“An honest review” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Majestic Elegance Punta Cana

Save Saved
You added Majestic Elegance Punta Cana to your Saves list
Majestic Elegance Punta Cana
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Majestic Street | Arena Gorda a Macao, Punta Cana 3005, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #14 of 101 hotels in Punta Cana
Los Angeles, California
“An honest review”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

Let me assure you, that I am a VERY PICKY traveler. I am picky about food, noise, room, etc. If I don't like something - I will say it, I won't think twice.

If you are still deliberating, whether to go or not, here is my answer: GO, DEFINITELY!!!
If you are choosing the hotel that is right for you - this one was perfect for me.

This place is like heaven on earth. And it is not just the island, the beach or the hotel - it is the whole thing. The island is beautiful. I understand now how Christopher Columbus must have felt - it is like paradise on earth. The beach is long and amazing, simply amazing - just beautiful white/pink sand - pleasant to the touch. You can walk for hours (make sure to cover yourself - I got a sunburn because I was too exited to use enough sunblock).

The water is crystal clear, and it is turquoise blue. The color is just so beautiful, you will be speechless. The sea view takes your breath away - the best place on earth. Take some bananas from your breakfast buffet and feed the fish.

Now about the hotel. I loved it. I loved everything about it - the look, the feel, the people. The food is beyond perfection. We had black caviar on one day. I mean, black caviar??? This is like $$$$$$. I know some people complain about food but I actually think I know why. When you have over 1,000 dishes to choose from, some people just get overwhelmed. Not only you have a buffet style diner - you have so many restaurants to choose from - the Japanese place, the Italian and the Steakhouse. This is on top of 24/7 room service. I actually tried room service - got a grilled dorada with rice and fruit - yum!!! Delicious is not the word to describe it. It was superb. Highly recommend it. One couple told me they had it for breakfast every day.

I did not get sick at all, but one guy I know did. The reason why he got sick was very simple. All you can eat, all you can drink and then all you can swim. You get the picture. Overindulgence. If you don't eat like a pig and don't drink like a fish - you will not get sick, guaranteed.

I have tried ALL restaurants, and I loved them all. However, my favorite is still the buffet and the room service meal. Not because everything else was bad, no, just because it was my taste.

The staff is outstanding. One of the security guards, Alexandro (I think) was so vigilant - I felt absolutely safe walking in the middle of the night on the beach.

The beach is well-kept. There was a guy who picked up seaweed every morning. It was extremely clean.

The exercise facility is well equipped. We had a trainer, Alexandro (a different guy) - there are not enough words in my vocabulary to praise his efforts. I took two classes per day with him.

It is hard for me to describe everything that was amazing. I guess I will sum it up: that was the best vacation in my life. I am definitely coming back some day.

For the negatives:

1. The curtains up on the bed poles need to be washed more frequently, they smell musty. That's because of the high humidity.

2. The market is too far away. Could the hotel offer some water taxi rides to the market and back? I know it is a pleasant 40 minute walk, but not when you two full bags in your hands and late for a snorkeling trip.

3. The banana boats make rides and make waves. Why can't those banana boats go right instead of left - then people can swim in peace.

Tips:

1. Bring a long wrap to cover your shoulders.
2. Go for dolphin adventure - expect to take tons of pictures.
3. If you want to order steak at the Steakhouse, make it rare - I ordered my well-done and it was tough.
4. Try room service meals - they are fabulous.
5. Bring enough one-dollar bills for tips (not because you have to, but because everybody is just so nice, you would want to tip them).
6. Don't bother exchanging your money into local currency, U.S. dollars are accepted everywhere.
7. If you like shopping for clothes, don't miss the market. Warning: you can find really good deals and great clothes. I still wear mine!

Room Tip: If you are noise-sensitive, stay on the top floor.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Majestic-Ele, Public Relations Manager at Majestic Elegance Punta Cana, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Dear honestopinion2005,

On behalf of Majestic Elegance Punta Cana we would like to thank you for your positive review regarding your recent stay with us.

