“Best. Week. EVER!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Majestic Elegance Punta Cana

You added Majestic Elegance Punta Cana to your Saves list
Majestic Elegance Punta Cana
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Majestic Street | Arena Gorda a Macao, Punta Cana 3005, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #16 of 99 Hotels in Punta Cana
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Boston, Massachusetts
“Best. Week. EVER!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

We stayed at the Majestic Elegance and it was absolutely amazing! The hotel was gorgeous and the beaches were beautiful but the staff members were what really made the trip unforgettable.

Our favorite was Maxima who was the bartender at the Club pool and beach. She went above and beyond everyday to make sure that we were having a great time and always had a drink in our hand. She was beyond personable and truly made our vacation special. Rosa was the other bartender at the club and she was also incredible.

Harry was the club concierge who was helpful with dinner reservations and answering questions all week; he was the epitome of service with a smile! Sammy was our butler for the week and was also accommodating with any questions or requests we had throughout the week.

The food at the Elegance was way better than I excepted- our favorite was the hibachi restaurant (which you need a reservation for). The buffets were pretty good as well.

Our biggest tip we can give is to choose the upgrade to the elegance club. In the club lounge there is an array of breakfast items in the morning and then snacks in the afternoon. They also had a cooler with waters and soda. This was the best part of the upgrade as it was feet from the pool so snacking and getting water was incredibly easy.

Overall, great vacation!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Majestic-Ele, Guest Relations Manager at Majestic Elegance Punta Cana, responded to this review, June 30, 2013
Dear Alexandra 60745,

On behalf of all Majestic Elegance staff I would like to thank you for writing such a nice report and for spending your Holiday at Majestic Elegance Resort.

We are very glad that you spent a fantastic week with us and want to thank you especially for your nice words for our property, food, restaurant, service and staff.

We look forward to welcoming you on your next visit to the Caribbean.

Public Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,922)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Milford, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

We just got back last night after spending a week at Majestic (booked the Club). I have been reading reviews since we booked the trip in March. I honestly dont understand all of the negative comments. I am wondering if they even stayed at the same hotel as we did? ;)
Okay, so we arrived early as our flight was early and when we got there, we were greeted by Sammy, our butler. Very polite and friendly. He took us to a private check in area and explained everything to us in detail. Since we were early, he said he would go see if our room was ready and took us to the bar to wait.He ordered us 2 drinks, the Majestic. Simply awesome.

ROOM: Our room was ready even though we were early and he took us on a complete tour of the grounds. We got to our room and to our surprise,we got an ocean view room! The room was spotless and just what we booked and smelled awesome.I have read reviews saying the rooms smelled musty,sheets were wet but we had nothing like that.....ever. It was perfect. Other reviews had issues with the toilet being square.......um........if that's really a big issue,then you have bigger issues in life. ;) Shower was awesome.

GROUNDS: The property is immacculate and well kept and there was always someone cleaning or performing upkeep. I dont think reviewers who gave negative reviews know just how hard it is to keep up with maintaining a resort. Yes, there were a few tiles missing here and there and the only reason we noticed is from past reviews. Otherwise, we could care less. The workers really work very hard here. Pools are spectacular and very warm!

EMPLOYEES: Okay, so we would say about 95% of the employees that we walked past daily said Hola or smiled at us. Yes, others would either look down or not look at all. I don't think they were being rude, I think it's mostly a language thing. Also, some people simply have bad days at work. I know I sure do!
The waitstaff were all very friendly and extremely hardworking! They go out of their way to make sure you have enough water and coffee (at breakfast). Very attentive for the amount of people they have to take care of. We only encountered one who was not so friendly, but other than that, everyone was great. The Dominican people are very, very hardworking people who work very long hours. My wife and I are not the sort of people who expect people to take care of us.......which made us feel weird about having a butler. I don't like people to think they have to wait on me so we tried not bother Sammy at all except to make 2 dinner reservations. I held the door open for some of the female workers and they were amazed and very, very thankful for this little gesture, so please treat the workers with repsect. It helps to know a little Spanish but if not, simply saying Hola and a smile goes a loooong way. We can speak a few Spanish phrases and I asked for my egg omelette (at the omelette station) in Spanish and it was well appreciated. Just know the basics in Spanish: Good morning, hello, where is, thank you, more, please, no thank you, thank you. Trust me.......it goes a very long way.

