“honeymoon/Vacation” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Majestic Elegance Punta Cana

You added Majestic Elegance Punta Cana to your Saves list
Majestic Elegance Punta Cana
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Majestic Street | Arena Gorda a Macao, Punta Cana 3005, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #13 of 101 Hotels in Punta Cana
Surrey, Canada
“honeymoon/Vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

we went october 29-november -10 we did our honeymoon for the first 4days then had some friends join us. The weather was Amazing hot/sunny everyday. we got the elegance club it was totally worth it especially for a honeymoon or romantic getaway, it just makes you feel that much more special. Food: the restaurants were amazing the food was so good, my top favourites would be the steakhouse and the Japanese and french. for the last two you have to make reservation for, which is super easy. the buffet food was just that buffet not bad not amazing. The resort was beautiful and the beach looked straight out of a magazine absolutely beautiful. Staff: the staff was amazing always fun and energetic, we meet two amazing people while down there Mozart '"jackson" he was so great and fun and always made you feel welcome. He was always smiling and happy to be there. He was at the swim up bar playing games and teaching water aerobics in the morning, then entertaining at night by singing or walking around in a superman costume, he was constantly doing something, non stop to make sure everyone has a good time and also keeping people entertained. he made our trip for sure. The other person i would like to talk about is Diana from the main lobby bar, which we spend a lot of time each night at. She was fabulous so kind funny and friendly. she was so fun to be around and made each night there so amazing. when you go to the lobby bar seek her out and sit in her section.
i would go back to this resort for sure it was amazing.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,631)
  • Polish first
Hartford, Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Went here for 5 days for my daughter's wedding. This place is narrow and long....very long! The walk from our room to the front of the resort where the restaurants are located was at least a thousand feet. This may seem insignificant unless you have a hard time walking like my wife does. Tried to get a wheelcahir and they had only a few and those were all rented out. That's right...rented! They actually charge you $20.00 a day for a wheel chair! For what is supposed to be an all-inclusive resort I think that's petty.

Almost everyone in our party of 23 thought the food was just not good at all. One example...I had what was supposed to be a filet mignon in the Steak House. It turned out to be about 1/2" thick and around 6" in diameter of the toughest piece of meat I think I've ever had. I literally had to saw my way through it with a knife. But on the flip side, my wife had a Ribeye and although a little on the thin side, was fairly good. The Hibachi Japanese restaurant was pretty good too. The Italian Restaurant wasn't too bad but I equated the food there to be about as good as your local Olive Garden....nothing special.

Unlike a Sandal's resort, not everything is include in this supposed all-inclusive resort. Snorkeling on the beach is free but if you want to take a boat ride and snorkel out a ways on this supposed "reef", they charge you $39.00 per person. At a Sandal's Resort, it's all included. We went on this snorkeling "excursion" and were very disappointed. You take a 25 minute ride in an open boat stuffing 12 people on it. Then you stop over this "reef" about 500 yards from shore and you go snorkeling in about 7 to 10 feet of water. The reef was nothing more than some rocks on the bottom with very little coral and virtually no color to speak of. They bring along a water bottle with some bread in it which you use to feed the fish. There were about three varieties of fish and it was pretty cool to have them swarm about you to feed. They would even nibble the bread out of your hand. But overall I rate the snorkeling "excursion" as somewhat of a ripoff. For free maybe ok. But not for 40 bucks!

They had games going on every day in various locations around the resort and the were fun to watch. Maybe even more fun if you chose to participate. The night life was pretty good. My son spent a lot of time at the late night club. And the shows they put on were fairly good too.

They have a spa on the gounds but of course nothing there is included in your "All-inclusive" package.

