“March 1 - 8, 2013 Great Resort” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Majestic Elegance Punta Cana

You added Majestic Elegance Punta Cana to your Saves list
Majestic Elegance Punta Cana
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Majestic Street | Arena Gorda a Macao, Punta Cana 3005, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #12 of 102 Hotels in Punta Cana
NS
“March 1 - 8, 2013 Great Resort”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

My husband and I returned from a wonderful week (March 1 – 8) at Majestic Elegance Category 1 Bedroom Suite All Inclusive. Although we have been to beautiful Punta Cana several times, this was our first time staying at Majestic Elegance. The resort, highly recommended by friends of ours, exceeded our expectations. When we arrived after a six hour flight delay, we were welcomed by a friendly professional front desk gentleman who informed us that our accommodation was upgraded to a swim up room beside the pool. An attentive guest services lady accompanied us to our room, providing a helpful orientation to the resort’s amenities along our walk. We were again surprised to find a bottle of sparkling wine and fruit plate in our room. Our room was large and nicely prepared for us—everything was clean and worked well. The patio outside our sitting room was lovely, right at poolside and at the quiet end of the pool. It felt like we had our own private swimming pool. Just lovely. Several evenings during our stay we were surprised by the delivery to our room of a complimentary bottle of wine and plated food from sushi to cheese to brownies. Again, a lovely surprise that we were not expecting. The food at the a la carte restaurants was very good and the service at all restaurants and the buffet very attentive and professional. The beach swim area is smaller than some of the other properties, but there are plenty of beach chairs and lots of places with shade--no waking up early to dash to the beach and "reserve" chairs at this resort. Food was better than other Caribbean all inclusive resorts we have stayed at. Would recommend Majestic Elegance, Punta Cana.

Room Tip: We were in 2015 -- closer to the lobby (which is stunning BTW) at a swim up. The grounds have a nic...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,683)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Mooreton, North Dakota, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Went with a party of 16 first part of March. Rooms are great, beach is close and beautiful, pool was large and most fun near the swim up bar. Never problems finding chairs in beach or pool. Never became a member of the club, and we were just as happy not being one ,probably even better. We liked to be where the action is by the swim up bar and pool. The animation team was awesome. We all became close friends with Jackson and will most likely remain so on Facebook. He is extremely talented and a sweetheart. The resort should feel lucky to have him! For rooms just request one facing pool which isn't tough cuz pool is huge. Bring a pillow if can cuz pillows small and flat but beds good. Hot tub in room is a huge plus! No complaints on food. Make sure you clean your possessions out of room. I left my I phone charger and never found it again.

Room Tip: Just request a room poolside. Pool is large so shouldn't be a problem. We enjoyed being up a fl...
Mississauga, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

It was fantastic great room ,very clean we had the junior sweet,hot tub king poster bed,the cleaning ladies were great,food was good,they keep you busy with entertainment,there is always something to do,beautiful resort would go back,staff very helpful,and you never saw any of there staff unhappy,we are the age of 50to60 and found it was good for our ages,we took a day pass to Hard Rock Cafe beautiful hotel but it for more for the early 20s party type hotel went to the beach couldn't find a chair and very noisy,but great looking hotel beautiful rooms,just not for me it's like a mall inside the resort.but for sure give majestic colonial a++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Room Tip: We were back corner so we had a bit of ocean view that was good you are going to here noise no matte...
ottawa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

We had a 2 week stay in early February. Flight with westjet was great and short ride to resort. We were met by Benjamin Martinez our butler, we arrived in the early afternoon so our rooms weren't ready, so Benjamin gave us a tour of the Elegance and Club section. Benjamin was very attentive the 2 weeks we were there, always asking if there was anythin we needed. Most of the people seemed to be in the club section, the perks were free wifi in the 3 club lounges, seperate pool section with bar, seperate beach section with servers at the pool and on the beach. The concerige made reservations for the restaurants which required reservations. And each of the club lounges had lots of computers to use. The food was good in all the restaurants and at the buffet, always lots to choose from. We found all the staff very friendly. The resort was kept very clean and well kept. We had a room in club section across from the main pool bar, and as we went to bed early it was not a good location, since 3 nights there was a wedding reception which kept us up as the music was super loud, next time I would ask for a room on the side by the service road.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Just got back from Punta Cana this morning and have to say it was a vacation I will never forget. My sister got married down there so a bunch of us headed down on March 6th 2013. To start off, I liked the airport as it was really different. It had a very tropical feeling. As soon as we landed the airport already gave the vibe that we were in a tropical place. Leaving the airport to find our bus went smoothly. Once we arrived at Majestic Elegance, we were greeted with smiles and drinks. Checking into our rooms also went smoothly but finding our rooms was a bit difficult as it is a huge resort with so many numbers. Our room was really nice. Very clean. All of us were pleased with our rooms. My sister and her now husband got a lot of extra perks which they loved. The resort it self was beautiful. The pool went all around the resort with a bar in the pool. Dominican hands down has some of the nicest beaches I have seen. Our resort had a magnificent beach with clear blue water. The buffet on the resort was alright. Mostly seafood for dinner. If you love seafood its the buffet for you. I had gotten sick of seafood after the third day though. But the breakfast was delicious with different varieties for your taste buds. The two restaurants I would recommend were the French restaurant and the Japanese restaurant. The French restaurant is the only place on the resort that had lamb as we were all getting a little tired of seafood and chicken (we only tried the seafood and chicken as we are Indian and do not eat beef or pork) we were happy to have lamb. And the lamb was cooked to perfection. My mom feel in love with the creme brulee and even though she is not a dessert person she had three creme brulees. The Japanese was an amazing experience. Even though the sushi was not as good as the sushi here in Canada, the entertainment while having dinner was a unforgettable one. I will not mention what happens as I do not want to ruin any surprises for anyone going to Majestic in the future. My sister got married at Majestic and it was the nicest wedding I had been to. The wedding was held on the beach with hundreds of people to watch and it made us all feel so special. It was her dream wedding. Our photographer Johnathan did an amazing job capturing pictures I've never seen any other photographer do before. The reception dinner was private and also beautiful. From the table setting to the food and cake, everything was perfect. If you are getting married I would recommend the strawberry vanilla cake, best cake I had on my trip. We were even able to do speeches and have them have a first dance without getting interrupted or disturbed. Now the best part of all of our time at Majestic was the staff. We all made so many friends down there and left with contact information as we will be going back just to visit the friends we made. The staff was very friendly and always had a smile on their face no matter what time of day. The servers were really on top of their game, refilling drinks as soon as you were done and clearing plates, fastest I've seen. To my favourite bartenders Mathew and Manuel thanks for making me and the girls all of our "sweet drinks" and for introducing the boys to mama juana (which they all brought bottles back with them.) The funnest and funniest bartenders I have ever met. To the Funjestic Team, thanks for putting on all those shows for us. For having all of us participate and for putting up with us when we were drunk and got the steps wrong. Just want to say a special thanks to "Chocolate." She was my favourite on the resort. I felt like she had been my friend for years. Always happy and hugging all of us making us feel welcomed and so at home. And last but not least to my favourite Dj on the resort Jose, thanks for playing every single song I requested and for making the club fun and alive.

