I had previously visited the Majestic Elegance back in July and came back again from Oct.5 to Oct.11. My family and I had an amazing time back in July and figured why not go back again. First off, the special touch of putting welcome back banners on our door rooms was just great. Had a warm-welcoming feeling.
It was great being able to go back and see so many of the workers that made our trip worth while. First off, it was a great pleasure being served again by Rinel De La Rosa who was fantastic and would always go above and beyond the first time we met him in July and then this trip around. Rinel any where he saw us would always come by see how we were doing, tell us a couple of jokes, and treat us like if we were family. Carlos Santana from the Asadito Steak restaurant as well was great with us. Also, we were able also to reunite with Leonardo from the Buffet in the Mornings who would also work in the Italian restaurant at night. He is such a sweet heart who would always manage to greet us any chance he could. We also received great service from Juan Carlos Gomez Mendez who worked at the buffet during the night.
The experience when it came to the entertainment this time around was a bit disappointing. The animation team was not it's best. All the guy animators we had met in July were all gone only Blacky the MC was left and the girls, but there was barely any fun.In July in the small plaza by the lobby the animation team would always dance and interact with the guests and dance with us. Now in July it was very rare to see the few animators left actually dance with the guests [a bit of a bummer for me since I'm big on dancing]. Some of the shows at night are great, but I wish there was more of a variety to see. I first visited the Majestic Elegance in August of 2010 and the shows have been the same with the exception of perhaps one show. One suggestion is perhaps changing the magic show, same tricks and same loud music which is a bit distracting when trying to focus on the acts.
My room was in the second building close to the beach and pool [can't remember my room number at this time] and it was great except my air conditioner wasn't working. Thankfully, I called front desk and my air conditioner was replaced the same day and there was no more issues with it the remaining of my stay. The room is a bit worn down, but that didn't bother me as much because I did see a lot of maintenance work being done this time around. I'm a big swimmer and I love the pool. Yes, it's true what many reviewers say how the pool has a lot of missing tiles, but that's typical in 99.9% of all the pools located in resorts. I do really want to congratulate this one woman bartender from the pool who was amazing. I cant remember her name, but she was amazingly attentive to us and was quick with our orders.
Overall, if you're looking for a relaxing vacation I would recommend coming during the non-peak months as I just experienced the resort was not as packed as it was in July and there were barely any kids either.
As for my next trip to Punta Cana, I don't think I'll return back to the Majestic Elegance because of the lack of entertainment I witnessed now in October.
The service is great which is a big plus, but maybe if the entertainment livens up a bit I'll come back. At the end of the day, I vacation to escape reality to indulge in fun. If I have no fun it won't be a complete vacation.
One last suggestion I do have is, the Majestic Elegance should perhaps try to incorporate a reward points system for repeating guests like myself. It would be a great incentive and a great way to retain guests and gain more.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Opening in October 2008, the Majestic Elegance Punta Cana is the answer to fulfill the needs of a clientele, which is becoming more demanding of a high-end menu of facilities and services. This spectacular 5 star all inclusive resort is surrounded by the most astonishing landscapes, exuberant flora and fauna, making it an ideal place for Caribbean lovers and first timers visiting the Dominican Republic. In two words “comfort and style”, is the best definition to describe the New Majestic Elegance Punta Cana. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Booking.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Majestic Elegance Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Majestic Elegance Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Majestic Elegance Hotel Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Majestic Elegance