My daughter's wedding ceremony on the beach was well done by their coordinator. It was obvious she had done this many many times in the past as everything was done in clockwork fashion. After dinner which consisted of Surf and Turf, which was very good, we had a 2 hour reception right on the beach. Since I am a deejay, I played the music for my daughter's reception. It worked like this...for her wedding package she received a deejay "system" hooked up and ready to use. This was icluded in her wedding package. But no deejay was included. For that she would have had to pay $500.00. But you could hook into the system if you wanted so I brought my laptop and hooked into it and played her reception. But I was amused at this "Deejay system." Amateurish at best. A couple of JBL Eon speakers, a wireless mic and a cheap mixer board that was rusty and corroded from the salt air! And it had some kind of a short in it because every time I made the mistake of touching a metal spot on it I got a shock! Please excuse my amusement at this system but I'm used to very professional equipment!

And now...the air conditioning....or should I say the lack of air conditioning. It was extremely poor and wasn't even working most of the time. The service department kept saying they were working on it and that we should feel it very soon. Never did. The rooms were not cool at all. And there was a musty smell to them. And our room was not the only one like that. Everyone in our party said the same thing.

This review may sound all doom and gloom but to be fair, we really had a great time. We chose to overlook these shortcomings and just concentrate on having a good time. And we were able to do this by virtue of being with family and good friends for the stay.

I do have to say that the service by the day to day employees, like the wait staff, entertainers, bartenders, etc, was exemplary. Those folks knew their jobs and did them well and they always appeared very happy. Their clothing was always neat, clean and pressed. Most had at least a basic knowledge of English and communication was not to to hard.

On the way back to the airport we sat with 5 women who had stayed atthe Majestic's sister resort right next door, the Majestic Colonial. Uncannily, their experience mirrored ours.

We had a good time but it's not a place I would return to.

Room Tip: If you cannot walk very well, get a room close to the front of the resort. If you prefer the beach...
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

We just returned from our 5th stay at the Majestic Elegance Club in Punta Cana and had a fantastic time. Everything was definitely 5 star! The food was great - my mother practically licked the plate of the lamb she ordered in the Gourmet Restaurant. Our thanks to Head Chef Virginia for the 'out of this world' romantic dinner for two that she provided to us (see attached pictures). The food was wonderful, the venue (the wedding gazebo) beautiful and the service of Nelson Mandela was perfect (his decorations and service were impecable!)
The service throughout the Majestic Elegance was wonderful - we send our special thanks to Maxima at the Elegance Club Pool Bar who always has a smile and a cold drink for us. We would also like to mention the great service from Francis at the Lobby Bar, Randy in the Gourmet Restaurant and the new young man cooking the eggs in the Sea and Sea in the morning - always a smile and a perfect omlet. We also send out thanks to Thomas at the Casino bar for his fabulous service.
The Elegance Club cocktail parties were wonderful - lots of fun and great food. We also love the grapes in white chocolate delivered to our room. Choosing the Elegance Club is well worth the upgrade!

We can't wait for our next visit to this "Excellenté" resort!!!

Room Tip: Any pool-view room is wonderful.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Magestic Elegance would be more aptly name - Brokedown Palace. From the outside, the place does look Majestic, but a closer look reveals some significant issues. The rooms smell, and the tubs, and fixtures are dirty and rusting. Air conditioning is spoardic and can lead to very hot rooms. The pillows in the room are the tiniest I've ever seen and are meant for dolls or hobbits, but certainly not adults.
The staff is average, but not overly concerned about making your stay comfortable. Rooms were not ready for a 2 pm check in. The mini bar was only periodically stocked, which is troublesome when it's your only source of drinkable water.
The food is average, with many of the al a carte restaurants featuring the same fare as the buffet - boring.
Travelled with small children and the play place look old and delapidated. Would not recommend. The evening shows were entertaining and well thought out.
The pool area is very nice and does provide for some relaxation - but that's about it.
All in all, if you are looking for luxury, or even a mid-level all inclusive look elsewhere.

