tour was the Dolphin show where we swam with the dolphins in the sea and touched them and they kissed us and we kissed them on the lips, they clapped with us and sang with us and played with us and Oh My God! It was too good to be true. We have seen many Dolphin shows in US and Canada but never been with one in the pool. This will be the best memory we will take with us and cherish for a long time.
Other good tours were the Domenican Republic excursion where they take you to the jungle at a mountain top and show the typical house of a farmer and how they make coffee and cocoa and cigars.
Go for it guys! The Hard Rock experience really rocked us and we will share this lovely memories with our children and friends.

Room Tip: We had a single room for a couple which had a king size bed. But one can accommodate up to 4 adults...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Shannon_Bowerman, Customer Care at Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Punta Cana, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Hello ADIL_D155019, You are truly a Rock Star! We are happy that you had an amazing time with us, and enjoyed our many services and amenities. It is great to hear that our staff members went above and beyond to ensure that your stay with us truly rocked. Your Hard Rock family is looking forward to rolling out the red carpet for your next visit. TAKE TIME TO BE KIND.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,478)
  • Korean first
San Angelo, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

The resort and the beach were beautiful, and all of the staff were very courteous everywhere we went. I was a litte worried about the food variety we were to have, but every restaurant we went to had excellent food. The rooms are very nice, however the landscaping construction was not the view I was hoping for. The daily notice for the days activites was helplfulI. I did want to say one of the entertainers that is there by the name of Rolando "Jamaica Man" is one the friendliest, likeable and energetic I meet there. He made everything from the pool side activities to the Kareoke entertainment so much fun. Thank you Rolando!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Shannon_Bowerman, Customer Care at Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Punta Cana, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Hello Gracie L, Thank you for the fantastic shout out to Rolando; we are glad that he made sure your days and evenings were fun-filled. It is great that you enjoyed our food and rooms. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back for another Rock Star vacation. TAKE TIME TO BE KIND.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

I would just like to start off saying what a wonderful vacation me and my 4 girlfriends had at the Hard Rock, Punta Cana!!! When we first arrived there the first person I met was our Bellboy Willie who was very welcoming and attentive to all of our needs during our stay. In one such incident our room had been upgraded; so during our move I had left my carry-on with my passport and some cash in it in the old room. I was in total panic mode until I heard a knock at my door and it was our bellboy Willie with my bag and all of its belongings inside!!! I am forever grateful to him and his persistence and honesty. I truly hope he gets what he deserves one day and that is a management position he has been striving for. He is such a great asset to your resort!!!

I can honestly say that the staff here is impeccable and makes you feel very comfortable and relaxed. Our room was constantly stocked with what we needed by Simon; he was always checking on us and going out of his way to satisfy our needs. As for the entertainment; Rolando (Jamaica Man) constantly had us laughing!! Everyday at the pool was sooo entertaining and hysterical. Rolando truly loves his job of making people feel comfortable and at ease and he is a great dance instructor too!!!! He is just such a happy person and has such a passion for his job. Congrats to Rolando for making our stay a great one!!!!!

Also, I cannot say enough about your restaurant staff at IPanema. Wandy and Catalino were so very attentive to all of our needs while dining. They made us feel right at home and I truly would of eaten there every night if possible. Koodos to them!!!

Overall, we thoroughly enjoyed this vacation so much that we became RCI members and joined their vacation club. I can't wait to go back and see all of the staff again!!! Thank you again Hard Rock Satff members (Willie, Rolando, Simon, Catalino and Wandy) for making this trip so wonderful!!!!

Rockland, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

My girlfriends and I went to the Hard Rock for a birthday celebration and the it was the best vacation ever! Upon arrival at the hotel we had superb service from Willyn, he made sure we were settled in and our rooms were up to par. Simon made sure our rooms were adequately stocked everyday with all our beverages...thanks so much!!!!

At the pool our entertainment was fill with extreme laughter and fun by Rolando. Our beverages and food were expertly delivered and served by Grestel, Jenifer and Greisy....thank you so much for making our stay memorable:)

The waiter staff at Ipanema were superb also special thanks to Catalino, Wandy and Francisco.

