My wife and I just came back from our second trip to the Hard Rock in Punta Cana. First trip was with our three kids in Feb 2011...this one was just the two of us. We enjoyed both trips immensely. It was good we didn't take the kids this time because the kids pool with the slides was closed for maintenance. Whew, disaster averted.
About our trip. We were very fortunate to be upgraded to a presidential suite overlooking the beach and pool. The room was huge and very clean. We were supposed to have a butler service but we saw her on the first day and never heard from her again. Housekeeping was good but the language barrier was an issue when asking for things like more coffee and towels. Calling down to the front desk always cleared things up. No real issue with the room.
The resort is quite large so if walking is an issue for you, you may want to look elsewhere as the tram service can be spotty at times. If you are patient (10 mins max), you shouldn't have a problem. With all the food and drinking we enjoyed, walking was never an issue for us except when it rained a couple of times. Being large was a good thing in that it offered various places to hang out during the day. Many, many pools both adjacent to the beach and further internal to the resort. Lots of sports activities and access to other outings all from the resort. Since we were there for pure relaxation, we didn't participate in any other outings.
The beach is beautiful here. They maintain it well and it is a wide swath so lots of room fro everyone. Waves were often quite large which made it difficult to truly enjoy it but the water is clear and warm. The weather was a bit wonky for us so I believe the beach was red flagged for 4-5 of seven days. Not the end of the world as we tend to enjoy spendin our time at the pool with walks along the beach later in the day.
We did make a visit to the spa on our second last day. It is gorgeous! Apperently the largest in the carribean. I can believe it. We had a couples treatment which was good but not great. It was relaxing but I have had better massages for a lot less money back home. We did enjoy the ambience which was very relaxing and comfortable.
Food variety was great. We ate more often at the mexican restaurant which was delicious. We also enjoyed the pizzeria and the brazilian restaurant which were both very good. The italian left a bit to be desired (being from Toronto we have lots of great italian restaurants so its tough to beat). We didn't go to the steak house because we really didn't enjoy it last time but others may enjoy. Breakfast was generally pretty good. We always went for buffets. Service was great everywhere but we particularly enjoyed the Brazilian and Mexican.
Overall another great experience at the Hard Rock. We will be back again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 1,787 room Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Punta Cana is situated on pristine sugar white sands stretching 121-acres along Macao Beach in the Dominican Republic. Hard Rock’s first all inclusive hotel and casino exudes lavish five-star amenities and personal service to create the ultimate rock star getaway. Among the resort’s many offerings are luxe accommodations, the signature Rock Spa®, 18-hole Nicklaus designed golf course, iconic music memorabilia and a larger-than-life Vegas-style casino – the largest in the Dominican Republic, featuring Oro nightclub. Guests also enjoy 15 expansive pools, four swim-up bars, a kids pool and lazy river. A variety of gourmet dining options are available through the resort’s nine restaurants, with Mansion by Simon by the famed Rock n Roll Chef Kerry Simon, set to open in 2013. The property also features more than 65,000 square-feet of flexible event and meeting space. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Amex, Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Tingo, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, BookingOdigeoWL, BookIt.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hard Rock Hotel And Casino Punta Cana
- Moon Palace Hotel
- Moon Palace Resort All Inclusive