Me and my wife traveled to Punta Cana for a 7N/8D vacation at Hard Rock Resorts from 27 Nov - 4 Dec, 2012. The experience was simply wonderful. Being a member, we had some special privileges over other guests. The resort is encompassed in a sprawling area housing about 16 buildings, each 4 story high, 14 swimming pools each with towel stations, bar hut and a snack hut. The rooms are large and comfy with double jacuzzi in front of the king size bed, separate bath room with two large mirrors, two wash basins and a small dressing table, a shower room with two standing showers and a separate toilet with a phone extension and a large wooden door.
The 'All Inclusive' experience was great too. One can eat and drink anything, anytime of the day in any of the 8 restaurants. The best restaurants we liked was the Ipana which served Brazilian type food which served variety of meats and the other good one was the Isla restaurant which catered to Carri bean type sea food. The waiters and the chefs at all restaurants were very courteous and were very eager to serve the food and look after you.
The main lobby was quite impressive too with many shops and restaurants, a casino and Spa. The best was the Spa experience. Every Spa appointment included 1 hour of relaxation prior to the treatment which included steam rooms, ice room, dry sauna, jacuzzi type standing shower with automatically changing hot and cold water jets at different elevations, large jacuzzi es and a relaxation pool. The are many different types of massages for 50 min and 80 min durations and the experience was also very good. After the massage treatment one can relax in the warm pool and have some juice and snacks.
Our membership included $1500 in Resort Credits to be spent (if desired) for tours, spa, or store credit. Only 16% of the amount spent was required to be paid. The only down side to this was the store credit. Prices of all the items in the resort store were very high and the items in the store were not quite impressive and did not make good sense to spend the amount in that store. Apart from this down side, all other experience of the resort was very good.
We also enjoyed additional promotional offer of 2 tours, 2 manicures and 2 pedi cures, and 2 back massages of 25 min each free of cost, over and above the $1500 resort credits. The All Inclusive deal included transfers from airport to hotel and back. The unlimited long distance calls from the room to US and Canada was an added bonus offered to all guests.
We would recommend anyone to visit the resort and if possible go there with your own membership or borrow the week from a member friend. This was like an cruise ship experience but on shore. The large clear water pools located near the beaches were great too. Each pool had plenty of rest chairs and plenty of staff to take care of your needs. The private beach was lovely. The sand was white and powdery and the beaches were kept very clean.
Our best excursion tour was the Dolphin show where we swam with the dolphins in the sea and touched them and they kissed us and we kissed them on the lips, they clapped with us and sang with us and played with us and Oh My God! It was too good to be true. We have seen many Dolphin shows in US and Canada but never been with one in the pool. This will be the best memory we will take with us and cherish for a long time.
Other good tours were the Domenican Republic excursion where they take you to the jungle at a mountain top and show the typical house of a farmer and how they make coffee and cocoa and cigars.
Go for it guys! The Hard Rock experience really rocked us and we will share this lovely memories with our children and friends.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 1,787 room Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Punta Cana is situated on pristine sugar white sands stretching 121-acres along Macao Beach in the Dominican Republic. Hard Rock's first all inclusive hotel and casino exudes lavish five-star amenities and personal service to create the ultimate rock star getaway. Among the resort's many offerings are luxe accommodations, the signature Rock Spa(R), 18-hole Nicklaus designed golf course, iconic music memorabilia and a larger-than-life Vegas-style casino - the largest in the Dominican Republic, featuring Oro nightclub. Guests also enjoy 15 expansive pools, four swim-up bars, a kids pool and lazy river. A variety of gourmet dining options are available through the resort's nine restaurants, with Simon Mansion & Supper Club by the famed Rock n Roll Chef Kerry Simon, which opened in 2013. The property also features more than 65,000 square-feet of flexible event and meeting space. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Hotels.com, Amex, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Orbitz, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hard Rock Hotel And Casino Punta Cana
- Moon Palace Hotel
- Moon Palace Resort All Inclusive