“1500 room credit was a scam” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Punta Cana

Save Saved
You added Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Punta Cana to your Saves list
Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Punta Cana
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Blvd. Turistico del Este, km 28, Punta Cana 74, Dominican Republic   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
35% OFF + $1,800 CREDIT
Ranked #25 of 101 hotels in Punta Cana
Forked River, New Jersey
“1500 room credit was a scam”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

First off upon arrival check in was fast, thats always a plus! we were then taken to our room which was out standing!!! what a beautiful room! House keeping was mediocre at best the room was cleaned everyday but it never felt clean it needed a good scrub down.plus there must be a premium on hand towels because every day they were never stocked in the room and we needed to call front desk for them.there was a problem with centipedes getting in from the balcony door i found there was a huge gap on both corners so i fixed it by byself by opening the door real hard and pusing the gap closed i used wet napkins to seal the additional holes problem was solved after that. room service was great food was hot fast and tasty also if you ran out of drinks they restocked fast after called. food in resturaunts were average except for toro the food there was excellent! the tenderloin was perfect! the clubs were ok. my sister in law was robbed at sun bar by workers from the resort that are allowed to party there when theyarent working it was only 60 dollars in casino chips so it could have been worse but definitly watch yourselves on that one. club oro costs 30 dollars per person to get into thats bs in my opinion because its touted as an all inclusive resort i refused to pay so i dont know much about it. drinks are cash bar in club oro and in the casino. they are free in the casino if you are playing. any room credits used are taxed 16 percent so for example a bracelet will be 120 dollars in the credit shop and you pay 16 percent but you can buy the same bracelet from a vendor for 15 dollars so they get thier money and make you feel like your getting a deal. overall an average resort. one last thing the beach is outstanding! which made up for alot.

Room Tip: ask for upgrade to presidental suite!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Shannon_Bowerman, Customer Care at Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Punta Cana, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Hello Dennis S, We are glad that you found your room to be beautiful; however we distress to learn that we could not fulfill your expectations concerning the housekeeping service. You can be sure that this has been taken as a very important matter, and our Housekeeping Director is already working on the necessary corrective measures in order to ensure the satisfaction of our guests.

On the other hand, we feel it is important to mention that only guests of the hotel are permitted to use the facilities, including Sun Bar. Our employees are not allowed to enter the bar, unless for work purposes. If your sister-in-law wishes to address this situation through our Customer Care Department, please suggest that she contact us at customercare@hardrockhotelpuntacana.com.

Similarly, we kindly ask you to please consider that both ORO and the Casino are owned and operated by an external company, and therefore are not part of the all-inclusive. We apologize for any inconveniences, and we have shared your comments with the Management of these facilities.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to show you our improvements and provide you with the Rock Star experience that you have come to expect from us. LOVE ALL SERVE ALL.

8,479 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,250)
  • Korean first
Grand Rapids, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

One thing that I need to inform everyone about is the danger of swimming in the ocean. All of us had a great time swimming in the waves all week. You always know there is a danger of drowning but don't think it is going to happen to you. I knew the waves were powerful and that there was a riptide but still didn't realize how dangerous the situation was. My family was sitting on the beach taking a break from swimming when we saw lifeguards sprinting down the beach. We looked out and saw a man struggling in the ocean. He kept going under and then popping back up. It took four lifeguards about 20-30 minutes to get the man back on shore. That is how powerful the riptide was! I am a nurse and performed CPR along with the lifeguards. They had an AED available also but after at least 45 minutes of CPR, I knew the man (about 20 years old) wasn't going to make it. My heart breaks for his family and friends although I know he is in a much better place. I hope that this message is able to save at least one person by encouraging you to stay out of the ocean! I can't believe that I put my kids at risk by letting them swim all week. Don't make the same mistake I did. I also want to say that the lifeguards were phenomenal! I talked with them afterward and they told me how long and hard they train every day. They knew exactly what to do and put their own lives at risk frequently. They are true heroes! I also wonder if a wave runner should be available for the lifeguards to use when rescuing a drowning victim. I am going to call and mention this.

About the resort:
Food was excellent. Loved the variety of choices whether buffet or sit-down.
Karaoke bar and band were awesome.
Spa was top notch.
Pools were very nice. Never had a problem finding a chair.
Resort very large but I liked the exercise of walking everywhere.
Rooms horrible. Only double beds and walls thin. See comment below.
Resort very clean.
Check-in and out took at least 30 minutes each.
Resort credits were a joke since prices are outrageous and then you are charged 16% so basically a small discount if none at all on services or products. We didn't use most of ours.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Hello Lisa B, Thank you for your review. We are glad to know that you had an overall nice visit.

We would like to thank you for your assistance in this special situation. We truly appreciate you taking the time out of your vacation. We would like you to know that our lifeguards did everything possible to assist the guest from another hotel, who was swimming near our resort area.

On the other hand, we feel it is important to mention that our resort has always implemented procedures in order to ensure the safety of our guests. We have a designated swimming area, which is monitored every day by our lifeguards, who are highly trained in their profession. We also use a flag system to indicate when the water is safe for entry. We are also in the process of creating a wave breaker, in order to provide a safer swimming environment for our valued guests to enjoy.

Concerning your suggestion for a wave runner, we would like to highlight that it is currently against the law to use these in Punta Cana, however, we are currently looking into whether it will be possible to obtain and use one for safety purposes only.