Thank you for choosing the Majestic Elegance for your holiday.

We are really glad to know that we were able to meet or even exceeded your expectation appreciating your nice words for our property, the food, the staff service and our pools and restaurants.

We look forward to welcoming you on your next visit to the Caribbean.

Public Relations Manager

8,850 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,126)
  • Polish first
Hamilton, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

We just got back from our week long trip in paradise. This resort was fabulous! Although our flight was delayed more than six hours (so it was 2 a.m. when we got there), the staff was there waiting to accommodate us. The Elegance Club staff was especially fabulous. Thank you to Melody who helped us upgrade our room. We definitely recommend the swim-up rooms. Our Butler, Santiago, was always there to help us with whatever we needed. Our room was always clean, thanks to the staff. While enjoying the outdoor festivites, Maxima, Felix, Rosa and Emmanuel was always there to make sure we were enjoying our vacation. The Entertainment crew was also well...very entertaining. A special thank you to Black Panther for helping us with our Spanish lessons. Our trip would not have been made more memorable without Belkis who did an OUTSTANDING job with our photos. We definitely recommend getting pictures taken while you are there. Even though we just got back from our trip, we cannot wait to plan another vacation at the Majestic Elegance. Thank you to all the staff for making our stay so wonderful and memorable. We not only enjoyed making new memories, we enjoyed making new friendships with other couples at the resort and the staff.

Room Tip: Swim-up room in the Elegance Club is worth every penny!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Florida City, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

The rooms are perfect,relaxing,nice,neat,organized and we loved the hot tubs there are so relaxing to stay there the whole day. the bed matress is so comterble to sleep in. we loved the hotel we are sure going next year again.

Room Tip: Depends on the taste of the family or couples. higher floors have less noice like floors 3 & 4.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Lithia Springs, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

We just got back from our week in Punta Cana and my wife and I had a blast. The staff there makes the experience that much better! We have stayed at resorts and all inclusives in the past but The Majestic Elegance Club experience tops them all for a fun filled week with plenty of activities and great atmosphere. The beach was clean and well kept , the rooms were 4 star with all the things that you would want. The best part of the experience for us was the Animation Team. These guys were full of energy, great attitudes, and smiles all around. Mosquito, 50 Cent, Black Panther, Coffee Girl, Darihana, BlackyMC, Pita, and Chocolate girl were our adopted friends and made the Olympics, Bikini Contest, and all other activities fun and kept us involved. Not to mention one of the best 4th of July Parties we've ever been to!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Long Lake, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

What an AWESOME experience enjoyed at the Majestic Elegance Resort!
I arrived on April 16th and stayed until the 23rd for my sister’s wedding.
As soon as we arrived to the resort we were welcomed by a huge banner with the bride and grooms last names and a very accommodating and friendly staff.
Everything from the drinks to the beach was absolutely amazing!

Drinks.... The drinks were dangerously delicious especially the dirty monkeys, majestics, and pina coladas. Yummy!! Make sure you try out the infamous mamma juana shots too, just don’t drink too many. Maxima, Melvin, Victor, Santo and Felix were very fun and fast at making drinks.

Room…. Our room, 1245 was big, a close walk to the beach and kept clean thanks to the cleaning ladies.

Beach... the beach was absolutely beautiful.....soft white sand, crisp clear blue water, & light waves. Walking along the shoreline, and soaking up sunrays while listening to the sound of the ocean was one of the many highlights of my trip.

Food…. It was fun to try out a variety of different foods. Flavors was my favorite restaurant. The omelets and french toast was very tasty. All of the staff was excellent there, especially Nelson- what a cutie!! He was so enthusiastic, assertive, and always greeted us with a friendly smile and by our first names.

Wedding… The wedding ceremony was incredible…everything from the pictures to the dinner was amazing!

