“Elegance club !!!! Hey Lux resort : Are those tennis courts ??” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Majestic Elegance Punta Cana

You added Majestic Elegance Punta Cana to your Saves list
Majestic Elegance Punta Cana
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Majestic Street | Arena Gorda a Macao, Punta Cana 3005, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #16 of 99 Hotels in Punta Cana
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Boston, Massachusetts
“Elegance club !!!! Hey Lux resort : Are those tennis courts ??”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014 via mobile

Great hotel , friendly staff , I loved are one bedroom oceanfront suite , incredible lounge Elle or Ella right next door! Pool clean and cool, food / drinks everything imaginable and amazing (but not sushi ) Elegance club was private and plenty of comfortable cabanas! Breathtaking beach , no need for AC if your room is facing the ocean. Can get a little loud if you are over the pool and a loud drunk bunch of people are there , but they usually go away soon enough. Ask for better pillows and try getting a butler to do the jacuzzi ! I have been to many all inclusives in many places and this one stands out as one of the best , however I wish the tennis courts were available. I dragged my rackets with me just to look at the courts and realize the courts were horrible . I left without playing even once. Many places I went to had either clay or hard courts , but this was simply the worst courts I have ever seen , period. I would have gladly settled for court fees just to be able to play everyday ! I would have booked another resort had I known what pitiful condition they are in. Why bother mentioning you even have tennis courts. It's like saying you have a pool but not with water! I settled for gym everyday but ended up running with tennis shoes :(

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,923)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Kansas City
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