FOOD: Food reviews are very subjective and everyone has their own opinions. I don't get all of the negative reviews on the food at all! We liked the food a lot. Breakfast buffet is awesome as well as the lunch and dinner buffets.Carving stations are excellent. The fruit here is simply amazing!!! Passion Fruit!!! We can't get it where we live so we were very excited over this. Something for everyone. Yes, some of the food has a bit more salt than others but most restauraunts cook like that in the US as well. Waitstaff at the buffet are outstanding!
Steakhouse was awesome and the meat was cooked perfectly. We ate at the Italian place and liked it. Our favorite was the French resturaunt. We had lamb and also the duck........awesome!

BEACH/POOLS: Probably the most beautiful beach and pools we have ever seen. Always found chairs no matter what time we went, never any issues. Even though we booked the Club, we did find more open chairs on the Colonial side so keep that in mind. We didn't have any towel issues as we simply brought our own towels with us. Maxima is always running around grabbing drinks and is extremely hardworking and very friendly!

There is ALWAYS something to do everynight: Beach party BBQs, Tequila Party, Martini Party....

Also, tip the staff. 2 dollars here, 3 here.......I tipped everytime I got a drink. I didn't do this so they would remember me, I did this because while we are laying out by a pool or on the beach, the workers are dressed in long sleeves and pants in the hot sun and getting drinks for us. A little gratitude goes a long way.

So, if I can be a little picky, I would say to try get the WIFI upgraded (very spotty) and please fix the pool tables and get new pool cues.

In closing, don't worry about the reviews all that much (just compare the amount of positive reviews to the negative ones) and have fun! The rooms are nice, the food is good and the people are friendly. I will rate this place a 4 as I feel there is always room for improvement and it would be unfair to rate a 5. Go have a great time, you will be glad!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Majestic-Ele, Public Relations Manager at Majestic Elegance Punta Cana, responded to this review, June 30, 2013
Dear Noel p,

On behalf of Majestic Elegance Punta Cana we would like to thank you for your positive and constructive review regarding your recent stay with us.

We are very glad to know that you had a great holiday here and we appreciate you mentioning our Excellent culinary offer, our Elegance Club, our rooms, our beach and staff service with a special note for our Butler Sammy.

We look forward to welcoming you soon back here at the Majestic Elegance & the Club.

Kind Regards

Louisville, Kentucky, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

If you are looking for a nice place for a reasonable price this is your place. I will start with the positives as there were many more of them then negatives. The grounds were spotless, the people were nice, the food was overall pretty good and our room was just fine. ROOM: It was fine for us as we are not very picky. What I mean by that is there was a small patch in the wall from whatever and was not sanded down perfectly, that was not a big deal to us. There were a few minor things in the room but they were very very minor. Our butler Rafael Mendez was a very nice guy, he did answer or help us with any questions we might have had. The only issue I had with the butler system (which was not Rafael's issue) was if you ever needed anything when they were off work no one seemed to know. So make sure you ask when there working hours are. We had a bartender by the name of Daritza Reyes our first day, she was the best. She made things fun, made good drinks and remembered all 4 of our names the entire trip. Thanks Daritza.
I did have one minor complaint and one major compaint...the minor complaint is in all the big gathering areas under canopies..ie. show areas and main lobby bars there are NO ceiling fans which makes the air not move at all and is very hot. I could only spend a few minutes in each area before I became a sweaty mess and I enjoy hot weather. Now my major complaint is there are stores located on the Majestic property that sells everyday items and knick knacks. All I can speak for is the store on the corner but it happened twice of which the second time I caught her. If you dont do the math in your head and know how much you should be paying they will jack the price up to see if you will pay it. First time my wife went in and she wasnt paying attention to prices really (i guess just trusting them) when she got back to the room I did the math and our bill should have been 24 US dollars of which she got charged 31 dollars. So the next time we went in there I did the math prior to us getting to the register. Bill should have been 44 dollars which she said it was 53, I asked her how she came up with her math and without hesitation she said 44 dollars. I think that is crap!! You should have to watch yourself off property but not on it. Just things to help you out...every excursion you can talk down to a lower price. If they say that is the final price say ok and walk away, they will call you back before you get more than 10ft away. If you are going for the casino then dont! It has about 20 slot machines, 6 blackjack tables and 2 roulette tables and smells.
If you are going on vacation to get away sit poolside, barside, and ocean side then this place is a very good bargain. I would recommend Majestic Elegance.

