Let me assure you, that I am a VERY PICKY traveler. I am picky about food, noise, room, etc. If I don't like something - I will say it, I won't think twice.
If you are still deliberating, whether to go or not, here is my answer: GO, DEFINITELY!!!
If you are choosing the hotel that is right for you - this one was perfect for me.
This place is like heaven on earth. And it is not just the island, the beach or the hotel - it is the whole thing. The island is beautiful. I understand now how Christopher Columbus must have felt - it is like paradise on earth. The beach is long and amazing, simply amazing - just beautiful white/pink sand - pleasant to the touch. You can walk for hours (make sure to cover yourself - I got a sunburn because I was too exited to use enough sunblock).
The water is crystal clear, and it is turquoise blue. The color is just so beautiful, you will be speechless. The sea view takes your breath away - the best place on earth. Take some bananas from your breakfast buffet and feed the fish.
Now about the hotel. I loved it. I loved everything about it - the look, the feel, the people. The food is beyond perfection. We had black caviar on one day. I mean, black caviar??? This is like $$$$$$. I know some people complain about food but I actually think I know why. When you have over 1,000 dishes to choose from, some people just get overwhelmed. Not only you have a buffet style diner - you have so many restaurants to choose from - the Japanese place, the Italian and the Steakhouse. This is on top of 24/7 room service. I actually tried room service - got a grilled dorada with rice and fruit - yum!!! Delicious is not the word to describe it. It was superb. Highly recommend it. One couple told me they had it for breakfast every day.
I did not get sick at all, but one guy I know did. The reason why he got sick was very simple. All you can eat, all you can drink and then all you can swim. You get the picture. Overindulgence. If you don't eat like a pig and don't drink like a fish - you will not get sick, guaranteed.
I have tried ALL restaurants, and I loved them all. However, my favorite is still the buffet and the room service meal. Not because everything else was bad, no, just because it was my taste.
The staff is outstanding. One of the security guards, Alexandro (I think) was so vigilant - I felt absolutely safe walking in the middle of the night on the beach.
The beach is well-kept. There was a guy who picked up seaweed every morning. It was extremely clean.
The exercise facility is well equipped. We had a trainer, Alexandro (a different guy) - there are not enough words in my vocabulary to praise his efforts. I took two classes per day with him.
It is hard for me to describe everything that was amazing. I guess I will sum it up: that was the best vacation in my life. I am definitely coming back some day.
For the negatives:
1. The curtains up on the bed poles need to be washed more frequently, they smell musty. That's because of the high humidity.
2. The market is too far away. Could the hotel offer some water taxi rides to the market and back? I know it is a pleasant 40 minute walk, but not when you two full bags in your hands and late for a snorkeling trip.
3. The banana boats make rides and make waves. Why can't those banana boats go right instead of left - then people can swim in peace.
1. Bring a long wrap to cover your shoulders.
2. Go for dolphin adventure - expect to take tons of pictures.
3. If you want to order steak at the Steakhouse, make it rare - I ordered my well-done and it was tough.
4. Try room service meals - they are fabulous.
5. Bring enough one-dollar bills for tips (not because you have to, but because everybody is just so nice, you would want to tip them).
6. Don't bother exchanging your money into local currency, U.S. dollars are accepted everywhere.
7. If you like shopping for clothes, don't miss the market. Warning: you can find really good deals and great clothes. I still wear mine!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Opening in October 2008, the Majestic Elegance Punta Cana is the answer to fulfill the needs of a clientele, which is becoming more demanding of a high-end menu of facilities and services. This spectacular 5 star all inclusive resort is surrounded by the most astonishing landscapes, exuberant flora and fauna, making it an ideal place for Caribbean lovers and first timers visiting the Dominican Republic. In two words “comfort and style”, is the best definition to describe the New Majestic Elegance Punta Cana. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Amex, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your Majestic Elegance Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Majestic Elegance Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Majestic Elegance Hotel Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Majestic Elegance