This is a revision to my first review I had factual errors that have been corrected.
This was our first stay at the Majestic Resorts in Punta Cana. My wife and I and our travel friends have been to quite a few resorts in the Caribbean, so this is far from our first time around. Admittedly I had very high expectations traveling to this resort. This was our first time in the Dominican Republic also and the Majestic Elegance was highly recommended to us. We always travel in the high season because it is our winter getaway, we look forward to it every winter and when we booked this trip back in August we knew it going to be a good one. We are a pair of older couples but not retirement age so we still like to have a lot of fun, but we are not into the total party atmosphere that a lot of resorts cater to. Having said that, the reason we picked The Majestic Elegance was the fact that it offered an adult’s only side of the resort called The Elegance Club. We were looking forward to being catered to like the other adult’s only resorts that we are accustomed to. I will start my review with the negative points and follow up with the positive aspects of the resort experience. Please note one thing, this is a very beautiful country and I would go back in a heartbeat, the people are warm and friendly and it is by far a very clean country.
After a long day of traveling from the Midwest of the United States we landed, went through customs and immigration, baggage claim and were directed to our Funjet representative Island Sun. Island Sun is very good, they were extremely helpful got us our ground transportation arranged, got us loaded in and on our way very expediently. We arrive at the Majestic and once they found out we were EC registered we were lead into an air conditioned room for personalized check in. Then were given the news that the Club was over-booked, I have no idea how that is possible when you book a trip 7 months in advance. We were told that we would have a much better room, still get to retain all of the Club benefits and a $200 credit. We agreed to it because we really didn’t have a choice and thought well we don’t spend that much time in our room anyway. We were looking forward to the adults only beach and pools and bars. This is a much bigger resort than what we are used to so it was a bit intimidating at first but we got used to it. We get to our room and it is stifling hot, the mini fridge was hot, everything in it was hot and it wasn’t full. Our butler told us that since we were inconvenienced that we could have champagne every day since we found out that they don’t stock white wine which my wife prefers as part of the mini bar. Fortunately we had an ice bucket so I got ice for the beer and the champagne while the mini fridge cools down. On Day 2, the mini fridge still did not work, we left a message for our butler for more champagne and never got it, as a matter of fact we never got another bottle the rest of our stay which was for 7 days. As for our room being a “much better room” than an EC room that thought was shattered by our third night. Right below our room at the pool bar (main pool not an EC pool) from 7 till midnight there was a wedding reception complete with a DJ and sound system. I keep asking myself how was this a better room? We walked over to the EC side and it was very serene and quiet. As usual we laughed it off, slept late the next morning. We tried to use the EC beach that was impossible, guests (presumably the ones who had rooms on the EC side had towels and belongings on every chair before breakfast, I didn't think that this was allowed from reading the “passport” book we were given upon arrival. So we went to the EC pools, the exact same thing, after walking the entire length of the non club pool we were then able to get 4 lounge chairs one of which was broken. This same thing occurred every day. My simple thought is if you have x number of guests then you should have x number of chairs. We were still happy to be in paradise even though we had to sit on the concrete of the pool or the sand on the beach.
Communication was a factor too it seemed. My wife and I decided to use the credit on a massage. We booked a 55 minute couples massage which would have taken most of the credit. Instead we ended up with a 25 minute massage, no explanation as to why but we did. So we still had a credit left, tried to use it at the gift shops and were told that the credit was for services only not merchandise. Well we gave back to the resort the remainder of our credit since we didn't use laundry or other “services”. We couldn't use the EC side of the beach or pools because there were no chairs; we got a regular room with noise at night, and didn't get any more bottles of champagne as promised and still trying to figure out why we paid extra for the Club.
Now for the positive side of our Majestic Elegance resort experience; the staff in the restaurants, the bars, and housekeeping was by far some of the most conscientious workers I have ever seen. These people were top notch and would bend over backwards to do anything for us. As for the management, I had several ladies and gentlemen in long sleeve dress shirts look at me and just walk on by. I guess if you’re not part of a wedding party then you don’t get any attention as everyone we talked to who was involved in a wedding ever had the same problems that we did. Another positive note the food at this place is very good. I have eaten at several all-inclusive resort restaurants and as far as quality of the food I couldn't ask for any better. My one and only meal complaint was at the French restaurant, the lamb was misrepresented as a tenderloin when it was actually a morsel of meat on a bone; it was still tasty just not what I thought it was supposed to be. Like I said my wife and I and our travel friends have been to many all-inclusive resorts in different countries, so we have a lot to compare with. If it were not for the room mix-up and the communication problems with using the credit, our stay would have been above average. It’s still paradise considering we left at 6 degrees above zero and the weather was perfect our entire stay. So overall out of five stars I give The Majestic Elegance a 3.75 stars.

Davenport, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

We stayed at the Majestic Elegance in February 2014. The staff there is awesome! The bar by the beach was fantastic. Maxima, Rosa and Felix made sure you were never thirsty and made every day an enjoyable experience. Our butler, Rudy, was always there with a smile and asking what he could do for us. Danly in the 'Elegance' bar by the beach always greeted you with a smile and made sure you had great food before heading down. And on our departure, Atanacio, helped reserve our cab ride to the airport, picked up our bags and had everything ready for us when our cab arrived. The staff we came in contact with were 'top notch!'

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

View was only accentuated by the excellent service! We were never without drinks! Felix and maxima the bar tenders made our memories foggy in a great way! Great drinks, always "happy happy"! The weather was great, the food at all of the restaurants we're great!

• Stayed October 2013
Buffalo, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

Upon recommendation from a friend, we decided to try the Majestic Elegance hotel. My husband and I had a wonderful, relaxing stay, and the hotel met our expectations. Our Jr. Suite was very spacious and modern, the balcony overlooked the pool. I agree with other reviews, a ground level room with direct access to the pool would've been cool in many ways, however I can also see how those rooms could lack privacy and/or be noisy. Our upper-lever room worked out well. The resort is well kept, modern, very clean, and most staff was very friendly. The pool is really incredible and endless, and I loved the easy access to the beach. If traveling w/out kids, I highly recommend upgrading to the Elegance club, the perks are well worthwhile (i.e. elegance lounge w/light food and beverages, bali beds (awesome!!!), and a few other perks). The food was good, and that's exactly what I expected. Another tripadvisor reviewer had a very smart comment regarding food on islands. Despite being at a luxurious resort, don't expect the best food of your life if you are a 'foodie', because you're on an island. If you're looking for an amazing meal, visit an expensive restaurant in the states. So, with that being said, the food was 'good'. I will say, the food was always presented beautifully whether at the buffet or in one of the many restaurants. I really enjoyed my visit to Majestic Elegance, and would highly recommend this resort. I am missing it already as I look out my window at home here with today's Blizzard conditions!!!

