“Girls vacation!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Majestic Elegance Punta Cana

Save Saved
You added Majestic Elegance Punta Cana to your Saves list
Majestic Elegance Punta Cana
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Majestic Street | Arena Gorda a Macao, Punta Cana 3005, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #15 of 101 Hotels in Punta Cana
Miami Beach, Florida
“Girls vacation!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

What a wonderful place! Its paradise. The ambiance is great, the food is excellent, the drinks are amaizing, the activities are of Las Vegas quality, the staff is super accomodating. I had a difficulty with the internet and the front desk manager - Starlin was so helpfull.
Dominicans are such happy and nice people, what a pleasure to have such a great experience during my first time in RD. Will bring the whole family next time.

Room Tip: If you are not happy with your room, call front desk. They will switch you immediatelly. Try to st...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Majestic-Ele, Public Relations Manager at Majestic Elegance Punta Cana, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Dear Maria Luisa T,

First of all, I would like to thank you for having chosen the Majestic Elegance and for sharing your experience with us through this website.
We are really glad to know that you had a wonderful first vacation in Dominican Republic with us and that you specially enjoyed our property, the beautiful beach, our staff service, food, and bars.

We look forward to welcoming you and your family and friends soon back at the Majestic Elegance.

Public Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,490)
  • Polish first
Malverne, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

Been to many all-inclusive that were rated 5 star and was disappointed. NOT THIS TIME. Everything was perfect the, the room was so spacious with a great Jacuzzi. The food in all the restaurants were delicious, especially the Lobsters. Service at the beach and pool was super. Loved the cyber bars at the elegance club. Great Vacation

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Majestic-Ele, Public Relations Manager at Majestic Elegance Punta Cana, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Dear annasat,

On behalf of Majestic Elegance Punta Cana we would like to thank you for your positive review regarding your recent stay with us.

Thank you for choosing the Majestic Elegance for your holiday.

We are really glad to know that we were able to pleasantly surprise you and appreciating your nice words for our property, the food, the staff service and our pools and restaurants.

We look forward to welcoming you on your next visit to the Caribbean.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

It was a fantastic time! We loved hanging out and relaxing by the pool and beach by day-- and food and entertainment by night. We went as a group of 6 (at one point 8) people. Although, we met other great people! It's such a welcoming atmosphere that it's easy to mingle and have fun.

The room was fantastic and I highly recommend getting your jacuzzi bath drawn. So romantic.

The restaurants were great. Hibachi was really entertaining. Room service was about 45 minute wait, but there were always snacks to have so I never went a moment worrying
about hunger! The drinks were not watered down like I was "warned."
Great advice: bring a Tervis Tumbler and you can get it filled up and have your drink in the pool/beachside longer than if they are the small plastic cups. Ecofriendly and your drink will stay colder longer :)

• Stayed August 2013
Dear Moremandi,

Thank you for writing such a nice report here on Trip Advisor and for spending your holiday at the Majestic Elegance.

It is a great pleasure to read, that you had a wonderful vacation in our resort and we are glad to
learn that you enjoyed our facilities and Service.

On behalf of all staff I would like to thank you for your nice words of recognition for our work. Our main goal is the total satisfaction of our guests, and we are very glad to read that we accomplish that goal during your stay.

We look forward to welcoming you soon back at the Majestic Elegance.

Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

Took the wife to Punta Cana for our 15 year anniversary and enjoyed every minute without the kids. :-)

Airport - Open air like everyone else points out. Pretty efficient (better than Cancun). did not pre-arrange airport transfer so I was a little worried when one of the guys in an Airport Transfer company uniform grabbed our bags and took us to the counter, but it worked out really well. Wasn't a cab but also did not have a company logo on the van. He quoted me $40 dollars to Majestic and assured me no other passengers or stops. The prices I was seeing from the Transfer companies while I was booking our trip were around - $130 ! The ride went smooth and only took 25 min. People in the DR (especially the moped riders) drive CRAZY.

All we did for the ride back from hotel to the airport was ask the concierge to arrange transportation and it only took 10 minutes for our ride to show up.

The whole "arrive at the airport 3 hours in advance" is a joke. We left at 11:30 for a 2:30 flight and we sat in the airport with our boarding passes at the gate for 2 hours. Next time we will not arrive so early and stay at the pool for some sun. :)

Spent 4 days at Majestic Elegance (Pay a little extra for the Elegance Club) in Punta Cana and our trip was wonderful. The room was awesome - marble floors, separate sitting area from huge bathroom, separate bed room with King bed overlooking the main pool area. A little bit dated, but everything was clean and in working order. Only complaint I had was the room fridge was not cold until the next day (but getting a beer or water or a snack from the pool area was not too hard.) In-room safe worked fine and the shower was huge.

