“Best. Vacation. Ever.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Majestic Elegance Punta Cana

Save Saved
You added Majestic Elegance Punta Cana to your Saves list
Majestic Elegance Punta Cana
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Majestic Street | Arena Gorda a Macao, Punta Cana 3005, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #14 of 101 hotels in Punta Cana
Houston
“Best. Vacation. Ever.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

Let me start by saying that I, like many here, had some minor apprehensions about coming because of the few bad reviews the Majestic received, however, some people just can't be pleased. That being said, I am so very glad my better half and I decided to stay here!!! We couldn't have been happier with everything! He has travelled quite a bit and this was my first time out of the country (we're from Texas), so we got to "see" things from different perspectives. I didn't know what to expect being a newbie at all of this, and he had been to several all inclusives before. We both agree that this was the most beautiful resort we had ever seen. Everything is open-air, so you have that constant breeze going through, and the massive arch-ways in the main lobby where a lot of people tend to congregate are simply gorgeous.

The staff was ALL fantastic! When we first arrived, we were under the assumption that we had the Elegance Club package, but were told otherwise when we checked in Friday evening. At first I was thinking this was a bad start, but by the next day, we realized it wasn't really any big deal at all. We got a swim-up room across from the wet-bar in the pool. Definitely worth the upgrade! We could go for a quick dip in the pool, swim over to the bar, and even watch the mini-games at the pool from our back patio if we wanted. Our Bellboy, Elvis, was a delight. He gave us a tour of the place when we checked in and explained how everything worked and was overall very helpful. He even saw us in the lobby 5 days later when we were checking out, recognized us and went out of his way to make sure we got a cab in time to catch our flight. Then there was the "funjestic" team... just wow! They were an absolute delight! I don't think we would have enjoyed our trip nearly as much had they not been there. I tend to shy away from attention and by default don't participate in a lot of activities that would put you on display, but they made it all so much fun I couldn't resist! We also couldn't help but notice their work-ethic. Wow. I'll never complain about my "tough" day at work ever again! These guys work their tails off, but they always have a smile on their face and seem truly genuine about it. They completely blew us away. Never a dull moment with them around!

As far as the cleanliness of the resort goes... I don't know what some expect or what their experience was (to those that complained about their rooms not being clean), but our room was cleaned every day, floors mopped, towels changed, linens changed, everything picked up, etc... Granted, we did see a few little ants, and when I say a few, I mean like maybe 5 or 6 the entire time we were there. Big deal. It's the Carribean, you're going to have some bugs. It's not like there was an infestation by any means. I guess someone could go through and nit pick every detail to death, but I don't go on vacation to find every little thing and complain about it. I guess if I REALLY tried at the Majestic I could have found a few things, but you could do that anywhere. They literally have a small army of staff that can be seen cleaning all day every day, from the rooms, to the hallways, to the beaches, to the court yards.

The food was very good as well. There were many options to choose from and you simply aren't looking hard enough if you can't find something you like there. Have I had better food? Of course. Would I have given almost anything for some biscuits and gravy by the end of my trip. You betcha. BUT! This resort has to cater to all walks of life, to all different tastes and styles. Being from Texas, biscuits and gravy are second nature, but it would be unreasonable and terribly arrogant to scold the resort for not having one little thing I may have wanted just because it suited my tastes. They do the best they can to accommodate so many, and I truly think they do a fine job of it!

In closing, we stayed 4 nights and 5 days and we were already planning our trip back on our last day and want to bring family/friends with us next time as well. Not to say we didn't meet some fantastic other guests there as well. We met some really great people there that were there for the same reasons as us. To relax and have a good time! And boy, did we! I never write reviews of places but this one definitely deserves a rave one! We absolutely cannot wait to go back! There were so many good things to say, I can't get them all in one review but suffice it to say we couldn't have been happier with everything there.

P.S. For a helpful note... hang as many clothes as you can. The air is so moist that most of our clothes we kept in drawers felt a bit damp, but the ones hanging seemed to be fine. Again, it's the Carribean, can't expect the resort to climate control the atmosphere.

Room Tip: We stayed on the Majestic Elegance side (no kiddos with us) and felt like it was very fitting. Saw...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

8,849 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,125)
  • Polish first
Duluth, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

Majestic Elegance Punta Cana is an amazing place with wonderful people! The entertainment was fantastic, the food was different but still good. The rooms were beautiful (or view wasn't the best though). The drinks are so tasty and the Japanese food was delicious! The best part of our stay would have to be the employees of the resort. Junior, Dario, Eva and Emmanuel were so wonderful to us and did everything they could to make our trip spectacular. The bartenders are very friendly and also entertaining. The animation team was great and made sure that everyone was having a great time. We will be back for sure as soon as we can. Thanks to everyone at Majestic Elegance for the best vacation we have ever had, see you all again soon!