Room Tip: If you don't mind a little lack of privacy, the ground-level pool access rooms are cool, however...
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

Our first trip to the Dom. Republic & Punta Cana. Thanks to tripadvisor we chose the ME - Majestic Elegance Resort. We own multiple weeks of time shares in Aruba and don't usually do the All-Inclusives since we had bad experiences in the past. We decided to give this a try.

Amazing beauty surrounds this resort. The facilities are first class. The rooms (we had a Swim Up Jr. Suite) were also beautiful.

The ME Spa: is the most beautiful and tranquil spa you will ever find. It was brilliantly designed for complete tranquility. The spa is built in the middle of what seems as a tropical jungle with tons of plant life. It takes 10 minutes to walk to the entrance over a built bridge that goes through the jungle of plants. Once your inside the pools, both hot and cool are laid out tremendously with great thought and comfort design. The dry sauna is the nicest I've been in and the steam room is also amazing. They even have a beautiful aromatherapy room. So arrive an hour early before your massage and just reap in the relaxation. Our massage was a couples stress reducing 55 minute comfort massage which costs $90/person which includes the spa/pool facilities. The masseuses Denise and Martha were the very best that we have ever experienced. Perfect 11 out of 10.

The Elegance Club - Is simply a must for couples. Don't penny pinch, just reserve any room with and only with the Elegance Club included. There are just too many perks to name here. All you have to do is read the reviews (as I did) and you'll get a great idea what perks you'll appreciate.

The Elegance Club Beach Bar - Bartender Felix and Server/Fill in Bartender Rosa deserve a 11/10 as they are awesome! All the servers and workers at the ME are truly there to serve. You can tell the management carefully trains the staff because we didn't find one flaw in service the entire 6 days spent at the ME. Felix and Rosa get top recommendations for the Beach Bar.

The ME restaurants: The Sea and See restaurant by the Ocean is my favorite. We had grilled Lobster for dinner (outstanding), best lunches and breakfasts here also!! The incredible views and service are simply impeccable!! We love that the lovely maître d's always sat us at the closest shaded table to the ocean each and every meal there! I just can't get enough of the ocean and palm trees when on vacation and just sitting there at this restaurant in the morning having a delicious cup or three of coffees truly was a fantastic experience. Again the staff always was there to fill your cup of coffee, water or bring you drinks without asking. I do suggest tipping throughout your trip with a $1 - $3 tip for your servers to show appreciation. We brought 200 $1 bills with us and had fun showing our appreciation throughout our stay. Again, the staff at ME is top notch.

The Italian Restaurant was my 2nd favorite. The Lobster Spaghetti entre was the best I've ever had. HOT delicious and simply makes my mouth water thinking about it.

We liked the Japanese restaurant very much and found the Benihana style experience a lot of fun. The chef was an expert with the cooking tools and made us all laugh. The food was prepared very well. The Sushi appetizer was also great!

The Steak house was OK. I ordered the Rib Eye which I thought would be the most non-tough steak on the menu. I was wrong. The meat was terribly tough and hard to chew. This was the biggest disappointment of any meal. It was very slow service and just not nearly as enjoyable as our other dining experiences. We were going to have dinner in the French Restaurant, but we made reservations too early and decided to have dinner a the Steak House...Bad Decision but what the hay...Right?

