“Favourite Punta Cana resort!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Majestic Elegance Punta Cana

Save Saved
You added Majestic Elegance Punta Cana to your Saves list
Majestic Elegance Punta Cana
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Majestic Street | Arena Gorda a Macao, Punta Cana 3005, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #15 of 100 hotels in Punta Cana
Toronto, Canada
“Favourite Punta Cana resort!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

My husband and I are visiting Majestic Elegance for the 5th year in a row on January 19th. We love so many things about this resort including it's location which is on a point and rarely suffers from the "disappearing" beach that some other nearby resorts experience. The beach here is wide and clean, the water is calm (good for me) but not too calm (good for my husband). The grounds and rooms are beautiful and I can't say enough about the awesome staff who welcome us back each year like long lost friends. Hotel management make every effort to accommodate our preferences and even though we have been assigned different Elegance Club Butlers each year, the previous years Butlers remember us and always ask if we need anything during our stay. Overall experience is that we feel valued.
We've eaten at every restaurants and enjoy them all. We especially like our breakfast omelettes at the open air, oceanfront restaurant and often have dinner at the Steakhouse. The sushi bar in the Japanese restaurant is also a great way to start your evening.
I think a true testament to how great this place is the number of repeat guests. Each year we think we'll go somewhere else the following year but then we'd miss the other guests and staff and it keeps us coming back for more!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

9,378 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,325)
  • Polish first
St-Constant(Montreal)-Qc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

This was our 4th time at the Majestic Elegance in Punta Cana for the Xmas Holidays, and once again it was just perfect. They even made some very nice rénovations at the Club section. The food, as usual, was great and the service, as always, was excellent. Thanks to all for another great vacation. Looking foward to going back again next Xmas.

Jack and Doreen

Room Tip: IN THE CLUB SECTION if you don't have children
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

My husband and I went for a week long vacation to this resort, and we had a great time! The service was very accommodating, and you could tell they wanted to do their best to make this the best experience they could. The staff was very friendly and fun to talk to. The rooms were clean and spacious. Sometimes we had trouble getting fresh towels, but we would call housekeeping or find the housekeepers to get new ones. I would recommend paying the extra bucks to do the elegance club. You have your own private pool with cabanas, a private bar, along with other nice amenities. The food was okay, but we didn't expect it to be amazing because it was all-inclusive. I like to spin as a work-out, and I was excited to find out that they had spinning classes! Elsa, the instructor, was a great instructor and provided a hard yet fun workout! I was very impressed by her, and the work-out made me feel better about drinking all of the pina coladas and what not :-). The actual gym could use some updating. Only two of the four treadmills were working, and the equipment looked pretty old. The 24 hour medical services came in handy when my husband cut himself with glass at 10pm, and he had to get stitches. The doctor was very nice and professional. Overall, my husband and I had a fun time and it was a great escape from the cold winter of Chicago!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

The hotel upgraded us free of charge since we were celebrating our anniversary. Our butler Ruddy was wonderful showing us all the things at the resort to take advantage of. They do think of everything. My only complaint is they don't have as full a bar as we are usually accustomed too. Beach was beautiful, pools clean and beautiful, never had a problem finding a lounge chair to lay in and never had to wait for a drink. The only disappointing part of the trip was the spa, which the massage was not relaxing or good. We paid the same price I would have at a spa here at home but without the same quality of service. I would defiantly recommend this resort to relax, food was good and consistent not amazing.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