Dear Donald S,

Thank you very much for your recent stay here at the Majestic Elegance and for writing this constructive and nice review on tripadvisor.

We are very sorry about the issues you and your wife had while you were here and will look immediately look into this matter.

At the same time we are pleased for your four star rating and your nice comments about our staff, grounds, food, beach, pools and Elegance Club services.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

I recently got married at the Majestic Elegance and had 30+ of our closest friends and family travel to attend the wedding and to have a nice vacation away from home. My wife and I could not be more disappointed with this hotel. We literally read hundreds of reviews before picking this place last year and thought we would be in for a real treat once we arrived. Wow....were we wrong.

I truly believe that the people who write the positive reviews and enjoy their experience here have either never been to a great all-inclusive or are accustomed to rude people and awful food. We have been to several all-inclusive hotels, some excellent, and some just ok. This hotel is awful. I don't want to disappoint the people who are already booked to go here, but I do want to plead with people looking for a place to go and say that there are MUCH better resorts other than this place.

Here are a few details: the staff and workers at this hotel are rude, lazy, and unprofessional. I have never been anywhere, on vacation or in the US, where the workers were this bad. Everyone looks miserable, they never smile and act as if you are a nuisance. Management is also a joke. They are just as rude as their workers and never try to please their guests. The management is clearly in over their head and it is as if the hotel is run by a theme of complete incompetence on almost every aspect of the hospitality industry.

The food is bad, except for the Steakhouse and breakfast. Everything else is either average or just plain bad. The beach is awesome, pool is great, but that's about it. The rooms are nice but they smell, the restaurants all have a stench as well. Our butler Junior was horrible, all we asked for all week was the aromatherapy and that was just too much for Junior to handle. Someone arrived 3 days later to put it in our room, but like everything else at this hotel he didn't have the right stuff to set it up. He said he'd be back in the morning to put it in....we never saw him again. No big deal because at this hotel you become accustomed to crappy service. Room Service was awful and took an hour and a half to arrive.

Ok...the casino staff. They were the worst group of people we encountered the entire trip. Our group couldn't understand how the casino staff could be so miserable every night, but they are.

Finally, the bad service, the bad food, the poor management became an ongoing joke within our group but we made the best of our stay and had a great time. We all agreed that we will never go back to this place. I read TripAdvisor religiously to make good choices when traveling so I urge you to trust me and steer clear from the Majestic Elegance. If you are already booked and going soon, you can have a good trip but just lower your expectations tremendously!!!

Stayed June 2013
Romitello, Rooms Division Manager at Majestic Elegance Punta Cana, responded to this review, June 22, 2013
Dear Dustin Y,

First of all, I would like to thank you for choosing the Majestic Elegance Punta Cana for as your wedding spot and moreover for taking time to write a review on Tripadvisor.

As many of the readers and users know, Tripadvisor is a great tool in order to get first hand feedback from past travelers of a hotel but it is also a powerful tool for us, hoteliers, to provide our side of the story whenever we consider appropriate.