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

We are staying now in a beautiful Majestic Elegance Club! This place is a PARADISE!
Beautiful rooms. The food is Delicious. Excellent service. Beach, pools, and bars every thing is fantastic!
Very friendly staff, but Best of them all Keyla Reynoso Front Desk Manager and Dionisio Front Desk Supervisor. We would like to say our special Thank you to This people. From the first minute we meet them they are makes you feel very welcome. They are always ready to help you. They service and friendly manner is exceptional . This people is an asset for the resort. Thanks a lot to make our stay is unforgettable. We will come back. Next Year!
We will recommend this Resort for all our friends!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Maricopa, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

My boyfriend and I went for a week, just for a relaxing trip. Which it was.The hotel, the rooms are just as spacious and gorgeous! The beach is right on the property, and it was just all around a great experience. The staff is awesome!!! The POOLBAR is the best!!! Ishmael and Cesar were the greatest, they attend to your needs and remember you and your drink orders! They really treat you like family. The beach restaurant was our favorite and the hibatchi grill was really really good as well! I would recommend Majestic to anyone, we are looking forward to going back! The pools go around the hotel like a lazy river, you can practically jump in anywhere.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Lansing, Michigan, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

After a friend went to this resort it sounded great to me. Her father travels the world and had set up the trip so I trusted his judgment. I also read several reviews of the place and I thought it would be the best resort in Dominican. After being there I can say I was not disappointed. I also read a review on this site from Brugal, then I messaged him and he was very helpful. His reviews have much more detail than mine will.

So, we flew American Airlines with only carry-on baggage. We flew from Detroit, MI to Miami and spent the night in Miami (doing so saved us several hundred dollars). Free shuttle transport to the hotel, checked in, called a cab and went to a sports bar called Tom's NFL, just a $8 cab from the hotel. Sports bar was great, it had a very good selection of beers and liquor. 2 for 1 shots after 10pm, plus trivia. This was the night before Thanksgiving, I don't know what their usual deals are. Anyway, next morning took the shuttle to Miami airport, flew to Punta Cana (under 3 hours from Miami), paid our $10 to get in, they quickly stamped our passports, then went to the exterior of the airport where cabs were waiting. I had arranged a transfer through IBK (cost was $80 round trip), however I found out that you can also set it up through viator.com and the price is cheaper. Either way seems to be reliable. There was a guy with my name on a card outside the airport, 30 minute ride to Majestic Elegance.

Upon arrival there was a mis-communication with our reservation but the manager, Calderon, took care of it (keep reading for more info. on that). There are 2 resorts, Majestic Elegance and Majestic Colonial. They are very much alike but Majestic Elegance is the newer of the 2 by far. There is also a "club" within both resorts and with the extra "club" price (which I calculated to be about $20/day) you get a free computer area to use their internet, your choice of liquor stocked daily, a private "club" pool, a private buffet area, 24 hour room service and a private butler. If I go again I will likely pay extra for the "club". For more information, please read Brugal's review, it is more in-depth than mine. So, because of the room mis-communication we spend out first night in the Majestic Colonial Club even though our reservation was for Majestic Elegance (non-club). The rest of the nights we spent in an awesome room (see the picture, that is the view from the room) in Majestic Elegance.

Because it was our honeymoon they also arranged for a dinner on the beach and also a breakfast in bed. The first night we spent at the Majestic Colonial hotel bar (the downstairs one) and met Tony, who was a great bartender. The rest of the days we spent at the swim-up bar on the Majestic Elegance side. Cesar is the bartender to meet over there, he was absolutely great. Friendly, timely and knowledgeable (this coming from me, a veteran bartender), he was always happy to see us. I tipped essentially a dollar on every other drink and everyone seemed happy with that. I brought $100 in ones with us for 6 nights and that was pretty much just the right amount. We like to drink though.

There is a casino which I spent a small amount of time in (and made no money, I've heard it's rigged, no surprise there though) has a "sports bar" next to it. The sports bar is disappointing, not really much "sporty" about it and it's only open 7-11pm. I watched most sports at the bar which backs up to the swim-up bar. It's open air and seems to be a meeting place for North Americans and the TV was almost always on American sports.

As far as food goes, we both liked the Steakhouse the best, although the lunch buffets on both resorts were great. The Italian restaurant was a bit disappointing and we did not try the Japanese or French, although I did have the chocolate mousse from the French and it was great. Again, see Brugal's review for details on food.

There were street vendors selling stuff there one night. They were very aggressive about getting us to look at their stuff. We bought a couple of things and talked them down to less than half of what they were asking. I thought they would be there every night but they were only there 1 night, which was Thanksgiving day, a Thursday. We were a little baffled as to why they would be there on Thursday and not on the weekend. So, if you see the vendors and you want something, buy while you can. There are shops right on the resort but the street vendors had a better selection.

Overall, between the daily activities, all-inclusive drinks and food, great pool, being oceanside, very nice rooms, friendly staff (who mostly spoke at least some English, though I learned enough Spanish to communicate at a low level even with those who spoke no English), beautiful resort scenery and the amount of money it costs, I can positively say that this was my best vacation ever and I would like to go back. I am a fairly well-traveled person, having been to almost all of the US states, most Canadian provinces, Mexico, Ireland, Scotland, Costa Rica and now Dominican Republic. No regrets about going here, the only reason it did not get 5 stars is because of the room mis-communication (though they definitely did not disappoint in the way they took care of it) and an occasional language barrier. Other than that, it was amazing.