Flight was at 6am, had been up for 24 hours before.
Got to Punta Cana at noon their time.
Found our transportation quickly and were on our way.
Got to hotel, no one to meet us and staff did not speak English.
Had luggage ripped from my hand no explanation. When i went over to desk to ask why they told me that they handle all baggage from lobby to room. It would of been nice to be told what was going on before it was so rudely taken from me. Oh well, i'm in the sun and not the snow.
Rooms were not ready so they gave us wrist bands to access the resort, but we were not allowed back to our bags so we could change and no hospitality suite to shower.
Our check in was for 3 pm, we finally got our rooms at 6pm after going back to front desk many times and finally begging for a room.
There was nine of us and our rooms were supposed to be together they ended up in different building on different floors and when we got there, there was no bags.
After another couple of hours i had tracked down everyones bags and got them to the appropriate rooms, as well as locating lost golf clubs that were in a back room in a corner. Why i have no idea, i was just happy to find them. To acheive this i begged and pleaded and was lucky to find a front line staff memeber who went out of his way to help me. Management couldn't care less. DAY ONE down lots of stress, no fun.
DAY TWO started nicely but soon turned bad as the lack of communication and understanding for peoples needs became apparent. We were travelling with older folks (mid 80's, beginnings of alzheimers and dimentia) we were told that the hotel helped special needs, but we found the opposite, they did not want to have anything to do with them. Since some of us were in the Adult only section and some were in children allowed section we had different wristbands. It was my turn to watch my wife's parents to give the others a break and we were sitting quietly near the beach on a day bed in the adult only section, i had not tried to use any of the services or amenities i was simply sitting with them to make sure they were okay. I was approached by staff and toll i would have to leave. I tried to explain my situation, there answer was if i didn't leave they would call security. I tried again to explain that i couldn't just leave them and they were tired and couldn' t be moved right now. Luckily as things were starting to get out of hand another of my party showed up. They were escorted to mangement were they were given two options after much debate. 1. pay a fee for being able to sit in the adult only section for those of us with kids or move the parents to the kids section with NO refund on the price of their accomadations. Finally after i spoke privately to mangaement and explained that this was unacceptable they agreed to let one of us without charge look after the parents in the adult section.
DAY TWO down lots of stress, no fun..
DAY THREE woke up thinking everything would be fine. WRONG
Seems that my wife and i had gotten food poisoning from room service the night before and it was BAD. We spent the next day in agony.
DAY THREE down lots of ????, no fun.
DAY FOUR woke up feeling better and finally started to enjoy my vacation. For the rest of the vacation things went better, The front line staff was wonderful and helped as much as they could given that very few spoke English. But we seemed to communicate through other means.
THE RESORT GROUNDS
On the whole the resort was nice, however it was NOT five star, perhaps 3 at the most.
The pools were missing tiles, the sidewalks were broken in alot of places, the pool tables were in bad repair,(no tips, dirty etc..) gym's were also poorly maintained. There was signs of neglect everywhere and open holes and damaged buildings, the roof of the lobby bar fell in, luckky no one was under it. The beach was nice, but again not five star.
THE RESTAURANTS
Most were acceptable and had good food, however, for an island surrounded by fish and good weather, fruit was not great and fish choices were limited, other than that OK.
THE ENTERTAINMENT
Only 2 nights had good entertainment of a 5 star quality, the rest were lacking and during the day it was ok, nothing outstanding.
THE ROOMS
Dirty and not well maintained at all, smelled of mold and had mold in showers toilet area and around bathtub. Tiles were cracked and you could see that they hand not been properly cleaned in who know's how long, The furniture was badly worn and faded with stains and scratches. The bed was not great and the cover was old and dirty.
THE MANGEMENT
They should all be fires and the company should hire people that know what they are doing and what a Five star resort should be and how it should be run.
I loved the country and the people but i would never go back to this resort!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
phila
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

Our whole family and (5 families, 8 kids aged 15-23) just returned from our stay during Christmas break.
THE GOOD: staff was very nice however most spoke minimal English so it was difficult communicating what we wanted. The entertainment team was very good, always trying to get everyone involved. The weather was good and the beach was clean and had people cleaning it at all times.
Also Management cares as I spend 30 minutes discussing the place with the GM.
Food was the same as you get anywhere in the island so although neither bad nor good but what we have come to expect. Did like the fact that is what not as big as the Hard Rock but that is a personal preference as the Hard Rock certainly has a lot more to do in the evening.
HOWEVER the Bad outweighs the Good. We stayed in the Elegance Club section.
They do not know how to deal with large families at dinner in the restaurants that require reservations. We could not get one until I spoke to the GM and he began to understand the way the restaurants were not dealing with the issue. The Butler they provide was a little use and did not even try to help us out until we got our second Butler. The Assistant Manager Ms. Ramirez was very helpful and actually became my contact after the 3rd day in order to make sure no more problems occurred. She was good but did not have enough power to make everything needed but had a direct line to GM.
The rooms are outdated. Have not been renovated for over 5 years and you could tell. Positive was the rooms are big and do not have any real mechanical problems.
Bottom line - we will not be back next year unless the hotel has a total makeover. Also the Punta Blanca golf course associated with the hotel was not in great shape. For the fee (cart fee) green fees included in hotel stays, t was okay but would impact my decision as well.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Chicago
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I along with our four adult children vacationed at the Majestic Elegance, Punta Cana over the Christmas holiday. We booked through Apple Vacations and upgraded to the Elegance Club. The resort is very beautiful with grounds that are well manicured and constantly maintained. Our room was large and well appointed with jacuzzi tub, sitting area and patio. Some patios had chaise lounges, but not all. Ours did not. The shower and toilet areas are in need of a remodel. Toiletries offered are not high end. The Elegance Club level also has several "members only" concierge lounges. There were always snacks available in there, computers for guest use and staff to answer questions.
The beach and pool areas are also beautiful, but it was almost impossible to find a beach chair after 11:00am. This was very disappointing. There was no staff willing or able to help us find chairs. We asked. Communication with staff was generally difficult, mostly due to the language differences. But it also seemed that the staff had not been well trained in their assigned jobs.The housekeepers couldn't understand requests for towels and the restaurant waitstaff had difficulty taking and executing orders. There was plenty of staff, though, and they were all extremely friendly. Our butler, Juan, was very attentive during our weeks stay.
Our family's major complaint was with the dining experience. We all found the food lacking. We are accustomed to fine restaurants and food and we were looking forward to good meals while on vacation. Our meals in the buffet were really disappointing. The food was not prepared well. Very boring, undercooked and under seasoned. Food that should have been hot was not. The Japanese restaurant was fun but the food prepared tabletop was overcooked making the shrimp and meat very dry and tough. We tried all the different eating venues and enjoyed the steakhouse restaurant the best. The food was consistently good from soup to desert and the waitstaff was nice.
The alcoholic beverages did not appear to have any alcohol content. We heard others comment on that fact.
We have been on many resort vacations, cruises and travels in the US and abroad and have never been so disappointed with the quality of food preparation and taste. I would not recommend the Majestic Elegance, Punta Cana for this reason.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Been to Majestic Elegance Punta Cana? Share your experiences!