“A great place to stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Majestic Elegance Punta Cana

Save Saved
You added Majestic Elegance Punta Cana to your Saves list
Majestic Elegance Punta Cana
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Majestic Street | Arena Gorda a Macao, Punta Cana 3005, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #15 of 100 hotels in Punta Cana
Brick, New Jersey
“A great place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

Stayed at the Majestic Elegance July 20 to the 27th. This is our second trip to Punta Cana and our second trip to Majestic. We stayed in Majestic Colonial the first time. The hotel is gorgeous. Staff is excellent, hotel is spotless. The entertainment crew went above and beyond. I cannot think of one negative thing to say , except for some unknown reason room 1415 had a horrible smell in it all week. Just avoid this room What the hell!!!! Can't wait to return. Love the D.R.
Gracias from the Jersey Shore!

Room Tip: Room 1415 had an unbelievably horrible smell all week, like bathrooms backed up. Power outage every...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Majestic-Ele, Public Relations Manager at Majestic Elegance Punta Cana, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Dear Patty753,

Thank you for having chosen Majestic Resorts already for the 2nd time and for sharing your experience with us through this website.

We are really glad to know that you had a wonderful vacation with us and that you specially enjoyed the beautiful beach, staff service, the shows and bars.

At the same time I would like to thank you for your observation in room 1415, our guest’s opinion are very important to us, we have sent your comments to the corresponding managers in order to take them under consideration and improve at the mentioned points.

On behalf of all staff I would like to thank you again for your nice words of recognition for our work. Our main goal is the total satisfaction of our guests, and we are very glad to read that we accomplish that goal during your stay.

9,378 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,325)
  • Polish first
Framingham, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

Great hotel & great vacation. The staff, grounds & service was great. The only thing I would mention that wasn't a problem for us but may be for some people is the swim-up rooms are just that. You can certainly get into the pool from your room & you can swim-up to your room from the pool but you can't get out of the pool unless your Spider-Man at your actual room. We have been to other resorts where you can walk right into your pool but that isn't the case here. Nothing that made our vacation anything less than wonderful but I have friends that this would have been an issue for.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Majestic-Ele, Public Relations Manager at Majestic Elegance Punta Cana, responded to this review, July 28, 2013
Dear njb 909,

Thank you for writing such a nice report here on Trip Advisor and for spending your holiday at the Majestic Elegance.

It is a great pleasure to read, that you had a wonderful vacation in our resort and we are glad to learn that you enjoyed our facilities and Service.

On behalf of all staff I would like to thank you for your nice words of recognition for our work. Our main goal is the total satisfaction of our guests, and we are very glad to read that we accomplish that goal during your stay.

Lodi, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Majestic Elegance from 7/14/13 through 7/19/13. We stayed in the elegance club! I really dont even know where to begin. This place was unbeleivably beautiful. So so clean. Everyday my husband and i saw employees performing matinence to the buildings. Cleaning, painting etc. Reassuring to see that when you are on vacation, makes you feel like you are staying at a well kept, clean place. The food, for an all inclusive was very good! I come from New Jersey/New York area and was skeptical about staying at an all-inclusive because of the food. But i was so wrong! Every restaurant was delicous. The sushi at the hibachi place was excellent, the steakhouse was great and the buffet had so many options, morning, lunch & dinner. See and Sea was also very delicious and so convenient right on the beach. We were able to hang on the beach all morning and grab lunch a few feet away at a really nice place. Id like to especially name Maxima and Felix at the pool bar at the elegance club. They were amazing!! Made great drinks and Maxima would literally bring them right to our chairs out on the beach. Really made our stay super special and relaxing. The rooms were clean and did not smell at all. We stayed in room 2245 looking over the pool area and we had no complaints watsoever. I will tell you though. Staying in the elgance club is 100% the way to go if you are vacationing with adults only. The only downfall is a good mile walk to all the restaurants and lobby from our room and pool other than sea and see. I am not complaining though, we were far enough from all the music and crowds. I also recomment any couples to get their pictures taken at one of the photo studios featured at this hotel. They were amazing! I will post some here if possible. Ok two complaints, that is all. One being that they say with the elegance club their are two roof top bars that are exclusive only for the elegance club. These bars do not exist, at all. I guess its not a big deal, but they should really take that incentive off of their site. Two being, our Butler. His name was Blvadmir. We met him at our check-in. He gave us a short tour around the hotel, let us know what was what. He then showed us our room and told us about all the restaurants. Seemed really great. My husband tipped him $25! My husband then said at the end of our trip he will take care of him. We did not see Blvadmir again after that. Really disappointing! He did not call to check-in with us. I had to call him to see where he was and if he could do this and that for us. Nothing at all major but what a "so called" butler i assumed would do! I had to call him three nights in a row to set up our jacuzzi as promised. Thankfully he did it the last night we were there. We did not give or leave him another penny after that. All in all, this place was really great with the exception of our poor butler service. I would highly, highly recommend this to anyone. Just do not tip the butler before he actually shows he deserves it. :) If you have any questions or would like to see pictures of our room etc you can email me. P.S. Great drinks: Majestic; BananaMama, Tequila Sunrise & the Mamajawana.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear AshleyP,

