“Majestic Elegance Club” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Majestic Elegance Punta Cana

You added Majestic Elegance Punta Cana to your Saves list
Majestic Elegance Punta Cana
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Majestic Street | Arena Gorda a Macao, Punta Cana 3005, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #16 of 99 Hotels in Punta Cana
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Iroquois, Canada
“Majestic Elegance Club”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

We had a 2 week stay in early February. Flight with westjet was great and short ride to resort. We were met by Benjamin Martinez our butler, we arrived in the early afternoon so our rooms weren't ready, so Benjamin gave us a tour of the Elegance and Club section. Benjamin was very attentive the 2 weeks we were there, always asking if there was anythin we needed. Most of the people seemed to be in the club section, the perks were free wifi in the 3 club lounges, seperate pool section with bar, seperate beach section with servers at the pool and on the beach. The concerige made reservations for the restaurants which required reservations. And each of the club lounges had lots of computers to use. The food was good in all the restaurants and at the buffet, always lots to choose from. We found all the staff very friendly. The resort was kept very clean and well kept. We had a room in club section across from the main pool bar, and as we went to bed early it was not a good location, since 3 nights there was a wedding reception which kept us up as the music was super loud, next time I would ask for a room on the side by the service road.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,909)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Just got back from Punta Cana this morning and have to say it was a vacation I will never forget. My sister got married down there so a bunch of us headed down on March 6th 2013. To start off, I liked the airport as it was really different. It had a very tropical feeling. As soon as we landed the airport already gave the vibe that we were in a tropical place. Leaving the airport to find our bus went smoothly. Once we arrived at Majestic Elegance, we were greeted with smiles and drinks. Checking into our rooms also went smoothly but finding our rooms was a bit difficult as it is a huge resort with so many numbers. Our room was really nice. Very clean. All of us were pleased with our rooms. My sister and her now husband got a lot of extra perks which they loved. The resort it self was beautiful. The pool went all around the resort with a bar in the pool. Dominican hands down has some of the nicest beaches I have seen. Our resort had a magnificent beach with clear blue water. The buffet on the resort was alright. Mostly seafood for dinner. If you love seafood its the buffet for you. I had gotten sick of seafood after the third day though. But the breakfast was delicious with different varieties for your taste buds. The two restaurants I would recommend were the French restaurant and the Japanese restaurant. The French restaurant is the only place on the resort that had lamb as we were all getting a little tired of seafood and chicken (we only tried the seafood and chicken as we are Indian and do not eat beef or pork) we were happy to have lamb. And the lamb was cooked to perfection. My mom feel in love with the creme brulee and even though she is not a dessert person she had three creme brulees. The Japanese was an amazing experience. Even though the sushi was not as good as the sushi here in Canada, the entertainment while having dinner was a unforgettable one. I will not mention what happens as I do not want to ruin any surprises for anyone going to Majestic in the future. My sister got married at Majestic and it was the nicest wedding I had been to. The wedding was held on the beach with hundreds of people to watch and it made us all feel so special. It was her dream wedding. Our photographer Johnathan did an amazing job capturing pictures I've never seen any other photographer do before. The reception dinner was private and also beautiful. From the table setting to the food and cake, everything was perfect. If you are getting married I would recommend the strawberry vanilla cake, best cake I had on my trip. We were even able to do speeches and have them have a first dance without getting interrupted or disturbed. Now the best part of all of our time at Majestic was the staff. We all made so many friends down there and left with contact information as we will be going back just to visit the friends we made. The staff was very friendly and always had a smile on their face no matter what time of day. The servers were really on top of their game, refilling drinks as soon as you were done and clearing plates, fastest I've seen. To my favourite bartenders Mathew and Manuel thanks for making me and the girls all of our "sweet drinks" and for introducing the boys to mama juana (which they all brought bottles back with them.) The funnest and funniest bartenders I have ever met. To the Funjestic Team, thanks for putting on all those shows for us. For having all of us participate and for putting up with us when we were drunk and got the steps wrong. Just want to say a special thanks to "Chocolate." She was my favourite on the resort. I felt like she had been my friend for years. Always happy and hugging all of us making us feel welcomed and so at home. And last but not least to my favourite Dj on the resort Jose, thanks for playing every single song I requested and for making the club fun and alive.