Again, we truly appreciate your assistance and suggestions, and we hope that you will come back and stay with us again soon. TAKE TIME TO BE KIND.
New York City, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

My wife and I are avid travelers and know a great deal when we see one! The hard rock was that and more. the food was amazing and because its all inclusive you walk around and eat/drink like a King/Queen, you can then settle in on the crystal clear beach and enjoy a sunset before retreating to your room with a hot tub. If you are a high class individual I suggest you look at another locale because this is for those looking to have a good time.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Hello JaenV, We are glad that you and your wife enjoyed your time with us. It is great that you felt like kings and queens while enjoying our 9 restaurants, our beautiful beach and the Jacuzzi in your room. We hope you will choose us for your next Punta Cana vacation. Rock on! ALL IS ONE.
Puerto Rico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

One of the best resorts that I've stayed. Wonderful choices of restaurants. You can find local flavors in restaurants such TORO, Ipanema and Isla Grill. Made to order omelets for breakfast and the typical mangu in the mornings. Coffee in MUST CAFE is simply amazing, get table overlooking the plaza while enjoying your coffee (from expresso machine) and Pastries. Then go to the pools and wait for Mr Happy and Duracell, those two guys are extreme, I'll never forget them. Enjoy your drinks from the wet-bar made by the Hands of Abraham, Caipiriña or what ever. It will be amazing. Be careful at the beach, waters are a little rough. Service as always typical hospitality of the dominican people. I got a room with jacuzzi. Room service is amazing

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Hello Riclor, We appreciate you taking the time to share your amazing experiences. It is great that you enjoyed our many restaurants and café’s. Mr. Happy, Duracell and Abraham will be pleased to hear that they rocked your world and made your experience memorable. We hope you will come back and rock with us again soon. LOVE ALL SERVE ALL.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012 via mobile

This has been my second trip to this hotel in 6 months.  I read these reviews of how people have their stuff stolen as they were sleeping... Bug beds.. Rude staff and horrible food and people not being allowed in the water because the waves are too dangerous... Bla bla bla.. Issues with reservations... Check in and check out.. I can honestly say I don't know what they are talking about! I feel like some of the comments on trip advisor are just made up to sabotage this great property! I've stayed at the majestic as well and don't have a clue how that is on the top ten and this is #23! No offense to majestic colonial..
The resort is huge.. Walk or take the shuttle.. You're on vacation.. Chill out
Spa is the best I have ever experienced...
People are super nice and helpful..
I can understand how the kodak guys can get annoying but just say no thanks...and smile and get on with it..they are just trying to work..
Beach.. Stunning just stunning, yes the waves can get out of control..be careful.. Lifeguards are there and do an amazing job. Don't go out of your comfort zone! These lifeguards put their life on the line everytime they jump in to save someone.Remember that.  If they tell you to move or get out.. Just do it.
Food and drinks.. pretty good. So much choice... I can't imagine not finding what you want. They staff was always trying their best to entertain and it didn't go unnoticed..
Rooms always cleaned. Just ask them if you need anything..
Room service.. About 45 mins.. There are 1800 rooms so if you don't want to wait.. Just walk..
Stuff being stolen..I dont believe for a second that any of the staff would steel.. They are not the type of people to steel and risk losing their jobs and not be able to work again. If your stuff goes missing, I think it's the other guests that would take it. My son left a few toys and stuff around and the staff was kind enough to hold it or run after us to give it back. I left my iphone and blackberry playbook and camera in the room and it was always where I left it. I don't know how anyone could break into that safe..
Staff at Los Gallos was super nice. Levis and Odnasis were great.. Must cafe- Ingrid is a sweetheart! So is the girl that was working there temporarily as the zen restaurant was under construction. I think her name is Maria..we tried all the restaurants and no complaints.. Longest we waited was 3 minutes... Around 7:30-8 we would go out.
Anyways.. Trip advisor really scared me and I only read the reviews after I booked. Thank god cause I would have missed this beautiful resort.

• Stayed September 2012
Hello MommyMontreal1, Thank you for the fabulous review. We are thrilled that you had such an amazing Rock Star experience. Thank you for the shout out to Levis, Odnasis, Ingrid and Maria; we love hearing that our staff Rocks! We can’t wait to roll out the red carpet for you again soon. Rock on! TAKE TIME TO BE KIND.
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

I traveled with my girlfriend Feb 2012. The staff was kind, they upgraded us for no particular reason. The room was huge and had an awesome view. Food was decent and drinks were as strong as you wanted them.

This resort is more like Las Vegas. It's huge and extremely nice. The best part of our trip was actually leaving the hotel and exploring the country. If you don't take time to check out what's around you might as well go to Orlando, FL.

I'd go back if there weren't so many other places in the Caribbean to explore.

One down side is the ocean is very rough, even to swim.

Overall a great time. Send me a message if you have any questions.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, GA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

My experience began with the check in.....I was barely spoken to upon checking in which should have been my first tip off on the lack of customer service. I was then shuffled among several people just to get to my room. The room was nice but soon found out the walls were paper thin and could hear everything going on next door, phones ringing, conversations, and all activities in the halls. (Also be sure to chain the door when you are in your room as twice the staff tried to just come in....once in the shower and once while sleeping.) It was evening so I went to find food so picked a restaurant and the food was adequate but chalked it up to first choice I came upon as I didn't want a buffet which seems to be the predominate option here. The buffets are not good as I quickly found, hot food is usually cold and options are not very tasty. Overall the food is very disappointing. They also advertise top shelf liquor, not so so i used the credits for wine upgrade and also a hassle. Then let's get to all the lines you have to wait in....one to activate these resort credits, another to book them and each a different line for each option, one for your transfer back to the airport (again the next day to find out the time), again back to the front desk because my credit card not on file, and so on. Everything is a production at your inconvenience. I have been to many resorts and by far this is the worst one I have been to where they just don't really care about your experience. It is lovely but that is about all I can say for it. I would not come back or go to another Hard Rock based on this unfortunate experience.

Room Tip: Make sure it is not near the elevator
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Been to Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Punta Cana? Share your experiences!