“Another great stay at Majestic Elegance” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Majestic Elegance Punta Cana

You added Majestic Elegance Punta Cana to your Saves list
Majestic Elegance Punta Cana
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Majestic Street | Arena Gorda a Macao, Punta Cana 3005, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #18 of 99 Hotels in Punta Cana
wallkill
“Another great stay at Majestic Elegance”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed today NEW

My daughter and I just returned from ME last night. We stayed 7 nights and enjoyed ourselves as much as we did the last time. the food was good, and the room was immaculate and beautiful.
we were treated very well at poolside by Fredy. Also, the girl who was at the Elegance Club in the upstairs dining area overlooking the ocean was very nice. I beleive her name was Arlen. We were assigned a butler, but we did not use any of his services because we just stayed at the pool and beach all day. However. We saw a butler named Rafael who was assigned to a group of people at one of the swim up rooms. He was really doing a fabulous job and was even talkative to me and my daughter. He put a lot of energy into his job and it was impressive.
Check in was very fast, we arrived at about 330pm and were in our room within 30 minutes. I would recommend the Elegance Club at this resort because you get a lot of extras for the price. We stayed in a room that was very near the theater , overlooking the pool. It was a beautiful room, but it was noisy from the pool and the theater at night. This wasn't a problem for us, but it could be for someone who likes it very quiet.
I will return again to the ME when I decide to travel to Punts Cana in the future, and would recommend it without hesitation to anyone traveling to that area.

Room Tip: Do not get a room on a service rd.
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,957)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I did not leave the property the whole time I was there! Dancing, beautiful pool, Spanish lessons, and free bachata lessons by the pool! Franchesca is a delightful hostess and instructor!

The food is better than average for an all inclusive resort. Great nightclub on location with a decent DJ.

I would come here again without hesitation.

Room Tip: No suggestions
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends
Regina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

My husband and I are seasoned travellers. We have stayed in many all inclusive hotels ranging from 2-5 stars all over the Caribbean. We feel this is an honest and review of this resort.

Rooms:
- We had a junior suite on the elegance club side. Our first room had many problems with it. The first impression is that it is a nice, large room but as soon as we walked in there was a terrible sewage smell and clearly the air conditioning did not work as everything was super damp in the room. We asked several times to have these concerns addressed but we were told that they were over capacity and could not move us. Then they just febreezed the room as a means to address the smell. The next day, we noticed a sizeable leak coming from the shower area into the rest of the room. At that point, we contacted our vacation provider and we finally got moved to another room.

Our second room was in the "Elle" building which was much better. It was the same room category but no sewage smell and no leak! We even had a partial ocean view so that made us very happy.

Food:
- It was average. We never went hungry. It wouldn't be what I would expect for a "5 star" resort.
WARNING: both of us got TD towards the end of our trip. Prior to our leaving, we both took a vaccine to limit the occurrence of TD and I'm not a drinker, so we can't blame it on the booze. I have never been sick on a trip...EVER so I can safely say that it was something in the food. That being said, neither one of us was so sick that we had to stay in our room. A minor inconvenience but questionable nonetheless.

Resort/Beach:
- The grounds are well cared for and the beach was beautiful. We never had a problem getting a lounger or palapa hut. The weather in May was fantastic - sunny every day with no rain! No real drink service on the beach but the bar was pretty close by.

Elegance Club:
- We only booked this as it was our honeymoon and we thought it would be nice to do something extra special. The private pools and beach area were nice to have as well as the 3 elegance lounge areas. What I thought was not valuable was the butler service. I'm not sure if we just didn't get a good butler but he pretty much just showed us to our room. We saw him every day, but I'm not too sure what the "extra services" are that would warrant paying extra money.

Honeymoon Extras:
- This was brutal. On the website they advertise that you get a free upgrade along with several other extras.

We did NOT get a banner. We got a welcome fruit platter that consisted of some pineapple and an apple. We were told that there wouldn't be an upgrade due to overbooking (how does that even happen???). The only thing I thought was nice was the private beach diner we had on our last day there but by then we were both sick and not feeling all that romantic.

Staff:
- Overall the staff were pretty friendly. Most were smiling, singing, or dancing and we never had a rude staff member the entire time we were there even with all of our issues concerning our room.

In terms of the language barrier, well...listen, you're in a Spanish speaking country so either learn some basic Spanish or deal with it. I suppose it's because we travel so much, but I find comments about this topic asinine.

Other:
- The resort is NOT entirely adult only.
- Furniture is showing wear and tear so definitely not 5 star.
- WiFi was ok but could be spotty. That said, it was free so that was good.
- Pool bathrooms could have been cleaned more regularly. They got pretty gross towards the end of the day.
- A note about gluten free: I'm Celiac so I have a unique perspective on the food situation. Technically, you could find things that were gluten free but if cross contamination is an issue for you, then I would caution about staying at this resort. I had Spanish cards explaining my situation but I didn't get a sense that they actually knew what it meant to prepare food GF. We also told the resort prior to us arriving that I needed to eat GF. They basically thought that GF was no bread. So, word to the wise, think twice about this resort if you need to eat GF and definitely learn the Spanish words for wheat, barley, rye.