Love Always,

Alysha, my family and friends.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
labrador
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Ladies trip..Jan 29- Feb 6..
I found the service at this resort excellent. Starlin at the front desk was very professional and polite. Our butler Bladimar was awesome, did what he could for us. The bartenders, especially Sonya, who looked after us every night did an awesome job. Waiters, waitresses, maids..no problems at all...a tip really goes a long way..didnt feel like we had too but we always do!
The animation team were so full of energy and included everyone from the youngest to the oldest. They work so hard and always had a smile on their faces.
The rooms were beautiful and clean. We switched to a swim out room on our third day, had to spray room every evening for mosquitos, had a few bites, one of the negatives. One of the reasons I never get a ground floor when travelling to PC, which I do 2-3 times a year.
The pool, like most said in the previous reviews, was missing tiles and dirty at times. I prefer a larger spread out pool, this one seemed too cluttered.
We found the food to be good in all restaurants, the Japanese was the best.
The resort and grounds were beautiful. I prefer a more spread out resort, again just a personal preference.
The Bavaro beach is one of the nicest beaches I have been to, you can walk for miles if you like.
We also enjoyed the disco a few nights while we were there. The animation are there for the first hour and really gets everything going!
Overall, we had more positives then negatives!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

Elegance is a pretty solid hotel and we had a great time. There are some things that could be better, and some things that are great.

ROOM
Rooms are really nice. Nice spa-type shower, nice bed. Not great pillows but completely comfortable.

BEACH
Beach is great. Crystal blue waters, warm, and great beach overall. However, one thing that isn't great is that the swim zone is really, really small. They rope off an area literally about 20 feet out for swimming, whereas other resorts a little further south (I think the Ambar?) had a huge swim zone roughly 200 feet out. Not sure why this is, and it's not a big detractor I should point out. The beach overall is fantastic.

POOLS
We hung out mostly at the Elegance Club pools. They are a little smaller, more private, and they play more relaxed, subtle music than the main pool (that plays mainly oomph oomph music). These pools are great. Excellent bar service here (including one with a swimup bar), and great for just hanging out, either to just read or chitchat with friends. You have to get to the pools relatively early in the day to get chairs and/or a bali bed.

FOOD
This part was pretty dissappointing, despite my already low expectations. The buffets were pretty much cafeteria quality food.

The Seafood restaurant I think had the best buffet for lunch since it's closest to the beach. The lunch buffet there is tolerable but not good by any means. We ate dinner at the seafood restaurant once. Literally 90% of people in the restaurant got lobster (most expensive free thing on the menu concept), and it was delicious. However, the calimari and fries that my wife got were pretty bad.

The steakhouse is hit or miss, and the service was awful there. 8 of us shared one menu. My ribeye was pretty overcooked, but my wife and friends' filets were delicious.

The Japanese restaurant's hibachi dinner is pretty good, and a nice change of pace. You get pretty standard hibachi mixed gril fare. The sushi bar, however, is awful. We actually went there for dinner once just to get sushi (didn't have reservations for hibachi), and we ended up leaving after eating about 3 pieces each. One of my friends actually spit out his salmon after holding it in his mouth for a while, trying to decide what to do. He decided to play it safe.

The French Restaurant is AWESOME. If I could do it over, I'd eat here most dinners. Everything was legitimately delicious, and I would have been happy to spend $80 per person here for the qualify of food that we got (of course it was free). The service here was also unparalleled. We had eight people going water, wine, and a mixed drink all at the same time, and somehow, the servers kept everything completely full. We tipped them $35 actually since it was so good (and we were also pretty lubed up by then). EAT HERE.

DRINKS
Drinks are meh. Usually lower shelf liquors is my biggest beef. Completely drinkable though, and I've had worse at expensive bars.

OVERALL
Had a great time. I'd go back.