Calgary, Alberta, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Had a fantastic week at Majestic Elegance. Resort was beautiful with nicely manicured court yards. The staff was super friendly and spoke English much better than the last resort we went to which we really appreciated. Enjoyed Caesar, the bartender at the swim up, who would start pouring your favourite drink when he spotted you coming and Carlos at the lobby bar who was super friendly. All the restaurant staff were excellent giving fast service and were always friendly. Make sure you bring some smaller bills to tip the staff, they rely on tips to make a living. There was lots of activity at the resort which made it extra fun. We enjoyed the funjestic team who were always getting games going or starting a party. Also, enjoyed some of the night time entertainment, we went to the circus and Michael Jackson, as well as a white night beach party and a 70-80's night. All were good fun. There was also live saxophone music which would penetrate the entire courtyard often in the evenings. Food was good, much better than the other resort we have been to. We enjoyed our room but prefer having an outdoor jacuzzi. The beach is beautiful with soft white sand and rich blue water. Everything worked to create the atmosphere to have a great vacation and meet some super friends along the way.

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

Oh man! Where to start? Let me start by telling you I was very worried because of some bad reviews about this resort! BUT, our stay ended up being excellent!!

We stayed in the elegance club area with swim up pool. We were given a room located in between everything (in between hotel lobby & the beach area). No complaints, it's a big resort and you cannot always have everything you want!!

Room:

Some reviews mentioned small pillows... Unless you have really big head I don't think it should be a problem! We had three on bed + two decorative pillows and 2 extra pillows inside closet.

Safe in the room worked fine for us.

You can see some flaws, a few spots of rusts and dirt here and there but It did not bother me nor my husband.

Towels are always replaced by housekeeping personnel. Put your used towels on the floor. And leave some tip on the pillow.

There are plenty of drinks in the fridge and the elegance club lounge :) also, elegance club members have premium(?) drinks on top of the fridge, but they do not replace them. FYI, me and my husband did not open any alcohol that was in the room.

And we had jacuzzi tub in our room. and it was nice!

Butler service:

Ok people... They say you get personal butler service for elegance members but we really did not need our butler (Henry). He was welcoming and called us here and there to ask if we needed anything but... We really didn't. Some people complained that their hot tub was not filled even though they filled out a form for these types of requests. Big deal! Then you and your partner can fill it up yourself.

Elegance club:

It was nice cause there are two lounges you can hang out. There's computers available with free wifi. There's water and soft drinks available for you to take to your room. Some finger foods available which you can take it to your room. You can make your restaurant reservation and also book your other services (spa).

Towel service:

It was easy and breezy. They are available on multiple location (elegance members towels are much bigger). We did not have any problem withTowel cards. People complaining have no patience. They are always not there but please... They could be taking a short break or maybe ran to the bathroom. After using the towel if we didn't see the towel personnel then we kept the towel and replaced with new ones the next day.

Restaurant, drinks:

The food choices were not bad. What do you expect? Some people come with too high expectations. I found the Flavors restaurant buffet was the best since you have many options. And people are right. You will never go hungry. I remember reading one of the reviews complaining about French Restaurant's spring roll appetizer, that it was soggy and wet so they had left the restaurant. I ordered the same thing and I burst into laughter because it was "rice wrap spring roll" which is not supposed to be deep fried and crispy! And it was pretty damn good. Services were excellent everywhere we went. People were saying there's no drink menu: I saw on the pool the waterproof menus floating around... :) not sure if its only available for elegance club pools but there were menus. If you have a sweet tooth try: dirty monkey, coco loco (my fav), tucan! Mamajuana is good too ;)

Tips:

I know it's all inclusive but me and my husband, we were generous enough I think. For example, for butler we gave 200peso in the beginning. 100 pesos for everyday on the pillow. 100-150peso at the bar. 100-150 for breakfast/lunch. 200-250peso for dinner... Etc :)

Overall:

We enjoyed it very much. People cannot always attend all your needs every second if the day. There are thousands of people staying at the same resort but they try their best. If you come to all inclusive with very high exceeding expectation then it's better off you stay back and pay for a personal butler at home. People who work there are not your personal butlers. I saw someone asking bartender to dance behind the counter in pool bar. The bartender refused but they persisted. I thought it was embarrassing. If you want them to smile and say hello then you say hola and smile at them first. Also, their entertainment team are great! Anyhow, I wanted to say thank you to majestic team for a great time!

P.s. we were going to do an excursion and booked it but it got cancelled. They wanted to rebook it for us but we were leaving the next day. I'm leaving this message to inform people that things can happen. Don't let everything get to you. Your there to have a good/relaxing time. Excursion? We will try it next time :)

P.p.s. my husband says that I'm a princess (I don't know what he is talking about), so for me to give such a glowing review should also speak volumes!

Room Tip: Stay with elegance club :D
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Majestic Elegance Punta Cana? Share your experiences!