“Best swim up bar ever” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Majestic Elegance Punta Cana

You added Majestic Elegance Punta Cana to your Saves list
Majestic Elegance Punta Cana
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Majestic Street | Arena Gorda a Macao, Punta Cana 3005, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #13 of 102 Hotels in Punta Cana
Toronto
“Best swim up bar ever”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2010

I just came back from our second trip to the Majestic Elegance. It was our 1st trip with our 4 month old son and we had a great time. The staff was amazing with him. His favorite thing to do was to be put in his floaty and sit at the swim up bar watching the bartender Cesar Castiito. He would just float there for a hour at a time so interested and happy. My husband also liked how Ceasar made sure his glass was never empty.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,694)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2010

My fiance and I did our fair share of research before choosing Majestic Elegance and thought we knew what to expect...we were blown away by its beauty, relaxing atmosphere, and friendly staff!!! We found out last minute that he had to do some work while we were down there, and had called ahead to see if we could upgrade to the Elegance Club for its quieter atmosphere, and internet amenities. They quoted us at $50 per person per night...but if we went through our travel agent, it was $50 per room per night! Quite a difference. It was "sold out" a few days before we got down there, but the nice woman I spoke to told us to ask for her when we arrived. We were greeted and led into the Club check in area and were automatically upgraded! Very easy! We were thrilled. If you are able to upgrade, DO!!
We weren't overly thrilled with the food. Our favorites: Japanese (we loved it so much that we went back twice!) and the breakfast buffet (so many choices--especially loved the fresh crepes!). Least favorite: Italian (we are from NYC and are spoiled by wonderful authentic italian food...and DR's take on italian just wasn't the same). French and the Steakhouse were alright. We especially loved the See & Sea lunch for the fresh homemade tortilla chips with toppings and a pasta bar (you pick the pasta, sauce, and add ons and they sautee it right there!)
The staff was so friendly...always smiling and chatting with us in passing and at the bars. Our butler, Juan, did a great job of keeping us comfortable--from special pillows from the pillow menu, a romantic bubble bath drawn for us when we came back to our room one night, and helping us with reservations for the restaurants.
There was a lot of nightlife--we especially loved the Michael Jackson show and Karaoke night!!
I would go back in a heartbeat...we are very sad to be back to the grind of NYC after such a relaxing week!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Yonkers, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2010

I cannot understand these positive reviews. This place was mediocre at best! The food was DISGUSTING! The drinks are sooo watered down, there is really no point in drinking as it is just empty calories. I have traveled to many different places in Mexico, and the Carribean and this was by far the WORST island, food, weather etc. I went with my boyfriend and our original stay was booked for 7 days, well we got there on a Saturday and left at 7am on Monday morning. The weather was a NIGHTMARE, which is not the hotel's fault but made our trip horrible. I cannot make the best of clouds/rain on my vacation.
In terms of the rooms, we found pubic hair in our bed, and a ROACH in our room. I almost died. My boyfriend captured it under a glass and we call management to our room. They upgraded us, but it wasn't enough we had to leave. So we flew to Miami instead for the remainder of the week.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2010

Resort is very nice and the pictures on the web site are dead on. Restaurants / Bars are great.

Bring your own beach towels -- towels are hard to come by, card token are provided to get a towel, but the availability is spotty.

However, we reserved our and family member rooms using the resort web site. Other members in our group used a travel agency.

Those of us who did not use a travel agency did not get the rooms we reserved -- even though we had printouts of reservations, room descriptions, and reservation confirmations from the resort.

But we were charged the price in our confirmations (upon check in - rooms unseen) . Once in the rooms and I complained that we didn't get what we had paid for, it was an hour wait to get a manger, who couldn't do anything, we had to wait for the reservations staff to come in the next day -- we were on a 5 night stay, after 3 nights they offered us our original rooms.

Emails on the subject have not been returned, I expect a refund on the room price difference (we didn't change rooms when offerred - we had been there 3 nights and already unpacked, etc).

