“Elegant and romantic 2014” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Majestic Elegance Punta Cana

Save Saved
You added Majestic Elegance Punta Cana to your Saves list
Majestic Elegance Punta Cana
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Majestic Street | Arena Gorda a Macao, Punta Cana 3005, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #14 of 101 hotels in Punta Cana
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
“Elegant and romantic 2014”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We had the time of our life. Thanks to the staff at Majestic Elegance.to name a few the butler:Arling Amador, a wonderful friendly most liveable young man I have ever meet. Arling, was there for me and my husband no matter what time or when ever. He made us feel so welcome and at home. I pray that your will be and prosper throughout your life. Your mom should be very proud of you.
I would also want tank the Animation team, you guys were also with the entertainment: I LOVE YOU GUYS.... Guadalupe, Obama, Chris Rock, and Miguel. The entertainment was the best part of the trip. You guys really knows how to inter act with people and make them feel special.
I LOVE MY JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: The honeymoon room was the best.....

9,727 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,456)
  • Polish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW via mobile

We had an absolutely incredible time. The resort and accommodations were beautiful and very picturesque. It is a well maintained resort and the attention to detail was impeccable! Our butler, Arling, was top notch as well and he made sure that we were very well taken care of. The beach was beautiful and the resort offered quite a few activities throughout the day, including some great excursions. The food was good, not the highlight of my trip, but was still pretty decent. The French restaurant and the steakhouse definitely offered the best quality food, as I wasn't blown away with the selection on the buffets. All in all, it was a wonderful trip and I would highly recommend this resort!

• Stayed August 2014
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We had a great vacation service was great hotel beautiful and the staff was wonderful great people from the dining room to the shows and especially the beach animators and all the bartenders I would like to thank Juan Carlos and Ismael for their wonderful drinks theymade for us and dadia for being such a great hostess I thank all of you for a wonderful vacation and a special thanks to all the gang I LOVE MY JOB OBAMA RIKI GUADALUPE MIGUEL SPAGHETTI THEY ARE REALLY NICE AND MAKE US ENJOY OUR VACATION WE HAD LOTS OF FUN. I WOULD ALSO LIKE TO THANK THE HOTEL STAFF FOR MAKING MY BIRTDAY AND MY SONS 30TH BIRTDAY A MEMORABLE ONE THAT WILL STAY WITH US FOREVER. WE MET WONDERFUL PEOPLE FROM EVERYWHERE. THANK YOU TO ALL THE STAFF AT THE HOTEL FOR EVERTHING :)
MARY
RODNEY
JEN

Room Tip: Beautiful rooms and fantastic room service
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Decatur, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We spent a great deal of money to upgrade our package and was unable to enjoy our vacation due to the freedom to smoke anywhere and everywhere. Do not bother requesting a non smoking room. To make it non smoking removal of the ash trays and a fresh potpourri sheet stuffed in a vent full fills their definition of non smoking. The restaurants that are inside are non smoking but you have to walk through the lobby which is full of smokers. The entertainment and swim pool bars are occupied early with smokers. We changed rooms twice with our last room having black mold which we took pictures of. Nothing a fresh coat of paint can't take care of. Right. So avoid room 1244. Very dissatisfied and will not return. Amazing they have not designated non smoking areas in this resort. Also observed smokers using the pool drain and ocean as personal ashtrays. Decatur,Ga

Room Tip: Do not expect a non smoking room or enjoy your patio if you are sensitive to smoke.
Whitesboro, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Had a great time withy the family at this vacation resort. The people at the resort were very friendly and they went out of their way to please you. More than one staff member stated that we are here to serve you. The food at the various restaurants was above average and the various bars at the resort were stocked with good premium liquor and the Beer was frankly very good. It reminded both my wife and I of Canadian beer (Labatts). The room was spacious and the very clean. Towels and other items were always available when more were needed. We requested a pool side room and there was none available. That was the only downer as we requested pool side rooms. It was sometimes difficult with the language barrier, but we were able to communicate most of the time. The tours taken at the hotel were great and the tour staffing people were great. We would certainly come back to this resort again as it was a perfect setting for our vacation.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

This is my third trip to Punta Cana. I will never return to this hotel. I work hard for my money and vacation time as do we all. This was my most disappointing trip ever. First, you are limited to one beach towel per guest. If I am paying for an all inclusive resort, I do not want to travel with beach towels. One small worn towel doesn't cut it. Food was horrible. Not even worth commenting more on. Lots of sea weed on the beach. One person serving drinks for entire club side of the beach. This was supposedly the upgraded side we paid extra for. No difference. Waste of money Was told a late check out of 2pm was permissible 2 days before checkout. When I confirmed the morning of was told it was 1pm. Room keys were disabled at 1230. I could go on and on. I have stayed at many other places for not much more money. I would not waste my hard earned money on this hotel. Look at the Excellence. You will be happy you did.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW via mobile

I visited the Majestic Elegance for a relatives wedding. My stay was okay due to the many disappointments throughout my trip. Here is my review:

Food was better than expected in the restaurant and the grounds were beautiful. However, due to the nature of the hotel, open setup, there are a lot of flies around the hotel and near the beach buffet. I saw flies landing on food by the buffet and at the fruit station and was totally disgusted. I am not a germaphobe by any means but I think it is very unhealthy to leave food unattended this way. 3 other guests had stomach upset during the trip. I attempted to communicate with the wait staff my concerns but unfortunately I do not speak Spanish and the English spoken by most of cleaning and wait staff is very rudimentary at best.

Grounds

As far as the grounds, the pools are clean and well maintained. The beach is a bit congested with all of the chairs since it isn't very wide. I was a bit disappointed with the amount of seaweed near our swimming area. I'm not sure if this a constant or just the time of year visited.
Rooms
I stayed in the Jr Suite at the Majestic. The room was nice enough but it could definitely use a deep scrubbing. The cleaning staff must be overwhelmed with the amount of rooms because there was grime in our shower and the jacuzzi tub was not clean. I actually had to clean it up myself before I braved entering it. Also, my room came with many toiletries which was nice but no washcloths at all. I received one when I asked but never another for my entire stay.
Entertainment
Sadly, they only have one major show. I stayed at the Occidental and the entertainment was amazing. The staff there was well versed in dancing bachata , merengue, and salsa. The show was great and a great reflection of the Dominican Culture. Unfortunately, Majestic Elegance puts on a Michael Jackson show which is pretty mediocre. There were no other shows offered except karaoke,how sad since I love watching skilled dancers perform. I did visit the casino, it's small but you can have a good time. Pretty dense with smoke though so be careful if you have allergies or love your lungs.
Checkout
There was a mixup with my documents made by my travel agent. They had me booked for the wrong days. My travel agent called and took full ownership for the mistake but they would not let us leave without paying for an extra day. How ridiculous, we stayed only 3 days but they wanted to charge for 4. They kept me in the office for 4 hours and did not care about my flight nor my remaining hotel stay. They completely ruined my last day. I mentioned this to management and he shrugged and said its nothing he can do about it. This completely ruined my wedding trip what a disaster I feel I did not receive what I payed for since my lady day was spent in an office. What makes me feel worse is management nor guest services cared not tried to offer any solutions. I definitely will not recommend this hotel because heaven forbid you have any issues you will be stuck with an uncaring staff and no solutions. I will not return.

• Stayed August 2014

Been to Majestic Elegance Punta Cana? Share your experiences!