In the specific case of your review, we do feel that your comments have been unfair towards our staff and towards the management team, specially considering the following facts:

In your review you do not mention that the Elegance Club Manager, after an issue you have had with your first room, personally came to your room in order to solve the issues and stayed with you till it was not solved. Him and his assistant constantly followed up with you and your wife making sure that everything was fine.

A compensation for the issues in the room was offered and when not accepted another type of compensation was offered; you did agree to the second compensation and signed the release letter and agreed also about the confidentiality clause (which you are breaking with this review).

Junior, your butler, was seen with you many times in the pool area and in the Lounges as well, I am not sure if you did remind him about the aromatherapy requested when you did not receive on the first day.

Throughout your stay we have made 3 courtesy calls in your room, on the 12th, 16th and 17th and in none of them you ever express any concerns or dissatisfaction but always replied that everything was fine.

Concerning the Casino comments, I assume that you are referring to the issues one of your guests had one night with the cashier that mistakenly gave in back 10US$ less. Even though the hotel is not managing directly the Casino as it is an outsourced facility, our Night Manager stepped in the situation and helped to solve it together with the Casino Manager. The hotel even without a direct responsibility on the Casino, offered a compensation to your friend but they never passed by to our Guest Services offices in order to collect it.

In order to better sum up, I do recount 2 situations in which the management team stepped in in order to assist you and resolute your concerns.

On the other side, I do apologize if you did not enjoy the variety of our six restaurants on property: 5 a la carte with different types of cuisine and a buffet with 7 theme nights; perhaps the fact you were with a group of 32 people and with the pressure of the wedding you could not enjoy properly our dining offer.

Lastly, on behalf of the Majestic Elegance Punta Cana’s staff, I would like to apologize if we could not meet your expectations and, even if we tried hard, could not satisfy you with the resolution of your issues.

Should you decide to visit us again, please, do not hesitate to contact me direcly and I will make sure to take care of you in a Majestic way.

Jordi Figols Gagliardi
Rooms Division Manager
jfigols@majestic-resorts.com
New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

We stayed June 10-15th for our Honeymoon and absolutely loved our trip!!
Nothing to complain about at all. No idea how anyone can complain about this place really!!
We loved the Food!! At the Buffet there was always a good selection and everyday had a different theme. I loved lunch!! There was always a carving station and all the sides you can imagine.
Each A la carte Restaurant was different and very good. Only 2 restaurants you had to make reservations in advance and the others were walk in and never had to wait. Our favorite was the steak house! Also loved the Japanese cooking show. Also loved how the Italian Restaurant-- it stayed open til 11:30PM-- some nights we ate 2 dinners!
The bach was very nice. Loved the elegance club section in front of the Ella building which had a huge pool and a bunch of day beds. I sat at the same day bed everyday and went in the pool and turned around and watched the ocean. So beautiful. There are bars outside of every elegance club and inside the club is wifi, snacks, and a serve yourself basic bar. Felix was a bartender in the front that was very friendly and got your drinks fast! Also the waitstaff would bring you drinks in the pool! They were very nice.
We never had issues getting towels or trading in for new ones.
Rooms were very comfortable. We stayed in Elegance Club and really felt it was worth it. Our Butler Caesar always checked in on us and asked if we needed anything. We did take up his offer to set us up a bubble bath which was awesome! Rose Petals, candles and bubbles. Perfect!
Was really a fun, relaxing honeymoon and we are glad we went there!
Top shelf liquor was there, but you had to ask for it. The only downfall is they didn't have Captain Morgans so I drank the Blanco House White Rum which was fine. The drink "Majestic" was really good. Was a frozen drink that tasted like a creamsicle.
For our honeymoon they reserved us a "romantic dinner" but unfortunately the only hour it rained all week was then and it was our last night, so we missed that. They also gave us a romantic breakfast which was room service with a lot of breakfast items (too much!!).
We also had a view of the ocean which was perfect.
The shows were good but we loved the outdoor entertainment each night. We also loved the karaoke but there should be a gong to take horrible people off stage. One girl was YELLING and not even trying to sing. They should have shut her off!
We tipped everyone, every meal, every towel exchange, and for every drink. Those people are worth it! They work so hard and do everything to make your vacation the best!!!!