Wedding Photos… The bride and groom as well as the rest of the family was very pleased with the quality of the wedding photos. Javis did an amazing job. He is a very talented photographer. The pictures looked unreal…the lighting, backgrounds, scenery, ect were all amazing. I would highly recommend him.

Spa.. I would highly recommend a trip to the spa. I purchased a 30 min. deep tissue massage and it was the best massage I have ever had, thanks to Maria!! Everyone in our group was very pleased with their massages. Also the pools, sauna, steam room, hot shower, and hot stones were a great way to unwind and relax. As for hair-dos a couple of the girls in the wedding party were not happy with the way that their hair turned out and the language barrier made it difficult to communicate the way that they wanted their hair to look. So I would not recommend getting your hair done at the spa. I got my make-up done though and Sonia did an absolutely amazing job. I loved it! I would highly recommend her for make-up.

Entertainment… circus/acrobat show and Michael Jackson show were defiantly worth seeing.

Butlers… Santiago wasn’t my butler, but he went above and beyond to make sure the guests were happy. He was pretty funny too. Benjamin was accommodating as well.

Great staff, food, drinks, rooms, entertainment, everything!! Thanks for a FABULOUS time!!

Room Tip: Choose a that's close to the beach.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
San Diego
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

We loved this place.
You will read other reviews about the tiles in the pool falling off, etc.,but the staff more than makes up for such trivial annoyances. They treat you like family here.
The drinks were great, the food was just fine, especially the lunches at Sea and Sea, and the restaurants were fantastic.....all of them including the buffet.
The French executive chef was always around checking her staff and food.
The steak house rib eye was the only bad meal I had in the 10 days I was there.
There were 8 of us and each of us got a touch of angry stomach flu for 1 to 2 days.
We never could figure out what caused it, as we all ate together. My daughter is a strict vegetarian and she perhaps was the hardest hit, but not severe enough to stop her from enjoying the many fun activities in the pool and beach.
Great rooms, cold AC, and fantastic maid service.
Room service takes 45 minutes but when you are here you need to chill out and tune into to DR time !
We won some money playing what we called Pirate Blackjack at the casino. It is a very small, casino, a bit stuffy and hot,but fun.
Great prices and value for what you get, quality food and drink, and the best staff I have ever had the pleasure to share my family vacation with.

Room Tip: We stayed in building 2, second floor suite and it was PERFECT ! The swim up rooms are the ticket t...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Buzzyblues,

We would like to thank you for taking the time and sharing your experience regarding your recent stay at Majestic Elegance.

We regret to hear that some of you had stomach flu during your stay, unfortunately this is common in visitors to tropical areas .

On the other hand we are also very glad to know that all of you enjoyed your holidays with us specially for our staff, service, restaurants, rooms and beach.

We are looking forward to welcoming you soon back here at the Majestic Elegance in Punta Cana.

Public relations Manager
Wantagh, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

Majestic Elegance is the most beautiful place I have ever been to. It is such a relaxing environment, beautiful pool, amazing beach and great ENTERTAINMENT. My family and I had so much fun with the Funjestic Team, especially Coffee Girl, Black Panther, 50 Cent and Sonso. We were involved in games, we danced and laughed our butts off at the Mister Sexy contest at the beach. I can not wait to get back to Majestic Elegance.

Room Tip: Our room was on the bottom floor right by the big number 1 (Building Number One). It was a short wal...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Majestic-Ele, Public Relations Manager at Majestic Elegance Punta Cana, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Dear SarahLongIsland,

On behalf of all Majestic Elegance staff I would like to thank for writing such a nice report and for spending your Holiday at Majestic Resorts.

We are very glad that you had a wonderful stay with us and want to thank you especially for your nice words for our property and on behalf of the Funjestic Team.

We look forward to welcoming you and your family on your next visit to the Caribbean.

Public Relations Manager

Been to Majestic Elegance Punta Cana? Share your experiences!