Overall, this resort was average. I feel like my expectation would have been better if they classified this resort as a 3.5. It would have been a great 3.5 star; just not a 5 star resort.

Room Tip: Elle Building
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Seekonk, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We just returned yesterday from 7 days at the resort.We are a couple in our 50's. We went with my 27 year old daughter and her boyfriend. We had a swim up suite. We were not able to upgrade to The Elegance club as the hotel was full. We had stayed at Majestic Colonial a few years ago. The resorts are more similar than not. Our room was spacious and spotless. Yes things were damp due to the humidity but we expected that. The room was kept cool. The pool was very clean. The only issue with the swim up rooms is there are no stairs on the side the room is on. This wasn't much of a problem getting in but very difficult to get out of unless you are young and in shape.
The food was not great by any means but a little better than when we stayed at The Colonial. At least none of us got sick this time. The service was wonderful and staff were always smiling. We were actually glad we didn't pay extra for the elegance club as the 2 things we thought we would only get if we upgraded were included anyways.(free wifi and drink service on the beach) we had no problems getting chairs on the beach and noticed they didn't ever fill up. It was difficult in the early afternoon to get one by the pool at times.
The entertainment choices were not great, there was not much of a variety although the animation team did their best to get people involved with activities. It was more a quiet place at night. I would think a younger crowd may have been bored after a few nights.
(Our flight got cancelled and we were put at The melia caribe tropicale for 1 night and it was a much livelier resort at night. we also thought the food was better there. (We only had 1 dinner and 1 breakfast there though so I probably shouldn't compare.) The rooms were much nicer and service was better at Majestic.
Overall we had a great trip. Would I return? Probably not but only because I would like to try different resorts; although on my last review of the colonial I said I wouldn't return so who knows?

Room Tip: We were in a swim up room in building 3. Close to beach and pool swim up bar.
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Just got back from a 6-day trip to the Majestic Elegance and had a great time! We stayed in a junior suite in the Elegance Club, and we had other family members stay in a 1-bedroom suite in the regular section (5 of us in our group total). We've previously been to another resort in Punta Cana as well as other all-inclusives in Mexico, and for what we paid, we were happy, very impressed with the grounds (beautiful!), and thought it was a great value. Sure, there were some small things that we thought could use improvement, but overall, we all really enjoyed our stay at the Majestic Elegance! :)

THE GOOD:

- The grounds, lobby, beach, pool -- all just beautiful!! There were plenty of chairs at both the beach and pool, too... we were always able to get a few chairs together.

- Food -- we never had any issues finding something to eat at any of the meals! Everyone in our group always came away happy and full (even the pickier ones)... It wasn't necessarily the "best" food we've ever had, but it was definitely good and on par with what we expected at an all-inclusive hotel of this level. The Steakhouse and Italian Restaurants were our favorites for dinner, and we went to the See and Sea for most breakfasts and every day for lunch (the grilled-to-order stations, especially the steak & veggie burritos and grilled fish, were our favorites at lunch! We also enjoyed the fresh omelettes made at breakfast).

- The spa/massages -- we had a couples massage, and it was very relaxing! Loved it. After your massage, you can use the turkish baths/sauna/etc. and they will take you through a set progression of hot/cold pools and rooms if you'd like...it was an unexpected bonus included with our spa service that we really enjoyed (but just make sure you plan to spend an extra hour there after your massage is over if you want to have the full experience!). Note: The only con of the spa was that we had to wait 30 minutes from our appointment time before they brought us back...

- The room -- very pretty and a good size! Our mini-bar was restocked daily, and the maids did a good job cleaning. Yes, the bathrooms aren't the most private, and the toilets are oddly square, but we knew that before going... we were in the Elle club building, top floor, facing the pool and didn't have any issues with noise -- LOVED our location and view!

- Drinks --the bartenders were great and would make anything you asked. We liked the "Majestic" drink and enjoyed trying the "drinks of the day," and we thought the house wine at dinner was good as well. Also, the bartenders had no problem filling up a Tervis or bubbakeg at the pool or beach (we were very glad we brought ours! lots of people had them since the standard cups at the beach/pool are small and plastic).

- Wheelchair accessibility -- my sister is in a wheelchair and came on this trip. She had no issues getting around the resort - ramps/paved walkways everywhere, elevators in all buildings, no stairs to any of the restaurants, and even a ledge in the pool that she could use to easily get in/out. The only real issue she did have is that the handicap public restrooms didn't have grab bars/hand rails (but they were plenty big enough for a wheelchair to get into)... and since the resort is on the larger side (not huge, but definitely not small), we just offered to help push her a lot so her arms wouldn't get tired. She didn't stay in a "handicap room," so there was 1-step down in her room, but it was manageable for her...