Beach was also very nice with security to keep away vendors (we didn't see any) and sand was raked every day. Plenty of chairs with the palm umbrellas and beautiful view down the beach.

The pools are fabulous and we were always able to find an open pool-side "bed" and chairs. The air-conditioned Elegance Rooms they have near the pools are fantastic. Computers with internet connection, finger food all day (including nachos with jalapenos and salsa - YUM), extra rum, bottled water, soda in the glass refridgerators.We had Presidente beer (ok) most of the time, but Corona's were available for a short time at our pool bar. Fruit drinks were very good (especially pineapple and banana daquiries). If you want extra rum just stop in the Elegance club lounge and get more.

Breakfast was very diverse and included alot of American favorites, including cooked to order eggs and omelets. Lunchs and dinners were ok to very good. Did not get to visit the French restaurant, but the Steak house and seafood place were VERY good. (Ate my main meal then requested grilled lobster tails - VERY good.) The Japanese Hibachi grill was pretty good, but shrimp were small and rice was burned a little. They did keep our drinks filled the whole time.

You will notice the excellent service at the resort. Seems like they have 1000 people working there during the day so drinks and food were not hard to find. Almost every staff member we encountered was very friendly and appreciated a little conversation in Espanol if you know how. We did tip $1 or $2 every other drink at the pool and dinner, but you can tell, very much appreciated but definitely not mandatory.

The resort was so big you can enjoy fairly quiet time with your significant other or participate with the party crowd by the main pool or at the beach.

We are definitely going back to Punta Cana and to the Majestic Elegance resort.

Room Tip: Book the Elegance Club Room
Dear Bob F,

On behalf of Majestic Elegance Punta Cana we would like to thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to write a review here on Trip Advisor.

We are very glad to know that you had a special and memorable anniversary holiday at the Majestic Elegance Club and we appreciate you mentioning our excellent culinary offer, our Elegance Club, our rooms, our beach and staff service.

We look forward to welcoming you soon back here at the Majestic Elegance & the Club.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Our first time in Puna Cana. We stayed at the Elegance Club. Couldn't have asked for a better place to celebrate my 50th. Birthday. Room was a swim up so we had the pool, bar, beach right there. The night of my birthday we had a private dinner set up at the gazebo. Our waiter and dinner were fabulous. Thank you Richy! The food was good but skip the steak house, El Asadito. Couldn't have asked for a better bar staff. Thank you Maxima, Rosa, Kerlyn and Alexandra for a great time. Very professional and courteous, can't say enough about them. Will return again!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Majestic-Ele, Public Relations Manager at Majestic Elegance Punta Cana, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Dear Luv2Vaca86,

Thank you very much for your recent stay here at the Majestic Elegance and for recommending us to other travelers and friends.
We are very pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay very much celebrating your 50th birthday and appreciate your nice words for our property, the food, the staff service and our pools and restaurants.

We are really looking forward to welcoming you soon back at the Majestic Elegance and the Club.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

A vacation is what you make it and this place is just wonderful we left the kids home and went with 8 couples no kids unlike most of my reviews lol

Def book the elegance club if your not traveling with kids my room was 3134 a swim up suite huge 2 rooms and a patio right on the pool and 2 jacuzzis one indoor one outside a huge walk in closet I would say there is no need for such a big room but that's a preference thing

To and from the airport take a taxi only $40 and no stops at other hotels very safe and easy

Check in and check out was a breeze

Room was a++++ liquor and beer in the room very clean and spacious I couldn't find any issues
It was perfect huge walk in shower

Grounds were well kept and so many bars and pools just perfect never an issue getting beds or chairs at the pool or beach no matter what time you get out there best beach I've been to

Entertainment was just great not too pushy and a lot of fun nightly shows some really good some just ok night club was really cool and open till 4 am great mix of music and cool bartenders

Good was great so many selections French and hibachi were my favorite my wife liked the lobster on the beach (every night no reservations)

There is a row of shops down the beach from the resort that's the one you should go to and be ready to haggle ideally enjoy it but if your a little uneasy with that you can shop at the airport

I went with the guys deep sea fishing it was expensive and not
If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask my wife and I will point you in the right direction enjoy your trip

• Stayed August 2013
Dear Keith 7002,

Thank you very much for your recent stay here at the Majestic Elegance and for writing this nice review on tripadvisor.