All in all we had a WONDERFUL trip and would definitely recommend this place!
We normally go to Mexico and Stay at the Grand Sunset/Grand Riviera Princess and the Majestic is definitely comparable and it's 1/2 it's size but has everything you need and more.
Loved it It was the best Honeymoon we could have asked for!

Room Tip: Elle or Ella building is closest to the beach. We weren't in them and it was fine anyways! Cou...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Majestic-Ele, Public Relations Manager at Majestic Elegance Punta Cana, responded to this review, June 23, 2013
Dear Shelley07,

On behalf of Majestic elegance I would like to thank you for your recent stay here and for sharing your comments through this website.

I am very glad to know that we exceeded your expectations and that you loved your honeymoon experience with us.

I would like to thank you for your positive feedback about our resorts in general and especially for our food offer, our beach, the Elegance Club, entertainment, our staff service with a special mention for Felix.

We are really looking forward to welcoming you soon back at the Majestic Elegance in sunny Punta Cana.

Our Warmest Regards

Leesburg, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

The Majestic Elegance was everything that I expected thanks to the plethora of reviews.

Tip: Upon arrival, I went to the duty free store for a bottle of cognac, cigars, and other items just to make sure that I had all I needed prior to arriving at the resort.

The rooms are exactly as advertised and the resort will allow you to change if you are not happy with your room. Some folks complained of a musky odor and the humidity in the room (and Punta Cana in general). I could detect a very minor odor but with the AC running, I was pretty comfortable. I will add that your clothes/sheets will have a tad bit of moister due to the humidity. Due to the time of year, there is no getting around this issue.

Week’s prior to arrival, I had requested a seaside room with lots of peace and quiet. My first room was nice but the balcony faced a pile of trash / rubbish outside of the property line. Note to management..this was truly not a good first impression as it would have taken only an hour or so to clean this area and would have saved me time as I did relocate. Also the day that I departed, the trash was still there.
As I stated, I was given the option to relocate to 1 of 6 additional rooms and I chose what I felt was one of the best room in the resort (4335 seaside view with a view of the natural tree line foliage (near the original room without the rubbish view and very quiet). My room was also extremely close to the beach. Needless to say, I was very pleased.

Note: arrive early, as if there are any room issues, you can change prior to the later flights arriving.

Per my experience as a single traveler, I will add that this resort is primarily geared for couples, as there were few singles in my age group. In addition, if you desire to spend a lot of time with the local (other than the local staff) populous, forget it as it is not advised. The closest town was approximately 15 mins from the resort and was a tad bit “beat-up”.

The nightlife is lacking and pending who is in the resort (primarily wedding parties) drives the crowds. For the most part, the local club was very young. I did have the opportunity to visit the other resorts for a better experience but all in all the onsite club was very nice. If you are looking for a party, perhaps looking closer to Punta Cana or Santo Domingo is a better stay for you.

The hotel grounds are outstanding. Clean, well-manicured, and very well engineered! The climate was hot and very humid but it is very breezy (at times) so becoming acclimated was fairly quick. This being stated, due to the site engineering, there are a lot of trees which block the breeze to the main bar areas. It can get very hot /humid there due to a lack of circulation.

Per the other comments, I will add that I did meet a few people who got sick with some form of 24 hr stomach virus. I had no issues but a few were not well.

One very cool experience for me was talking to a lot of the local staff. These folks worked very hard to make my experience a great one. My butler (Benny) was great. He along with the others were always happy and accommodating. I truly had no need to be pampered with a butler and after I was stabilized in a room, I rarely called for anything other than room service. In jest….. rest assure, the staff will call you just to make sure that you are OK. For those of you who consistently complain about the staff, get a grip on reality. These folks are well-trained and per my experience, they worked extremely hard to accommodate my every need.

