My second time in the D.R, first time in Punta Cana and in this hotel. We had a 'normal' bedroom, in the third block from the lobby and NOT pool-sided - which made it much quieter.
Don't expect an American-level 5 star, you're simply not in the US. Room airco is very loud and not very efficient; and the room reeks and is damp. On the positive side, the inside restaurants were NOT freezing as they would be in the US. Quality of the restaurants was definitely good and provided an abundant choice - however the reservation system indeed is really ridiculous and people in the 'customer relations' area are definitely NOT customer friendly. They must have heard the client complaints about reservations too many times and I simply wonder why this system is not changed.
Animation was ok although not my cup of tea except for aquarobics - which several times did not happen though for unknown reasons. But frankly I'm not waiting for a Mr Sexy or Miss Bikini contest...
What this hotel should do to move on to the next level is a) provide a course of English to all staff; b) change the way-overrated wifi tariffs which should be part of the all inclusive package (we're in 2013 and you better live up to it) and most certainly become more sustainable, with differentiated waste retrieval. This really was a shame.
Overall - this was a decent hotel, but we paid a high price to be in such a place. The hotel did certainly not surprise us in a positive way or made our stay exceptional - and I'm unsure if we would return.
- Also Known As:
- Majestic Elegance Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Majestic Elegance Punta Cana Hotel
- Majestic Elegance Hotel Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Majestic Elegance
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Opening in October 2008, the Majestic Elegance Punta Cana is the answer to fulfill the needs of a clientele, which is becoming more demanding of a high-end menu of facilities and services. This spectacular 5 star all inclusive resort is surrounded by the most astonishing landscapes, exuberant flora and fauna, making it an ideal place for Caribbean lovers and first timers visiting the Dominican Republic. In two words “comfort and style”, is the best definition to describe the New Majestic Elegance Punta Cana. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Booking.com, Amex, Travelocity, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Tingo and Otel so you can book your Majestic Elegance Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.