“Back again in less than 3 months” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Majestic Elegance Punta Cana

You added Majestic Elegance Punta Cana to your Saves list
Majestic Elegance Punta Cana
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Majestic Street | Arena Gorda a Macao, Punta Cana 3005, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #13 of 102 Hotels in Punta Cana
“Back again in less than 3 months”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

I had previously visited the Majestic Elegance back in July and came back again from Oct.5 to Oct.11. My family and I had an amazing time back in July and figured why not go back again. First off, the special touch of putting welcome back banners on our door rooms was just great. Had a warm-welcoming feeling.

It was great being able to go back and see so many of the workers that made our trip worth while. First off, it was a great pleasure being served again by Rinel De La Rosa who was fantastic and would always go above and beyond the first time we met him in July and then this trip around. Rinel any where he saw us would always come by see how we were doing, tell us a couple of jokes, and treat us like if we were family. Carlos Santana from the Asadito Steak restaurant as well was great with us. Also, we were able also to reunite with Leonardo from the Buffet in the Mornings who would also work in the Italian restaurant at night. He is such a sweet heart who would always manage to greet us any chance he could. We also received great service from Juan Carlos Gomez Mendez who worked at the buffet during the night.

The experience when it came to the entertainment this time around was a bit disappointing. The animation team was not it's best. All the guy animators we had met in July were all gone only Blacky the MC was left and the girls, but there was barely any fun.In July in the small plaza by the lobby the animation team would always dance and interact with the guests and dance with us. Now in July it was very rare to see the few animators left actually dance with the guests [a bit of a bummer for me since I'm big on dancing]. Some of the shows at night are great, but I wish there was more of a variety to see. I first visited the Majestic Elegance in August of 2010 and the shows have been the same with the exception of perhaps one show. One suggestion is perhaps changing the magic show, same tricks and same loud music which is a bit distracting when trying to focus on the acts.

My room was in the second building close to the beach and pool [can't remember my room number at this time] and it was great except my air conditioner wasn't working. Thankfully, I called front desk and my air conditioner was replaced the same day and there was no more issues with it the remaining of my stay. The room is a bit worn down, but that didn't bother me as much because I did see a lot of maintenance work being done this time around. I'm a big swimmer and I love the pool. Yes, it's true what many reviewers say how the pool has a lot of missing tiles, but that's typical in 99.9% of all the pools located in resorts. I do really want to congratulate this one woman bartender from the pool who was amazing. I cant remember her name, but she was amazingly attentive to us and was quick with our orders.

Overall, if you're looking for a relaxing vacation I would recommend coming during the non-peak months as I just experienced the resort was not as packed as it was in July and there were barely any kids either.

As for my next trip to Punta Cana, I don't think I'll return back to the Majestic Elegance because of the lack of entertainment I witnessed now in October.

The service is great which is a big plus, but maybe if the entertainment livens up a bit I'll come back. At the end of the day, I vacation to escape reality to indulge in fun. If I have no fun it won't be a complete vacation.

One last suggestion I do have is, the Majestic Elegance should perhaps try to incorporate a reward points system for repeating guests like myself. It would be a great incentive and a great way to retain guests and gain more.

Room Tip: If you're looking to be closer to the beach and pool ask for a room in the 2nd building. Also, i...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Majestic-Ele, Public Relations Manager at Majestic Elegance Punta Cana, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Dear Kristina2,

thank you for having chosen the Majestic Elegance again and for sharing your experience with us through this website.

We are really glad to know that you had a wonderful relaxing vacation with us and that you specially enjoyed the beautiful beach, staff service, restaurants and bars.

At the same time I would like to thank you for your constructive comments that are for us a great help to improve. In Majestic Elegance we believe that it is only through listening carefully to the comments and suggestions of our customers, that we will be able to achieve the constant improvement, guest satisfaction and quality service that we strive for. Your observation regarding the entertainment are very important to us, we have sent your comments to the corresponding managers in order to take them under consideration and improve at the mentioned points.

I do hope to have the opportunity to serve you here at our Majestic Elegance again. If there is anything at all I can do for you, do not hesitate to contact me; I will be more than pleased to assist you.

Public Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,693)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

The food, ambience , and staff were wonderful . The best part was no need to make reservations at the restaurants. Never a wait and food was great
We will definitely be back. We are bringing the kids and their spouses next year. Great value
It was a wonderful resort the only issue we had all week was that someone stole our towels off of our beach chairs. Weird because they left our reading materials. There is a $25.00 fee for each lost towel. We went to manager and explained the situation and we did not have to pay the fee . Not sure why someone would have the need to do it because you can exchange your wet towels anytime you want.

