“Amazing honeymoon!!! Best vacation of my life!! We hit the jackpot. Already 3 of our family members have honeymooned here- and” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Majestic Elegance Punta Cana

Save Saved
You added Majestic Elegance Punta Cana to your Saves list
Majestic Elegance Punta Cana
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Majestic Street | Arena Gorda a Macao, Punta Cana 3005, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #15 of 100 Hotels in Punta Cana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

I LOVE food, so an all- incluse hotel with 14 restaurants sounded like a dream come true to me!! When we discussed honeymoon location we wanted a place to relax and unwind and feel pampered before getting back into the husle and busle of real life . We feel like we hit the jackpot!!! They gave us a complimentary room upgrade when they found out we were honeymooners!! We got an AMAZING CORNER BEACH FRONT suite, with TWO private jacuzzis and it was also right by the pool. The view was simply stunning. The staff. Was sooo nice to us, each and every one of them were so attentive and caring! I remember most Marisol, she greeted me everyday with flowers for my hair! And jose singing " el cafe" ! To this day we still joke with that at home.

We feel like we made great friends and every single time we get a chance to, we recommend the hotel to everyone! Very very happy and very satisfied customers!

• Stayed October 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,508)
  • Polish first
Philadelphia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

Our experience at the Majestic Elegance was fantastic. I consider myself somewhat picky, and we are middle-class, medium-experienced travelers, treating ourselves to a family vacation for my husband, my 21 and 15 year old daughters and me. The Majestic Elegance met my expectations and then some. The beach is gorgeous and everything we wanted, the facility is well-built, clean and attractive, the rooms are spacious and the staff was helpful and friendly. We were especially impressed with the "animation staff", aka the "Funjestic team". Mosquito, Jackson, Shorty and the others worked so hard to make all the guests' vacations fun. Also, the yoga instructor, Elsa, was great.

Room Tip: Unless you're paying extra for a different deal, ask for a room that overlooks the pool, not one...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
ELGUTIMAJ, General Manager at Majestic Elegance Punta Cana, responded to this review, January 1, 2013
Dear Marylouise F,

Thank you very much for take your time and post your recent experience with this positive feedback regarding our property.
Is our pleasure to meet your expectations as you mentioned with our service and facilities, especially with the Funjestic team giving lots of fun to your vacation.
Please note we will extend your comments to our staff who made this trip unforgettable for you, hoping you can give us the opportunity to host you one more time, making Majestic Elegance your favorite place in Dominican Republic.
We wish you the biggest slice of happiness and good luck this New Year!

Argenis Guzman Castillo
Majestic Elegance│ Guest Service Manager
montréal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

It was our second trip at the Majestic Elegance and we were very happy to have come back. the hotel is great, the food is very good, the steak house and the Italian food are just wonderful, I had a seafood plate at the Italian restaurant and it was just perfect in every way. The staff makes it so easy to just relax and enjoy, Clara ant Antonio ant the Private Pool Bar were just the sweetest and so happy all the time. You have got to stop at the Plaza Bar to meat with Pedro and Carolina, they are just amazing. A very special thank you to Maxima from the Colonial Private Pool Bar, she was there 2 years ago and when she saw us, it was like it was yesterday, she is an great lady that I'm happy to call my friend Te echaré de menos mi dulce Maxima, muchas gracias mi Amiga.

Room Tip: The Elegance private section for adult only was both time well worth our money which was not that mu...
new work
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

Our trip was set up by MARLENE Wells, Apple vacations, our travel agent. Who could ask for more. We were introduced to our personal butler, Rafael. When we open the door to our suite, my jaw dropped. It was more than we expected. The king size bed, the closet space, the balcony, the lighting, the view, all breath taking. Jessica, consiger, over and beyond when I requested that my jacuzzi bath be drawn. Well to my surprise, each night I received my jacuzzi filled with floating rose petals, candles and champagne on ice. Yes, each night i said, wow!

I must say our 7 days were filled with dancing and entertainment with mozart Jackson, chocolate, La shorty, mosquito.... the Funjestic entertainment team, I still continue to bragg about you. What excitement, energy, friendliness .. made us feel like family.

The resort offered so much.. food... yes indeed, you will not be disappointed. Sandra suero, what a great hostess you are. Everything was truly enjoyed, which made us commit to the gym every morning. People, go check our the most awesome trainer to be met. Tiny woman, Elsie, is strong. Thanks for the personal training. Much love for you and admiration.

To each bar server, we salute each of you. English was no problem. However, everyone seem to enjoy the "mamawannas".

There was nothing to be disappointed during this trip. Thanks Majestic Elegance. We will be back.

Room Tip: If couples, definitely go for the majestic club, every room would be a great one. We were on the top...
Dear vnlaws,

First of all please receive from us our best regards considering you had an amazing stay recently with us, being 7 days that you will not forget.

According to your feedback, the description you made from our rooms, the kindness of our staff, giving you surprises every night, and also the food, and entertainment, made the unforgettable memories on you about our place, being the reason to plan a second stay soon at Majestic Elegance.

Please note we are at your disposal in order to host you, making your vacations memorable in the sunny Punta Cana.

Wish that the joyful spirit of the New Year keeps glowing forever!