On behalf of Majestic Elegance Punta Cana we would like to thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to write this nice review here on Trip Advisor.

We are very glad to know that you had a wonderful and relaxing holiday at the Majestic Elegance Club and we appreciate you mentioning our excellent culinary offer, our Elegance Club, our rooms, our beach and staff service.

At the same time I regret that you were not completely satisfied with your Butler's service, please accept our appologies , we have sent your comments to the corresponding managers.

Regarding the roof top bar I am pleased to announce that by September the roof top bar will be open for our guests.

We look forward to welcoming you soon back here at the Majestic Elegance & the Club.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

Omg ! I love , love this place . Me and my family wants to thanks all the staff here . You guys are great !I think everything is perfect , no negative comment here . Can't wait to go back .. I love D.R . !! Gracias from N.Y

• Stayed July 2013
Dear Chucha6,

Thank you for writing such a nice report here on Trip Advisor and for spending your holiday at Majestic Resorts.

Everett, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

I recently got married at the Majestic Elegance in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic. Although my wedding day went perfect, I was disappointed with the hotel.
There was only one club and people were able to smoke inside the club, which by the way was very small; through out the property even though they had night staff entertainment, we were unable to go dancing the night away.
The food was very average, it wasn't great, just average.
The main lobby was an oven, yes, I know we are in the Dominican Republic, but it was ridiculously hot, they can use a couple of ceiling fans to ventilate the air.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

I must say this place is awesome. The hospitality is great, the cleanliness is phenomenal. But I have to be honest the beds are terrible omg they are sooooo hard, I complained but nothing could be done all beds are the same there. (There went my back for a week). The showers in the room very dangerous when you walk out the water comes out & the floor is slippery. Other then that it's a must go place. Loved it..

• Stayed July 2013
Majestic-Ele, Public Relations Manager at Majestic Elegance Punta Cana, responded to this review, July 27, 2013
Dear Kari 522,

I would like to thank you for choosing the Majestic Elegance and for sharing your experience with us through this website.

We are really glad to know that you had a great stay with us and that you specially enjoyed our property, staff and service.

On the other hand we regret to hear that you were not completely satisfied with your bed . Please accept our senciere appologies and we take your comment very seriously as they help us to improve for the future.

We are really looking forward to welcoming you soon back at the Majestic Elegance and the Club.

Public Relation Manager
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

This was our first all inclusive vacation and I did a lot of research using trip advisor and reviews. I wanted to share our experience because we had a wonderful stay at the Majestic Elegance. We were greeted at the private check in and offered a drink, our butler Rafael was quick to walk us around the resort and was willing to work out a room up grade. We went from a ground floor jungle view to the second floor somewhat ocean view. The next day Rafael came and found us and we were upgraded to the 3rd floor with the best ocean view. The rooms were amazing and very clean. There is so much to do at the resort casino, shows every night, activities, and the beds by the beach were awesome. Service was excellent we did tip but the workers truly deserve it they work like dogs to make sure you are having an amazing time. We thoroughly enjoyed the white beach party Sunday night and the foam party in the pool was a lot of fun. Bring your rafts and own goggles you can see all kinds of cool fish right from the beach. Take a piece of bread from lunch to the water with you and the fish will be circling you in no time. The presentation of food in each restaurant was grand and the food was excellent! We ate at every restaurant and did not have anything we didn't like and we are connoisseurs of food. We met a lot of fun people at the adult swim up bar this is the place to party especially before the pools close order a rumba! Overall we were very impressed with this resort and had an awesome vacation!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Kyla 3030,

Thank you for having chosen the Majestic Elegance and for sharing your experience with us through this website.
We are really glad to know that you had a wonderful vacation with us and that you specially enjoyed the beautiful beach, staff service, the room and bars.

We look forward to welcoming soon back at the Majestic Elegance.

Public Relations Manager

Been to Majestic Elegance Punta Cana? Share your experiences!