“Elegance-even better the second time around!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Majestic Elegance Punta Cana

Save Saved
You added Majestic Elegance Punta Cana to your Saves list
Majestic Elegance Punta Cana
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Majestic Street | Arena Gorda a Macao, Punta Cana 3005, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #14 of 101 hotels in Punta Cana
MEMPHIS
“Elegance-even better the second time around!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

From the minute we arrived and had our Personal check-in, my husband and our best friends were treated like royalty. From the "Welcome Back" banner to the feast of champagne and fruit and cheeses waiting on the table-we knew we were in for a great vacation. We went to Asadito (steakhouse) for our first meal. Biggest salad ever and a wonderful selection of steaks. I am not a steak fan and I loved the way they prepared it there. That was the first of a lot of great meals at a lot of great restaurants. Favorite restaurant is still the Italian.

Elegance Club was serving up a feast every day- Felix was at the pool making great drinks. Roberto in the piano bar was entertaining and excellent at making anything you wanted. Service was always with a smile and every day started with a happy "hola!"

But Rafael, our butler was the star. What an experience he gave us. From a rose-petaled jacuzzi to anticipating every wish and greeting every request with "no problem-sure that can be done." He made Elegance better the second time.

We had NO stomach issues. We had one tiny maintenance problem which was fixed in TWO minutes. The showers worked great-the dual flush toilets never failed and the rooms were immaculate. NO BUGS!

We missed seeing Maxima (on vacation),but we met some wonderful new friends. Tony at Asadito springs to mind-thanks for that amazing drink!

Buffet has improved and wine has improved. The construction was barely noticeable and other than not getting Sea and See, we ate like royalty. We can't wait to go back next year. Tanned and rested, thank you, Rafael, Argenis and Elegance!

Room Tip: Upgrade to the Club!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Majestic-Ele, Public Relations Manager at Majestic Elegance Punta Cana, responded to this review, September 28, 2013
Dear Marnzy,

First of all, I would like to thank you for choosing the Majestic Elegance for the second time and for sharing your experience with us through this website.

We are really glad to know that you had another great stay with us and that you specially enjoyed our Elegance Club along with our Butlers, staff service, rooms and restaurants.

Your feedback is really important for us in order to improve our service and facilities.
We look forward to welcoming soon back for you 3rd stay with us at the Majestic Elegance.

9,660 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,436)
  • Polish first
Denver, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

We went to Majestic Elegance in the spring of this year and thought the place was really great. I'm a little sad to see the recent complaints actually.
Having stayed at another Adult All-Inclusive recently made me realize even more what a special beach Bavaro is, so that's the first thing I'll mention. I'll let you know if I ever run across anything close. Bavaro Beach is the quintessential Caribbean "post card beach". You can walk it in both directions for hours past the other resorts. Really special.
In reading various reviews, it's easy to see how the "opinion ball" can get rolling in either direction depending on your personality and what you choose to focus on. I feel like some people can have a great time anywhere when they're looking for it, and some people are inevitably miserable everywhere they go.
That said, I won't let the negative things I've seen here change my opinion about the review I intended to come back and write. While I can agree with a few of the negative comments (a little funky smell you need to get used to, and a disappearing butler), I can also tell you they didn't overshadow the experience on the whole for us.
We thought the place was beautiful and the layout was great. We stayed in the Club section, and are glad we did. I, for one, didn't want to come all this way for anything to be "off-limits" to me. I enjoyed the privileges of the lounges, the towels, and the in-room bar. We found the food to be excellent, for the most part and enjoyed the Steakhouse twice while hitting everything else once. The Japanese restaurant was a lot of fun (I caught the rice ball in the mouth :P), and the sushi appetizer bar was great. The French and Italian restaurants were elegant and everything was delicious. Our least favorite was the Seafood restaurant on the beach.
The entertainment staff was wonderful and showed up at every corner of the property to keep things light and fun. We enjoyed the Michael Jackson show very much as well as the nightly live music. We weren't able to get to the night club, so I can't speak to that. It didn't seem to be open when I was supposed to be.
We found the swim-up bar at the Club section to be very friendly and a lot of fun (so, some tiles are missing.. I was not irritated by this.. lol). We found all the staff to be helpful and courteous, if not overtly friendly. I
We were able to play tennis, golf and had an excellent boating/snorkeling excursion. All set up easily with help from our Apple tours in-lobby agent.
We have recommended Majestic Elegance to friends and family since we've been back. I would definitely go back, although I will be sampling other Adult All-Inclusives along the way

Room Tip: Tip the Butler $20 US for a good room. It can't hurt, anyway.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear John W,

Thank you for writing such a nice report here on Trip Advisor and for spending your holiday at Majestic Resorts.
It is a great pleasure to read, that you had a wonderful vacation in our resort and we are glad to learn that you enjoyed our facilities and Service.

On behalf of all staff I would like to thank you for your nice words of recognition for our work. Our main goal is the total satisfaction of our guests, and we are very glad to read that we accomplish that goal during your stay.