• Stayed November 2013
Lake Winnebago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

My wife & I went with our friends to celebrate a 20th wedding anniversary. The food was great, the staff worked hard to make our trip memorable. We had a blast when we wanted to party but where still able to also enjoy a quite dinner with friends. Lifetime memories where made and we will be back to make more. The upgraded room was worth every penny and the beach was cleaner than the resorts on each side.

Room Tip: swim up suite was amazing
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Doug B,

Thank you very much for your recent stay here at the Majestic Elegance and for recommending us to other travelers and friends.
We are very pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay very much celebrating your 20th wedding anniversary and appreciate your nice words for our property, the food, the staff service and our pools and restaurants.

We are really looking forward to welcoming you soon back at the Majestic Elegance and the Club.

Best Regards

US
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

On our ninth trip to Punta Cana we booked this resort mainly for the elegance club butler service and extras, plus the reviews and location being away from the bavarro crowds . For the money they really don't know how to run a luxury club and I feel you can do much better. They missed the private check in for us, our butler basically dumped us after a 10 minute tour and told us to track him down for the special bubble bath and that was it. Evidently very lazy. We were given a room on the service road facing the border fence of the property with zero view. This is not what we paid extra for. We were left to find the private beach on our own and thought the regular beach was ours which was elbow to elbow. We asked to change rooms and were ignored by the butler and front desk until you mention the magic words change resorts. Zero help from Liberty Travel, Pottstown Pa incidentally, never again ! At that point we were permitted to see Argenis who runs the Elegance Club and he will accommodate you somewhat. We were upgraded to a large suite overlooking the pool which was nice but had major mildew problems which you will immediately know when you see candles,etc. We were given an excellent butler who did take very good care of us. I strongly recommend to Argenis that he spend some training time with the butlers on some minimum standards of service. However, after spending a couple of days on the phone and dealing with this made this an unmemorable vacation for us. After just having a death in the family its not what we needed. Additionally, there are a number of things that are not as advertised. Some roof top bars are closed down, there is no dvd library, and the wifi in the lounges is very bad and very poorly done .Also, the concierge people working in the lounges speak very poor English, so good luck with reservations etc. They really need to work on that. According to my computer husband they pretty much have an insecure, rube Goldberg connection. Best advice was to download the Magic Jack app that gives you free calls. Ask, but its hush hush over there. We found it very inconvenient to find our way around this resort with the lounges used as connectors. We had some service issues in the room involving lights out and loud buzzing in the wall behind the bed. The beach towels are doled out very sparingly as 2 at a time with a towel card, good luck finding the guy. Upscale resorts in PC put them in your room and you can have as many as you want. The beach and restaurants were fine. It's back to Excellence for us and switching back to Mexico next time. Excellence and Secrets are the best chains and you generally will not have all this nonsense. However avoiding Secrets for now as their rates have become silly, astronomical, after the Maroma awards !! Maybe if you don't pay extra for the club and have low expectations this place will be ok for you.

Room Tip: We requested close to the beach and got the fence service road. It does not matter what you request...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Donnapcdr,

Thank you very much for your recent stay with us and for posting you important feedback on this website.

We would like to extend you our sincerest apologies for the inconveniences you encountered during your holiday with us.

On the other hand we are glad to know that the assistance given from our Club manager Argenis helped improving your stay here and the service offered from the new butler was excellent.

We would like to take this opportunity to inform you that since your last stay here in June we enhanced our Elegance Club facilities with a renovation of our club lounges including the roof top bars.

I have to say that considering your reviews from your previous stay in Punta Cana area, we are somehow glad that you rated us higher than the other resort you have visited here, of course I would be really glad if you would come back to visit us and contact me before to make your next stay with us a real Majestic holiday.

Public relations Manager
Fond du Lac, Wisconsin, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

i loved out stay at majestic...the rooms were amazing the beach was amazing and the pools as well.. the staff was excellent...very friendly and sociable!! Riki (animation team) was my favortie...he was always out getting everyone to join in the hotel activities ..i had alot of fun i didnt wanna come back to wisconsin. it was very relaxing! everyone was so friendly...the food was great.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

I went here the first time as part of a wedding group in October of 2011. It was my first tropical trip or all-inclusive. I later returned with 2 girlfriends friends in Nov of 2012 for a vacation.

Both trips were fantastic! The staff is so friendly, but not pushy or invasive. They seem to genuinely want to say hi and make sure that you are having fun. They are happy to help with anything that you want, and go out of their way to be helpful. Chocolat is the best!

