“Jewel of the Caribbean” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Punta Cana

Save Saved
You added Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Punta Cana to your Saves list
Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Punta Cana
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Blvd. Turistico del Este, km 28, Punta Cana 74, Dominican Republic   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
30% OFF + KIDS STAY FREE
Ranked #24 of 100 hotels in Punta Cana
Cos Cob, Connecticut
“Jewel of the Caribbean”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2012

As a Palace Premiere member for the past ten years, we have experienced most of what the Palace Resorts has to offer. We headed off to the Hard Rock with a party of forty people, twenty adults and twenty kids ranging from ages six to sixteen. From arrival to departure, we were treated like one big family. Now for the review.
The staff were able to place most of us together in building 4B facing the beach, which was amazing. Six families were in jacuzzi suites which were very clean, spacious, and comfortable. We also had two family suites and two Presidential suites, all in building 4A. Everyone said their rooms were amazing. The chamber maids are there daily to reshape the rooms and replenish refreshments.
There are plenty of activities for everyone throughout the day. The resort has its own ATV excursion on site which, I highly recommend. There is also horseback riding on site, also recommend. If these are of interest to you, reserve quickly as they tend to sell out. You can use resort credits for these. Plenty of pools for whatever you desire. Kids pools with slides to rock and roll themed to tranquil to adult only. The beach is unbelievable! Plenty of chairs and towels for all, no saving required. Ocean is beautiful, just be careful can be a bit rough at times.
The spa was the best yet. Again, reserve your treatments early since they book quickly. Professional staff offering relaxing treatments.
Restaurants are very good. The breakfasts were generous buffets with omelette and pancake stations and everything else in between. You can go to the same restaurants for lunch or stop by one of the outdoor grilling stations by the pools for burgers, dogs, chicken or some sort of chef's special.
Dinners for us were special. The hotel manager and his staff arranged for us to have dinner as a group, forty people, each night at a restaurant of our choice. We were at Toro Steakhouse which was very good, Isla which was a seafood eatery, Impanema which is Brazilian and they slice meat off skewers onto your plate, Zen for hibachi, Ciao for Italian. The food overall is very good and you have to save room for desserts which are available at the ice cream shop in the lobby and the coffee shop next to the Casino.
The grounds are immaculate and continued to be the entire time during our stay.
The resort is the largest of all in the chain. Some reviewers complained of the walk to and from the lobby. We were in the furthest building and the walk was ten minutes each way or you can ride the trolley which runs every ten minutes around the entire resort.
There is a Casino in the resort, went there briefly and escaped unscathed. Not really a gambler, but most said it was fun.
Game rooms and arcades for the kids. Basketball court, rock climbing wall, archery, lazy river, beach themed games. Lots of activities for kids.
The Hotel Manager and his Staff gave us a vacation to be remembered. They went above and beyond expectations making sure that our party of forty were well taken care of. We will be returning to the Hard Rock Hotel and Casino, our Jewel of the Caribbean.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Shannon_Bowerman, Customer Care at Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Punta Cana, responded to this review, March 18, 2012
Hello coscobbers, Jewel of the Caribbean….WOW, what a compliment! We are happy to see that our hotel rocked your world. It is wonderful that we were able to make special accommodations to ensure your large family was able to enjoy their meals. We hope to have you back soon for another unforgettable vacation. LOVE ALL SERVE ALL.

8,062 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,135)
  • Korean first
Zionsville, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2012

My wife and I along with 2 other couples just got back March 3rd. Mercedees at member services was great in helping us get the room in the building we wanted. ( this is important) I surprised my wife by renewing our vows for our 25th anniversary. As members the complementory package was off the charts great.
Melissa Santos Handled everything better than our first wedding. Dinner that night at Toro steak house was equal to any fine resturaunt in the States. Flete,and Jose were the greatest. If you are a member renew your vows (FREE) because the extra service was more than we could have ever wished for !!!