I look forward to welcoming you soon back at the Majestic Elegance. If there is anything I can do for you, do not hesitate to contact me; I will be more than pleased to assist you.

NJ
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

Let me start by saying, my parents are from Dominican Republic and I been visiting the country for years, especially the countryside. In addition, my husband and I are active travels and have been to many foreign countries...and have NEVER gotten sick the way my friends and I did on this vacation.

First - We got sick on Tuesday, I believe it was the grilled mussels ordered from the grill, in the in-door buffet. It was either from the excessive oil used to grill it or the fact that the mussel are not sitting on enough ice and are right next to the steaming grill. My friends and I spent over a day stuck in our rooms due to severe sickness. We even experienced, body aches, headaches, etc. Horrible feeling during vacation.

Second - Our last night, still feeling sick, we decided to keep our reservations at the Gourmet Restaurant, since it was our last night there and we were celebrating our friends b-day. When my husband got his first course, house salad, he was eating away. As he chewed, he realized it wasn't salad, when he took out the item, it was a piece of paper. When the manager (wish I had his name) comes over he gives us this stupid grin, takes the plate away without saying a word. A few minutes later, he comes back with another salad. After expressing that we didn't want another one and that he handled the issue in the wrong way he responded "What can I say, these things happen" again with a grin on his face. Really, where does this happen??? God know where this tissue had been - just disgusting. At the end of our dinner the head Chef came over to the table to apologize, which was nice, and asked us our room number etc., but of course we never heard a peep the next day.

Third - Most of the staff are not friendly. They will not go out of their way to help, even if it means making a local call from the "Club Lounge." I have stayed at Iberostar Grand, Paradisus Palma Real, and other hotels outside of Punta Cana and have received true Dominican hospitality. I think the staff here is not well trained, and are just getting by.

Last but not least - They have a sewer problem. We booked a total of 5 rooms, and 4 out of 5 had a funky smell in the room and/or humid/mold smell. My friend had to change rooms 6 times. Again, we are talking about the "Club" section, which is suppose to be of better quality/service.

Overall, I think this hotel needs to work on their hygiene. They SHOULD NOT have sandwiches, with cold cuts sitting out in the 90+ degree weather. And buns and pastries sitting out with out cover - its disgusting seeing just lingering. They need to work on their customer service skills and sever sewage issue in the rooms and around the main pool area.

Only bright side of this hotel was listening to local music at the pools and disco but not enough of a reason to come back. Go elsewhere or spend a few extra dollars and go to a reputable resort.

Before I forget - They do not clean the beach in front of the Elegance Resort. You have to walk over to the Colonial side for a somewhat cleaner/visible area. Hello - Punta Cana is known for their pristine beaches but one wouldn't know unless you've stayed elsewhere.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Majestic-Ele, Public Relations Manager at Majestic Elegance Punta Cana, responded to this review, September 29, 2013
Dear Maria10460,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this review and for your recent stay at our resort.

I truly sorry that we were not able to meet your expectations and I would like to assure you that we will use your constructive comments to improve our services avoiding similar situation in the future.

I would like to inform you that Health, safety and quality control are programs that are foremost in our daily operations and as such we maintain daily and weekly inspections to offer the highest quality for our guests.

We have an extremely thorough health/safety and quality control program in respect to food and beverage through-out both of our hotels; in addition we regularly have outside inspectors also monitoring various areas of our operation to maintain the integrity of all processes.

However as a traveler will probably know that many factors could contribute to a guests overall health.

Thank you again for reviewing our property and we do hope that someday you will give us another chance to make your next stay with us a memorable one.

Public relations Manager
Boston, MA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

I have been to Punta Cana 3 times. Loved Bahia Principe Ambar, but for about the same price thought we would try Majestic Elegance just for a little change. It also has good reviews, I have NO idea why?? I will never go to ME again. I will start with check in:
Front desk was fully staffed, but they brought us to a back room and we sat at a table for 15 minutes wondering what was going on? No one was helping us. No welcome drink, no hand towels upon arrival as other resorts in Punta Cana do. We had paid well in advance for the "Elegance Club Section" which is just more money for more amenities. I read reviews about the construction going on, as I got closer to my trip date, but I had purchased in advance a non refundable trip before I knew of any construction going on. The noise does not bother me at all. I am very easy going. They gave us a room in the non club section. Keep in mind we paid in advance for the Club section. Since they were short 2 buildings in club section the other buildings in club section were over booked. So we stayed in non club section. We got no amenities that we expected, for example, no newspaper, NO Butler service!! (that was the most dissapointing as we paid for it, had butler service at other resorts and loved the conveinance of it, but here at ME butler just called one night at 10 when we were sleeping. Only got a welcome gift after I complained a few times about all the problems and even mentioned no welcome gift. So back to the check in: we asked about why we were sitting there and no one was helping us, finally someone came and did offer a drink, but why we sat there waiting for a long time was strange. In a hot room, because we supposedly had "special checkin" since we paid for Club, but regular check in looked a lot better.

Room was adequate. In much need of updating. For example lamp shade was all dirty and breaking on the bottom, desks had scruff marks, shower had mold, Room did smell disgusting. I brought Febreeze with me and that didn't even help. I just got use to the smell after a few days.