Argenis Guzman Castillo
Majestic Elegance│ Guest Service Manager
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

This review is a little overdue. My husband and I stayed at the ME from 10/29-11/8 for our 10 day honeymoon. Before booking our honeymoon and we were debating about where to go I reviewed TripAdvisor and used this site to help us in making our final decision (when I booked this trip this resort was rated #2 or #3.) People that criticize this resort need to take in to account the price paid for the trip. We saved THOUSANDS by chosing this resort over a Sandals.
We were one of the only flights to depart Boston the morning Sandy hit so when we arrived in Punta Cana we were just extremely happy and relieved to be there. Check in went smoothly, and we were escorted to our room by our 'Butler.' The whole 'butler' thing is completely hit or miss, we realized. We never saw our butler but we also never needed him. That being said, we saw numerous, hard working butlers checking in with their guests several times per day. Do not book the elegance club and have expections to be waited on hand and foot. Book the elegance club for 2 reasons. 1.) NO KIDS and 2.) the Elegance Club cafes are a huge bonus. They have wi-fi and and an endless supply of bottled water without having to ask a server or bartender for some. These two things seem like trivial factors but when you are on your honeymoon, it is such a treasure not having any little kids boppin' around and the bottled water situation will speak for itself when your are soaking in the rays. Elegance Club was completely worth it to us.
The food was great. This was my third time in Punta Cana and my husbands second and we both thought that this resort had really good food (the best out of any resort.) People need to remember that your are not in the US, so things will be slightly different than what you are accustomed to. We always had breakfast at the Sea and See. The view-omg. So amazing. Take me back...The omelette man was always extremely patient and would whip up whatever we were in the mood for. I always asked for my cheese melted in the omelete because if not, he will mix it in the egg mixture. If something is not to your liking just politely ask them and they will do it however you like! We also had lunch at the Sea and See. The pizza and roasted chicken were both really, really, really good. If any one gets grossed out by the food being out for the entire service, just go when lunch starts and everything is nice and fresh. All of the dinner places were great. My husbands favorites were the buffet and the Japanese and I preferred the French restaurant and the steak house. The filet at the French restaurant was amazing, and the skirt steak at the steakhouse was sooo good. The steak restaurant also has fried chicken at the bar to snack on. Yum! The beaches at this resort are amazing. They were a teeny bit crowded, which I did not really understand because the the Majestic Colonial next door (a cheaper resort) has plenty of beach space. I feel like they could expand it out to give the Elegance Club area of ME more room. Although the beach area was more crowded than I had anticipated it was still heavenly and we never a hard time finding a spot right on the water. The pool area was also beautiful. The palapas around the pool were a nice change and the floats in the pool are fair game for anyone to grab. Bring a sheet from home for the palapas and thermos' to keep your drinks cold..Ok now on to what, or should I say WHO made our trip. The employees at this resort are absolute gems. I honestly think that any one on this site that insults the workers at this resort are probably nasty and rude to the employees. I witnessed some people treating the employees with such disrespect. During our 10 day trip we grew a little (okay a lot) attached to some of the workers at this resort. Our favorite, our ray of sunshine, was Victor in the hotel lobby bar. He made the best 'dirty-dirty' martini's and Dominican Loves. We genuinely looked forward to seeing him each night. If you are on the hunt for a good drink while at this resort, visit Victor. Also, Melissa who worked as a hostess in the buffet, Sea and See and steakhouse was awesome! She greeted us with a smile, no matter if it was 7am or 10pm and who knows how many days it had been since a day off. Another worth mentioning was Johnson (I might be wrong with the name) but he was a server or maybe a head server in the Italian restaurant and steakhouse. He busted his butt to make sure everything was running smoothly. We also really loved the towel guy at the pool area near the elegance club beach. He was awesome and I am sorry I do not remember his name. ME-all of these employees are assets to your company and I can not wait to see everyone again soon : )
So why not 5 stars? The 'butler' thing is annoying, do not promise something without delivering. We had to request our honeymoon banner atleast 5 times before it finally arrived. Two silly things that made this trip, not perfect-but almost. We will be back very soon. Can't wait!
Side notes-the zip lining with Canopy Tours was a great excursion. Room service was great. Chicken quesadillas were the perfect, post-each, pre-dinner snack. Someone will knock on your door around 5 or 6pm to make sure your fridge is stocked. Heaven. The towel 'issue' is a non-issue as long as you are there before 2pm ish. Thank you ME for a wonderful honeymoon.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

We have been to six different resorts around the Caribbean and South America. This was the first one we have returned to the next year.

Our second trip to the Majestic Elegance was as memorable as the first. We were there for ten days Christmas 2011 and again the same days in 2012. When we were choosing where to go this year, the one thing that made our decision for us was the wonderful "Funjestic Team" - the entertainment staff at Majestic Elegance. Last year, we were delighted by "Skinny Minni" "Chocolate" "Coffee Girl" "Michael Jackson" "Son Son" and many others. The bar tenders at this resort are also amazing, especially Cezar, Pedro, Claudio and many others.

You have got to check this place out, of course the beach is perfect, the food is great, the rooms are more than perfect, the shows are perfect, but you can find those things at many resorts. The thing that sets this one apart is the entertainment staff - you will have a very memorable experience.

Room Tip: There is one room in the elegance club which has a double balcony without a devider, and a large hot...
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

I'm sure you'll read other reviews that talk more about the beautiful surroundings and beach - that was all true for us too (though you should know that the beachfront and sand at Majestic Colonial was MUCH nicer than the Elegance section. If you stay at Majestic Elegance it's worth heading 100 feet North to the Colonial).

The thing that really made our vacation was the staff. Friendly, helpful, efficient, and just lovely. Our toddler would to love going to meals in the buffet restaurant because of all the attention she got. Usually she hates mealtime, but thanks to the staff it was easy the whole time we were there.

Also, if you're into spa treatments, the spa here is extraordinarily beautiful, and again, staffed by wonderful, friendly, skilled people.

A great place to stay.

Room Tip: Don't stay on the ground floor if you can help it. At certain times of day and night the foot tr...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to Majestic Elegance Punta Cana? Share your experiences!