Room Tip: Building 2 and 4 near the beach and pools were great for us!!
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Hello Andy b, Congratulations on your 25th Anniversary and vow renewal. I’m glad your vow renewal exceeded your expectations, and so happy that we could share this wonderful milestone with you. Thank you for the wonderful review. We will be more than happy to make your next anniversary equally as special. Hope to see you again soon! TAKE TIME TO BE KIND.
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2012

My boyfriend and I got back from the Hard Rock last week. From beginning to end, it was an absolutely perfect experience.
The standard rooms are so much better than expected. The bathrooms are big and beautiful, the room is split level with a jacuzzi and a beautiful balcony.
There's a fantastic gym on site called Body Rock (next to the spa) which has everything you need, plus classes.
Restaurants:
There are a bunch of different restaurants based on style (Mexican, Brazilian, Teppanyaki, American, etc). Our favourite was the Asian restaurant. Mexican was also yummy. American, Brazilian and Italian were my least favourite.
Pools:
There are 15 pools which are all fantastic. The best pool, hands down, is Eden pool. It has hanging hammocks and beds on which to tan. Perfection.
There's not enough great things I can say about this place. I love it and would recommend it 100x over!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Hello Nicole A, I am so happy you found our resort to be “absolutely fantastic.” I have to agree that the Body Rock facilities are amazing. It is wonderful that you found “perfection” at Eden pool. We cannot wait to roll out the red carpet for you on your next visit. Hope to see you soon! ALL IS ONE.
nl
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2012

Just returned from 2 weeks at Hard Rock Hotel & Casino in Punta Cana.... it was our 4th trip to DR and our second trip to this resort.....We are members of Palace resorts and Hard Rock, so if you know the resorts, you know that we like clean, modern,top notch resorts!!!
2 yeas ago , I would say this property was dirty, staff was not in tune with the tourists... but that has changed.!!!!!!!.the property now is immaculate, the floors were scrubbed several times a day and even the walkways were steam cleaned and scrubbed...the gardens trees and flowers were well tended and beautiful, the ponds full of turtles. and birds and fish were awesome to lok at..........If you are looking for a small resort then this is not the place for you... as it is quite large.......

upon arriving the place looks a lot larger than it really is... as you get your bearings it is quite walkable, however for those with limited mobility or high heels, there's always the "TRAIN" which stops every 10-15 minutes at various stops to bring you whereever you want to go on the resort...We travelled here for our anniversary and at first were dissapointed with where our room was, we had requested 3-4 floor, only to arrive and get a ground floor was VERY dissapointing... the rooms are beautiful... every room in the resort is top notch...

the A buildings are closest to the beach and the B buildings are closest to the lobby, so decide if you like gambling and shopping pick a B building... if you like to be closer to the beach then request a A building... after 4 days we were finally moved, thanks to VIRGINIA and Jeanette at MEMBERS services...Please note that the rooms directly looking at the beach are suites and cost a great deal more!!!

The beach is amazing... we looked at videos from other holidays that we have been on and this beach is awesome, especially in front of this resort, it is wide ,very clean .. however the surf here is VERY rough... lots of people used boogie boards and frolicked in the waves but it is not calm water...

Restaurants

Isla is a buffett restaurant located close to the beach,,, food is good and the staff is friendly and happy....Santa always kept our glass half full... smiling all the time...

Edrey at the Brazillian restaurant was so nice... loved speaking english and was a wonderful waiter...the food was great and one never left not feeling full..

the Toro or steakhouse, had delicious tenderloin , the service was great however the noise level was too loud, the rock music was a bit too much for us while we tried to have a nice meal
believe me we love rock and roll ... but please.... while I am having a nice steak dinner maybe some softer music would be nice... also inside TORO the sound was deafening...it reminded me of inside an indoor swimming pool... certainly not relaxing... but food was super...