My overall experience at the Hard Rock was Awesome thanks to all the above people....thank you for making this vacation a memorable experience!!!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Hello Jackie S, We are glad to have been your host for the birthday celebration. Thank you for mentioning that Willyn, Simon, Rolando, Grestel, Jenifer, Greisy, Catalino, Wandy and Franscico provided you with Rock Star service. We are happy that your experience was memorable, and hope that you will return for another Rock Star experience again soon. LOVE ALL SERVE ALL.
Eden Prairie, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

The resort was great, food was god also, but mostly market place was the best. They tried to force us into a presentation for becoming member by a certain person named, Ramon who lied to us about a general tour of the hotel and we had to waste half a day for the presentation. Also i was charged extra as i ran out of the resort credits at the spa, and was unaware that i was being charged until checkout by Victor, who sets up appts for the spa. The excursions to the Dominican Experience was great with Jonathan G. who was our guide, it was an amazing experience to Maria's house for the organic coffee experience. Also at ziplining, safety was taken care of and we did not have to worry about our 6 year old daughter being on it. Great fun!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Hello fama201243028, We appreciate you taking the time to share your experiences with us, as we have no better way to improve than through the observations of our valued guests.

We offer our most sincere apologies if you felt you were being pressured by our sales team in some way. We work very much in the training and supervision of our Rock Team in order to deliver the best treatment to our valued customers and transmit the kindness and warmness that characterizes our Dominican People. We are improving everyday the service provided by our staff in different areas, especially our customer service departments. You can be sure that your remarks on this regards have been shared with our General Management and the Sales Director of our Vacation Club in order to take the corresponding corrective measures to ensure our guests’ satisfaction.

We hope you will return in the future so that we can show you our improvements and truly rock your world. ALL IS ONE.
Portland, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

OK, so reading the other reviews prior to departure we were thinking we had made a mistake. Well, no mistake here! All the staff was incredible (courteous and helpful). I suppose I had a small advantage in that I spoke enough Spanish to carry on basic conversations with staff members and that always brough a smile to their face knowing they didn't have to struggle through a conversation in English. We thought the food was fine (this is a resort folks, if you go to the buffet things will be soggy etc.) All the a-la-cart restaurants were great, not 5 star but to expect 5 star the price would probably be significantly higher. The only negatives of the week were check-in because we had a later flight so all we really got was welcome, here are your room keys so we did not experience the welcome drink or cold washcloth. We saw our RCI concierge for 5 minutes and then could not find him the rest of the week (Luis).
So here are a few shout outs etc.

Ronnie and the crew at the Bongos Pool: You guys are the best, there's no doubt that your conversation and service made lounging at the pool twice as good!

Yobanni at La Isla Restaurant... thank you, your recoomedations and service were top notch on Seafood night, what a great experience!

Tati at the concierge desk, thank you for your efforts, even though we couldn't find Luis from RCI, you did your best for us.

There are so many others to thank, from housekeeping, the staff in the casino, all the wait staf and the bellboys. thank you all.

The $1500 in resort cerdits are what they are... Even with the 16% tax (service charge even though we booked before April 2nd) I don't know of anywhere... cruise or other resort where 2 excursions (for 2 people) and a couples morning at the spa cost $126 total.

All in all a fantastic place with beautiful grounds. If my travels bring me to the DR again, I am there! Thanks again for a great week.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Hello BomberoMike, Thank you for your review. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed a great week with us. We appreciate you taking the time to mention our staff members that provided you with Rock Star service.

We apologize for the inconveniences you experienced upon arrival. You can be sure that our Front Desk Manager is already working on the corresponding corrective measures in order to avoid a similar situation in the future.

We hope you will visit us again on your next trip to sunny Punta Cana. TAKE TIME TO BE KIND.
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

The accomadations of this hotel were superb. The rooms are gorgeous, and I thoroughly enjoyed the food at every restaurant i visited. The service provide by the staff all around was excellent. Everyone was very helpful, and did a great job communicating with me in my mother tongue, English. I felt very comfortable and safe during my stay at this wonderful resort. I will definitely be going back for another wonderful vacation, and I will recommend this hotel to everyone I know planning a vacation.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Hello Diandra B, You are a Rock Star. We appreciate you taking the time to share your review. We are glad that you enjoyed your accommodation and the service provided by our staff. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to beautiful Punta Cana. ALL IS ONE.

Been to Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Punta Cana? Share your experiences!