Love Always,

Alysha, my family and friends.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
labrador
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Ladies trip..Jan 29- Feb 6..
I found the service at this resort excellent. Starlin at the front desk was very professional and polite. Our butler Bladimar was awesome, did what he could for us. The bartenders, especially Sonya, who looked after us every night did an awesome job. Waiters, waitresses, maids..no problems at all...a tip really goes a long way..didnt feel like we had too but we always do!
The animation team were so full of energy and included everyone from the youngest to the oldest. They work so hard and always had a smile on their faces.
The rooms were beautiful and clean. We switched to a swim out room on our third day, had to spray room every evening for mosquitos, had a few bites, one of the negatives. One of the reasons I never get a ground floor when travelling to PC, which I do 2-3 times a year.
The pool, like most said in the previous reviews, was missing tiles and dirty at times. I prefer a larger spread out pool, this one seemed too cluttered.
We found the food to be good in all restaurants, the Japanese was the best.
The resort and grounds were beautiful. I prefer a more spread out resort, again just a personal preference.
The Bavaro beach is one of the nicest beaches I have been to, you can walk for miles if you like.
We also enjoyed the disco a few nights while we were there. The animation are there for the first hour and really gets everything going!
Overall, we had more positives then negatives!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

Elegance is a pretty solid hotel and we had a great time. There are some things that could be better, and some things that are great.

ROOM
Rooms are really nice. Nice spa-type shower, nice bed. Not great pillows but completely comfortable.

BEACH
Beach is great. Crystal blue waters, warm, and great beach overall. However, one thing that isn't great is that the swim zone is really, really small. They rope off an area literally about 20 feet out for swimming, whereas other resorts a little further south (I think the Ambar?) had a huge swim zone roughly 200 feet out. Not sure why this is, and it's not a big detractor I should point out. The beach overall is fantastic.

POOLS
We hung out mostly at the Elegance Club pools. They are a little smaller, more private, and they play more relaxed, subtle music than the main pool (that plays mainly oomph oomph music). These pools are great. Excellent bar service here (including one with a swimup bar), and great for just hanging out, either to just read or chitchat with friends. You have to get to the pools relatively early in the day to get chairs and/or a bali bed.

FOOD
This part was pretty dissappointing, despite my already low expectations. The buffets were pretty much cafeteria quality food.

The Seafood restaurant I think had the best buffet for lunch since it's closest to the beach. The lunch buffet there is tolerable but not good by any means. We ate dinner at the seafood restaurant once. Literally 90% of people in the restaurant got lobster (most expensive free thing on the menu concept), and it was delicious. However, the calimari and fries that my wife got were pretty bad.

The steakhouse is hit or miss, and the service was awful there. 8 of us shared one menu. My ribeye was pretty overcooked, but my wife and friends' filets were delicious.

The Japanese restaurant's hibachi dinner is pretty good, and a nice change of pace. You get pretty standard hibachi mixed gril fare. The sushi bar, however, is awful. We actually went there for dinner once just to get sushi (didn't have reservations for hibachi), and we ended up leaving after eating about 3 pieces each. One of my friends actually spit out his salmon after holding it in his mouth for a while, trying to decide what to do. He decided to play it safe.

The French Restaurant is AWESOME. If I could do it over, I'd eat here most dinners. Everything was legitimately delicious, and I would have been happy to spend $80 per person here for the qualify of food that we got (of course it was free). The service here was also unparalleled. We had eight people going water, wine, and a mixed drink all at the same time, and somehow, the servers kept everything completely full. We tipped them $35 actually since it was so good (and we were also pretty lubed up by then). EAT HERE.

DRINKS
Drinks are meh. Usually lower shelf liquors is my biggest beef. Completely drinkable though, and I've had worse at expensive bars.

OVERALL
Had a great time. I'd go back.

Room Tip: I like the Elegance Club room closest to the beach. It's furthest from the main buffet / lobby...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Majestic Elegance Punta Cana? Share your experiences!