As a Palace Premiere member for the past ten years, we have experienced most of what the Palace Resorts has to offer. We headed off to the Hard Rock with a party of forty people, twenty adults and twenty kids ranging from ages six to sixteen. From arrival to departure, we were treated like one big family. Now for the review.
The staff were able to place most of us together in building 4B facing the beach, which was amazing. Six families were in jacuzzi suites which were very clean, spacious, and comfortable. We also had two family suites and two Presidential suites, all in building 4A. Everyone said their rooms were amazing. The chamber maids are there daily to reshape the rooms and replenish refreshments.
There are plenty of activities for everyone throughout the day. The resort has its own ATV excursion on site which, I highly recommend. There is also horseback riding on site, also recommend. If these are of interest to you, reserve quickly as they tend to sell out. You can use resort credits for these. Plenty of pools for whatever you desire. Kids pools with slides to rock and roll themed to tranquil to adult only. The beach is unbelievable! Plenty of chairs and towels for all, no saving required. Ocean is beautiful, just be careful can be a bit rough at times.
The spa was the best yet. Again, reserve your treatments early since they book quickly. Professional staff offering relaxing treatments.
Restaurants are very good. The breakfasts were generous buffets with omelette and pancake stations and everything else in between. You can go to the same restaurants for lunch or stop by one of the outdoor grilling stations by the pools for burgers, dogs, chicken or some sort of chef's special.
Dinners for us were special. The hotel manager and his staff arranged for us to have dinner as a group, forty people, each night at a restaurant of our choice. We were at Toro Steakhouse which was very good, Isla which was a seafood eatery, Impanema which is Brazilian and they slice meat off skewers onto your plate, Zen for hibachi, Ciao for Italian. The food overall is very good and you have to save room for desserts which are available at the ice cream shop in the lobby and the coffee shop next to the Casino.
The grounds are immaculate and continued to be the entire time during our stay.
The resort is the largest of all in the chain. Some reviewers complained of the walk to and from the lobby. We were in the furthest building and the walk was ten minutes each way or you can ride the trolley which runs every ten minutes around the entire resort.
There is a Casino in the resort, went there briefly and escaped unscathed. Not really a gambler, but most said it was fun.
Game rooms and arcades for the kids. Basketball court, rock climbing wall, archery, lazy river, beach themed games. Lots of activities for kids.
The Hotel Manager and his Staff gave us a vacation to be remembered. They went above and beyond expectations making sure that our party of forty were well taken care of. We will be returning to the Hard Rock Hotel and Casino, our Jewel of the Caribbean.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 1,787 room Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Punta Cana is situated on pristine sugar white sands stretching 121-acres along Macao Beach in the Dominican Republic. Hard Rock’s first all inclusive hotel and casino exudes lavish five-star amenities and personal service to create the ultimate rock star getaway. Among the resort’s many offerings are luxe accommodations, the signature Rock Spa®, 18-hole Nicklaus designed golf course, iconic music memorabilia and a larger-than-life Vegas-style casino – the largest in the Dominican Republic, featuring Oro nightclub. Guests also enjoy 15 expansive pools, four swim-up bars, a kids pool and lazy river. A variety of gourmet dining options are available through the resort’s nine restaurants, with Mansion by Simon by the famed Rock n Roll Chef Kerry Simon, set to open in 2013. The property also features more than 65,000 square-feet of flexible event and meeting space. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Amex, Expedia, Sabre Hospitality Solutions , Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., BookIt.com, Tingo, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hard Rock Hotel And Casino Punta Cana
- Moon Palace Hotel
- Moon Palace Resort All Inclusive