Staff as I think everywhere in Punta Cana are extremely hard working and friendly. Especially when you speak their language (we speak spanish) and they work for tips. Can't blame the staff there is only so much they can do, I blame management.

Towels. We were given towel keys to get them from the towel stand people. Since the building we were in was farther away to the "Club" section we went to the closer towel place. They would not give us towels because our towel keys were for the "Club" section. We walked all the way over to the club section and they were out of towels! Walked back to the regular section and again were told they cannot give us towels because we were club guests. Go figure pay extra for special service and be denied regular towels?

The food was adequate, never expect good food at all inclusives. You can find something to eat. Steak house was actually good.

Pool was missing a lot of tiles, (I knew that from the reviews). Don't care didn't bother me. Swim up bar is good in the main section.

Beach as always is beautiful. Plenty of chairs. But the Bali Beds were always taken or had people's items on them. Found one available but it was dirty and had no pillows.

Pros: Swim up bar, Beach
Cons: Check in upon arrival Don't get what you paid for, towel service (2 days no towels), No Pillow menu, no aromatherapy, no beach towels in room, basically no butler service.

I give 3 stars because the grounds are clean, nice beach, good bars. But very dissapointing when you expect something you researched and paid for and don't get it.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

I will start off by saying that I am not really a fan of all inclusives and so you should take this review wiht that in mind.

That being said, as far as all inclusives go, it seemed like it was ok

the room was actually really nice
but the toilet is an open concept, there is kind of ike a half door.

without being too graphic - if you are astaying here with someone jsut be aware that you guys have to be intimate enough to smell whats going on in there ..... just saying

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
New Lenox, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

Just returned from a 7 day stay (9/15-9/22) and my wife and I could not have been happier! The food was excellent,the staff were superb,the property was gorgeous,and the beach was magnificent!!
Like some of the posts have said,there was construction.But it wasn't unbearable! It was tolerable and understandable.The resort cant close...life goes on!
There is so much GREATNESS about this resort! So many POSITIVES! Tons of LIKES! I can point out a few negatives,but they're so small that they're not worth mentioning.
People.....stay at this resort! It's well worth the price! Go and have a great time with your better half,your family and your friends! Don't go there to find negatives.Every resort has them. Go there to escape everyday life. You'll be glad you did!
VIVA MAJESTIC ELEGANCE PUNTA CANA!!
( Hola Clara,Cesar and Roberto...Mr.Chocolate Martini )

Room Tip: All rooms are excellent! Don't forget to bring a wash cloth! They don't supply them!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear 795Dan048,

Thank you for having chosen Majestic Resorts and for sharing your experience with us through this website.

It is a pleasure to read, that you had a wonderful vacation in our resort.

I am also very pleased to read your appraisal of our team, services and facilities and I know that my colleagues will be equally pleased to learn of your kind remarks and recognition of their efforts to meet your needs. Our main goal is the total satisfaction of our guests, and we are very glad to read that we accomplish that goal during your stay.

We look forward to welcoming you soon back at the Majestic Elegance.

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

We stayed at the Majestic Elegance from 9/14-9/18. Check In was a breeze and we were greeted with a delicious drink called the "Majestic". Our room was on the first floor which had access to the pool right from our balcony which was pretty cool. The bed was a little too firm for my taste but was fine. One major complaint is that there is no full bathroom. There is a vanity in the room, there is a shower room, and there is toilet room. Everything is separate. I didnt like that. But other than that the room was nice.. The fridge was stocked with water, beer and soda. The food was DELICIOUS !!! Especially the buffet. We tried the steakhouse and it was OK.. We preferred eating at the buffet because of the variety of choices. Everywhere we went it was impecably clean. We were very impressed. They have a few gift shops in the resort which were resonably priced. They also have a pharmacy in the resort that sell EVERYTHING you might need incase you get sick , they even sell antibiotics, viagra etc.. without a prescription !! One night we went to a local mall called Punta Blanca.. It was a 10 min walk outside from the resort.. We got some cool things but please remember to talk them way down to what they initially try to charge you.. My husband purchased some very expensive cigars for $20. Be prepared to be hassled as soon as you step foot in there though.. They are very persistant. We also purchased an excursion from Olympus Tours to Saona Island.. Highly recommend this one.. It was about $100 pp includes lunch and drinks, Picked us up at 7:30am and we got back at the resort at 7pm. They take you to a reef to snorkel, then you go to Saona Island to have lunch and relax on this incredible beach (BEAUTIFUL) and then you take a 2 hr catamaran ride back, They play music, serve drinks on the catamaran.. Great time. The entertainment team on the resort are very good..My favorite part of this hotel was the BEACH.. It was AMAZING.. So to sum everything up.. The hotel was nice and the food was really good. They are having some construction going on.. So that kinda put a damper on things because of the noice by the beach.. But the music helped muffle the construction noise. My husband and I enjoyed ourselves.. Very Romantic :))))

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Majestic Elegance Punta Cana? Share your experiences!