“Nothing about it was great except the shows!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Majestic Elegance Punta Cana

Save Saved
You added Majestic Elegance Punta Cana to your Saves list
Majestic Elegance Punta Cana
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Majestic Street | Arena Gorda a Macao, Punta Cana 3005, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #14 of 101 hotels in Punta Cana
New York, New York, United States
“Nothing about it was great except the shows!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

Nothing special but not terrible either. It's a super club so you better believe it will be slam packed with people. Grounds, beaches and staff were all nice but again, but nothing to write home about. The one thing we did like about it was the shows. Every night they put on some sort of live show which is actually quite entertaining. One night it was MJ, another night was some funky 80s show, another night a magic show etc etc.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
ELGUTIMAJ, General Manager at Majestic Elegance Punta Cana, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Dear Stephanie N,

First of all, I would like to express my gratitude for sharing your impressions of your recent stay.

We appreciate the observations concerning our service and facilities, and we are sorry that we were not able to impress you with our services.

Also, we greatly appreciate your comments about our activities and entertainment program, as it is due to their effort and dedication that we are able to accomplish our goal - the total satisfaction of our guests.

Once again, thank you for your valuable comments. I do hope to have the opportunity to serve you here at our Majestic Elegance again. If there is anything at all I can do for you, do not hesitate to contact me; I will be more than pleased to assist you.

Kind Regards,

Jose María Gutiérrez

9,710 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,450)
  • Polish first
Queens, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

Checking in was not so smooth our room was not available, I found this hard to understand because we booked this trip four months in advance. We were upgraded to another room which had a moldy smell, so we all to glad that we had to pack our bags and move to another room the next day. They did heip us with our bags which was nice. The room was very nice and did not have the moldy smell but the room was warm. I notified them of this and I hate to complain about it but they over did it and by the last day we were frozen. Its a good idea to brush up on your spanish because things can get lost in translation. It seeems that the Elegance club members enjoy certain previlages only availabe to cub members. I tried to up grade at check in, but was told the upgrade was not available. The beach and pool are awesome the spa was very nice as well. the food was just OK. Being in the Caribbean I was looking forward to some great sea food. Their Sea food resturant has the best views though, its right on the beach but the food was a let down.. They have a great animation team with alot of energy, lead by Micheal Jackson who keeps you entertained and make sure your having fun. I caught a stomach bug on my last day. I am not sure how I got it, but my parting advice would be DONT drink the water poured from the pitcher at the tables or the spa, ASK for the bottled water.

Room Tip: section 2 rooms are in the middle of resort but its near the poolbar bar and can be a bit nosie. Sec...
Orleans, Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

I was attending a friend's wedding April 20th to 27th 2013 at the hotel. Very nice location, they plan many weddings per year and everythig went well.
Hotel is very nice, the Elegance Club is worth the extra $$$. Very nice large rooms, ocean front, buttler service.
Food was good and even though they have 5 a la carte restaurants, the dining room is where I found th best variety and best tasting food. The other restaurants were a bit of a let down. French one was good one night and terrible the next. The Italian is rather blah, the steak place is Ok and I did not go to the Japanese one...there were mixed reviews for that one. Seafood one was OK also. It is a bit of a trek if you have ocean front rooms and need to go to the dining room
Beach wise it is PERFECT.
All in all a good place for a wedding or just plain getting away for a week.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

The resort is dingy, unclean, and not updated. The service wasn't very good either. The food was terrible.

I went on this trip with my fiance and another couple who are our good friends. At first sight, in the lobby we thought the place was beautiful however once we got to the pool we realized how old the place was. It wasn't updated, tiles in the pool were missing- large chunks of tile that were able to be picked up on the bottom of the pool. The buffet was completely unappetizing, the two other restaurants we ate at for dinner were the steakhouse and the Italian restaurant- both mediocre at best.

The sleeping room was dingy, musty smelling, had disgusting spa products (make sure you bring your own shampoo- it smelled like rubber), dirty, with old bed spreads...

For the price we paid, I expected more. I am extremely disappointed in the property and it left a bad taste in my mouth to ever revisit Punta Cana.