The ZEN was great. food was wonderful, however for those on a low salt diet, this is not the place for you... the chinese and Japanese foods were great... wait staff wonderful

The MARKET. became our favorite for ambiance because we usually sat outside, most people chose inside, but we live in a cold climaye , eating outside is soo nice to us... Richard and Eliberis, treated us to a romantic candlelight dinner on the terrace... it was wonderful....they both have a wonderful command of the ENGLISH language.

the pools here are great, there is one for every personality, swim up bars with live music, rock and roll, kids pool with slides and a lazy river,and quiet pools where you can relax and read... the choice is endless......

the lobby is huge, it sports many stores ie, PANDORA, gift shop,designer stores .. OAKLEY, ETC... brand name stores... sporting brandname items... some quite costly some moderately priced, there is something there for everyone... ( if you like shopping!!!)
the casino is nice modern and fun , if you like gambling!! the service is great...

theres an ice cream parlour, a pizza shop, etc etc... so many little places to go for coffee, a drink, to shop, gamble the list goes on.....and on..

Night life
The SUN bar in the lobby has karaoke.. every night... however beware.... kids as young as 8 were there singing and young kids hiding their bracelets were being served alcohol... PLEASE>>> PLEASE hardrock managers... I realize that this is not an adult only resort but PLEASE let me have a place to go where there are only adults!!!!!!! I find it quite disturbing to watch a 12 year old sing "LIKE A VIRGIN" in a nightclub!!!! One night about 14 adults got up and left because the bar was taken over by kids... the employees allow this.....THere are kid programs at this resort. teen dances etc.....

The Entertainment is the usual cheesey entertainmaent seen at most all inclusives... I'm not really into that...seen it once thats enough....
I personally would love to see a piano bar or some place where adults could go and have a nice night...

Alcohol

The wine is terrible...... I am a wine drinker and could not find a decent bottle of wine here, even the upgrades are poor quality..... decent brands on other alcohol...

Room Service

the resort was fully booked ... that means over 4,000 peolp were here when I was here... so the room service was a little slower than usual, but staff was always smiling...When I ordered a bottle of red and a bottle of white wine, to our room , I was told they could only bring one, I told them that we, my husband and I drink different kinds, thir reply most times was, " sorry I can only bring one!' 15 minutes later I would call for the second bottle... now please think about this. 2 trips mean double the time to bring the wine in 2 different deliveries!!!.

SPA is beautiful, services provided are great... these people work very hard... tip them....While I was there the time it took to book spa services was terrible,line ups for 1 plus hours.. then a system crash....that was frustrating.....

For those who complain about the sell presentation, DONT GO... if you are not interested and are only going for the $200 spa credit, well know that it will take about 90 minutes or more......

For Members only

Virginia and Jeanette at member services are great... they work long and hard to see that you are looked after and happy!!

Member services was always blocked with people, most not members, so I ask, why have member services at all,There is a special area for members to book spa services and it should be marked for members only and treated that way...

Member pool, member food area and beach area for members were used by EVERYONE!!!!
this frustrated most members as we have paid hard earned dollars to be members, we were sold a package that basically anyone can have the frills....these are little perks that some of us like ... larger lounge chairs,concierge etc.. I hated going to the beach and the member area was filled with non members, and some days I could not get a nice chair. because they were taken by non members......... black and silver arm bands distinguish members...so its easy for staff to control this!!! I'm not being a SNOB here but hey,, we paid money for this VIP treatment....why should someone who will probably only come to this resort once have access to what we paid extra to have???? AND as a member HARDROCK knows we will be back, as we have money invested here!!!

