“Had a Great Time at a Great Resort” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Majestic Elegance Punta Cana

You added Majestic Elegance Punta Cana to your Saves list
Majestic Elegance Punta Cana
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Majestic Street | Arena Gorda a Macao, Punta Cana 3005, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #16 of 99 Hotels in Punta Cana
Certificate of Excellence 2014
PA
“Had a Great Time at a Great Resort”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2010

Just got back from a 6 day stay at the Majestic Elegance and had great time from start to finish. The room was large and clean and the bed was very comfortable. My wife, who's kind of a nut when it comes to pillows, even found the pillows comfortable which is a miracle in itself. We found the food to be exceptionally good and enjoyed everything we sunk our teeth into from the buffet's to the a-la-carte restaurants. I particularly enjoyed the steak house where our skirt steak and chateaubriand were delicious. The staff is very friendly and all of the servers and bartenders were always asking if you were ready for another drink. We upgraded to the Adults only Elegance Club which was great; the private pools, bars and beach area were a nice touch. We didn't make much use of the butler service but our guy, Dionsio, was very helpful when we did. We played two rounds of golf at the Punta Blanca golf course next door. Greens fees are a bit overpriced but the course itself is decent. There's not a lot of rough or trouble around the greens and the fairways are very forgiving which was great since it was our first round of golf since October. We had no problems checking in or checking out and had no problems at the airport. Kind of wish we made some excursions outside of the resort (heard the zip line trip was fun) but it was just too hard to drag ourselves away from beach and the other resort amenities. My only criticism; being an avid beer drinker it would have been nice to have a selection of at least a couple of different beers but the local Presidente was the only choice around. Not a bad beer, but a little variety would have been nice. The frozen and top shelf drinks more than made up for the lack of beer selection. Overall, a great place to stay and temporarily wash away the thoughts of a miserable Northeast winter.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,922)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Saskatchewan, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2010

This resort provided everything that was promised and more! Upgrading to the Elegance Club is well worth the few extra dollars - private pool area, bars & beach area. Rooms were great and nicely cleaned with very comfy beds, food was better than a lot of resorts we have stayed at and the service was fantastic. Hector, our butler, went well above our expectations with his service and great attitude. He made our trip very special. Thanks also to all the bartenders and servers. They were great. The beach and water at this resort were amazing. We would revisit this resort for sure.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2010

I want to thank especially Wainy, Kathy Julio, Jefry, Yesman, Alvim and the rest from the Animations Team at the Majestic Elegance. They are the most dedicated , hard working and devoted to the guests people who looked after entertaining me and my husband, made me laugh so much and made me feel like a kid again. They went far and beyond their means to provide whatever I needed, and they made sure I had the best time of my life. They are so talented, friendly,kind, professional and so true, and they are perfect in what they do. Despite the heat their enegry level is never low. Thanks especially to Wainy for teaching me Spanish lessons everyday and how to dance Merengue and Salsa,Thanks to him I am now a PRO. But the most fun was Taki Taki dance that we practiced everynight at the Disco with the whole team. I will never forget Julio - the best dancer ever! and Ententainer too. He and Wainy made me laugh to tears. The unforgetable were crazy games and contests at the beach, and the shows everynight , I could hardly wait to the next one . So The Animation Team was the life of the Resort. They are the most fun and genuine people, thanks to them I felt 20 years younger and I will never forget them. My hats off to YOU and to the Best Resort on Earth. I will come back for sure.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
Columbia, s.c.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2010

Excellent check-in and porter service restaurants in order of greatness french-italian-japanese-steak japanese chef was obnoxious 45 min to cook food and it came all at once, not in intervals he talked WAY WAY too much and wanted crowd participation other chefs weren't doing this why him?? breakfast by the beach a huge plus poor house wines red or white night time shows A on effort, but most had cheese in them Michael Jackson stellar however rooms very nice pool awesome beaches were wonderous, just wonderous breaking the english barrier sometimes challenging good value for money?yes 5 star no some 3 star stuff lot of 4 star stuff would I recommend? sure try to get a deal if possible we went on their jan-feb deal 139 instead of 199 it helps! good luck you'll probably find enough good here to make it memorable ps tennis and volleyball good, shopping sub-par workout center above avg business center so-so

Halifax, NS
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2010

awesome week at the elegance club, feb 21-28th.

we had a great time, the rooms were great, the beach was amazing. the food was hit or miss. did not enjoy the steakhouse, but others told us they did. the italian was an incredibly long wait between order and food, but the food was good. japanese and french were the best. see to sea had great fish.

one of the best parts about the elegance club is being served drinks on the beach. maxima did a great job all week of keeping us well stocked - she is the best :-)

i would not hesitate to go back to the majestic. in fact, i would go right this second if i could.....

British Columbia, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2010

I would highly recommend upgrading to the Elegance Club. Right from check in, the service was excellent.
2 pools & bars for elegance club members. (Adults only)
Great room. Nice big jet tub in the room. All the luxuries of home...premium liquor, cleaning of the room was good, towels always there, mini bar always refreshed...
2 elegance club lounges complete with conceirge, internet access, tv's, a mini buffet all day.
Elegance club members only beach area.....lots of beach loungers....shade if you want....no worries here...
Fantastic service from all of the servers & bartenders....
And....the highlight of the upgrade..the butler service. Hector.....provided top notch service, was the perfect host!! Thank you so much for going above and beyond!!! His service was exemplary!
George & Carlos...thanks for all your service.....you guys are fantastic!
The entire resort was great....perfect size, not too big, not too small ..easy to walk everywhere...
Good shopping on site, casino available, swim up bar is great, piano bar nice, great lobby bar, outside entertainment/music was nice
Lots of selection of restaurants, the buffets were quite good...JUST remember where you are...you are not in the states or canada..it is not bad at all, just different. The steakhouse & japanese were good..you can easily sustain yourself at this resort.
Everyone I ran into could speak english well enough for me....If you think that might be a problem, learn spanish......
Remember...treat those as you would wish to be treated....TIP well...
One thing....we did use our free golf passes, the course was great for a young course. I did not understand that you had to pay 45$ per person/per cart...so a cart rental for two people was $90 bucks....just know that so you are clear as I thought that was too steep...
Even if you don't upgrade, it is a great resort!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with friends
Miramichi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2010

My wife and I visited the Elegance Club section from Feb.13/10 - Feb. 27/10.

This was our second visit so, obviously, we were satisfied the first time and returned!!

Everything was great.

Food seemed to have improved since our first visit but we thought it was fine the first time.

Eating at the a la cartes posed no problem.

Those that requied reservations could be obtained without any stress!!

Dress codes are in effect so read the literature provided and you won't be turned away if you are dressed properly.

We saw a few people turned away and, quite frankly, I was glad they were not admitted because of their wardrobe!

Please don't be judgmental of my comments.

When the a la carte specifies: longs pants , shoes and sport shirt... a t-shirt, bathing suit and sandals just doesn't cut it when the atmosphere is a tad upscale!!

We stayed at the sister resort, next door, twice and saw the Elegance being constructed.

We took a chance on staying there when it opened and have no regrets.

A number of people have posted negative reviews and their complaints may have been legitimate; however, our experiences have been positive and I have no qualms about recommending this resort to potential visitors.

If you want photos, additional info, feel free to contact me at:

barker@nbnet.nb.ca

Dave Barker
Miramichi
New Brunswick
CANADA

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Majestic Elegance Punta Cana? Share your experiences!