“Paradise” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Majestic Elegance Punta Cana

You added Majestic Elegance Punta Cana to your Saves list
Majestic Elegance Punta Cana
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Majestic Street | Arena Gorda a Macao, Punta Cana 3005, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #16 of 99 Hotels in Punta Cana
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Zanesville, Ohio
“Paradise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

This was the most beautiful place I've ever seen. This is mine and my husbands first all inclusive vacations and it was our honeymoon. We stayed in the majestic elegance club. This was the adults only part of the resort and was awesome. We were greeted by our butler and had a private check in area with a glass of champagne. We then began our tour with the first stop being at the bar to taste their signature drink. It was amazing. Tasted like a dream sickle! He then showed us all the shops, pools, beach, lounges with 24 hour snack foods and free wifi and computers, then he took us to our room where we had a banner on our door that said "honeymooners." Our butler Sergio was fantastic, always checking in and making sure everything was ok, got us dinner reservations, and came back to our room with rose petals and champagne and jacuzzi ready to go!!! There were always plenty of chair for the beach and to pool. Every night and day they have activities if you want yo participate. The outside bar staff was the greatest!!!! They would come to you on the beach and remember exactly what you were drinking and before you would be finished you had a drink in hand. The best bartenders were Felix, Maxima, Rosa, and Kerlin. They made you feel like family. Emmanuel was always so great providing you with fresh towels every time you turn around. Every restaurant we ate at was amazing. Our favorites were the Italian and French for dinner. They have a pretty good breakfast buffet. The sea and see has a wonderful lunch buffet with brick oven pizzas, make your own pasta, and much more. Our room was the junior suite and when we walked onto our patio you could see the beach. The beach was beautiful. My husband and I knew from the second we walked into the gorgeous open lobby we would be coming back. We had a couples massage on the beach. Even though there were some noisy activities going on, the girls were so good we didn't even note. The spa is a little pricey but so worth doing at least one thing a stay. We have already booked another trip for Sept 2014! The only thing I don't recommend is doing the excursion to Saona Island. Was a 12 hour excursion and was disappointing. We honestly don't want to leave the resort. It's so peaceful and relaxing. They have great shows every night, a casino, and night club. We didn't have a care in the world and just laid back and were pampered the entire time. We can't wait to come back and see everyone! I would recommend for anyone!!!

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Majestic-Ele, General Manager at Majestic Elegance Punta Cana, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Dear Lindsay,

We are honored for choosing the Majestic Elegance for your honeymoon and thank you for sharing your experience with us through this website.

We are thrilled to hear that you and had an amazing time here with us and I am glad to hear that you loved our hotel and especially the perks of the Club. I am also glad you loved our food, beach, your room and staff with a special note to Sergio, Feliz, Maxima, Rosa and Kerlin.

On behalf of them and all our staff I would like to thank you for your nice words of recognition for our work. Our main goal is the total satisfaction of our guests, and we are very glad to read that we accomplish that goal during your stay.

We look forward to welcoming you soon back at the Majestic Elegance in Punta Cana!

José Maria Gutierrez

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,921)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Corona, California, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

This hotel wasn't bad for the price. We upgraded for the adult only pool and building, which wasn't anything special, as the children were literally in noise distance and the pool for adults was much smaller and less activities going on. However, I do like the peacefulness. We stayed at this resort for our honeymoon. We arrived to our room with a Honeymoon Banner on our door. Was super cool as I still have it and every time you walk in or out, people would comment. The overall facility was not bad for the price. We also had a nice dinner at sunset on the beach, which is an added touch. This does cost extra but is included for newlyweds and other celebrations. However the quality of food was not very good and the drinks were all well brand, nothing name brand. We absolutely loved the excursions and the island and have been to many of the neighboring Caribbean islands and this is our favorite island. Love the vast forest, valleys and hills. It's nice to see not all islands cluttered with only poverty driven city life. Take some time to take a few excursions. My personal favorite was the Booze Bus, which was roughly 8 hours, lots of rum and cokes, and you toured all around the island. Having lunch on a horse ranch with horseback riding and more. This island has a lot to see and do in comparison to others. We always felt safe and never really had any issues.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Plainview, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

Everyone on staff was great, starting from the special check-in and awareness tour especially our butler, Juan Lugo and the entire staff. Juan was always available for any of those questions we had, and even booked a dinner with a special surprise birthday cake for those celebrating birthdays! Made it all the better. He even arranged to have "Happy Birthday" banners on our room doors.