The Elegance Club Butler service: A+ goes to Rafael. He made all our reservations (Japanese, and French restaurant are required to make reservations - not what I read on this site) which was very nice. Rafael went out of his way to make our stay enjoyable including the most amazing bubble bath Jacuzzi experience you could ask for with a full bottle of champagne on ice. He helped with our shower problem (read below) and with our checking in and checking out!! We will ask for Rafael next time!

Hall of Fame Servers. maître d's Richardson, Jefferson, Wendy, Santo Victorino Alberto and Rosemary at the various restaurants all get my Superstar Awards!!! Excellent Service

Lobby Bar - Lower Level - is amazing!! What a great bar and atmosphere! The superstar bartenders, Alejandro, Francis and William are excellent. Francis, the Bald one (another Francis works this bar but we didn't come in contact with him) gets my Ace of Diamonds for being extra nice and very professional!! He is quite the bartender. Alejandro and William are Aces in my book as well.

The Shows - As good as it gets for resort shows.
The Casino - As my college daughter would put it, it was "Jankee" (Cheesy). We won $10 on a slot machine and never really desired to return.

The only reason I didn't rate this amazing resort as 5 Stars is that we had a problem our first night when we took a shower (by the way, I loved the surround shower heads with the flat upper shower head) it completely flooded the front area of our room. The drain was clogged and we didn't realize it until we got out of the shower. It was a dangerous slippery mess. We put down every towel we had in the room and did the best to dry the floor. We called the front desk and waited and waited for someone to come to our room. We finally gave up and left to get something to eat and because it was stressful and that's not good on your first day of vacation. We decided to wait until the next day and again we waited for the person to show up. The Maintenance guy shows and doesn't speak a lick of English. He leaves to get help or more tools (not sure what he said) and then comes back 30 minutes later. He calls the captain and the captain translates that it will take a couple of hours to fix. We didn't want to wait in the room for them to fix this problem and the captain assured us our stuff would be safe. So off we went and had a shower that drained for the rest of our trip.

Here's a suggestion for the General Manager and Investors of this resort. Look, you paid millions to build this beautiful resort, hired hundreds, trained them and all your investments could be put at risk if you let these small mishaps hurt your resort reputation. My solution would be this........

Get the best of your maintenance staff (an outstanding Manager also), hire specialists that fix problems & issues and create a 24/7 Customer Satisfaction Emergency Situation Team. You know stuff happens and things don't always go right. BUT if you plan and put together this team, that would react to issues QUICKLY, like the fire department for the satisfaction of your guests, you would have a reputation of excellence that couldn't be beat in Punta Cana or the world for that matter. Once a guest calls in a problem, this team moves with a sense of urgency to solve any problem for your guests. Just the fact that your guests know your team is on the case will make for huge customer service ratings increases. The speed of service is a huge factor (from reading these posts). If you can fix this for future guests, I believe your payback will be huge! More guests will return to ME and your vacation destination reputation would be the standard that all others would strive for. I'm an expert at putting these types of teams together and I really think you would benefit from this free advice.

Feel free to contact me anytime...R. Albert (Guest from 3/6 to 3/11/2014)

Grand Rapids, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

This is a beautiful resort that has everything you could ever want as far as entertainment and food. The pools were the perfect temperature to be able to cool off, not like bath water. The beach was so gorgeous and it was right there, not hard to get to at all. We were greeted by our butler Julio, and he was our butler for the whole week. He kept an eye on us the whole time and anything we needed he made sure it happened....remarkable! Hands down the best part of this experience was the staff, I can't imagine being more entertained at any other resort in Punta Cana. There was something going on almost all the time, and the guys doing the entertaining were so much fun!! Duracell was one of the staff members that left a lasting impression on our entire group. PAY THE EXTRA MONEY FOR VIP....WELL WORTH THE MONEY!!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Majestic Elegance Punta Cana? Share your experiences!