OVERALL it is an awesome resort, a few minor tweaks and it will be in the top 5 in Punta Cana.......Do not hesitate... GO

Room Tip: A buildings are closest to the Beach.... B buildings are closest to the lobby
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Hello lanaw1961, Wow, what a thorough review. I’m glad that you had such an amazing time here with us. Please allow me to address some of your concerns. Room requests are subject to availability on arrival and we cannot make any guarantees, though we do try all we can to fulfill requests. It is great that you were able to move to a room that better fit your needs. We apologize that you found the music to be too loud. We do our best to try to find a level that suits everyone, and will take your comments into consideration. In the Sun Bar, we offer a teen karaoke before the adult karaoke in the evening. Maybe you were there a bit earlier when the teen karaoke was still taking place? We always enforce the legal drinking age, and I will be sure to share your comments with our waiters to ensure that they are checking the wristbands of all guests. We are constantly striving to improve our services, and hope that we can impress you with our room service improvements on your next visits. We are sorry that the service was a little slow this time. Our spa is very popular and all of our guests want to book treatments, which can sometimes cause lines. We have upgraded our computer systems and they are now more efficient, so you should be able to book your appointments faster on your next visit. For your comments on Member Services, we are sorry that we did not meet your expectations this time. You can be sure that Member Services will be made aware of your comments. We hope to welcome you back and give you the exclusive Member Rock Star treatment that you deserve! ALL IS ONE.
Whitby, ON
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2012

My husband, and I along with our two sons 9, and 5 just returned from an amazing vacation at the Hard Rock Punta Cana. After booking the trip I mistakenly began reading other travellers reveiws and immediately second guessed my choice of resorts. I want to tell you that this was one of the most amazing trips my family and I have ever taken, and we have travelled extensively both throughout the Caribbean, and Central America.

The rooms are everything the resort promises, clean, spacious, modern, and the most comfortable beds ever. Both the maid service, and room service were excellent and timely. The room cleaning system (light switch at your door) is effective, and ensured our room was cleaned almost immediately. The turn down service was great, with fresh towels provided, both the morning room clean, and again in the evening, which meant after getting ready for dinner, we had clean towels in the morning.

The food was fabulous, too many resturants to be able to try them all for dinner in just one week, but both the food and service was amazing. Our favourites were Toro Steack House, Zen Azian, and Ciao Italian. Breakfest buffets was always great and if the Market resturant was full, to ensure there was not a wait time, a second buffet was opened. Despite not needing a reservation for any of the resturants, and considering the hotel was booked to its full capacity, the longest wait we encountered was only 15 minutes... which we thought was just fine... enough time to enjoy a cocktail. Top shelf liqour was served at all resturants, and in the lobby bars, and cocktail suggests were always made.

The on-site activities for the children were amazing, so much to do. We tried to take advantage of everything, including the mini putt course, rock wall, archery lessons, arcade, waterslides, and lazy river, even borrowed bicycles for an afternoon. We took advantage of the 1500.00 credits, and were pleasantly surprised, no hassel, no catch, no wait, and booked all activities for the entire week in one session, We loved the Moon Rocker adventure, and the spa, which was amazing. As a family of four our credits allowed us to have 2 spa treatments ( one each for my husband and I), Moon Rocker Adventure, Snorkelling trip, Horse Back riding, and Waterball (for my husband and one son). I'd say this was a great value... considering it was free. We never had to search for a pool chair, and clean towels were always available. The beach was absolutely beautiful, it is a little rough, but the kids enjoyed jumping the waves.

We stayed in block 2A which was connected to the main lobby, which was nice at night re: access to most of the resturants, and was about a 5 minute walk to the beach, we never used the shuttle service, really nothing is far, and the grounds are so beautiful the walk was really enjoyable.

I cant say enough about how nice and accomodating the staff are, despite some reviews claiming there was a language barrier, and staff were rude, and not willing to help, this is not true. We had nothing but great service, always with a smile, and always willing to go that extra distance. When you are respectful to the staff they show the same respect back.

My husband and I are already planning our next visit, hopefully over the Christmas Break. My only disappointment was that the week went by far to quickly. I would definately recommend this resort.