We went to yoga and had a great instructor, Angel. He knew his stuff and made sure everyone in the class received individual attention during the session. We went multiple times and he varied the poses so we all had a very positive experience.

Breakfast and lunch were very good. The fresh omelets were a favorite and one of the cooks had a great sense of humor, hi-fives and all. The bartenders made some great drinks - just ask them. Felix by the beach bar made his "Felix Special". And they will all put a little extra in them if you ask.

Dinner was mostly good - Italian and French leading the way. The steakhouse was another story. Supposedly the best, I guess we had a bad chef because three of the six steaks were not good, burnt to a crisp - one of such poor meat quality it should never have been served (yes, we had it thrown out). We did not go there again - but all the other restaurants were very good.

The rooms were very nice and the service excellent. The cover blanket came damaged but the night crew was there in a flash to change it. They were apologetic, but more importantly they were there, friendly and quickly took care of it. Couldn't really ask for anything else.

Would we go back - absolutely! With people like those at the Majestic, it made the stay just so nice - like a vacation should be.

Room Tip: If there are no kids in the group, choose the Elegance Club.
Dear Dennis,

We are honored for choosing the Majestic Elegance for your holidays and thank you for sharing your experience with us through this website.

We are thrilled to hear that you and had an amazing time here with us and I am glad to hear that you loved our hotel and especially the perks of the Club. I am also glad you loved our food, yoga classes, your room, and especially the service with a special note to Juan, Angel and Felix.

San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

My new husband and I were visiting the Dominican Republic for the first time and are glad we went to this resort as the service was great the environment was fun and romantic. There are a lot of activities available for those interested, and booking through Expedia seemed to make the experience evenbetter. Their conceirge service helped make sure that as soon as se stepped off of the plane, the transportation they made available while booking facilitated a very smooth experience as soon as we passed through customs.

You do have to pay a $10.00 entrance fee to get into the country. Luckily we had cash but that would've been good to know ahead of time.

Although the resort says all tips are included, the majority of the staff lives in housing provided by the resort 11 days on 3 days off when many of them return o see their families several hours away.
Since they cover their housing, I can imagine that the included tips are something that they don't get compensated very well for. Employees seemed generally happy, which is always good. By no standards are we rich, but we tipped the amount that you would tip for service in the US. No need to give them less since the cost of living is lower. I hope we were able to help them out a little for their hard work.
The VIP checkin was great. The resort does a good job of feeling like they are rolling out the red carpet for you. For the Elegance club side of the resort they have a special check and separate concierge with tv, snacks, AC among other things. This is where all dinner reservations were made. Highly recommend the Japanese steak house. Italian we did for lunch one day which was good, and the seafood restaurant was nice if you like seafood. The general buffet though was really pretty good lots of variety. The pumpkin soup on the room service menu was awesome.

Our butler, Harry Milor, was great! I would ask for him again and recommend others do the same. He understands and is a natural when it comes to Customer service. He was real and genuine, and it was heartfelt. The majority of the employees were very nice and pleasant, which was good. This is a good representative for the resort so I hope others have the same experience. A true asset.

Our concierge Gianniny, was also very sweet and helpful in getting us the reservations for dinner at the Japanese place.

The rooms were nice. The toilets were American sized which means I felt like I was ging to fall in. My feet were dangling. I'm short, but your toes won't touch the floor if you're under 5'4". High powered shower and private jacuzzi were very nice.