- Staff -- Almost every staff member we encountered around the hotel was nice and friendly! ...Miguel and Raphael at the Steakhouse and Maxima and Rosa at the Elle Bar were especially amazing to us! They went above and beyond with their service, were so so friendly, and were all just really great at what they do! (thank you!) :)

THE NOT AS GOOD:

- Check-in process for Elegance Club -- this "upgraded" vip check-in experience for guests staying in the Club section took entirely too long in our opinion and just had us frustrated on our first day and feeling like our afternoon was wasted... We arrived at 2:15, and we were told our room was ready for us (we thought "yay! we'll be in our room and then out to the beach in 15 minutes!"), but then it was over TWO HOURS from when we arrived before we were able to go out and actually start to enjoy the resort...the actual "check-in" itself didn't take that long, but it was waiting for our butler to meet us at check-in (you can't leave until they arrive), and then going on the tour with our butler and waiting on our butler to show us (and the others who were on our tour with us) to our rooms, and then waiting over an HOUR for our luggage to arrive at our room after we arrived in it (which we were told was "right behind us" and would "arrive any minute"...which was not the case). We were on vacation and didn't have anywhere to be, so it wasn't the end of the world, but it was still rather frustrating to have to wait over 2 hours just to start being "on vacation" after we arrived... As an aside, my parents (not in Club) had basic check-in and their luggage followed right behind them to their room...they were in their room within 15 minutes of arriving at the resort and walking to the buffet 5 minutes after that (their flight landed an hour after ours, and they were actually out enjoying the resort before us, since we were still waiting in our room for luggage).

- Service at the See & Sea -- we always had trouble getting drinks at the See & Sea for breakfast, and sometimes at lunch, too... there were times when we finished our entire breakfast before we were ever served water or coffee. By the end of the trip, it was kind of a running joke, so we would stop at the bar on the way in to grab a bottle of water so that we'd have something to drink in case they didn't come by...We also had a not-so-great experience at our dinner at the See and Sea (we sat for literally 20 minutes before a server came to our table to offer drinks and take our orders ), but the manager came by later and apologized/checked on us many times/rectified it..

- Entertainment/Nightly Shows -- the nightly shows at the theater were a letdown for us... the shows that we saw here seemed to be more about crowd participation and having the entertainment team doing things for laughs and lip-syncing, rather than being a show with real musicians/dancers/performers brought in... (we did enjoy the live music at night outside the lobby, though! but it would stop as soon as the show would start...). Also, during the day, we wished the entertainment staff would turn down the music/speaker volume for their activities at the pool and beach...We were sitting on the opposite end of the beach and we could still hear them.

- Beach vendors -- on a few occasions, people came up to our chairs on the beach to try to sell us something, or to give us a flyer/try to convince us to go to an offsite shopping center, or just walk by performing (wanting tips)... wish this wasn't allowed here.

- Butler -- our butler left hats in our room one day for us, but other than that, we never heard from him and he didn't do anything else for us. He went on his leave time half-way through our stay (and left us a note saying we would have a replacement butler), but we never met the new replacement butler. We were told that our butler could make dinner reservations for us, but when we stopped in the Elegance Club lounge to ask about it, we were told that they couldn't do it for us and we would have to come by at 8:00am the day of to make them ourselves... Oh well. We also wrote the resort ahead of time that we would be celebrating our birthdays on the trip, and we mentioned it to our butler when we arrived, but we didn't get a door banner or balloons (really not a big deal at all, but everyone else had them so we felt a little left out!).

Again, overall, we really enjoyed our stay and thought the hotel, beach and pool here were just beautiful! We also thought the small price to upgrade to the Elegance Club section was well worth it (even though our butler was MIA, we loved having the quieter private beach/pool areas, as well as having the Club beach bar, Club lounges to stop into, and a room location close to the beach). There were a few hiccups here and there during our stay, but the good definitely outweighed the not-as-good...we had a great time, and we'd return again in the future if we had the opportunity! :)

Room Tip: Stay in the Elegance Club if you can, and ask for a room closer to the beach (quieter)
Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW via mobile

The animation team is great! Very personable and hilarious.
Drinks were easy to get, no lines ever. Food was great.
I will definitely be returning soon!
Beach is clean, always working on it which is nice.
Everyone who works is very nice.
FOAM PARTY!

Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

My husband and I were here to celebrate our anniversary and his birthday. We had an awesome beautiful time. Thanks to our butler Srling for making this a memorable getaway he want above and beyond to make it so beautiful for us. Thank you Arling for all the beautiful unexpected details and Thank you Majestic for always catering to your guest. Cant wait to go back :)

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Been to Majestic Elegance Punta Cana? Share your experiences!