Our room was perfect...just a junior suite, but cozy beds, a little sitting area, a nice balcony. The only odd thing is the bathroom...which is really just a frosted swinging door in your room. So not really that private. Apparently that's pretty normal in resorts though from what I hear. Everything was very clean, always cleaned every day. Extra towels were brought when requested, our fridge was restocked every day. Very good!

The beach was stunning! White sand, a few little fishes if you took a snorkel mask and drifted out. Clear nice temperature water. Always found a shady umbrella with chairs. Was brought cocktails and water if asked. There was the rare beach vendor selling jewelry but they didn't press and were polite.

There are so many activities going on in different areas that there is always something to do. Bingo, volleyball, pool games, night shows (Michael Jackson show is SO good!), piano playing, it's impossible to get bored. Yet somehow still seems quiet. We had our balcony right over the pool by the bar and with the doors closed you could only hear a little bit of noise at noon for the game time, and then all quiet.

And the food is GREAT! One of us eats everything, one is very health conscious, and one is a vegetarian. We could have eaten at the buffet every day for every meal, it was so large and fresh and diversified. But we tried the a la cartes and they were good too. Gourmet was great, Italian good, steak house great, tapanyaki (?) not too good.

The only bad things we had were that the power went out a couple of times, seemingly unrelated to storms. But it wasn't just the resort, it was the whole beach strip of resorts. Kind of a pain, but it only lasted a half hour and didn't seem to impede anything.

Take a 15 minute walk out the front gates and down the road to the market. Super cute and fun! There you will get heckled to death, but still people are so friendly.

We are researching another trip on Trip Advisor now, and it's hard not to just go back to the Majestic Elegance every time!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Nesbit, Mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

My husband and I just returned from a 5 night stay at the Majestic Elegance for our 15 year anniversary. We had such a fun relaxing getaway here! The room was very spacious and clean. The only complaint I have is that it smelled like smoke. I never really noticed it throughout the day, but for some reason I noticed it when we woke up. Not really sure why. I would also suggest getting full length mirrors. Us women like to look at the whole picture before leaving the room :) I did like the fact that the air conditioner never cut off! The room was always the perfect temperature. The bed was not that comfortable. The sheets were a different type of material making them a hot type of material. The beach was so beautiful and peaceful. We did learn early on in our stay that you have to get out there pretty early (8:00 or so) to get a good spot on the beach. Otherwise, you will find yourself searching for a chair and moving it around to have a decent spot. But when we did have to do this, it was no big deal. There really isn't a bad spot on the beach. We stayed at the beach all day every day! We never wanted to go in. Maxima was THE BEST!!!! She was our beach waitress. She would refill mine and my husbands drinks before we were even done with the previous one. She was super sweet!!!! The food was "ok." I did enjoy the buffet. There was always something different on there and we could always find something that tasted ok. We are not picky eaters so it wasn't hard to find something to eat. We ate at the Japanese restaurant a couple of times and the steakhouse one time. Both were "ok." The Italian restaurant was closed for renovation. Miguel was our butler. He was very nice and willing to answer any questions we had. We didn't have any problems or complaints so we never had to try to get in touch with him. But when we did see him throughout the resort, he would always speak and know exactly who we were and what our room number was. He made us feel like we had known him for years. The evening shows were "ok." It gave us something to do, but we were not impressed. But that didn't bother me because everything else in the resort made up for it. I read a lot of reviews on the Michael Jackson show and was excited to go to it, but then got disappointed because it was on a Wednesday night, which meant we missed it (we were there Friday-Wednesday morning). I don't understand the reviews where people are saying that the people there are unfriendly. I thought everyone was very friendly!!!! I heard the word "hola" at least 200 times throughout our stay! Everyone was so happy all of the time! The resort is HUGE and beautiful! The landscaping is beautiful! I do wish there had been more shopping. There were quite a few shops, but they all had basically the same stuff in them. I could go on and on, but I think I hit the highlights. Again, it was amazing and we will DEFINITELY be back!! Save our spot on the beach Maxima :)

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear AmyH2013724,

Thank you for having chosen Majestic Resorts and for sharing your experience with us through this website.
It is a pleasure to read, that you had a wonderful anniversary vacation in our resort.
I am also very pleased to read your appraisal of our team, services and facilities and I know that my colleagues will be equally pleased to learn of your kind remarks and recognition of their efforts to meet your needs. Our main goal is the total satisfaction of our guests, and we are very glad to read that we accomplish that goal during your stay.

On behalf of all staff I would like to thank you for your nice words of recognition for our work.
We look forward to welcoming you soon back at the Majestic Elegance.

Public Relations Manager

Been to Majestic Elegance Punta Cana? Share your experiences!