We are very glad to read your comments knowing that you enjoyed our resort, especially for the staff, service, the room, our property and the beach.

It is a great pleasure for us to read that you and your friends had a memorable stay and we really hope to be able to welcome you all soon back here at the Majestic Elegance.

San Francisco, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Originally, for this trip, I was not going to attend because of a work conflict. My wife was going to share a room with her cousin since I would be unavailable. A couple of weeks before the trip, my work schedule cleared up and I was free to attend. My wife had booked us in the Elegance Club so we could be with the two other couples that would be with us. Since our total number of occupants went up from 2 to 3, this somehow forced us out of the Elegance Club. Basically, because of my last minute decision to join, my wife, her cousin and myself would no longer have access to the same facilities as the two other couples that we were travelling with.

The ideal of the Elegance Club is kind of strange. As an "Elegance Club Member" you get access to some of the lounges, a couple of pools, a special section of the beach and special Elegance Club towels. It really isn't that big a deal but I really wanted all of us to be together. That was the whole point of the trip. When we checked in and we were told that we were not in the Elegance Club. We politely explained the situation and asked to have it corrected. We were told that it was not allowed to have 3 people in a room in the Elegance Club. Although the people at the reception desk were very polite, it didn't seem like they really tried to make things better. We were tired after a long day of travelling and just wanted to get settled in.

Our room that was not in the Elegance Club was very nice and spacious. I would have had no problem staying there for the duration of the trip. We did have one incident in the room with some ants but it was quickly taken care of by housekeeping. Our room had a pool view. It didn't seem to me that there were very many rooms that were oceanfront. If you must have an oceanfront room, expect to have limited choices.

After the first night, I decided I would give it one more try getting us upgraded to the Elegance Club even though I was told it was not allowed. I explained how by my joining the trip at the last minute, this is what caused us to be moved out of the Elegance Club and that I was feeling guilty for creating this problem for everyone. I basically begged to be upgraded. I offered to stay in our non-Elegance Club room and requested to pay the upgrade fee just to be allowed to use the facilities. I figured they would be more than happy to take my money. I was greeted with the response of "I'm sorry. This is not possible." I figured I did just about all that I could and accepted that this was the way things were going to be for the rest of the trip. Since I didn't have the Elegance Club bracelet on, if I tried to even walk through the pool area to our friends room in the Elegance Club, I was harassed by the staff as if I were some sort of second class citizen. It was not a good feeling.

A few hours later as I was out on the beach with the other, my wife and her cousin were in the room changing and got a call from the front desk. Somehow the impossible became possible. They were upgrading us to the Elegance Club for $300. I rushed over to the front desk and paid the upgrade fee. We were moved to our new room which was a corner suite with a separate bedroom and living room and pool view. We now had access to all the facilities. All was right in the world. I just don't know why this wasn't done in the first place.

The resort is very big. Almost too big. Walking from our room to our friends rooms to the beach was at times a bit of a struggle in the Dominican heat. The beach was lovely. I spent several hours just floating in the clear blue waters. The pools and the abundance of drinks were also a treat.

There is a show in the theater each night. I found the magic show and Michael Jackson show to be very entertaining. I was singing and doing Michael Jackson moves for the entire trip.

The food at the different restaurants was average at best. If you attend any of the buffets, make sure to go early. Some of the food seemed to have been sitting for a while and was luke warm at best but this was when we showed up about 30 minutes before the buffet was set to close. Go early and get your food while it's hot. But in typical buffet fashion, the food in general is bland and tries to appeal to everyone.

Overall, the experience was good. If it hadn't been for the problem with the Elegance Club and the barely warm food, I would have given this place a higher rating.

Room Tip: Get a room in the Elegance Club so you can have full access to the resort.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Majestic-Ele, Public Relations Manager at Majestic Elegance Punta Cana, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Dear Mike E,
Thank you very much for your recent stay here at the Majestic Elegance and for writing this review on tripadvisor.

We are very sorry about the issues you had while you were here and also because somehow we were not able to solve it in an acceptable time for you.

At the same time we are pleased for your nice comments about our staff, grounds, beach, pools and that you could enjoy your stay after all.

Lastly I would like to let you know that in case you should decide to give us another try we would be very pleased to convince you with our service and make your family holiday a Majestic experience.

Public Relations Manager

Been to Majestic Elegance Punta Cana? Share your experiences!