The food was pretty good for a resort this size! The steakhouse seems to be the greatest hit for many. I was also very impressed with the breakfast buffet (simply amazing) and the seaside lunch buffet as there were standard foods but always some form of local cuisine available which ranged from seafood’s and chicken to suckling pig. The foods (especially breakfast) were always very fresh and accommodating to every palate.

As for the entertainment, I will state, the Michael Jackson show was the best by far and very entertaining. The 70/80's party was great. Also the "White Party" was excellent!

The beach is amazing; the water is warm, clean, and clear. Also you can walk to the other resorts without issue. Also, there are folks promoting different beach venues/tours are not pushy (which I found interesting) . There are also guys selling cigars along the beach. I happen to consider myself a bit of an aficionado and did not perchance any as I did not want any counterfeit or humidity issues with my cigars.

Beware of the local on site cigar store, as their prices were simply outrageous. $96.00 for a Cohiba….you have got to be kidding.

Also, one major drawback is the lack of wi-fi in the rooms. They do allow free use of computers and wi-fi in the “pod areas” but they are really slow (perhaps 14.4kbs) in my humble opinion.

I will add that as much as I enjoyed the resort, I truly enjoyed those from around the globe who were also vacationing. I failed to meet an unhappy person / couple which actually made this trip well worth it! People can make an average stay good but in this case they made a great stay truly exceptional. I actually several repeat customers…. so this place is definitely doing something right.

I tried to compress a lot of data in this review but i hope it helps!
Safe Travels!

Room Tip: Come early and chose your room as they are first come first serve. 4335 is one of the best for extre...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Dear THOMAS J,

Thanks so much for staying with us and taking the time to write this extensive and helpful review.

First of all I really would like to thank you on behalf of our team for your nice and rewarding comments about the hard work that our staff members make every day to make our guest’s stay a unique experience.

I am very pleased to know that you had an exceptional stay with us and that you liked our resort in general the rooms, the beach, the culinary offer in our different restaurants, the entertainment and the Elegance Club services.

At the same time, I apologize for the internet connection & wifi that unfortunately here on the island is not always working properly because of the services provided by the local phone companies.

Many thanks again for choosing us, and we all will look forward to seeing you soon back here at the Majestic Elegance & the Club..

Torrance, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

We just got back last week. My husband and I took our 2 college daughters on this trip. We were a little uncertain which hotel to choose, since there are so many. We were so happy with the Majestic Elegance. My daughter and I walked along the beach one day and checked out all the other hotels around the area, and we felt ours was by far the best!!!. We always found beach chairs near the water, with umbrellas for shade if needed. We noticed our hotel had the least amount of walking from room to ocean, and what a beautiful beach. Also the staff, the food, the entertainment,etc..was awesome. I had read some reviews of people complaining about fans not working and airconditioning problem...it was all ubsurd. We had a beautiful room with perfect air conditioning system. It blows my mind how anyone can complain about the hotel. Our waiter Carlos Santana(just like the singer) was awsome...they all were...all the people of this country were fabulous. If I had anything to complain about is, maybe take an extra pillow, we americans are used to thick pillows. We also took a bus from airport to hotel, which literally took us 1 1/2 hours, it stops at most hotels first. Next time I would take a taxi, 25 minutes. This was one of the best vacations we have ever had.

Room Tip: "We had a room on the forth floor, very very quiet"
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Majestic-Ele, Public Relations Manager at Majestic Elegance Punta Cana, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Dear Marlin F,

On behalf of all Majestic Elegance staff I would like to thank for writing such a nice report and for spending your Holiday at Majestic Resorts.

We are very glad that we exceeded your expectation and want to thank you especially for your nice words for our property and staff.

We look forward to welcoming you and your family on your next visit to the Caribbean.

Public Relations Manager

Been to Majestic Elegance Punta Cana? Share your experiences!