Room Tip: The A block rooms are connected to the main lobby, nice and close to most resturants, the casino, lo...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Hello Bianca m, Wow! Thank you so much for the absolutely tremendous review! You are a Rock Star! We just love hearing about all of the wonderful experiences our guests have throughout their stay. You were certainly able to fill your days with plenty of fun and adventure. It will be our pleasure to welcome you back over the Christmas Break and provide you with another rockin’ good time. LOVE ALL SERVE ALL.
Belleville
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2012

Such a shame! Just returned from Hard Rock Hotel in Punta Cana. My family are members of the Palace Premire Club and have lots of weeks there and at other Palace resorts. Palace is now splitting the resorts into two groups and spending a ton of money to rebrand half of them as hard Rock Hotels. They tried to get us to buy more rooms with more limitations. The food was very dissapointing and is much cheaper and more Americanized. More money went into the "Hard Rock" look and less into food and service. I was sent to four offices to get a letter stating my dietary needs. When I did have the letter, most chefs were not aware of cross contamination issues such as putting fried spaghetti in my food, dusting cheese boards with flour and putting bacon on toast. Procedures were also very inconsistent between resturants.

Custeomer service was poor at best. I have celiac disease and the resort did not answer my emails about diet priorto traveling so I brough t along a few staples. When we arrived we had to wait hours to get our room (5:30 pm!). When we got to our room it was completely trashed. Porn on the TV, room service food everywhere, dirty sheets, towels, and unmade bed and a very bad smell. It took the maid an additional hour to strip the room and get it ready. When we had settled in we found out that the fridge was not working. After calling 3 times to see if someone could fix it because I needed it to keep food cool, we were told that they were busy and would not be able to move us or fix the fridge. Fridge was reapired on day 3 of a seven day vacation.

The beds were nice but the rooms are very noisy and you can hear everyone down the hall. Music is exceptionally loud and the maid knowcked on our door at 10:30 at night to see if we wanted towels...

I know they are trying to be more American friendly but to me that means better customer service not just marketing to the masses.

Room Tip: Get a room as close to the beach as possible...It's the only nice thing about this resort Don...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Hello Dreamzart, I am sorry to hear that you did not have a pleasant experience with us. Please allow me to address some of the concerns you had. For guests with dietary needs, our Public Relations Department can provide the letter in Spanish. We would like you to know that we are recognized by Cristal UK Dominicana for our food preparation, and we pay special attention to cross contamination. We often have guests with a variety of dietary needs and have never had a complaint about cross contamination. We would like to apologize that your room was not cleaned and ready on your arrival. Our Housekeeping Department does their best to clean rooms as efficiently as possible after guests check-out, in preparation for the next guests. We regret that we were not able to meet your expectations this time. We are sorry for the delay in fixing the fridge in your room. Your comments have already been passed along to the Maintenance Manager in order to prevent a similar situation in the future. We hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back in the future to show you our improvements and give you a true Rock Star experience. ALL IS ONE.
South Bend, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2012

My Wife and I stayed at the HRH from Feb. 26 – March 11.

This resort is on the top of my list for resorts that I have been to in the D.R. We have stayed at Dream Punta Cana (was Sunscape the Beach), Occidental Gran Flamenco (in Gold Club.), Gran Bahia Principe Ambar and Luperon Beach Resort.

While all were good in certain ways HRH Punta Cana over all was best. Dreams had good drinks, Ambar had good food, Occidental had a great beach, but HRH had it all.

Drinks were great. Food was good, would be better if the did like the Ambar and put Lobster on the (Toro at HRH) steak house menu and had crab legs, shrimp and lobster around more often.

Check in was fast and easy, took about 5 minutes and off to our room we went. We stayed in building 8 (actually between 7 and 8) on the 4th floor in a Hard Rock Islander Junior Suite. Our room faced out into the resort with a double balcony and it gave us a great view between buildings 7 and 8. We could even see the ocean in slivers in front of the resort. It was the best room we have ever had in the D.R. It was a short 5-7 minute walk to the beach, but my wife and I love to walk and this resort was perfect for it.

