“The best service!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Majestic Elegance Punta Cana

You added Majestic Elegance Punta Cana to your Saves list
Majestic Elegance Punta Cana
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Majestic Street | Arena Gorda a Macao, Punta Cana 3005, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #13 of 102 Hotels in Punta Cana
Montreal, Canada
“The best service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

I won't go on & on on the details of my trip, the beauty of the beach or the cleanliness of the rooms. I want to emphasize on the quality of the service provided from the entirety of the staff. I'm not a huge all-inclusive resort kind of guy, more like a boutique hotel traveller.
From the moment we arrived until the last minute of our stay at Majestic hotel, the service was amazing. (I would write it like a lot of people in Bold & UPPERCASE & S-p-a-c-e between each letter but....no.)
A very special mention to Christian, the sommelier at Majestic Punta Cana. I've personally worked in the restaurant industry for over ten years, but my hat's off to Christian. He transformed our trip from a very good one to an extraordinary one. A special thank you as well to Domingo Encarnacion and Jonathan De La Cruz for the excellent service on our last evening (private outside dinner under the Gazebo!)
Sorry for taking a few weeks to post this comment, hope it helps someone.
Christian, mi amigo, muchas gracias para todo, espero verte pronto.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms near the disco
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,693)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Ship bottom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

We paid the extra money for the Excellence Club and it was worth it. We had a nice time. The hotel is nice and we had the best room on the third floor of the last building overlooking the empty lot (#4335). The view of the ocean was fabulous. The beaches there are the best I have seen and the staff was friendly and helpful. We had a terrific butler, “Henry”. The airport in and out was really not too bad, especially for travel on Saturday.

The food was awful. We ate at all 5 restaurants and had the buffet twice. The meats and chicken were so tough you could not cut them, let alone eat them. There was very little fish. There were no whole grain breads and no vegetables. I did see broccoli one night but it was breaded and fried as was almost everything. There were very few salad makings and only iceberg lettuce. If you like burgers, fries, pizza, chips and salsa you could survive. My husband was sick for two days and I was sick for one. First vacation ever that I did not gain weight. To be fair, we asked other folks on the bus going ack to the airport, that stayed at other hotels in the area and they told us that their food was really no better and that Punta Cana is not known for good food. Most folks go there for the people and the beaches. So, if you are not a Foodie, like we are, you will be very happy here.

Room Tip: Ask for high floor overlooking the empty lot. Beautiful view of the Ocean and very entertaining.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

It has taken me a bit of time to write this review (1 year later) as it was a trip I was hoping to forget. However I cannot. I travel a lot for business and pleasure around the globe (all inclusives, cruises, etc.) and believe I can give a true fair rating from my experiences. I just recently returned from a trip to Playa del Carmen Mexico and stayed at the Paradisus La Perla which other than a narrow rocky beach which other state in reviews the place is fantastic and exceeded my expectations (food, staff, decor, etc.). I was thinking of how it is the complete opposite of the horrible experience at the Majestic Elegance. It is sad how I compare everyplace I go to the Majestic Elegance because a resort should stick to mind for the good not for the bad. To be fair perhaps they have made MAJOR changes in 1 year but I doubt it.

At first glance the place is visually beautiful and impressive. That first impression wore off quickly. As far as looks/feel the main entrance, lobby and bar are impressive but soon realize the poor quality of construction and finishing.
The room was musty, it smelled, always mosquitos and the shower flooded the room each time it was used.
Room Service was non existent. We tried ordering room service on two separate, both times food never arrived.
Other than the Japanese restaurant which was pretty good the food at this resort is the worst ever! I am no foodie nor snob but its really bad. There is an outdoor restaurant near the beach (I believe the name is See and Sea) The food is disgusting, sits out for hours in the hot humidity and tons of flies swarm around and on it, My diet for my 1 week stay consisted of bread and mojitos because nothing was good not even a "generic" pasta with plain red tomato sauce.
Most of the staff (not all) were rude and unfriendly even when given cash tips. If you would ask for something they would give odd looks, and yes you to death and then disappear? The guy stationed at the towel service by the pool had the worst attitude! Sunglasses were stolen (presumably from staff)
Other than a nice beach this place has nothing to offer and I would not recommend it anyone (not even and enemy).

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Bradenton, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

This was our second time at Majestic Elegance and plan to come again next year. We really enjoy the relaxation. Our room was beautiful we had a swim up suite which is what I would recommend. Our room had an outdoor jacuzzi we really enjoy going in. The customer service is fantastic!!!!! Our favorite place which we visited quite often is the pool bar. Ismael, Ceasar, Darvin, Miguel, Yahaira and Eva are the BEST!!! And I cannot forget Omar at the front desk. We cannot wait to see you all next year.

Room Tip: Swim out suite
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Chelmsford, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

The resort was very clean and quiet. We had a pool just in our little area with a swim up bar. The service was excellent and everyone very friendly. There was a jacuzzi tub in our suite with a fully stocked fridge with beer, soda, and water. We had everything we needed or wanted and did not leave the resort. We really enjoyed our stay and would definitely go there again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Rotterdam Junction, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Everything was wonderful- Physical facilities, food, beach, etc. HUGE drawback... Depending on your room, it was very humid! We have been to a ton of places in the Caribbean (including two prior trips to Punta Cana) and NEVER experienced humid/musty conditions in our room. They need to have a dehumidifier system or some other fix for certain floors (1st and 2nd) in most of the buildings. The sheets were damp!!! Unbelievable!!! We traveled with three other couples and each had the same experience. The Management knows about the problem and offers cosmetic fixes. Helpful, but just FIX the problem. Do not get any room below the third floor for, at least a chance to not have this problem.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Bogota, Colombia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Everything was great at this resort. The people, the beach, the pool, the service, the food, and the activities were all great. The staff went above and beyond to insure everything was great. The staff at the Flavors Restaurant (buffet) was great.....Mabel and everyone there knew us by first name and insured we were having a great time.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Been to Majestic Elegance Punta Cana? Share your experiences!