Amherst, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

The resort itself is beautiful! I have no complaints with the beaches, pools or bar service. The restaurants were of excellent quality and it was very easy to make reservations. The problems we experienced were directly related to the hotel management. Our butler took us to our room upon arrival and once we gave him a tip we never saw him again. We upgraded to the Elegance club and were expecting Butler service. Our room was absolutely horrible and it took two days to get the management to move us only after constant complaining. We learned quickly that the employees in the Elegance Club were not able to actually help in any way. The language barrier was so bad that we just stopped asking questions. I would recommend not spending the extra money to upgrade to the Elegance club. In addition to the previously mentioned problems a group of high school students made the rest of our stay unbearable. A group of high school students were celebrating Spring Break at this hotel. The hotel knowingly served alcohol to 14,15,16 year old kids any time of the day or night. These children were doing shots all day and acting immature and getting sick all over the hotel at night. Despite requests from many guests to stop serving them alcohol the hotel staff never stopped serving them. The single most important reason to not stay there is fraud at the front desk. The only time we used our credit card was at the front desk checking out. A week after we came home our credit card statement indicated many purchases at Dominican supermarkets and gas stations. After investigations by the credit card company it was determined that our credit card information was scanned at the hotel and a staff member gave the information to someone else who used our credit card. I would not stay here again and would recommend future guests to not trust the resort with your credit card

Haverhill, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Trip to this resort was not worth the money we spend. At first everything looked ok, we where greeted with the little towel and welcome drink and that's when it started . . . first they didn't have a room ready for us so we got different room then reserved just to be moved to different room next day. The guy who took us to our room didn't show us anything, he took us in to a cart and drove strait to our room, i believe his name was Julio. However the next day seeing that other people arriving at the hotel are getting a tour of the whole resort we asked one of the supervisors walking by why we didn't get a tour upon arrival? He apologized and took us right away to show us the whole resort. I was surprised that he didn't delegate this to someone else. I would like to thank you Leo for everything you did for us, you made our stay more interesting and enjoyable. I have to say that not all the supervisors at this resort are as nice, on several occasions we saw guy named Carlos using profound language towards his employees. Well that's enough about service. The beaches and pools where breath taking, everything looked perfect like from a move. We are glad we stay at the elegant club because we loved to have access to the pool and bed right out side of our room, it was great having your own, private bed outside the room, next to private pool. All that was good but what disappointed me was the food. The have few restaurants here but not one that would have a good food. I'v been at several different resorts and i miss the food from most of them, however i can't say the same about this resort. All in all if you looking for good vacation and willing to spent that much money LOOK some other place, this place is way overrated ! ! !

Room Tip: If you decide to go to this hotel, stay in room 4337 nice room and doesn't smell like some of th...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Majestic-Ele, General Manager at Majestic Elegance Punta Cana, responded to this review, May 26, 2013
Dear Grzegorz K,

First of all, we would like to express our gratitude for sharing your impressions of your recent stay.

We appreciate the observations concerning the service and the staff, and we are sorry that we were not able to impress you with our services. Even though I can assure you that we continuously work with our staff in order to improve the quality of our services, I also have to say that in general our guests perceive our people friendly, cheerful and sympathetic.

With reference to the food, I would like to point out that our restaurants were designed to cater to our diverse international clientele. We regret that our cuisine did not meet your expectations and you may feel assured that we took a good note of your particular observations.

We appreciate your compliments to Leo, our butler, as it is due to his effort and dedication that we are able to accomplish our goal - the total satisfaction of our guests.

Kind Regards,

Jose María Gutiérrez
Princeton, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

This was a good trip but not great. The property is beautiful, immaculately kept grounds and pristine beach. Great resort to relax.
Breakfast and lunch were less than we expected. Buffets were not appetizing and it was hard to find something truly "hot" at either meal.
Make sure you eat before 3 because there is only room service or hot dogs to chose from until 6:30pm
Dinner in the Steakhouse was always great we ate there 3 of the 5 nights during our stay. Italian and French Restaurants were not impressive.
The staff was pleasant and helpful but few spoke english.
No wash clothes were available 3 of the 5 days we were there and the air condition did not work 2 of the 5 days.
Casino is tiny and there is no night life after 11pm.
The only top shelf liquor was served in the lobby during the evening.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Majestic Elegance Punta Cana? Share your experiences!