Service was great. You don’t need to speak Spanish, however I do, but most of the time I was always greeted in English. Just remember that it is a SPANISH SPEAKING COUNTRY. You could see during our stay the service was ever getting better. They had supervisors in all the restaurants working with the employees training them to be even better. We tipped some of the time, but didn’t seem to matter if you did. Where it really made a difference was with the drink service on the beach.

Food was good, some spectacular, Ambar had HRH beet there because they always had shrimp, lobsters and crab legs available every day INCLUDED.

Drinks were very good. If anyone says they are watered down it’s because the ice was melting before they drank them. Top shelf liquor was at every bar, you just have to ask for it.

The beach was awesome, lots of chairs never a problem finding one, not crowded like other resorts. Waves are always coming in so you can’t do too much swimming before more of them come in, but great for playing in the waves and using a boogie board was great there.

The only problem with the beach and the REASON I am not giving this resort a 5 rating is because of the lifeguards. For 3 days they tried to close the ENTIRE beach from swimming even thought the waves and rip current was less than the day it was open. I left the resort and swam just off of their property. The next two days I just went out in the water and ignored them blowing their whistles and sirens at me until they left. It was like instead of watching people swim they like to drive recklessly up and down the beach on their 4 wheeler and try to tell you not to swim. However THEY HAVE NO REAL POWER to say you can not swim. The beach is open property and they can not really stop you. When they did open a swimming area they would open a little sliver in the center of the beach, even though the rip current was the strongest there, because it was the easiest for them. People would be slamming into each other. Like I said I JUST IGNORED THEM and swam where I wanted, you can’t board where a bunch of people are because someone will get hurt when you slam into them. THE RESORT needs to address this! They have plenty of lifeguards and they could open several area and still be able to watch people if that’s what they want to do, but from what I saw they don’t really want to watch you swim unless you’re a young female in a tiny bikini. When we stayed at Dreams Punta Cana the waves were the same and they didn’t have lifeguards…

The resorts grounds were beautiful and well kept, it never seemed crowded and everything was kept very clean, room and all.

Pools were nice if that’s what you like. We checked out several of them during our stay stopping to get drinks and a swim before heading out to try another. But they had one for everyone, from quiet to a big party atmosphere. I really liked it when we laid out on the beach and the house band Revolver would play at the central pool. It was awesome to have live music!

The resort credits are kind of a scam I never counted on using them, and I was glad I didn’t because we only used the ones in the spa, you are limited on what you can spend them on. Wasn’t hard booking my wife’s appointments there but there wasn’t anything else we wanted to use them on and the resort credit shop had everything priced so high that the 16% tax price you could buy better stuff on the beach for less money. If you golf then the credit would be worth using all for golf…

The Casino was the nicest we have ever been to in the Caribbean and was more like a small Vegas Casino.

It was a great two weeks and I would recommend the resort. The service was good and will even be better as they continue to work on it. I think by next year this resort will be the absolute best ever, and if they just make two other changes.1. More high end seafood. 2. Beach issue with the lifeguards.

Room Tip: If you want to be closser to the beach try for a A building. B buildings are closer to the lobby.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Hello RAW110, Thank you for taking the time to write your overall great review. I will take this opportunity to address your concerns from your stay. We are sorry that you were not pleased with the amount of seafood offered. Although we do offer seafood at many of our restaurants, I will pass your comments along to the Food and Beverage Manager. The lifeguards are present on the beach for the safety of our guests. If they are blocking entry to the water or only allowing swimming in a small area, there is a reason. We strongly recommend that guests listen to our lifeguards. The water is rough, and if the lifeguards deem the undertow to be too dangerous, we ask that you please respect their decision to close off all or part of the access to the water. We are very happy that we made the top of your list of hotels in the DR and look forward to welcoming you back again soon for another Rock Star experience. ALL IS ONE.

Been to Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Punta Cana? Share your experiences!