We went to Majestic Elegance in the spring of this year and thought the place was really great. I'm a little sad to see the recent complaints actually.
Having stayed at another Adult All-Inclusive recently made me realize even more what a special beach Bavaro is, so that's the first thing I'll mention. I'll let you know if I ever run across anything close. Bavaro Beach is the quintessential Caribbean "post card beach". You can walk it in both directions for hours past the other resorts. Really special.
In reading various reviews, it's easy to see how the "opinion ball" can get rolling in either direction depending on your personality and what you choose to focus on. I feel like some people can have a great time anywhere when they're looking for it, and some people are inevitably miserable everywhere they go.
That said, I won't let the negative things I've seen here change my opinion about the review I intended to come back and write. While I can agree with a few of the negative comments (a little funky smell you need to get used to, and a disappearing butler), I can also tell you they didn't overshadow the experience on the whole for us.
We thought the place was beautiful and the layout was great. We stayed in the Club section, and are glad we did. I, for one, didn't want to come all this way for anything to be "off-limits" to me. I enjoyed the privileges of the lounges, the towels, and the in-room bar. We found the food to be excellent, for the most part and enjoyed the Steakhouse twice while hitting everything else once. The Japanese restaurant was a lot of fun (I caught the rice ball in the mouth :P), and the sushi appetizer bar was great. The French and Italian restaurants were elegant and everything was delicious. Our least favorite was the Seafood restaurant on the beach.
The entertainment staff was wonderful and showed up at every corner of the property to keep things light and fun. We enjoyed the Michael Jackson show very much as well as the nightly live music. We weren't able to get to the night club, so I can't speak to that. It didn't seem to be open when I was supposed to be.
We found the swim-up bar at the Club section to be very friendly and a lot of fun (so, some tiles are missing.. I was not irritated by this.. lol). We found all the staff to be helpful and courteous, if not overtly friendly. I
We were able to play tennis, golf and had an excellent boating/snorkeling excursion. All set up easily with help from our Apple tours in-lobby agent.
We have recommended Majestic Elegance to friends and family since we've been back. I would definitely go back, although I will be sampling other Adult All-Inclusives along the way
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Opening in October 2008, the Majestic Elegance Punta Cana is the answer to fulfill the needs of a clientele, which is becoming more demanding of a high-end menu of facilities and services. This spectacular 5 star all inclusive resort is surrounded by the most astonishing landscapes, exuberant flora and fauna, making it an ideal place for Caribbean lovers and first timers visiting the Dominican Republic. In two words “comfort and style”, is the best definition to describe the New Majestic Elegance Punta Cana. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Booking.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Majestic Elegance Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Majestic Elegance Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Majestic Elegance Hotel Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Majestic Elegance