Another guest mentioned that things were damp and that was our experience as well. They weren't wet but it seemed like clothes were always a little moist whenyou put them on. The AC in the rooms were not cooling with drier air. Granted, you are on an island, the humidity was high but the rooms were comfortable and cool.

Get your beach towels first thing in the am because they run out from time to time. That was learned the hard way. Same with the bali beds. We accessed the pool from our back door where there was an uncovered bed specifically fornus which was nice. The covered ones go quickly.

We will likely go back again. However, we might choose to go some where on the Carribean side of the island but the water seemed pretty blue and clear even though we were on the atlantic side of the island.

Room Tip: It was great to be on the elegance side of the resort and worth whatever the small difference is bet...
Dear Newlyweds,

We are thrilled to hear that you and your husband had an amazing time here with us and I am glad to hear that you loved our hotel and service, and especially the perks of the Club. I am also glad you were pampered by your butler Harry and the concierge Gianniny.

Acushnet, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

I have to say that my wife and I were generally thrilled with the place. Facilities are great and the staff is very friendly and accommodating. We were in the "Elegance Club" and I was impressed with the private check in and the tour of the facilities.

The rooms are appointed very nicely although the room we were in was showing some signs of wear and deferred maintenance. Nothing extreme but it was not like new. Majestic Colonial is right next door (connected really) and we walked over there a few times. Some nice little souvenir shops. Room includes a stocked mini fridge and a four assorted bottles of alcohol. I have to admit though, I've never heard of Jelzin Vodka. I'm a vodka guy too. One disappointment was the hair in the hot tub (ick). Just one but that is one too many. I joked with my wife that I would use the vodka to give it a good cleaning.

We went to most of the restaurants. Food was generally very good but not spectacular. No WOW dining moments. Nightly entertainment was great. Some top shelf alcohol but not all brands are represented at the bar. (Example: They have Stoli and Absolut but not Grey Goose or Ketel One).

TRAVELLER WARNING: There is a gift store down the hall from the front desk on the left hand side. All inventory is priced in US dollars. If you pay with a credit card, the sale is translated into local pesos before it is charged to your card. We made two separate purchases in the store over the 5 days we were there. TWICE the girl in the store added $10 (exactly) to the dollar price before she translated to pesos. I caught the second sale "adjustment" and went back to the store immediately. She claimed it was an error and reversed and corrected the sale. When we got back to our room, we checked the first purchase which had had been made the day before and discovered the same error. Unfortunately we were packing to leave and didn't want to go through the hassle of challenging the transaction. I did bring this to the attention of our butler, Roody, who really didn't seem surprised and didn't offer to do anything about it. An unfortunate end to an otherwise great time. I suspect that the woman in the store does this all the time and most do not notice that a $26 tshirt should be 1,092 pesos and not 1,512 pesos (At a 42 conversion).

Overall very nice and recommended but watch your wallet. The gift store rip off made what was otherwise a 5 star experience into a 4 star one.

Dear Bankguy1961,

I would like to thank you for choosing the Majestic Elegance for your holidays and also for sharing your experience with us and other travelers. Every complaint, compliment and suggestion will help us to raise standards, as well as review and improve our services and facilities.

I am glad to hear you and your wife enjoyed our gorgeous hotel and the perks of our Club.

I would like to apologize for any inconveniences you have had regarding the souvenir shops. These shops are from independent owners, and we are trying to supervise so this kind of things does not happen on our grounds. I will pass your comments to the specific department coordinator so we can prevent this from happening again!

On behalf of my entire staff, I would once again like to apologize for any inconveniences and we hope to welcome you back any time soon at our beautiful hotel!