Room Tip: I like the Elegance Club room closest to the beach. It's furthest from the main buffet / lobby...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Riverhead, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

The swim up rooms were beautiful, but the tiled floors outside of the bathrooms were very slippery. Beware! We chose the swim up rooms but not the Elegance Club which was a bit too quiet for our family of various ages. We could watch the kids swimming while sitting on our private chaise lounges right outside of the room. However, it was difficult climbing out of the pool, so we had to swim to the other side and then walk back to our rooms. But after a day, no one minded. The Funjestic Entertainment folks were absolutely amazing. Mosquito, Chocolate girl and Shorty amazed us with their talents and especially their friendlines. They entertained on the beach (Bikini contests) in the pool (kyak races) and on stage in the theater which promoted wonderful productions nightly. We traveled with family, little kids, young adults and parents and there was entertainement for all throughout the day. We parents however enjoyed the tranquility of the beach with cool breezes and Pina Coladas. Be aware that the property hostls lots of outdoor weddings but the music stops at 11 pm. We didn't mind since we were never in or rooms until after that time, however, the younger children had a little trouble falling asleep. Overall experience was very good, we would definitley return.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Bruce Mines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

My husband and I spent 7 nights at the Majestic Elegance, Elegance Club (Feb 27 - Mar 6, 2013) and it was absolutely fantastic. I can not say enough about the excellence of this resort. I can not understand how some reviews have been negative in any respect.

Our arrival and checkin was perfect and fast. Our butler Bladimiur escorted us to the bar where we had a relaxing drink together and he ordered us drinks to go and off we went. As we headed to our room, he showed us the restaurants, lobby bars, theater and pools. He explained many aspects of the resort and then opened the door to our gorgeous room. My husband was amazed by the beautiful room and the view of the pool area from our room. Our baggage arrived and then off we went to the steakhouse for a late supper. It was 9:00 p.m. and the service and food were absolutely superb. After dinner we joined in on the fun in the lower lobby bar and enjoyed delicious chocolate martinis. Then a stroll through the beautiful grounds led us to the beach and a moonlit walk. Perfect first night at a Perfect Resort.

We enjoyed the buffet and the restaurants. In all our time at the Majestic Elegance we did not have one bad meal and we enjoy food. As far as the drinks go, we had no complaints at all. We tried many new drinks and also our favorites. The bartenders were fun, helpful and always had a big smile. They could not have been more helpful or pleasant.

The staff in this resort was exceptionally warm, helpful and friendly. We did not have any problem communicating in any way. The entertainment team was excellent and worked very hard to be sure we enjoyed our time at the pools, beach and the whole resorts. Our special thanks to Jackson who never failed to give hugs and handshakes whenever he saw us. His warmth and smile made us feel so very much at home and welcome. We also can not say enough about his portayal of Michael Jackson in the Michael Jackson show. He was absolutely wonderful. Congrates Jackson from Mike and Nancy. We participated in the pool games, dance lessons, pool arobics and so much more..Thanks to the Funtastic team for they encouragement and talent. You definitely contributed to our wonderful vacation in a big way. We also enjoyed time and conversation with Mosquito. What a nice man and so very talented.....

As a summary I can say that the Majestic Elegance was beyond perfect in everyway. The room was beautiful and the maid kept it sparkling clean. The food was very good at all the restaurants and the buffet. The beach was gorgeous and cleaned and raked every night. We never had a hard time to find a lounge chair at either the Elegance Club beach or any of the pools. We had no problem exchanging our beach towels for clean dry ones. The staff was excellent and, in the 7 nights that we were there, we encountered nothing other than warmth, smiles and superb service. Lastly, I will say that the Majestic Elegance is well maintained, clean, and totally GORGEOUS....

We loved it so much that we will be going back in 2014 for two weeks. One week was just not enough....Thank you to all the staff for our best vacation ever.....Nancy and Mike

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dighton, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

My friend and I visited this all inclusive resort for a week in March 2013. It was a vacation for the "ladies" only for some much needed R&R. It far surpassed our expectations! We were pampered from the moment we arrived until we left. We visited the spa twice, went on the zip line excursion, ate in every restaurant, indulged in wine, tropical beverages and Champagne. Our butler, Junior, was the best. Can't say enough about him. He was very attentive and a pleasure to talk to. If you are looking to treat yourself, this is the vacation for you. Be sure to upgrade to the Elegance Club. We took JetBlue which was also a pleasant experience. I have traveled extensively and this was a vacation that was flawless! The staff at the resort went above and beyond. We will certainly return to this resort.
Susan and Sonya

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Majestic Elegance Punta Cana? Share your experiences!