Room Tip: Pool side rooms are very nice, with easy access to the pool.
Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

I went to the Majestic Elegance with a large wedding party from Nov 17th 2012 until the 24th.
I am not one to write reviews on hotels, but felt compelled to after my stay at the Majestic Elegance.
After our initial greeting, we were handed a folder/passport with our Room and Towel cards, and sent on our way without any instruction on where our room was or how to find it. The service at the Bars/Restaurants was great, but the front desk/phone service was terrible.
We stayed in a swim-up suite with our 2 children, and the room was a disappointment from the start. Our room had a very distinct musty and damp smell to it. The shower head was falling apart, the shower attachments didn't work, and there was a dirty film over the bath fixtures. The finishing touches with paint and plaster was a mess, and it definitely wasn’t elegant. I would suggest bringing pillows, as the ones the hotel provides are tiny. The Maid service was good, and they cleaned consistently every day.
After discussing with other people in our group, most people complained about the smell in the rooms, and many had multiple issues with the air conditioning.
I visited approximately 8 different rooms (Including the Elegance club), and found the state of the rooms to be fairly consistent.
The food was average to poor, but I did enjoy the Japanese and steak restaurant. The buffet food was usually stale and was average tasting at best. They had Pizza and burgers for kids at the buffets, but the burgers were terrible.
The pool was clean, but the tiles are falling off all over. There was very little for kids entertainment, and the kids club at the colonial is a filthy mess, and I would never leave my kids there.
The alcohol is cheap and they can’t make consistent drinks from one bar to the next.
The beach out front was really nice and we never struggled to find free chairs/umbrellas. The kids had a great time in the Ocean.
I realize the humidity levels in the Dominican are high which causes issues with the building/rooms, but I found the pictures and descriptions of this resort misleading.
If you are expecting 5 star (4.5) quality and service you will be disappointed, in my opinion this is a 3.5 Star resort that needs a lot of work.

BC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Best vacation ever! I wish I didn't have to leave! The resort was nice but nothing over the top. Food was good, beach was really nice. What made this resort exceptional was the staff, they really go out of their way to make sure you have a good time. The 'Funjestic' team was great, they forced you to have fun, I loved that. Can't say enough about the whole team!! Coffee Girl and Crazy Jackson were my favorites, but again, the whole team made the trip for me!!
The food was good at some resaurants and awesome at others. My personal fave was the japanese hibatchi grill, loved it there, Virgilio and Julio were the best there! Virgilio was full of character and Julio had some skills!
All of the bars were good but I found we spent most of our time at the lobby bar because of Diana Martinez. She was a sweet heart, and remembered our names and favorite drinks and was just an overall pleasure to be around.
To future travellers I would recommend brushing up on a little spanish, the more you have, the easier communication will be. I also recommend tipping, a little bit goes a long way, it will put a smile on the servers face for sure. Also be friendly, the staff will reciprocate the attitude. Like anywhere if you are snotty and errogant towards them, you are not going to have the same experience. We sat with a pair of ladies from toronto at our japanese dinner that were just snotty and rude, and they hated their experience but I don't think a winning lottery ticket could have made those two smile.
The Dominican was beautiful overall and will go back to this resort purely because of the staff! Friendly people, even off the resort people were friendly!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Victorville, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

Our stay was wonderful. We have stood at other all inclusive resorts so kinda know what to expect. We truly enjoyed this resort. My husband and I always read the reviews but go with an open mind to decide for ourselves. The room was beautiful. The food was good definitely better than other resorts we've been to. It's quite easy to get reservations for the restaurants. The rib eye steak at the steakhouse restaurant is excellent. No need for a reservation. Ask to be seated in the area Richard is working you will be well taken care of. The Presidente beer does take some getting used to but we added some lime and it was all good. Also, Jasmine (Coffee Girl) from the Funjestic Team, made our trip more fun. She took the time to talk to us and being it was just my husband and I, she would come up to us and take pictures of us with our own camera which was greatly appreciated because it difficult to take those of yourselves.Only negative: Pool closes to early, 6:00pm. Hope this reviews helps and we enjoy the Majestic Elegance as much as we did!

Room Tip: We booked a swim up room and loved our location. We were not to far from anything. Obviously the poo...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Majestic Elegance Punta Cana? Share your experiences!