Warm regards,

4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

This was our first all inclusive vacation so I don't have anything to compare it too. Overall it was a great vacation. The resort is very clean and offers a variety of activities. We stayed in the "elegance club" so it was adults only.we were in building 3 -one of the closet to the beach which was nice but then it made us furthest from the lobby and most restaurants. But the resort is not as big as it first appears and everything is just a brief walk away. There are several pools scattered through out and for the elegance club there were cabana beds at the pool and the beach which was cool and there we're little palm umbrellas set up on the beach for shade. The food was surprisingly good. We were able to eat at all the restaurants. The elegance club had several mini lounges that offered drinks and snacks. Most of the staff was friendly but sometimes it seemed liked they weren't very attentive . Since they aren't necessarily working for tips they don't always seem to give the best service- this was only evident a few times - over all the service was fine( and we did tip) . We had a butler which seems over rated, we only used him/saw him the first day. The water is beautiful but the resort is technically on the Atlantic side so it's strong and has waves. The drinks were always good:) and you could order them anywhere! They even had servers on the beach. They had shows or a band most night which was fun- we saw the circus and the Michael Jackson which were awesome! The magic show was a little cheesy. The entertainment team is great.Now for the less than great parts: we arrived about 3 And should have had a fair amount of time to take in the pool and beach and resort before dinner-however after checking in and getting the"tour" ( a walk from the lobby to your room with several other people who happened to check in at the same times as you) we were told our luggage would be up in 10 mins... So we waited... And waited...and waited and after an hour we called down to the lobby to see what the deal was and I was told "it's on its way" even though they didn't ask my name my room number or my luggage tag number or a description of the luggage... So that felt like they were just blowing us off... Another 30 mins later we still did not have our luggage so we called our butler who did ask fora description and was able to track it down and another 30 mins later we had it. So that was 2 hours of our first day wasted and by then it was after 5 so we did not get to really do to much beside take a short beach walk and unpack and change for dinner. We didn't receive a"welcome" cocktail upon arrival, nor was there a pillow menu or aromatherapy scents in the room. Our room did not have musty or moldy smell fortunately but it was damp. It is very humid and though there is air conditioning it won't go below 20 degrees Celsius so it was ok but not very cool and not cool enough to combat the humidity so your clothes and sheets and all just felt slightly damp all the time. I would go to bed with wet hair and walk up with it still not dry. They do not have wash cloths- we had seen other posts about this so we brought our own. They only give you 2towels unless you ask for more ( and each day you have to ask for more) . The toiletries offered are pitiful- like 1/3 substance and the rest just water. And no conditioner so I would just bring your own shampoo conditioner shower gel and lotion, they do offer a toothbrush with toothpaste a razor and cream,and some other convenient items though. There were some minor issues in the room I.e. Lights out or missing /broken tiles/ broken alarm clock/ . The beach towels are first come first serve with special cards, we always got fresh towels in the morning but they would usually runout of towels in the afternoon so you just had to keep the same sandy or wet towel all day which was rough. It was an older crowd(50-60s) which could have just been the time of year and there were some unsavory characters which was surprising given the price of the resort. Overall it was a great experience and I think we would go back and recommend the resort to other with just a few caveats .

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Swdavis3,

I am glad to hear you enjoyed our beautiful hotel and that you loved our beach, our food, and our other facilities in the club. I am also glad to hear you loved our entertainment and our staff.

I would like to apologize for any inconveniences you have had in our hotel regarding your luggage and your room. I will pass your comments to the specific department coordinator so we can prevent this from happening again!

Warm regards,

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

My fiancé and I just got back last week and the memories of the 9 days spent at the majestic elegance in Punta Cana DR, will last forever. Everything from the food to the entertainment was fabolous. The service was incredible. Honestly tipping the servers really goes a long way because we really received the best service at any given time of the day. Some of the best times we had were with the entertainment staff. Herman, Miguel, Trini, Riki and Kauri became like fAmily. They are an amazing group of people and really made our vacation awesome and so much fun. Also our personal butler Santiago was there to take care of all of our needs. Although you don't need much here because everything is at arms reach. Overall we had a wonderful time and we can't wAit to go back!

Dear Leana,

We are thrilled to hear that you and your fiance had an amazing time here with us and I am glad to hear that you loved our food and service, especially our entertainment team with a special note to Herman, Miguel, Trini, Riki and Kauri

José Maria Gutierrez

Been to Majestic Elegance Punta Cana? Share your experiences!