Lesson Learned -- use a travel agency -- the resort, reservation staff, and check in staff don't honor their agreements. It was at least an hour of arguing with the check in staff after an hour of check in time ..... and I'm still waiting for resolution after 4 days at home.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2010

I just returned from visiting the great Dominican Republic. We were there May 5-9,2010. We were initailly suppose to stay at the Colonial but got upgraded to the Elegance. What a fabulous place. The entire lobby area is gorgeous. So much granite and marble and the enormous hanging laterns are beautiful.
The Staff at this resort are wonderful and eager to make you happy. The love to teach you spanish and they love to learn English.
The Spa was beautiful and my Facial was so relaxing. Make sure you stay after your service to enjoy their relaxing pools and steam rooms.
Roberto and Julie in the main loby piano bar are wonderful and instantly make you feel like old friends. They work very hard and put in long hours. We visited them every night !!
Mr Wilson at the See and Sea bar by the beach was great and can do a great monkey call !!
The food was good, the drinks were awseome, the nightly shows very entertaining,the service wonderful.
My friend and I were sent here by our husbands for a Mother's day gift. We are definately coming back with the husbands next time!! If you find a complaint with this resort while you are there: get a nice drink, put your feet up by the pool, and rethink that complaint because everything is great in the Dominican!!

Michelle from PA

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2010

If you are looking for a really quality hotel to recharge your batteries, look no further. The food was excellent, we didn't drink a lot of alcohol but the champagne and all international spirits were part of the all inclusive plan. Mostly Americans and Canadians, we were the only English, (Welsh) people there but the other guests were courteous and friendly. The staff were attentive without being intrusive, our mini bar was heavily stocked and you could choose what you wanted in it. You could also choose what fragrance you wanted in your room. We had a club room which entitled us to a private pool/beach/check in/butler/lounge etc.
The beds were so comfortable we found it difficult to wake up in the mornings ! We were waited on 24/7 and nothing was too much trouble. On all holidays we have ever been on, we could always find several faults with something..... not here. We would never recommend something as personal as a hotel to anyone, as everyone has their own tastes but I would defy anyone to stay here and not thoroughly enjoy the spotlessly clean beach, warm sea water and peace. If you wanted to you could be busy as it has a club and casino. Outside the hotel, there were the usual tacky items to take home but these were extortionately priced and we chose not to buy anything. We had daily walks on the beach and returned to our Bali beds for a rest before spending an hour or so in the very powerful jacuzzi at the end of the private swimming pool. My partner who rarely drinks alcohol, got a bit of a taste for the pina coladas at the beach bar !! We were miles from anywhere but this did not matter as we enjoyed the hotel so much.

We arrived at the airport on 11 May 2010 and were informed that the flight was delayed. We were however put up in the Natura Park Hotel. Talk about the Ritz to the Pits as a fellow traveller on our flight aptly put it ! The "Natural surroundings" consisted of several stagnant pools of green slime which absolutely stank. The rooms reminded my partner of boys football tour chalets apparently. Fortunately we only stayed there one night. I did not have an upset stomach the whole two weeks we were there, so was careful what I ate. About one hour after eating pasta in tomato sauce I had to run to the loo. Sadly so did the people in the room above. How do I know this ? because I looked up and through a hole on the ceiling, I could see the upstairs toilet ! We had tiny white bugs all over the room which I didn't notice until the morning. There were bare electric wires sticking out of the wall with a small piece of tape around them. I was eaten alive by mosquitos despite being plastered with repellant. A can of deodorant in the hotel shop was $17 (about £11). The maid tried to make us vacate our room at 8am. The desk clerk told us we could use a courtesy room to shower for Forty Dollars !!!!!! It was a relief to be stuck at the airport rather than spend another night in the place. I felt sorry for the people who were stuck there. Apparently we were, "lucky" as other rooms had cockroaches. Great ! The buffet restaurant tables were so close together that I could over hear the man on the next table whispering to his girlfriend that when they returned home, he was leaving her.
The people in the next room had a full blown domestic argument as we were making good our escape in the morning, screaming, shouting, swearing and the female being beaten by her husband. This of course was not the fault of the hotel but the staff stood outside the open door of their room laughing and pointing. It was a vile place with poor standards of cleanliness. YUK YUK YUK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2010

The Majestic Elegance is a newish resort. Not too big and not too small.
Staff were friendly and to the most part very accoodating.
We were at the Club portion of the resort... well worth the extra dollars.
Restuarants were all excellent. Beach to die for.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Majestic Elegance Punta Cana? Share your experiences!